Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,640 members, 7,930,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 12:18 PM

Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. (12956 Views)

Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS / Fire Razes Governor Dickson’s House In Yenagoa / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Ourturn(m): 2:28pm On May 23, 2010
This is no rumour but confirmed. Fire from the neighbouring house razed Ibori's house in Victoria Island Lagos.
This incident took everybody by surprise, as Ibori himself has so many problems hanging on his neck.
From reliable sources inside, valuables worth millions of Naira, and Ibori's personal valuables have been lost to the fire.
It is being speculated that, the fire emanated from the generator house of their neighbour.
That is the situation, for now.

As information comes handy, you will be informed.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by agitator: 2:31pm On May 23, 2010
There is more to this than meets the eye.

In the 80's, that is 1982-84 after the military take over fire razed so many federal and state ministries and parastatals, including homes of ministers, commissioners, etc.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Ourturn(m): 2:39pm On May 23, 2010
agitator:

There is more to this than meets the eye.

In the 80's, that is 1982-84 after the military take over fire razed so many federal and state ministries and parastatals, including homes of ministers, commissioners, etc.

Are you saying, Ibori set fire on his property just conceal his secrets?
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Ourturn(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2010
I have seen the affected property. The fire did not actually burn the property, but a car in the compound. The fire actually emanated from the Club neighbouring his house.

The Topic is hereby changed to; FIRE BURNS IBORI'S PERSONALLY CAR IN VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS.
This I have confirmed.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by selingel: 3:23pm On May 23, 2010
I just feel for this man. His troubles are rising by day, and no solution in sight.

Maybe he should just come out publicly, and apologise to his people, and the Nigerian public in general, and seek forgiveness.

This troubles are just too many, else, he will die untimely. There is nothing wrong in doing this.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Newest: 4:11pm On May 23, 2010
Ibori, pele, may God help you
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 23, 2010
Source?
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Ourturn(m): 8:25pm On May 23, 2010
aisha2:

Source?

I have seen the affected car with my own eyes. The name and make cannot be ascertain because I sighted it from distance, and because of the extent of burnt, but it is one of these classic cars. It might even be a Bentley car, based on the shape.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Otobroto(f): 9:04pm On May 23, 2010
Ibori is not the greatest thief in Nigeria, so why is all these happening to this man? I am sympathising with him, but jettison corruption in its entirety.

Every man is responsible for his action, Shekinah!.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Oboma1(m): 10:17pm On May 23, 2010
What a calamity? This man will never leave the headlines, but I still belong to those who will say, what is happening to this man is more political than what meets the eye. He has answers to provide in many cases hanging on his neck, but is he the only one that have stolen from the covers? Why are others still walking free? Anyway, Ibori sorry for your car, at least with your cash, you will buy another, or even the club may provide another, if you insist.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Ourturn(m): 12:09am On May 24, 2010
One of the Pictures of Ibori's burnt car.

Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Ourturn(m): 12:11am On May 24, 2010
Front view of the car.

Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Ourturn(m): 12:14am On May 24, 2010
Another view of the car.

Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Ourturn(m): 12:20am On May 24, 2010
That is the latest situation there.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by selingel: 12:46am On May 24, 2010
Ibori sorry oh! Dont worry, the trouble days will be over.
Take heart.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by otokx(m): 12:41pm On May 24, 2010
That vehicle looks like a benz.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by monkeyleg: 1:33pm On May 24, 2010
Story need to be verifie, but still cant understand all the sympathy crap. Why dont you go and tell the people of Delta state that Ibori dealt with that you are sorry for all thier troubles.

I have not pity for him what so ever, let him face up to his purnishment if that is what this is. You guys should stop this unecessary pity party, I doubt the man involved cares about your sorrys.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Oboma1(m): 1:53pm On May 24, 2010
monkeyleg:

Story need to be verifie, but still cant understand all the sympathy crap. Why dont you go and tell the people of Delta state that Ibori dealt with that you are sorry for all thier troubles.

I have not pity for him what so ever, let him face up to his purnishment if that is what this is. You guys should stop this unecessary pity party, I doubt the man involved cares about your sorrys.

Indeed, but as a man with emotions, you will still show sympathy. It does not stop him owning up to his actions.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by onyengbu1(m): 2:39pm On May 24, 2010
the car in the picture is definitely a benz.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 24, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by monkeyleg: 2:58pm On May 24, 2010
@Oboma,

Please no vex. Sympathy for what? you guys speak as if the money he used to buy the car was honestly earned. We are citizens of Delta state should be carrying that yet again our money has gone up in smoke.

No Sympathy for someone who stole my money and then wants me to cry for him, because the car he bought with my money has been destroyed in a fire.

