Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,688 members, 7,945,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:27 AM

Egypt Goalkeeper Essam Al-hadary To Become The Oldest Footballer In World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt Goalkeeper Essam Al-hadary To Become The Oldest Footballer In World Cup (1316 Views)

Egypt Goalkeeper's Water Bottle Covered With Notes On Senegal's Penalty Takers / Egypt Goalkeeper, Gabaski, The Talk Of The Continent Despite AFCON Loss / Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt Goalkeeper Essam Al-hadary To Become The Oldest Footballer In World Cup by Theajala72: 11:08am On May 15, 2018
Essam al-Hadary, the captain and goalkeeper of Egypt national football team is set to become the oldest footballer to play in a World Cup match.

The 45-year-old player was named by Egypt coach Hector Cuper in a 29-man preliminary 2018 World Cup squad which was announced on Monday.

Al-Hadary is expected to reach the milestone by breaking the record set by Colombia goalkeeper Faryd Mondragon, who was 43 when he played at the last World Cup in Brazil.

Egypt, who are placed in Group A will face the host nation Russia as well as Saudi Arabia and Uruguay at the 2018 World Cup holding in Russia next month.

Meanwhile, Essam al-Hadary who started playing for the Egyptian national team in 1996, has made 156 appearances for his country so far.

SOURCE- https://nairatrend.com.ng/egypt-goalkeeper-essam-al-hadary-set-to-become-the-oldest-footballer-to-play-in-a-world-cup-match/

#Nairatrend

Re: Egypt Goalkeeper Essam Al-hadary To Become The Oldest Footballer In World Cup by ayourbamie: 11:11am On May 15, 2018
This guy should make way for the young ones now
Na only him waka come?

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Goalkeeper Essam Al-hadary To Become The Oldest Footballer In World Cup by emceedcent(m): 11:21am On May 15, 2018
ayourbamie:

Na only him waka come?

Wat about Buffon..... Him no old...
Re: Egypt Goalkeeper Essam Al-hadary To Become The Oldest Footballer In World Cup by Theajala72: 11:30am On May 15, 2018
ayourbamie:

Na only him waka come?

him children go come de score am grin
Re: Egypt Goalkeeper Essam Al-hadary To Become The Oldest Footballer In World Cup by Amadaz(m): 12:29pm On May 15, 2018
So this guy still dey play? I've known him for more than 15yrs now I'm sure non of his contemporaries is still playing competitive football.
Re: Egypt Goalkeeper Essam Al-hadary To Become The Oldest Footballer In World Cup by Theajala72: 12:38pm On May 15, 2018
Amadaz:
So this guy still dey play? I've known him for more than 15yrs now I'm sure non of his contemporaries is still playing competitive football.
Lolz
Re: Egypt Goalkeeper Essam Al-hadary To Become The Oldest Footballer In World Cup by Triniti(m): 6:29pm On May 15, 2018
This grandpa and his sit tight syndrome, no lele, small boys go use am shine for World Cup
Re: Egypt Goalkeeper Essam Al-hadary To Become The Oldest Footballer In World Cup by lexyman(m): 6:38pm On May 15, 2018
i hope he can do better ....
Re: Egypt Goalkeeper Essam Al-hadary To Become The Oldest Footballer In World Cup by Jostie(m): 10:45pm On May 15, 2018
I've known him since 2006

(1) (Reply)

Analytical Sport Anlysis / Nigeria 2-1 South Africa: "Ekong!!" - Nigerians React After Crucial Goal(Photos / Reports: Lionel Messi Angry With Barcelona Star For Not Joining PSG As Neymar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.