Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,648 members, 7,889,098 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:07 PM

Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price (19419 Views)

Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price / Check Out Iphone 8 And Iphone 8 Plus Specifications And Price In Nigeria / Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:27am On May 11, 2018
still rocking my z ultra. best phone ever made ( my opinion)

Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 9:30am On May 11, 2018
jagorinho:

yes!!! but they should work on their battery, but except from that, no other phone can make me replace a sony product, about the marketing, it seems they have a specific market they are targeting and i doubt africa is there, but the joy i get when checking the display of a high end sony phone is heavenly.

So which market are they targeting, can u tell me? Sony are not in the top 10 smartphone selling brands. Samsung, Apple, Huawei, xiaomi, Lenovo, ZTE, LG are above them.
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:31am On May 11, 2018
Stallion93:
Sony has always been putting out top notch, Customer friendly Smartphones into d market. Smth is just wrong with their marketing strategy else Samsung can't even Come up close to being Rivalry. For me Sony takes the lead on Android Smart phones
i agree with you two million percent. sony ui is the best android experience you can get. they took the bold step to make extra large phones like the z ultra, then samsung and apple were laughing at them that no one will buy but today they cant make phone without plus version. sony laugh last

1 Like

Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by MrSensor(m): 9:33am On May 11, 2018
ruggedtimi:
front camera 5mp?? for a phone of 286k
shocked This is the real and quality 5mp not the fake ones that other brands use. You will be amazed at how perfectly Sony's 5mp pictures are compared to those fake 20 mp of other brands.
Nothing can be compared to Sony when it comes to quality product.

I don't blame you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 9:36am On May 11, 2018
ladiesreject:
Boys still de hustle.

If e pass 35k no b for me be that.

But I'll get there one day.

Meanwhile, what's the battery capacity of the phone? Pls don't tell me it's below 4000mAH

3180mAH. By the way most flagship phones have battery in the range of 3,000 to 3,500mah
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 9:45am On May 11, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
i agree with you two million percent. sony ui is the best android experience you can get. they took the bold step to make extra large phones like the z ultra, then samsung and apple were laughing at them that no one will buy but today they cant make phone without plus version. sony laugh last

I disagree. Sony is no way near the best Android experience. There is a reason they don't sell. Their design is weird and nobody likes those rectangular shaped phones that look like bricks. They are not even in the top 10 selling phones in the world.

And who told u Sony are the first to make large phones? Samsung released the Galaxy note in 2011, then people said it was too big but that was the evolution of large phones. The Xperia z ultra was released in 2013.
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 9:48am On May 11, 2018
MrSensor:
shocked This is the real and quality 5mp not the fake ones that other brands use. You will be amazed at how perfectly Sony's 5mp pictures are compared to those fake 20 mp of other brands.
Nothing can be compared to Sony when it comes to quality product.

I don't blame you.

When it comes to tv and Blu Ray players yes Sony are on top. When it comes to mobile phones they are meh, they can't even fit a decent camera in their phones and I'm not talking megapixels here. Go check YouTube's, u will see Samsung Galaxy s9 plus, Google pixel 2, Huawei p20 pro, iPhone X, LG v30 all have better camera than Xperia xz2
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Stallion93(m): 9:49am On May 11, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, which top notch phone are they making? Sony are no way near the top of the food chain uet their phones are expensive. No wonder they don't sell. Talk true would u choose this over galaxy s9 plus or Huawei p20 pro or Google pixel 2 XL. The competition is stiff and Sony are confused.
dude I can't spend my hard earned money just for Brand names, My last Xperia was the Z5 before I decided to get a feel of Apples Ios. Take your time to watch reviews on Sony phones and compare their specs with others, Sony don't make Gimmicks. For me it's Sony over all other androids, At least for now
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by desgiezd(m): 9:55am On May 11, 2018
It's a Sony
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:58am On May 11, 2018
What about the battery capacity? Anything less than 4000 mah is a big misdeed.
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 10:02am On May 11, 2018
Stallion93:
dude I can't spend my hard earned money just for Brand names, My last Xperia was the Z5 before I decided to get a feel of Apples Ios. Take your time to watch reviews on Sony phones and compare their specs with others, Sony don't make Gimmicks. For me it's Sony over all other androids, At least for now

Lol, if u take ur time to watch other phone reviews u will know Sony ain't got it when it comes to mobile phones. There's a reason they are way below others in terms of sales, even Huawei and xiaomi have overtaken them at the top of the food chain. Look Sony make great TV's and Blu Ray players but not phones. In fact their mobile phone segment have been operating on loss for the past 4 yrs or so

Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Chukazu: 10:05am On May 11, 2018
SONY makes the best phones ...don't argue
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Chukazu: 10:08am On May 11, 2018
greenhulk:

When it comes to tv and Blu Ray players yes Sony are on top. When it comes to mobile phones they are meh, they can't even fit a decent camera in their phones and I'm not talking megapixels here. Go check YouTube's, u will see Samsung Galaxy s9 plus, Google pixel 2, Huawei p20 pro, iPhone X, LG v30 all have better camera than Xperia xz2

Do you know what you talking about?

