Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,310 members, 7,978,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:03 PM

The Youngest Person To Be Sentenced To Death In The U.S - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Youngest Person To Be Sentenced To Death In The U.S (825 Views)

Hushpuppi To Be Sentenced On September 21 / Fiona Onasanya To Be Sentenced With Brother, After Lying To Police In UK / Couple Names Baby After Adolf Hitler, To Be Sentenced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Youngest Person To Be Sentenced To Death In The U.S by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 07, 2018
George Junius Stinney Jr. (October 21, 1929 – June 16, 1944), was an African-American wrongfully convicted of murder in 1944 in his home town of Alcolu, South Carolina.
Stinney was convicted in less than 10 minutes, during a one-day trial, by an all-white jury of the first-degree murder of two white girls: 11-year-old Betty June Binnicker and 7-year-old Mary Emma Thames. After being arrested, Stinney was said to have confessed to the crime. There was no written record of his confession apart from notes provided by an investigating deputy, and no transcript was recorded of the brief trial. He was denied appeal and executed by electric chair .
Since Stinney's conviction and execution the question of his guilt, the validity of his reported confession, and the judicial process leading to his execution have been extensively criticized.
A group of lawyers and activists investigated the Stinney case on behalf of his family. In 2013 the family petitioned for a new trial. On December 17, 2014, his conviction was posthumously vacated 70 years after his execution, because the circuit court judge ruled that he had not been given a fair trial; he had no effective defense and his Sixth Amendment rights had been violated.
The judgment noted that while Stinney may in fact have committed the crime, the prosecution and trial were fundamentally flawed. Judge Mullen ruled that his confession was likely coerced and thus inadmissible.
Stinney's trial had an all-white jury . More than 1,000 people crowded the courtroom but no blacks were allowed. Other than the testimony of the three police officers, at trial prosecutors called three witnesses: Reverend Francis Batson, who discovered the bodies of the two girls, and the two doctors who performed the post-mortem examination. Conflicting confessions were reported to have been offered by the prosecution...
#Blacks Live Matters ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stinney,
Lalasticala
Seun Osewa
mynd44
OAM4J ....

1 Like

Re: The Youngest Person To Be Sentenced To Death In The U.S by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 07, 2018

Re: The Youngest Person To Be Sentenced To Death In The U.S by KingsPay: 12:28pm On May 07, 2018
KINGSPAY.US {Online Investment}
"""""""Invest In Your Future Now"""""""

Is There a Joining Fee? YES [$10 MINIMUM].
Can I Earn Daily? YES YOU CAN.
Is This Secure and Stable? OH! YES.
Can I Earn Money Starting With Just $10 Minimum? OH! YES.
Can I Withdraw My Money Instantly? OH! YES.
Can My Friends Join Me? OH! YES.
Do 100% Of your members earn daily? ABSOLUTLY YES.
Does Kingspay.us Have False Promises? OH! NO!!!!!!.
Does Kingspay.us Have Hidden Clauses? OH! NO!!!!!!.

Min Invest : 10
Max Invest : $100000
Withdrawal : Instant
Our Investment: $100.00
Payout Ratio: 8765% in profit
Last Payout: May 7th, 2018
Payment : PerfectMoney

Our company kingspay.us Best stable program to invest! Helps you to get an incredible high return on your investments.
If you don't like to waste time and if you want to earn big money easy - this program is for you.
To participate in our program you need only one thing. All you need is desire to get rich.
Our professional financial team and financial advisers are always at your service. We will help you to earn easy way.
Invest Today and Start Earning.

Life Changing Opportunity is Here ...
Join http://kingspay.us Now

(1) (Reply)

Bouncer And His Pregnant Wife Burnt To Death In Lagos. / Nigerian Police And Soldiers Fight Shamelessly And Publicly(pics,video / Man Kills Himself While Attempting Complicated Move During Street Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.