Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,480 members, 7,917,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:54 AM

Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos (1274 Views)

Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Tension In Jos As Election Tribunal Set To Rule On Plateau Gov. Elec. Today / CNN Breaking News:Tension in South East over Biafra agitation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by 13volts(m): 3:07pm On May 23, 2010
After a relative 3 weeks of calm in jos. Tension was önce again high as 3 fulani were killed by Beroms in Riyom L.G.A. and their cattle stolen. After their bodies were taken to the H.Q of JNI Hausa youths took laws into their hands and started attacking people returning from church. No death has been recorded yet but the whole area along Taminus, Bauchi road, Dilimi and CongoRussia ve been deserted. Riyom ve been a center stage for violence in the past, the last time 10 Hausa passengers were killed along Tahoos. All these came as pple were happy the fulani's ve finally end their war against the Beroms. Wit these death the cycle of violence continues.
As for source checkout the next day paper.
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by selingel: 3:17pm On May 23, 2010
Are you sure, this tension has not gone beyond 13 volts? grin grin grin
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by 13volts(m): 3:27pm On May 23, 2010
selingel:

Are you sure, this tension has not gone beyond 13 volts? grin grin grin
Even .5 volts is capable of sending people to the hereafter when you take a city like jos into context. However, let me go round report updates.
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by selingel: 3:34pm On May 23, 2010
13volts:

Even .5 volts is capable of sending people to the hereafter when you take a city like jos into context. However, let me go round report updates.

Please be careful while gathering reports, so that you do not fall victim. Those beast are not fit to be called humans because of their merciless killings.
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by WilyWily5: 3:41pm On May 23, 2010
UP Berom People, go on Kill more Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani.
Good work.
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by selingel: 4:03pm On May 23, 2010
Wily+Wily:

Good work.

I forsee a retaliatory attack soon. Very soon.
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by Newest: 4:09pm On May 23, 2010
God save Jos, God save northern part of my country, God save Nigeria
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by 13volts(m): 4:50pm On May 23, 2010
selingel:

I forsee a retaliatory attack soon. Very soon.
you can bet your life on this. The fulani's were beged to end attacks on the beroms. Surely when they come back, they will come in a big way. Expect a Dogo nahawa type massacre. Is like the beroms ve not learnt any lesson.

The good news is that no body was killed or any property destory in todays incident
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by truly: 5:34pm On May 23, 2010
This is the story in ThisDay
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=173925

3 Fulani Herdsmen Killed in Jos Crisis

From Seriki Adinoyi in Jos, 05.23.2010

Three days after the curfew imposed on Jos city, since the beginning of the crisis, was lifted following the return of relative peace in the city, three Fulani herdsmen were yesterday murdered, roasted and buried in a shallow grave in Tusung Village near Kassa, in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State, by people suspected to be Berom youths.
Briefing newsmen at the Nigerian Air Force Hospital mortuary, Jos, where the bodies were deposited, the Director of Operations of the Military Special Task Force (STF), Colonel Kayode Ogundele, said though no arrest has been made, but his men who discovered the bodies are on the trail of the assailants. He assured that they would be tracked down.

Meanwhile, the state police command has commenced a process for the re-trial of suspects of the Jos crises in the state capital as required by the Constitution of the Federal Republic on Nigeria.
This was made known yesterday in a press statement signed by the Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Muhammed Lerama, on behalf of the state Police Commissioner, Ikechukwu Aduba.
Lerama said in the statement that, “The Plateau State Police Command wishes to state that the Force Criminal Investigation Department (FCID) and the Federal Directorate of Public Prosecution (FDPP) Abuja held a pre-trial meeting at the Police Headquarters Jos on May 20 with the officers and personnel of the state CID Jos as well as the private legal practitioners employed by the Federal Ministry of Justice to prosecute the offenders involved in the Jos crises.

“The reason for this meeting is for the stakeholders to harmonise all aspects of investigations conducted in the cases for a successful prosecution”
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by dani1luv: 5:41pm On May 23, 2010
Chineke grin
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by truly: 5:43pm On May 23, 2010
Wily+Wily:

Good work.