Other phone makers , including Samsung buy phone technology from SONY
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Chukazu: 10:10am On May 11, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, if u take ur time to watch other phone reviews u will know Sony ain't got it when it comes to mobile phones. There's a reason they are way below others in terms of sales, even Huawei and xiaomi have overtaken them at the top of the food chain. Look Sony make great TV's and Blu Ray players but not phones. In fact their mobile phone segment have been operating on loss for the past 4 yrs or so

Does that the article relate to "low quality " of the phone?
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Elparaiso(m): 10:11am On May 11, 2018
The bezels alone scream 2017
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by trappatoni(m): 10:11am On May 11, 2018
Chukazu:
SONY makes the best phones ...don't argue
Yinmu. Ma tan ra e.
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Barzinime(m): 10:12am On May 11, 2018
Lol...you are a clown grin grin grin
Chloe88:
cool

The price of those phone will open a fero kiosk grin
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 10:15am On May 11, 2018
Chukazu:

Do know what you talking about?

Other phone makers , including Samsung buys phone technology from SONY

I know what I'm talking about 100%. Other companies buy their lenses from Sony but use their software to make pictures come out good. Sony don't know how to make softwares to make pictures come out good. Have u ever seen a Sony phone make top 5 best camera phones? Guy use Google or YouTube. A phones camera is not all about the lens, software plays a large part and this is why Google pixel 2 XL with just 1 camera is able to beat many phones with dual camera.

And when u say other companies buy their technology from Sony u need to be specific. Yes a lot of companies buy their camera lens from Sony but that's just about it. Do u know how many companies Samsung supply with display and chip?
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 10:21am On May 11, 2018
Chukazu:

Does that the article relate to "low quality " of the phone?
I didn't say low quality. Just that the price of their phones don't match what they sell and their flagship phones are no way near the competition. So why would someone leave a better Samsung and buy a Sony at same price? If their phones are that good then they should be selling many phones. And don't tell me it's because of Samsung's marketing, let's take Samsung out of it, Huawei sell more flagship phones than Sony and this is a company that was a minnow s few yrs ago. LG sell more phones than Sony. Just compare this Xperia rubbish to huawei p20 pro.
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 10:23am On May 11, 2018
trappatoni:
Yinmu. Ma tan ra e.

Lol, I tell u. Some people keep saying Sony make best phones even when they are not among the top 10 companies that make the best phones. Maybe they think tv and phones are the same.
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:25am On May 11, 2018
greenhulk:

I disagree. Sony is no way near the best Android experience. There is a reason they don't sell. Their design is weird and nobody likes those rectangular shaped phones that look like bricks. They are not even in the top 10 selling phones in the world.

And who told u Sony are the first to make large phones? Samsung released the Galaxy note in 2011, then people said it was too big but that was the evolution of large phones. The Xperia z ultra was released in 2013.
boss i said extra large, u cant compare the titan called z ultra to the early note series of samsung and i hope i have cleared the air on this one. secondly i said the sony ui (which is the sony version of android) gives the best android experience. which is my opinion
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Chukazu: 10:26am On May 11, 2018
greenhulk:

I know what I'm talking about 100%. Other companies buy their lenses from Sony but use their software to make pictures come out good. Sony don't know how to make softwares to make pictures come out good. Have u ever seen a Sony phone make top 5 best camera phones? Guy use Google or YouTube. A phones camera is not all about the lens, software plays a large part and this is why Google pixel 2 XL with just 1 camera is able to beat many phones with dual camera

Sony’s Exmor image sensors are behind a number of high-end smartphone cameras.

Sony’s high-end image sensors fall under the Exmor RS brand name. Its latest model is the Back Side Illuminated (BSI) 21 megapixel IMX230, which has started to find its way into the latest smartphones. It’s IMX240 powers the Galaxy Note 4 and some S6 models, while the IMX234 forms the basis of the LG G4’s camera.

I don't think this is all about the Lens
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Chukazu: 10:37am On May 11, 2018
greenhulk:
I didn't say low quality. Just that the price of their phones don't match what they sell and their flagship phones are no way near the competition. So why would someone leave a better Samsung and buy a Sony at same price? If their phones are that good then they should be selling many phones. And don't tell me it's because of Samsung's marketing, let's take Samsung out of it, Huawei sell more flagship phones than Sony and this is a company that was a minnow s few yrs ago. LG sell more phones than Sony. Just compare this Xperia rubbish to huawei p20 pro.

