Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,717 members, 7,882,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:39 AM

Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 - Autos (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 (94104 Views)

Mr. Transmission-milex/ Rad Auto Works opening in other cities And We Want YOU. / Made In The USA Carquest SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil For Sale / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2018
WHAT IS THIS OBSESSION ON NAIRALAND WITH "REPLACE ENGINE" AND "REPLACE COMPRESSOR/CONDENSER"??

Most of the time, that is not necessary and is only recommended because they either can't or won't diagnose what actual component in the system is causing the problem so they just replace the whole system.

Rebuilds only take 2-3 days unless there is a parts delay

e.g. other recommendation on here ( sight unseen I might add) was 300k engine replacement. Actual solution only cost 113k and did NOT require an engine replacement SMH.

I've attached a picture of the supposed 300k engine replacement problem. Yes, you are seeing right. Someone used SOCKET TOOLS as a part in the engine cry

They also used a knockoff two layer gasket instead of three.

oh, and did I mention diagnosis was FREE with the repair?

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Decline the job....the margins on the parts are already small...the gains on labor wiped out...so you are not working for free, but working at a loss

Not a way to do business... Sustainable business

Which raises the question of defining and refining your target market

Everyone cannot be your client

Aggressively court those who can be

Let alone the rest

that was my take too. not all business is good business. There was no way they were going to get all that work done elsewhere for that price with warranty. they acknowleged as much but just felt they should have a discount. brakes, struts AND oxygen sensors?

One of the hurdles we expected to have was the haggling mentality here. It will cost us business in the beginning but when you are transparent and fairly and consistently priced, there is no room for haggling.

3 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2018
uwemjack:

That was me! wink
Nice set up and a lot of critical car parts and accessories, oils, grease etc. Met your hubby too and would hold him to that Jamaican lunch.

Will be there next week to pick up my items.
Oh and safe delivery

All the lifts and alignment rack are in now and it's looks different again from when past you saw it :9

We are also doing free Nationwide shipping for orders over 45k.

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2018
radautoworks:

Yes we will. We are also working out if they can build in online ordering for commercial accounts here. The biggest issue is the currency exchange.

Ready to open your commercial account if you want. Send me a couple of items for commercial pricing. Support@radautoworks.com
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
radautoworks:

For the first couple of months, orders can be called in but will have to be picked up physically. By January 2019 (hopefully sooner), we intend to expand our options.

Free Nationwide shipping for orders over 45k now.

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Kewtt: 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2018
radautoworks:

Free Nationwide shopping for orders over 45k now.
Do you have the O2 sensor for 2001 Mercedes Benz E 320?
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2018
Kewtt:

Do you have the O2 sensor for 2001 Mercedes Benz E 320?

Upstream or downstream? Both available 6-10 day delivery
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Kewtt: 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2018
radautoworks:

Upstream or downstream? Both available 6-10 day delivery
Are they not the same? But upstream Bank 1 sensor 1 price??
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
radautoworks:
So got asked for a 40k discount on a 180k job today that only had 13k of labor for no other reason than to earn their business. What would you do?

Thank them for considering you as part of their automotive maintenance regiment. But refuse the business.

Out of curiosity what did you do that an atmosphere of potential negotiation was assumed?

3 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
radautoworks:

Free Nationwide shopping for orders over 45k now.

This thing that you are doing, is it good? grin

I thank you for raising the bar in the industry.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
Kewtt:

Are they not the same? But upstream Bank 1 sensor 1 price??

Reflex. I always ask that with O2 sensors before I even check. For this, yes they are.

Two options:
BOSCH Universal Oxygen Sensor 2 required N40,515 6 month warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=OXY&partNumber=15733

Or

Red Line Universal Oxygen Sensor 2 Required N17,155 replacement at our discretion http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=OXR&partNumber=CX15733

By the way, is this for commercial or personal use because it makes a difference?
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
radautoworks:
WHAT IS THIS OBSESSION ON NAIRALAND WITH "REPLACE ENGINE" AND "REPLACE COMPRESSOR/CONDENSER"??

Most of the time, that is not necessary and is only recommended because they either can't or won't diagnose what actual component in the system is causing the problem so they just replace the whole system.

e.g. other recommendation on here ( sight unseen I might add) was 300k engine replacement. Actual solution only cost 113k and did NOT require an engine replacement SMH.

I've attached a picture of the supposed 300k engine replacement problem. Yes, you are seeing right. Someone used SOCKET TOOLS as a part in the engine cry

I've bought this up before and I've been shouted down.

There's no need to be replacing engines up and down.

4 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thank them for considering you as part of their automotive maintenance regiment. But refuse the business.

Out of curiosity what did you do that an atmosphere of potential negotiation was assumed?

I wasn't there and was put on the phone after the situation was already devolving. From what I gathered from staff and speaking to the customer, nothing. It was simply an entitlement expected from the customer and he admitted as much.