This comment is not useful!

Wily+Wily:

Yoruba people and their love for Juju.
Yoruba People= Juju People

Wily+Wily:

Islamic Religion is the Worst thing that ever happen to this World,

So which people should I make friends with?
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by EzeUche(m): 5:49pm On May 23, 2010
Who cares? As long as no Igbo life is lost, then let these people fight amongst themselves.

I hope that region and the north goes up in flames. Serves them right!  angry

But I swear if one Igbo head is touched, then the lives of every northerner in the East is forfeit. This is the way of the world. And the Igbos who continue to ply their trade up north, then they should be left to fend for themselves, because their greed make them go to another region that is hostile to us.
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by truly: 5:55pm On May 23, 2010
d
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by Newest: 6:38pm On May 23, 2010
EzeUche:

Who cares? As long as no Igbo life is lost, then let these people fight amongst themselves.

I hope that region and the north goes up in flames. Serves them right!  angry

But I swear if one Igbo head is touched, then the lives of every northerner in the East is forfeit. This is the way of the world. And the Igbos who continue to ply their trade up north, then they should be left to fend for themselves, because their greed make them go to another region that is hostile to us.
Chaiiiiiiii, see watin human being dey talk for mouth, na waoooo
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by SLIGHT(m): 10:38pm On May 23, 2010
Naaa not again
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by hatch: 11:10pm On May 23, 2010
I could have bet my life that we'll find jerks like wily+wily and ezeuche on a thread such as this one.Well from their remarks and posts we will know the bigots amongst us!
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by WilyWily5: 11:59pm On May 23, 2010
I like what Berom people are doing to Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani gworo dirty Mouth.
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by 13volts(m): 1:26pm On May 24, 2010
Wily+Wily:

I like what Berom people are doing to Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani gworo dirty Mouth.

what a waste of internet space
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by dustydee: 1:45pm On May 24, 2010
Wily+Wily:

people like you are not fit to be on this forum.Why did seun allow someone like you to be registered. I weep for nairaland cry
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by ud4u: 3:38pm On May 24, 2010
Jos and wahala, God deliver them
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by udezue(m): 3:46pm On May 24, 2010
Berom people aint playing huh but they must expect an attack by the Fulani so they better have militias by now patrolling their area to counter any attack. If they are napping like the last time by the Fulani jihardist then they are the fools.
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by maclatunji: 4:06pm On May 24, 2010
Some of the posts here fall foul of the law. Some people should be banned before they put the owner and moderators of this site in serious wahala. I no dey joke o.
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by udezue(m): 4:48pm On May 24, 2010
What laws are they violating?
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 24, 2010
My God save Jos.
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by tkb417(m): 5:21pm On May 24, 2010
he who wants to flee should take to his her or heels now b4 yawa gas
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by Nigerd(m): 8:55pm On May 24, 2010
God Help this country,
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by JaaizTech: 7:44am On May 25, 2010
tkb417:

he who wants to flee should take to his her or heels now b4 yawa gas

And when the Yawa gases you will see a rain of abuses on Muslims, Fulani / Hausa & Islam on this same forum. Only very few have condemned this attack; some are even encouraging it!. This was how the last attack by the Fulanis started. Thank God it was even reported because stories like this usually go unreported.

Note:The news didn't come across as Christian Beroms murdered Muslim Fulani; but if the case was the reverse what the headlines would have been is: Fulani Muslims go on Killing rampage or it would have been painted as another Religious crisis. I do not believe it is a Religious crisis; because even the Herdsmen are more traditionalists than even practicing Muslims; they seldomly pray; and use a lot of charms.
Re: Killing Of 3 Fulani Sparks Tension In Jos by beespak7(m): 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2010
"looks in to thread hisses slams the door and walks away"

(1) (Reply)

Charles Taylor: A Man Betrayed / Ecowas Suspends Civ, Recognises Ouattara / Foreign Airlines Operating In Nigeria Have Repatriated Over N200 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.