Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,768 members, 7,879,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:36 PM

The Prayer Of "In My Father's House..." - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Prayer Of "In My Father's House..." (251 Views)

The Prayer Of The Righteous Is A Delight To God But The Wicked's An Abomination! / "Mount Carmel": Apostle Johnson Suleman Officially Opens The Prayer Mountain / Reno Omokri Visits Israel, Shares Picture Of Jesus’ Foster Father’s House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Prayer Of "In My Father's House..." by Fammoboy10(m): 3:49am On May 13, 2018
IN MY FATHER’S HOUSE

The Story of Joseph in the scripture, coupled with the idea that when a man get to a state of prominence will trigger the enrichment of other members of the family has blindfolded many from the teachings of Christ and has made many to err in the place of prayer.
The sense of possessing coupled with the hunger to rise above other people, the desire to acquire more and more has indeed gone a long way to deter people from seeing the precious promises of God for their very life, making many to pray amiss.
Sometimes ago I and my kindred was opportune to attend a prayer meeting where the major prayer point was that of “In my father’s house”, a prayer that is in two folds; “Make me the head and not the tail” and “Where no one has never gotten to in my family, let me be the first to get there”.
These are the kind of prayers that are portrayed to be a very powerful prayer points. The kind you see people of the same kindred praying and rolling on the floor to pray (even simultaneously).
A Yoruba proverb says “Adura ni koun je ki adura gba” (i.e. it is prayer that hinders prayer from being answered). I was praying, my family members are also saying theirs, and then I begin to wonder whose prayer will God answer first.
I begin to ponder within me, where is the love, the likes, even for my siblings. I felt like it was as if I was even praying for their demotion indirectly. Think about it, If I pray having the mindset that “I must get to a prominent place before any of them, so that I can extend a helping hand them, I’m I not cursing or praying for their demotion, I’m I not being selfish, I’m I not being influenced by the “Tyranny of Things”
“The willingness to always possess or acquire things, a situation that is so powerful enough to drive God out of His central shrine in the heart of every man”.

You can read here:[url] “The Tyranny of Things”.
[/url]https://kingdomfacts..com.ng/2018/05/the-tyranny-of-things.html
This article I write, so that everyone that is also having this kind of mindset would come to the knowledge of the fact that the prayer of “In my father’s house” as well as many others we will soon be pointing out in the light of the scriptures negates the teachings of Christ, promoting nothing but hatred and selfishness.

WHERE IS THE LOVE?
John 15: 12-13, Mark 12:31
In Mark 12:31, Jesus says love your neighbor as yourself. (That’s by the law anyway). However, Jesus requires more than that “In John 15:12-13, “My command is this, Love each other as I have loved you”. How has he loved us? By leaving his glory in heaven (Demoting himself), and coming down to earth to die for our sins.
“The practical lesson Jesus wants us to learn here is to love, and always seek for the upliftment of our fellows or neighbors."
If therefore you claim to be a new creature in Christ, then the prayer of in my father’s house should be an exception because it negates the dictates of Christ.

I KNOW THE PLAN I HAVE FOR YOU
Jeremiah 29:11, Jeremiah 1:5
God has plan for everybody, and the plan is of good and not of evil. If God is having a better plan for me, why can’t I claim the promises of God rather than praying for greatness at the detriment of my kindred?.
If God is having a better plan and future for me, then, where God is taking me to in life is never be a function (can never be as a result) of where God is taking any of my kindred to.
God told Jeremiah, Jeremiah 1:5 “He has known him, set him apart and appointed him for a special purpose. And the same is for everyone who knows their God.

You can also read: [url]Why you should never pray in the name of the God of any MOG.[/url] https://www.kingdomfacts..com.ng/2018/05/why-you-should-never-pray-in-name-of.html

Conclusively, this article I write so that you may know that which you have known, and that when next you are in a position of praying at the detriment of your kindred or friends, it is best you claim the promises of God, pray that the glorious plan of God for your life be established. Make declarations: I am going places, I am rich in Christ, I am blessed, I am going higher etc. in Jesus name. Glory to God.

Remain Blessed.
Your humble submission is highly welcome.

source: https://www.kingdomfacts..com.ng/2018/05/in-my-fathers-house.html
Re: The Prayer Of "In My Father's House..." by Uzowee(m): 6:37am On May 13, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor And Imam Para As Uganda Govt. Put 18% Tax On Top Sales Of Bibles And Kora / THE SPIRIT MAN: The Story Of Christian Influence / Overtime Payment Has Not Been Paid To Many Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.