Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,076 members, 7,883,748 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 03:28 PM

Blogging Is Still Very Profitable - You're Just Not Doing It Right - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogging Is Still Very Profitable - You're Just Not Doing It Right (507 Views)

Rejoinder: Blogging Is Not Dead In Nigeria / Aminat Olajumoke Ajibola Amiloaded: "Blogging Is Not For The Feeble-minded" / Why Mobile Blogging Is On The Cutting Edge And Why You Should Join (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blogging Is Still Very Profitable - You're Just Not Doing It Right by Premiumwriter: 6:05pm On May 06, 2018
I'll try to keep this short.

If you are a blogger, there's every chance that you're blogging to

1. Earn some money

2. Share a personal experience or thoughts

3. Influence or teach people something you already know

By far, making money is the no 1 reason why most Nigerians, in fact most people nowadays go into blogging.

But sincerely few are achieving their aims.

Let me make something clear: I'm not a blogger.

I have no experience with blogging but I think you need to listen to me because I'm a content writer. As a content writer, I've seen more than most bloggers can imagine. I've learned the basics of blogging, structuring content people will love and above all try to write a copy that will be informative. So I learned about blogs not because I wanted to set up one but because I had no other option but to learn day and night how it works because I'll need to write about it.

You may not be getting information from someone who's experienced, but you sure will be getting information from someone who has helped successful bloggers share their experiences with others. The oil will always stain the pipe. Consider me the pipe.

I've written lots of content as a freelance writer and I believe this has given me a good grasp of the internet, blogging and how most people who make money online are making it.

So I believe you should listen to what I'm going to say here if you're a blogger and wants to make money.

Blogging first of all is not all about the traffic. Traffic is important but what's the point of getting a 100 page view per day without earning a kobo?

If you're blogging to make some money then you should be concerned about setting up strategies that will bring the money in and not strategies that will bring in traffic.

I once encountered a guy here that is fond of posting misleading threads just to get a few page views. He'll create a thread about sextapes but when you click the link all you get is a news blog.

Fine he's getting the traffic, but do you think someone looking for a sextape will waste one second of his time reading stuffs about buhari and his friends?

No

He'll probably hiss and then press the back button.

That's no way as a blogger to make money. You gained a traffic but it wasn't profitable.

As a blogger, if you want to make money from your blog, you should concentrate on getting targeted traffic.

When I said targeted traffic, I mean getting visits to your blog from people who have a problem that your blog is providing solutions to.

If you can understand that, I believe everything else will fall in place. See your blog as a solution to a particular problem. People have this problem and are coming to you for solution which they will have to pay for.

Some one once wrote on this forum and said that the Nigerian blog sphere is overly saturated and is no longer profitable. Something I really disagree with. In fact the blog industry in Nigeria is still very profitable. There are so many problems but few blogs are offering solutions and just about anyone can survive with the right content marketing strategy .

I believe content marketing strategy is really the place where we get it all wrong as bloggers in Nigeria.

Content marketing involves creating content that is informative to your traffic.

Hold on a little. I said content marketing involves creating content that is helpful to your readers.

Let me give an instance: you plan on selling refurbished or used laptops as most Nigerians are doing today. But that's all about serving yourself. It doesn't create any opportunities for your buyers to relate with you. But you can do it in a different way and even cause your buyers to fall in love with you through content marketing.

Now by applying content marketing, you can regularly create content that may help your buyers make a decision. Most of us when we want to buy a laptop, we are often confused about the best specs that will fit our needs, we are also confused about the brand to go for: HP, Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba, Asus or Dell?, what laptop will be best to go for and so on.

Now if you're a seller that can help a confuse buyer make an informed decision on a laptop that will fit his needs, there's nothing that will stop the client from buying from you.

The same logic applies to a blog. Your blog should be a way of helping people make informed purchases or solve a problem.

I'll continue this.
Re: Blogging Is Still Very Profitable - You're Just Not Doing It Right by dhsfbi(m): 6:29pm On May 06, 2018
Where are you sir? Come back here.
Re: Blogging Is Still Very Profitable - You're Just Not Doing It Right by mrkachi13(m): 9:33pm On May 06, 2018
Thanks for this piece Premiumwriter
Re: Blogging Is Still Very Profitable - You're Just Not Doing It Right by Nobody: 5:25am On May 07, 2018
It's really pathetic that all newbie bloggers mindset of monetization is on adsense, and honestly making any headway with adsense demands huge traffic. And as this new blogs can't boast of such traffic, then sets in frustration. We effectively monetized [url]questechie.com[/url] through content marketing (comprising: paid reviews, sponsored posts and in content link placements), and we've not relied on AdSense a bit! grin
Re: Blogging Is Still Very Profitable - You're Just Not Doing It Right by Trafficsolder: 6:23am On May 07, 2018
Nice info. Really amazing!!

also you should learn blogging here: [url]Blogger guide[/url] https://trafficsolder.com/blogger.html

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Closes 583 Million Fake Accounts / U.S.A Non-verified Adsense Needed / Who Can Design A Website For Me (I Need It ASAP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.