This is were we fail ourselves as a people
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by chidichris(m): 4:25pm On May 24, 2010
@Oboma,

Please no vex. Sympathy for what? you guys speak as if the money he used to buy the car was honestly earned. We are citizens of Delta state should be carrying that yet again our money has gone up in smoke.

No Sympathy for someone who stole my money and then wants me to cry for him, because the car he bought with my money has been destroyed in a fire.

This is were we fail ourselves as a people

@moneyleyleg,
if u are from delta as u claim, who was the gov before ibori and who is after him?before the criminal(ibori) came to office and since he (ibori) left office, what did and have the other govs done for u?
in the other states, who among the govs is a not a criminal.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by agitator: 5:18pm On May 24, 2010
Oboma1:

Indeed, but as a man with emotions, you will still show sympathy. It does not stop him owning up to his actions.

This is Nigeria for you, somebody steals money without considering what the masses the money was meant for are suffering as soon as he has problems you see those who benefited from part of the loot sympathizing with him/her bringing up useless logic to buttress their points.  And we are hoping for change, let us continue to hope and pray instead of finding a solution for our man-made problems.

Just a car burnt from a fleet of cars and enough cash in reserve to purchase the latest and everybody is here crying sympathy
whereas lives have been lost because no health-care and drinking of contaminated water, etc. i don't have time to mention all
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Oboma1(m): 5:34pm On May 24, 2010
agitator:

This is Nigeria for you, somebody steals money without considering what the masses the money was meant for are suffering as soon as he has problems you see those who benefited from part of the loot sympathizing with him/her bringing up useless logic to buttress their points.  And we are hoping for change, let us continue to hope and pray instead of finding a solution for our man-made problems.

Just a car burnt from a fleet of cars and enough cash in reserve to purchase the latest and everybody is here crying sympathy
whereas lives have been lost because no health-care and drinking of contaminated water, etc. i don't have time to mention all

My Dear, you do not know me, and who I am.
I have not seen this man before, talkless of benefitting from him.
If I have benefitted, my Dear, I will not be here.
Please mind the use of words here. I just felt it that is all.
Go and price that car, and you will know what went on flame!.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by monkeyleg: 7:43pm On May 24, 2010
@Chidichris,

You have started again. Jumping from Ibori post to Ibori post blindly defending a big Thief. I must say I admire your stammina to sustain licking Ibori's AssLicker for so long, you no dey tire?

I no go vex with you again, I think I have come to the full conclusion that people like u exist that are happy for the likes of Ibori to come to your house, take your wife, and you will even give him money to look after her for you. You see nothing wrong, fully paid-up AssLicker
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by texazzpete(m): 9:01pm On May 24, 2010
Oboma1:

And go and see how much the people of Delta state are suffering and you will know what may have been if Ibori had used all the money to develop his state.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by udezue(m): 9:11pm On May 24, 2010
U people are so ridiculous. whats up with the pity party for a certified criminal governor? If he is innocent I can understand ur sympathy but he is not and losing a car that we all know he bought with stolen money is nothing compared to all his offenses as a governor.
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Nigerd(m): 9:53pm On May 24, 2010
@ Poster oya change the topic ya self
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by selingel: 12:38am On May 25, 2010
Niger_d:

@ Poster oya change the topic ya self

I thought he has changed it? undecided
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by rasputinn(m): 8:23am On May 25, 2010
Very funny.How come no newspaper or TV covered the story undecided undecided

Anyway,I wont put it past the lowlife called Ibori to seek public sympathy by putting fire to his own house,he aint getting none from moi

Then again,maybe his goons(having learnt the ropes of crime from their master,James Onanethief ibori himself) may have decided to help themselves to some of the looted billions in the house and set fire to the house to cover the deed,at least now that their master is not around to send assasins after them
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by agitator: 9:52am On May 25, 2010
Oboma1:

I don't know you and never wish to know you with this level of reasoning, somebody has a fleet of cars with the ability to purchase more at will and just one car, say valued around N15m got burnt and you want people for feel sorry for him. Have you seen people drinking water fetched directly from the river? Do you think Nigerians don't show sympathy to other humans who are suffering? Ask around if you don't know and see how poor Nigerians sacrifice in times of need for the downtrodden?
Re: Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. by Nobody: 11:06am On May 25, 2010
Triumph of Good over evil. Ribadau is rising and Ibori is hunted from all Corners, Darkness can only be for a while, Light will always over come darkness. This is just the begining of his Problems. Ribadau is being restored 7 folds and Ibori is being punished double. God does answer prayers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fifteen Achievements Of General Buhari - To Doyin Okupe / Osinbajo Represents Buhari At Peace Summit In Addis Ababa / Fuel Scarcity: FG Prioritizes Products Distribution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.