Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,605 members, 7,878,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 05:25 AM

Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) (41701 Views)

Precious Eboigbodin Creates Lion Sculpture From Spoons, Knives And Forks / Meet Nigerian Sculptor - Dotun Popoola / Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by aerodee(m): 9:17pm On May 12, 2018
Some people are here say that they are not impressed. Who cares?

I know the man and met him before, he is internationally known and could care less what some little bleep think.

Illusion of grandeur is really worrying people sha.

Because someone post about success to encourage others doesn't mean people with low taste in that area should come and spew their "poverty ridden" views.

Only people who never chop will see good art and say "Is that food?", "Can I eat it?", "Who that one epp?" and other low IQ questions...

If you are new to art or don't appreciate it, just go to other food news, some BB naija or Lazy youth news.
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by yommen: 9:51pm On May 12, 2018
Postanalyser:
Afonja and mediocrity is like 5 and 6

Afonja and Mediocrity IS ...!!! Simple English, you no fit speak! Who is fooling who now?
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by bosstony(m): 9:53pm On May 12, 2018
Pretty nice work
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by BabbanBura(m): 10:03pm On May 12, 2018
Angelanest:
This is real talent in display. A Nigerian mutimedia artist, painter and sculptor, Dotun Popoola, is in the limelight again for his rare ability to assemble scrap metals and convert it into artwork. The young man whose father is an automobile mechanic - created a hybrid Boerboel out of scrap metals and even a chicken.

Once any of his sets packs up, he converts its scraps into artwork, the beauty of which can be so stunning that it has won the Auchi Polytechnic and Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife-trained artist acclaim.

In one of the posts made on his social media page, the talented young man explained what he does. Read below;

Metal sculpture is becoming so interesting as artists are now taking critical study of Their materials. with the recent involvements in upcycling, we were able to select metals of different properties. Ferrous metals like iron, cast iron, mild steel, medium carbon steel, high carbon steel, stainless steel and high speed steel.

Non-ferrous metals include aluminum, brass, copper, nickel, tin, lead, and zinc, as well as precious metals like gold and silver. While non-ferrous metals can provide strength, they are primarily used where their differences from ferrous metals can provide an advantage. The exploration continues as the search progresses in our recent involvement in upcycling.

We went junking and was able to select the best of metals and aloys. It's a great privilege to work with other amazing metal sculptor.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/talented-artist-dotun-popoola-shows-off-his-artwork-from-scrap-material.html

Ibkkk come and see ya brother woo
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Absuchat(m): 10:27pm On May 12, 2018
divicoded:

Really?

You call this mediocrity? I pity your entire generations because of your evil infested life.

Can you show us anything better than this from your lineage. Because of your hatred and stewpidity for other tribes other than you tribe, every other tribe is bad? That is why you will forever remain 2nd class citizens in Nigeria

I laugh at your outright stupidity. ....just like the artist and his mediocre products, you all are trash.
Wait a minute, you(a common Yoruba demon) called a full fledged igbo man "second -hand citizen" ? Hahahaha...once again i laugh at your foolishness, a tribe that everyone uses to achieve what they want.for instance, northerners use you to get to power,whereas Easterners use you to expand their market,and ypu fail to realize that you are irrelevant in this country.
Did i hear you ask him to show you what we can produce? Well i guess you are not serious with that question, however if you are,i guess INNOSON motors is the least i can say here.
Do you still need more?

But please,name one product you guys take to the market.....i Promise to buy you beer,if ypu can.
Anumanu

1 Like

Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Absuchat(m): 10:36pm On May 12, 2018
yommen:

Afonja and Mediocrity IS ...!!! Simple English, you no fit speak! Who is fooling who now?

Is your English any better than his?
Take away pidgin English, and90% of yellowbar will not communicate.

1 Like

Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by ArcGibson(m): 11:24pm On May 12, 2018
Rexeffiom:
Lovely
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by cushycute(f): 11:31pm On May 12, 2018
Check him out on instagram @dotunpopo and be convinced Mr. Thomas.

Israeljones:
unless it is viable... am not impressed...

1 Like

Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:49am On May 13, 2018
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by peacettw: 6:26am On May 13, 2018
This is beautiful and such rare talent. Kudos to the young man. Be proud of your gift and excel
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 6:37am On May 13, 2018
Oritzy:
Wow, that's cool

Naija form of Transformer

Still waiting till the dog turns to Peugeot 405 or the chicken to Danfo.

This is what happens when you watch too much of Hollywood action movies
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Thesia(f): 6:38am On May 13, 2018
divicoded:

Really?

You call this mediocrity? I pity your entire generations because of your evil infested life.

Can you show us anything better than this from your lineage. Because of your hatred and stewpidity for other tribes other than you tribe, every other tribe is bad? That is why you will forever remain 2nd class citizens in Nigeria

I honestly do not blame you, I will rather blame a nairaland that allows every toddler with a tecno phone to join

One day, neither nairaland or the Nigeria society we desire we allow people like you.

When is citizens being refer as first class and second class....

This country tire me ohh...

Any way shaa the art was superb....
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Thesia(f): 6:45am On May 13, 2018
Postanalyser:

Including the computer you use to type this shit,cos we import it too. And less i forget...ur boxers too,we made it.lol

grin grin grin

Hahaha, as u said import, not like Nigeria will ever make genuine product, stupid Shithole country... Nigeria
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Absuchat(m): 6:53am On May 13, 2018
Thesia:

Any way shaa the art was superb....

Don't mind the foool,who even want to be a first class citizen in a shithole country?
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Absuchat(m): 6:57am On May 13, 2018
Thesia:

grin grin grin

Hahaha, as u said import, not like Nigeria will ever make genuine product, stupid Shithole country... Nigeria

But TSTV,INNOSON and so many products are 100% naija made.
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Absuchat(m): 6:59am On May 13, 2018
Thesia:

Any way shaa the art was superb...