3 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Decline the job....the margins on the parts are already small...the gains on labor wiped out...so you are not working for free, but working at a loss

Not a way to do business... Sustainable business

Which raises the question of defining and refining your target market

Everyone cannot be your client

Aggressively court those who can be

Let alone the rest

I couldn't agree more.

This business model is similar somewhat to mine. I'm in between Brother Kasalai the mecho working under the bridge and a dealership in terms of pricing.

I will court those that consider dealership too pricey. I won't court the Kasali clients because I will always be too expensive.

4 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2018
EgunMogaji:

This thing that you are doing, is it good? grin

I thank you for raising the bar in the industry.

It's youthful exuberance worrying me sir.

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 2:22am On Jul 29, 2018
Danfuster:

Wow... This is interesting. How's the shipping out of Lagos thing, I'd like to place some order cos I reside out of Lagos.

We now have free shipping Nationwide over 45k
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 2:44am On Jul 29, 2018
SalesTobiMotors:
If this is true then this is a very interesting development.

One of our prime logistical issue have just been resolved, at least in the short term.

Will you be offering commercial accounts like we enjoy now at the Irwindale, California Store?

Ready to open your commercial account if you want. Send me a couple of items for commercial pricing. Support@radautoworks.com
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 3:38am On Jul 29, 2018
Throwback to Houston shop cheesy seems like eternity ago!

Different continents, same grind.

4 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Kewtt: 3:55am On Jul 29, 2018
radautoworks:

Reflex. I always ask that with O2 sensors before I even check. For this, yes they are.

Two options:
BOSCH Universal Oxygen Sensor 2 required N40,515 6 month warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=OXY&partNumber=15733

Or

Red Line Universal Oxygen Sensor 2 Required N17,155 replacement at our discretion http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=OXR&partNumber=CX15733

By the way, is this for commercial or personal use because it makes a difference?

What difference does it make?
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 4:30am On Jul 29, 2018
Kewtt:

What difference does it make?

Commercial accounts get cheaper pricing because they are for business use/resale. Basically repair shops get cheaper pricing to enable them do their jobs and make a little margin. Same as with any parts store I assume.

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Newbreed2018: 1:41am On Jul 30, 2018
radautoworks:

e.g. other recommendation on here ( sight unseen I might add) was 300k engine replacement. Actual solution only cost 113k and did NOT require an engine replacement Smh.

Replace Engine is familiar with one guy that types like this in the car talk section
Good job u r doing.

8 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 3:12am On Jul 30, 2018
Newbreed2018:
Replace Engine is familiar with one guy that types like this in the car talk section
Good job u r doing.

Thank you for the acknowledgement.

3 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by makavele: 6:06am On Jul 30, 2018
Newbreed2018:
Good job u r doing.

Shour out to Gazzuzz grin

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Kewtt: 7:51am On Jul 30, 2018
Newbreed2018:
Good job u r doing.
Hahaha Gazzuzz...talk am finish...

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:57am On Jul 30, 2018
Newbreed2018:
Good job u r doing.

wait oh, na my oga una dey scara like this?

chai chai and anoda chai......

cc diportivo..... report here with a meme immediately before we go "change" u
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by diportivo: 8:08am On Jul 30, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

I for talk bros

but the 31 year old introvert only has bite online,and has decided to use his freedom the only way he deems fit

let him enjoy it grin

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by banky3w(m): 8:11am On Jul 30, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

No mind them my guy, radautoworks has not seen kazeem abused engine in this we country. It is until you see a Nissan Micra piston fabricated into a Toyota tundra V8 engine before you know that "replace engine" needs to be said often. grin
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 9:07am On Jul 30, 2018
banky3w:

No mind them my guy, radautoworks has not seen kazeem abused engine in this we country. It is until you see a Nissan Micra piston fabricated into a Toyota tundra V8 engine before you know that "replace engine" needs to be said often. grin

grin. Okay that was genuinely funny.

You should go read first few pages of this thread. That Nissan Micra is EXACTLY why we opened here. I can't speak for anyone else but unf@cking vehicles is what we do and we do it the way most convenient for the customer and most of the time, it's by rebuilding. Nothing to get panties in a bunch about. Just keep an eye on us.

Better the devil you know for us when it comes to engines.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by jodeci(m): 9:10am On Jul 30, 2018
Any solution to blocked AC condenser? Though incompletely blocked.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 9:10am On Jul 30, 2018
makavele:

Shour out to Gazzuzz grin

Oh THAT'S what that was? Okay lol. Y'all have fun with that. We've got cars to fix wink

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 9:11am On Jul 30, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

I do like diportivo's memes. They always have me dead!
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 9:23am On Jul 30, 2018
jodeci:
Any solution to blocked AC condenser? Though incompletely blocked.

Yes. A flush if it's not completely blocked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (57) (Reply)

IMPORT DUTY CHECK here / President Donald Trump's ₦465million Beast Spotted Refueling In London(Pics) / NEED Spare Parts For Your CARs and SUVs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.