Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,818 members, 7,886,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 03:30 AM

Why Do We Have Royal Fathers As Chancellors Of Higher Institution? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do We Have Royal Fathers As Chancellors Of Higher Institution? (687 Views)

FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities / #10yearschallenge Of Vice Chancellors Of UNIUYO (photos) / Cutest Top Three Vice Chancellors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have Royal Fathers As Chancellors Of Higher Institution? by Stanweezy(m): 2:15pm On May 14, 2018
During my convocation at Anambra State Univerisity, I realised that King of Okpe Kingdom Dr. Alfred Mujakperuo happens to be our Chancellor. I was a bit confused but as time goes on, I now realised that it's the same in all tertiary institution across the country. So I was just wondering, what's the reason behind appointing traditional rulers as University chancellors?
Re: Why Do We Have Royal Fathers As Chancellors Of Higher Institution? by Stanweezy(m): 11:01am On Apr 14, 2019
This is a good thread that has remain fallow for more than a year now

Cc: Mynd44

Cc: OAM4J
Re: Why Do We Have Royal Fathers As Chancellors Of Higher Institution? by Elzak(m): 12:08pm On Apr 14, 2019
Stanweezy:
During my convocation at Anambra State Univerisity, I realised that King of Okpe Kingdom Dr. Alfred Mujakperuo happens to be our Chancellor. I was a bit confused but as time goes on, I now realised that it's the same in all tertiary institution across the country. So I was just wondering, what's the reason behind appointing traditional rulers as University chancellors?
I noticed this too and I wonder why it's so
Re: Why Do We Have Royal Fathers As Chancellors Of Higher Institution? by Stanweezy(m): 12:43pm On Apr 14, 2019
Elzak:
I noticed this too and I wonder why it's so

I wish someone knowledgeable enough about this can throw more light on it
Re: Why Do We Have Royal Fathers As Chancellors Of Higher Institution? by christejames(m): 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
Chancellorship is just a nominal role for a highly placed individual (it's just in name) without having the real power to exert on the school.
Like in government, there is the parliamentary system of govt where a monarch acts as the head of the state (with little influence) and a Prime Minister acts as the head of the government (with the absolute power).

(1) (Reply)

Is Medicine And Surgery A Good Course To Study In Nigeria / Admission: LASPOTECH HND Admission Form 2018/2019 [full-time / Part-time] / Agbami Medical And Engineering Professionals Scholarship Award 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.