The best Car companies don't makes the highest sales .

It's a choice between quality and quantity.

Porsche can not Chun out same sales figures with TOYOTA but everyone knows the difference
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 10:39am On May 11, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
boss i said extra large, u cant compare the titan called z ultra to the early note series of samsung and i hope i have cleared the air on this one. secondly i said the sony ui (which is the sony version of android) gives the best android experience. just go to google playstore and see how people are downlading their music player, video player and photo app. personally i have transferred many of my original sony app to a few of friends who just fancy how sony gave them a better experience than what they had.

Bros, the first galaxy note was the evolution of large phones. That's a fact. This was in 2011 when the phones with largest screen was around 4.3', by then iPhones we're still using 3.5' and Samsung came with a 5.3' note. People were like is that a phone or a tablet? Hence the word 'phablet' was born.

By the way talking about extra large phones, have u heard of Samsung Galaxy Mega? Yes it was released in April 2013 with 6.3' display before Sony released Xperia z ultra.
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by madgoat(m): 10:45am On May 11, 2018
cry
Chloe88:
cool

The price of those phone will open a fero kiosk grin

Dont allow me get angry with you for this statement angry
Are u trying trying to say fero is like pure water?
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:47am On May 11, 2018
greenhulk:

Bros, the first galaxy note was the evolution of large phones. That's a fact. This was in 2011 when the phones with largest screen was around 4.3', by then iPhones we're still using 3.5' and Samsung came with a 5.3' note. People were like is that a phone or a tablet? Hence the word 'phablet' was born.

By the way talking about extra large phones, have u heard of Samsung Galaxy Mega? Yes it was released in April 2013 with 6.3' display before Sony released Xperia z ultra.
am not arguing on who made the first large phone. for extra large which trumps all you listed and what i said in my first post, the z ultra wins because it has a 6.4 inch display. cheers
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 10:53am On May 11, 2018
Chukazu:

The best Car companies don't makes the highest sales .

It's a choice between quality and quantity.

Porsche can not Chun out same sales figures with TOYOTA but everyone knows the difference

Lol, this is the game u want to play? Sony don't make better quality phones than Apple, Samsung and Huawei yet they don't sell a quarter of what those companies sell. If u want to talk about cars I'm sure u don't know more than me so don't even go there. Porsche, Mercedes, rolls Royce make luxury brands and are not expected to sell as much as passenger cars like the Camry or accord.

But show me what makes Sony phones luxury brand. It's only in Nigeria here that people consider Sony phones as luxury phones lol, it's just another Android phone dude. This Xperia xz2 has nothing on gakaxy s9 plus. Not more premium, no way near the features and even design wise. So what makes it more luxurious than an s9 plus?

Display; Samsung wins with AMOLED qhd while Sony use 1080p IPS
Processor: same snapdragon 845, same adreno 630
Build: same gorilla glass 5 front and back
Water resistance: both are ip68

Camera: this is where Samsung beats the sh't out of Sony. S9 plus has dual 12mp camera with f/1.5 dual aperture (first phone with dual aperture) while Sony still uses a 19mp f/2.0 aperture. how can a company use f/2.0 aperture in a flagship phone in 2018? That's the same quality found on xiaomi phones and even some tecno are now nearing the f/2.0 aperture.

So just tell.me what makes this phone more luxurious than a galaxy s9 plus?
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 10:54am On May 11, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
am not arguing on who made the first large phone. for extra large which trumps all you listed and what i said in my first post, the z ultra wins because it has a 6.4 inch display. cheers

Samsung Galaxy Mega has 6.3'. What's the difference?
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:59am On May 11, 2018
greenhulk:

Samsung Galaxy Mega has 6.3'. What's the difference?
are you really asking me the difference between 6.3 and 6.4? numbers dont lie bro. bye bye
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by dboyoji: 11:00am On May 11, 2018
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by wink2015(m): 11:02am On May 11, 2018
I STILL DEY USE MY LOCAL "NOKIA 3310"

Make I look throw away my eyes.
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 11:03am On May 11, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
are you really asking me the difference between 6.3 and 6.4? numbers dont lie bro. bye bye

Lol, of course but they both fall in the category of mega screen and Samsung did it first. By ur logic then xiaomi mi max is the first mega screen phone with 6.44 inches and don't ask me what's the difference between 6.4 inch and 6.44 inch. Grab?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp Business App Now Available In Nigeria / Where Do You Keep Your Phone When You Sleep? / Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.