Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,944 members, 7,927,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 10:40 PM

How Can This Issue Be Resolved? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can This Issue Be Resolved? (1171 Views)

My Father Dragging My Mom's Property With Me, how the Issue Was Resolved / Please I Need People Advice Over This Issue / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 04, 2018
So this morning, I decided to go through my messenger after I got a notification request from someone who wanted me to add him up to chat with me. While on that I decided to go through my pending list of those who sent chat requests and one particularly got my attention. I noticed it was a lady, and since I rarely get message requests from ladies I decided to check it out. An action I still regret. I noticed she sent a HI message sometime last year but I didn't respond, so I saw that the one she sent this year was sometime mid April.

She was saying that she has a 3 plus son for my older brother and she doesn't know any of his family but her family knows him and all that. That she has pictures of the boy and it hasn't been easy. And that she just wanted someone in his family which is me to know about it. This news threw me off balance. I've not been thinking straight ever since.

This my older brother now is in the process of getting a new wife, infact my fam has gone to see the family of the wife to be which is obviously not the lady who claims to have given birth to him. My brother has not told anyone in the family about fathering a child outside.
I don't even know what to do. Was thinking of using style to bring up the issue with my mum, but mehn I'm so scared, I don't want to be the bearer of such to my family. But then again, is it wise to just keep quiet.
The lady even sent her phone number and said she has pictures of the boy if I want to see. I have not replied her since seeing her message because I don't know what to tell her or even bring up any conversation with her.
Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 04, 2018
Talk to your bro, and if possible your mum too.

Make una dey ready to do DNA test
Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by IamD18: 12:17pm On May 04, 2018
Tell and show your brother what she said to know his reaction first.
Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by chiommy123(f): 12:36pm On May 04, 2018
I think you should tell your mum then your mum should be the one to ask him you know there is something between mums and their sons I believe he will be truthful to her and she can advice him properly.

2 Likes

Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by Cutehector(m): 1:00pm On May 04, 2018
talk to your brother first..
Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 04, 2018
ignore her messages till ur bro is done with the wedding
Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 04, 2018
Cutehector:
talk to your brother first..

2 Likes

Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 04, 2018
get a DNA paternity test done.
Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by Shugarlord213: 3:00pm On May 04, 2018
Forget that woman and let her carry her problem herself. Na she no wan close leg
That is how Nigeria ladies are sleeping from one man to the other
Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by lilyheaven: 12:18am On May 05, 2018
Your brother may be aware or not.
Just tell him about it. ASAP
Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by Nobody: 8:02am On May 05, 2018
That can't stop him from marrying another woman if he wants to. Its just d truth he's hiding that's bad. Obviously d new wife too doesn't know of d child.

So speak to ur mum or dad to meet this boy and his mum. Your mum shdnt disclose how she found out, shd not even mention ur name.

They're to accept d child not marry d child's mother. The new wife too shd know. Its not easy and may scatter d marriage plan but its worthwhile to disclose d truth now.

No matter how ur bro wants to take it, ur mum or dad who is d head of d family has done d right thing before God and man and has given a legacy of upright integrity.
Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by EfemenaXY: 8:29am On May 05, 2018
First things first.

Your parents and brother need to know that they might have a grandson and son out there.

Then a DNA test needs to be arranged to confirm whether the child is your brother’s or not. If it turns out that he is, then your family - especially your brother has to do right by his son.

He should then lay his cards on the table and be forthrightly honest by mentioning this to his bride and let her decide whether or not she still wants to marry him. It’s only fair that she knows now because something like this can’t be hidden forever. The truth will eventually come out.

Place yourself in his fiancée’s shoes. Wouldn’t you want to know about something like this prior to tying the knot NOW rather than later?
Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by baby124: 1:02am On May 07, 2018
Na wa o.... someone that can keep such a secret can kill o
Re: How Can This Issue Be Resolved? by Femsyn(m): 8:32am On May 07, 2018
Why should this even be a question? This is an allegation against your brother. Now because he is your elder brother, you may not get the truth if you ask him directly.

Now, I think the way to go is informing your parents. They should know the way and manner to go about it. But never keep this information to yourself. Whether its true or false.

Also, ensure this is done before the wedding.

(1) (Reply)

Appreciating With Se_x. / If Polyandry Bill Were Passed Into Law In Nigeria / What Should I Do To Restore My Happiness Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.