Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,734 members, 7,875,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:05 PM

Story From My Past To My Present - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Story From My Past To My Present (316 Views)

I Might Have Been A Rebellious Angel In My Past Life / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. / Reincarnation Proof: How To Remember Your Past Life The Easiest Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story From My Past To My Present by Kingdombase(m): 2:16pm On May 06, 2018
This wasn’t part of my initial plan to be a writer, I have always wanted to be an engineer, I have always loved fixing damaged appliances and joining wires together, but I found out during my life’s journey, the power of writing. That power in books is what I’m about to leave to you now, my future kids.

I began life as a humble, young boy who was never far from his parents, especially my mom. I learnt how to cook from a very young age, I studied how my dad dealt with situations in the home, and I admired him for never raising his hands on my mother whenever they have a misunderstanding.

Peer pressure stepped in – I began to want what my mates were having, I began to want the street’s recognition. I began to distance myself from my parents and their teachings. I wanted to become a rap star; a mega super star.

Back then in the streets where I grew up from, there used to be a musical producer, whose name I would withhold for anonymity reasons. I wanted to be like him; he had fans, friends, nice clothes, fancy shoes, chains, girls and he was young, though a little older than I was.

I envied every step he took, I craved to be like him, I so wanted to be his friend. Fortunately for me, my elder brother knew where he lived. I begged my elder brother to take me there to just have a glimpse of his personal life. Days rolled to weeks and weeks to month, finally, my elder brother agreed to take me there.

I couldn’t explain the joy I had when we journeyed to his house. We got there and I met my “then-idol” producing a song for someone. I immediately loved him the more (no homo though). He was tall, fair, braided his hair, with muscles – boy! I wanted to be like him the more.

After he was done with the production, he came to us and we exchanged pleasantries. My elder brother was also a rapper then, so they knew each other, they had done a job together prior to that time. My brother introduced me to him and the rest became history.

When we were about to take our leave, I noticed empty bottles of red wines and other alcoholic drinks there, and I deduced that he was a person who drinks a lot. I immediately had a plan.

The next day, I decided to visit him alone since I already knew his place. On my way to his studio, I bought two bottles of red wine for him (I wasn’t into alcohol drinks then, I haven’t even tasted one). I got to his studio, and presented my “royal offerings” to him. He was surprised at my gesture, but at the same time he was happy that I brought the drinks as they were his favourite brand.

Immediately, we clicked. We started talking as though we’ve known each other for long, we just became friends. I started visiting him freely (but each time I go, I take bottles of red wine to him). He then started taking me with him to clubs, bars, and his shows and practically everywhere he goes. I had learnt how to take hot drinks and how to smoke.

The one thing I never did and haven’t done and by the grace of God will never do, was to lay with “body-peddlers”. We then did a song together, it gained attention within the streets and I started going on my own shows. People began to know me as an artiste, the name “X-HODUZ” began to take over the streets. I was among the first few in my area who successfully infused rap tunes into street beats.

My sound was accepted within my area and I began to feature in so many people’s music. It was a good feeling. I started gaining grounds of my own; I started seeing my pictures in posters for upcoming shows. I even met few upcoming acts in our studio who said I was their role model. I was then nominated for an award for the best upcoming act with good use of social media (though I didn’t win it). All these things happened within the space of 2 years.

Things happened so fast that I neglected seeking God’s face. Though I was still attending church, but my heart was far away from God. I was carried away by all the things that were around me. Did I also mention that it was within this period that I had my first taste of being in a woman? It all began to happen that I grew deeper in sin and immoralities.

By this time, I had learnt musical production, so I began producing songs for people as well as producing my own songs. I was already an expert in taking alcohol that I almost surpassed those who taught me how to drink. I started spending all the money I got from music to buy drinks. I bought drinks almost on a daily basis; I spend all my income because I believed that more will come the next day. I was advised to open a bank account and have little savings but I was reluctant to do so.

Finally, I gained admission into the polytechnic to study Mechanical Engineering. I thought I would sink deeper into the kind of life I was living. I settled in to my new environment, but I was surrounded my serious minded students who wanted nothing more than to study. I was equally forced to study and within a few months, I was already becoming a popular figure in school because of my exceptional abilities in a course titled Engine drawing (our main course).

After my first year, I decided to go for my final registration, but I received one of the biggest shocks of my life – I was not qualified to study Engineering because of my Secondary school result (WAEC). This new weakened my and everyone that knows me in school. My course mates helped me in writing letters to the school to allow me continue in the hope that I’d sit for another WAEC and clear my papers. The school refused and so, I had to drop out.

I applied again for another discipline, and I was given admission again to study Building Technology. All my friends at Mechanical Engineering were very happy for me, and I was happier for myself as I wouldn’t go back to the streets to continue my wayward kind of life.

I made new friends, they were more serious than I was and we formed a team of reading buddies. We read together at night classes, we attended tutorials together and we basically studied together. It was fun for me as I saw a new kind of life that was more inspiring, more educating and less stress. This is what I’ve always wanted, to be able to express myself without pressure.

I was elected as the new ‘general class governor’. This was how I became closer to my lecturers, older class governors and some members of the senate of the school. This appointment changed my perspective about life as I was shown a better and easier way to live. All my wrongs were corrected, I stopped smoking, stopped taking alcohol drinks and I was drawn more to God through the help of a then “online friend” who I met while still on the streets of Lagos.

Though, I am not yet a graduate, as I’ve only completed my National Diploma. I know that my life is heading for greatness. I want to use my story to inspire lots of youths who are going through similar situations; there is no gain in championing the streets while living a wayward life. There is a hope of greatness for you only if you surround yourself with great people.

I hope to continue this story with you all when I attain that which I am setting my sight on. You are an original version of yourself; do not shortchange your life in the quest to be like someone else.

See you at the top… You are great…

For more inspiring articles, kindly visit www.kingdombase..com

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/05/18 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/05/18 / One Thing You Must Do To Succeed – Bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.