Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,816 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (47627 Views)

Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land / Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall / HOW Isiss Made It To UNN After Rough Rides In UNIZIK Prescience Program. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by tibro(m): 7:54am On May 05, 2018
papoudaupolos:
How can these toothpicks hold on to heavy rain for Godsake.
Arrest the contractor
Don't also fail to arrest the ministry procurement officer or what ever agency that gave the contract, because they must have collected 50% of the total sum from the contractor.
#thievesinpublicoffices
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by Lapalapa: 8:14am On May 05, 2018
lonelydora:

Eni Njoku and Alvan Ikoku are twin hostels. Just like Mbanefo and Nkrumah (for PG students)

Nkrumah a PG hostel?..

When did u finish from UNN abeg
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by 3Hopeblog(m): 8:14am On May 05, 2018
No be fiber papa shop be that. Alvan oh! Tanker! Landlord! I miss UNN sha.

3 Likes

Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by lonelydora: 8:16am On May 05, 2018
Lapalapa:

Nkrumah a PG hostel?..

When did u finish from UNN abeg

2005. Okay....heard they have relocated them to the now 'completed' hostel along the road to Gate 2. What's the name?
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by afroxyz: 8:22am On May 05, 2018
CriticMaestro:
UNN na just overrated secondary school now

That's why you couldn't gain admission

2 Likes

Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by emmasege: 8:25am On May 05, 2018
Where's the hostel? This at best, looks like a poultry farm.
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by papoudaupolos: 8:34am On May 05, 2018
tibro:

Don't also fail to arrest the ministry procurement officer or what ever agency that gave the contract, because they must have collected 50% of the total sum from the contractor.
#thievesinpublicoffices
Since you knw why can't you blow or are yu too part of the fraud?
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by Coldfeets: 8:45am On May 05, 2018
lonelydora:

Eni Njoku and Alvan Ikoku are twin hostels. Just like Mbanefo and Nkrumah (for PG students)

Of course, I know.

I stayed in Franco during my days in UNN.

But I'm trying to recollect and I think eni njoku had a better stadium than Alvan.

And this stadium in the photo looks more like that of eni njoku than Alvan's...

But I could be mistaken...
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by lonelydora: 9:17am On May 05, 2018
Coldfeets:

Of course, I know.

But I'm trying to recollect and I think eni njoku had a better stadium than Alvan.

My thoughts too
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by juliuschy: 10:09am On May 05, 2018
Yea this serves our mentality right. How can such material be used in roofing such building. From this picture it seems there is no link between the roof and the building. What a mess.
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by Chrischidera: 10:52am On May 05, 2018
That building was roofed over 6yrs ago
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by christejames(m): 11:07am On May 05, 2018
lonelydora:

2005. Okay....heard they have relocated them to the now 'completed' hostel along the road to Gate 2. What's the name?

Peter Odili PG hostel, I think the hostel was built by him, the former governor of Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by christejames(m): 11:09am On May 05, 2018
Coldfeets:

Of course, I know.

The courtyard for Eni Njoku has been interlocked now, it's taking them forever to replicate same in Alvan.
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by frowland(m): 11:10am On May 05, 2018
joey150:
What are those? I guess the carpenter ran out of nails or used glue to hold the roofing together grin

Hahaha.

It seems the building is leaking from the topmost deck. So a temporary measure was to put roof on top but they ignored some design principles. The overlapping wood was not tied to lintel or to the building itself...seems it was just nail work. It wont work, it will be a matter of time.
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by Captainmudi(m): 11:14am On May 05, 2018
CriticMaestro:
UNN na just overrated secondary school now

Wetin u sabi kwanu? Dey talk trash

1 Like

Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by Captainmudi(m): 11:17am On May 05, 2018
Sears rain, wan scatter our camp nou.. Back in the days when I was ALVAN hostel governor
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by Coldfeets: 11:29am On May 05, 2018
christejames:

The courtyard for Eni Njoku has been interlocked now, it's taking them forever to replicate same in Alvan.

Okay.

It's been long since the last time I was there.

But if they interlock alvan, will boys still be able to play soccer there?! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by christejames(m): 11:33am On May 05, 2018
Coldfeets:

Okay.

It's been long since the last time I was there.

But if they interlock alvan, will boys still be able to play soccer there?! shocked

Yes

when I was there boys were playing ball on the Alvan interlocked pitch the only problem is serious injury if one falls hard on that floor. Still inter-series competitions were organized there.
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by Coldfeets: 11:34am On May 05, 2018
christejames:

Yes

when I was there boys were playing ball on the Alvan interlocked pitch the only problem is serious injury if one falls hard on that floor. Still inter-series competitions were organized there.

Actually, I'm thinking of how boys will be able to slide on their knees after scoring a beautiful goal like they do in English Premiership.
grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked cool cool cool tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by FunnyDude(m): 11:35am On May 05, 2018
This hostel houses me in my 100level... Alvan guys
Sweet memories
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by FunnyDude(m): 11:36am On May 05, 2018
Captainmudi:
Sears rain, wan scatter our camp nou.. Back in the days when I was ALVAN hostel governor

Taaa.. Who dash u hostel governor

1 Like

Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by lonelydora: 11:38am On May 05, 2018
christejames:

Peter Odili PG hostel, I think the hostel was built by him, the former governor of Rivers State.

He completed it when he was governor. He didn't build it from scratch

1 Like

Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by christejames(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2018
Coldfeets:

Actually, I'm thinking of how boys will be able to slide on their knees after scoring a beautiful goal like they do in English Premiership.
grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked cool cool cool tongue tongue tongue

LoL
that would be terrible.
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by christejames(m): 11:39am On May 05, 2018
lonelydora:

He completed it when he was governor. He didn't build it from scratch
OK thanks
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by justflow1(m): 3:14pm On May 05, 2018
I think govt should give a swift response to help bring all this infastructures back to atleast a bareable state, if not its normal state. these building as been existing even before the civil war, this were one of the abode of the biafrans soildiers cum arsenal, back then

Even the Hall of rescidence in its satelite campus in Enugu, is at the verge of deterioration...
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by miraclejoy: 4:30pm On May 05, 2018
The hall has no roof in its original plan, but because of driping water on 400 series roof prof Batho decided to roof it, that should be around 2010. Its not construction error.
Re: Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday by Captainmudi(m): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2018
FunnyDude:

Taaa.. Who dash u hostel governor
I was the hostel governor 2006/07

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyetola Muyiwa Atoyebi Is Youngest SAN In Nigeria At 34 Years (Photo) / UNIZIK Student Commits Suicide In Anambra (Graphic Photo) / Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.