The art is a wasted effort.
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by SUNDICOS(m): 7:03am On May 13, 2018
Evablizin:
Wow,i'm impressed.
so much impressed

1 Like

Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Oritzy: 7:39am On May 13, 2018
CaptainFM1:

This is what happens when you watch too much of Hollywood action movies
Yeah I do infavt its one of those things I do at leisure time.
But how does pork nosing become part of your life?
Never in your life quote me again.
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by oblaak(m): 8:20am On May 13, 2018
divicoded:

Really?

I honestly do not blame you, I will rather blame a nairaland that allows every toddler with a tecno phone to join

One day, neither nairaland or the Nigeria society we desire we allow people like you.

Shut up. Is owning a Techno phone bad? Any small thing, techno phone.
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Nobody: 8:22am On May 13, 2018
Absuchat:

I laugh at your outright stupidity. ....just like the artist and his mediocre products, you all are trash.
Wait a minute, you(a common Yoruba demon) called a full fledged igbo man "second -hand citizen" ? Hahahaha...once again i laugh at your foolishness, a tribe that everyone uses to achieve what they want.for instance, northerners use you to get to power,whereas Easterners use you to expand their market,and ypu fail to realize that you are irrelevant in this country.
Did i hear you ask him to show you what we can produce? Well i guess you are not serious with that question, however if you are,i guess INNOSON motors is the least i can say here.
Do you still need more?

But please,name one product you guys take to the market.....i Promise to buy you beer,if ypu can.
Anumanu

Stop crying
I know say he pain You! Any energised transformer around your house?

Do the needful quickly
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Nobody: 8:23am On May 13, 2018
oblaak:

Shut up. Is owning a Techno phone bad? Any small thing, techno phone.

Go and sell gala little flatronn grin
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Mcdaniels06: 8:24am On May 13, 2018
Israeljones:

But you were impressed and celebrated BBNAIJA
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Mcdaniels06: 8:26am On May 13, 2018
bosstony:
Pretty nice work
Indeed beautiful piece of work
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Mcdaniels06: 8:28am On May 13, 2018
Angelanest:
This is real talent in display. A Nigerian mutimedia artist, painter and sculptor, Dotun Popoola, is in the limelight again for his rare ability to assemble scrap metals and convert it into artwork. The young man whose father is an automobile mechanic - created a hybrid Boerboel out of scrap metals and even a chicken.

Once any of his sets packs up, he converts its scraps into artwork, the beauty of which can be so stunning that it has won the Auchi Polytechnic and Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife-trained artist acclaim.

In one of the posts made on his social media page, the talented young man explained what he does. Read below;

Metal sculpture is becoming so interesting as artists are now taking critical study of Their materials. with the recent involvements in upcycling, we were able to select metals of different properties. Ferrous metals like iron, cast iron, mild steel, medium carbon steel, high carbon steel, stainless steel and high speed steel.

Non-ferrous metals include aluminum, brass, copper, nickel, tin, lead, and zinc, as well as precious metals like gold and silver. While non-ferrous metals can provide strength, they are primarily used where their differences from ferrous metals can provide an advantage. The exploration continues as the search progresses in our recent involvement in upcycling.

We went junking and was able to select the best of metals and aloys. It's a great privilege to work with other amazing metal sculptor.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/talented-artist-dotun-popoola-shows-off-his-artwork-from-scrap-material.html

They will not see this one, encourage him, support him and celebrat him now o, how would they when is not that waste of time they call BBNAIJA .
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Absuchat(m): 8:50am On May 13, 2018
divicoded:

Stop crying
I know say he pain You! Any energised transformer around your house?

Do the needful quickly

Hahahaha.....we know those that are always "pained" by good news na.
That is how it has always been,name one thing the west produce in Nigeria, and you guys will become dumb.
You kept calling the northerners parasites in Nigeria, whereas you folks are actually the real parasites.
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Absuchat(m): 8:52am On May 13, 2018
divicoded:

Go and sell gala little flatronn grin
How about you abandon selling agbo to doing something meaningful.
That shit has really rendered most of you guys impotent.
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Tedassie(m): 10:03am On May 13, 2018
Harmoony:
Unfortunately talent don't mean anything in this part of the world cry
Nigeria is like the grave where dreams,talents,aspirations,technological innovations are buried without actualization.

1 Like

Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by OyinO: 10:03am On May 13, 2018
Impressive
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Tedassie(m): 10:07am On May 13, 2018
Israeljones:
This is ART,oga...smh
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by ibkkk(f): 10:22am On May 13, 2018
BabbanBura:

Ibkkk come and see ya brother woo

I was INSPIRED,walai.
Nice one kiss

1 Like

Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Nobody: 10:30am On May 13, 2018
Absuchat:

How about you abandon selling agbo to doing something meaningful.
That shit has really rendered most of you guys impotent.

Sorry where is Llamadi Cownu? In the belly of the fish you say? grin
Re: Dotun Popoola Creates 'Dog And Chicken' From Scrap Materials (Photos) by Nobody: 10:31am On May 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Hahahaha.....we know those that are always "pained" by good news na.
That is how it has always been,name one thing the west produce in Nigeria, and you guys will become dumb.
You kept calling the northerners parasites in Nigeria, whereas you folks are actually the real parasites.

Kiddo
Go play with sand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CNN Features Artist, Oresegun Olumide / Oscar Ukonu: The Nigerian Who Can Draw Everything With Pen / Precious Eboigbodin Creates Lion Sculpture From Spoons, Knives And Forks

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.