Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,979 members, 7,925,037 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 09:15 AM

The Bayelsa Entertainment Industry: Too Many Potentials To Be Harnessed - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Bayelsa Entertainment Industry: Too Many Potentials To Be Harnessed (383 Views)

Bayelsa Entertainment Industry: Matters Arising About Timaya / Bambam Receives Aisha Buhari Award For Contribution To Entertainment Industry / Top 10 'Small Girls With Big God' In The Nigerian Entertainment Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Bayelsa Entertainment Industry: Too Many Potentials To Be Harnessed by boxofix: 3:42pm On May 04, 2018
The Bayelsa Entertainment Industry: An Observer’s Perspective

When I was thinking about this topic, the first thought I heed to was: What if the reader skips this topic, or wonders if, there is any entertainment industry in Bayelsa. My friend, there is!♥♥
So far as every state has some people that can make noise like NDU Theatre students, or have an elderly man that can mumu like Geebonz or people that can sing from their predicament like Jovin (Oguaja), or people that are fine like my friend that loosed in 4 pageantry events out of 3, then we can conclude that, there is an entertainment industry.
Bayelsa as a State was founded on 1st October, 1996, by one General that people don’t like to talk about. By that time, I was a 1 year and 27 days old. I senior Bayelsa! Fast-forward to the 2000’s. Bayelsa State is very rich in human resources that awaits harnessing maybe after the oil is gone. A lot of irrelevant things have held rising stars from “blowing.” A reason could be that, almost all rich men in the State wants to own an hotel (for Wabu mission) or own a school (where people cannot even pay school fees sef) than sponsoring people. Ok!
Just like every other industry, the Bayelsa entertainment ship needs a structure to sail on. At the time of writing, the State doesn’t have an appreciated structure owing to many vital but invisible factors such as mentality, leadership, content, finance amongst other factors which we would discuss in the cause of this class. See me o, I’m sounding like one NDU lecturer.
1) MENTALITY
For every sector of the economy to grow, their must be key players that are willing to initiate some muddy steps that will certainly link to the golden pinnacle. Every destination starts with a mind journey. Wait first, before you think I’m speaking too much English. Ask yourself, what is the average mind set of a Bayelsan entertainer (musicians, comedians, models, actors, dancers, filmmakers). OK, let me tell you from my 6 years experience. Now, very few entertainers have significant reasons for doing what they do. I’m not a judge though, but if we should analyze this, every entertainer delved into the his/her career because;
They are passionate.
They love what they do.
They want to build a life and family, live lavishly.
They want to impart people with their contents.
But that’s not always the case. If you doubt me, then ask some Bayelsan entertainers: why they do what they do? You will get some funny replies like:
Musician: “Oboi, you know the matter, na the fame and money we dey find.
Man gats be Baba for the girls.
Man gats hold the rabas to silent some people.”
Filmmakers: “I want to be like (they will mention one Alaba Producer).
As a director, na to collect ur 3 points
I don tire for my family.”
Comedians: “I love comedy. I want to be like Mr. Ibu (and you be stand up comedian).”
Your village people are in Azikoro eating ur brain.
First of all, our motives and desires must be clearly defined if we want things to work out. Many of us don’t believe in structure, order and drawing a road map to success. Let me ask, if our minds are not rightly positioned as per what we truly want or need, or gifted to do, where do we start? It’s very possible to change the Bayelsa entertainment scene if we shift our mindsets from mediocrity to excellence. Some body shout Hallelujah!
Some Areas where we need to change our mindsets
• Government will never support you until you support yourself.
• Your ancestor is a commissioner doesn’t mean your music must “blow” in government house.
• Your name may be the problem: Just imagine that your goal is to be like Tom Cruise and we will start hearing names like Bayelsa Tom Cruise. God forgive the Producer that will feature you in his movie because it’s obvious you want his movie to end in Bayelsa. My brother change your ways.
• Change your satisfaction level from that your one song that is playing in car wash and that radio station. Compete with you and be a better you.
• Read, develop your skills: don’t end at copying Davido’s voice, after all Wizkid don’t even like the voice.

You may wish to continue @
https://azibagir./2018/04/30/the-bayelsa-entertainment-industry/

(1) (Reply)

Man Set To Take His Life This Thursday Legally / Davido Buys Private Jet, Venturing Into Aviation, Movies / Tekno Settles With Danfo Drivers After They Called Him Out For Sampling Their So

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.