Stats: 3,175,667 members, 7,895,527 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 12:23 PM

Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card (53445 Views)

Koronu Ibadan Where People Don't Think (Video, Photos) / People Pay N50 To Cross Flooded Road, Including Soldiers (Video) / Do I Need National I.D Card Or Anything To Get My International Passport (2) (3) (4)

Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by lookingfly: 8:01pm On May 15, 2018
I applied for national ID card since 2015 and till date, I've not received it. I just know what is wrong with our nation Nigeria, nothing seems to work.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by purehustle101(m): 8:01pm On May 15, 2018
yahoo boys no laptop...
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by olatade(m): 8:02pm On May 15, 2018
boko haram will soon visit the check point for registration
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by Aplaudez(m): 8:04pm On May 15, 2018
I paid almost 1k to get mine over here in Osun state! this country is spilled already, let's just play along!
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by fm7070: 8:06pm On May 15, 2018
It happens at most border towns/villages.
Even in Lagos, from agbara to gbaji, they are there.
Towards idiroko border, they are at ajilete (those ones has become lions)
How can immigration officers within the country, who are supposed to check for inbound illegal migrant be asking Nigerians for passport within Nigeria.

This is one nonsense you can't find in Ghana and other west African countries. Once they speak their local language to their nationals and he/she responds well, that's all.

Until you have encounter with immigration, ndlea, customs, etc then you will realise that police are saints compared to them
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by lagdmark(m): 8:08pm On May 15, 2018
majorbravo:
I hope they dont collect 500 naira from illegal immigrants too and allow them into our country. Please the country is full.
LOCK UP OUR BORDERS AND BUILD A WALL!
Yes o, that is what daddy Trump doing in America.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by LZAA: 8:09pm On May 15, 2018
ayourbamie:
When you're calling on EFCC, ICPC and borno state govt, you think the ogas at the top are not aware of it? Its just like the agberos in Lagos collecting illegal monies upandan.
so u are saying buhariguy,bamoski and Roger3D are tinubu's boys and just wanna serve the caliphate? grin grin
cc shalomc immhotep onyeoga pointzerom iceberg3
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by fynex(m): 8:10pm On May 15, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
The attention of the appropriate authorities has been called to the alleged corrupt practices being carried out by officers at the Nigeria immigration Service checkpoint along Maiduguri - Damaturu road in Borno state. According to reports, the officers are collect various amounts from citizens that do not have a National ID Card without giving them receipt for the payment.

Many online users who have witnessed the issue - confirmed the report as they revealed that the ''fee'' collection has been going on for years now without doing anything about it.

A Facebook user, Sharafuddeen Adam shared the news online. Below is what he wrote;

This shows a Nigeria lmmigration Service checkpoint along Maiduguri - Damaturu road specifically around Jimtilo. The officers are collecting N500 from those that do not have a National ID Card without giving them receipt for the payment. The vulnerable are the poor who use commercial vehicles. Those in private vehicles are not considered by these officers.

RECOMMENDATIONS:
1. Government should make more centers for issuing National ID Card so that every one will have access to it without hardship.

2. EFCC, ICPC, The National Assembly and Borno State Government should take proper measures to stop this corrupt practice.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/immigration-checkpoint-where-people-pay-money-for-not-having-national-i-d-card.html

3) Government should issue out the cards on time-most of us have been/still waiting for over four(4)years to get it
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by Pierohandsome: 8:10pm On May 15, 2018
Olukokosir:

Y run faster Dan ur shadow. News jst cm out today nd u expect d senate to jump into sitting today nd conclude today.

Na pple lyk u no sabi Ao national assembly is bn run
did they start the extortion today, or u think they were never aware that something like this is happening? Is it not because the op brought it to Nairaland making it look as if it started today?
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by coliform: 8:11pm On May 15, 2018
I think it's time to pay attention to those guys... I could have been a victim of their extortion last year, only that I refused to give them what they demanded, Thanks to the soldiers we were traveling together who almost turn it to rough as I was the only one that was been held back in the bus. Funny enough, I had the National ID in my bag, I think I'd showed them my voter's card, but they insisted on the National ID.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by ebby9z(m): 8:12pm On May 15, 2018
Lmaooo. I experienced that somewhere in Adamawa too when I was going to Taraba. I was shocked. They line people up and collect N200 from them. My angst was even the possibility of a proliferation of other nationals into the country
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by bedspread: 8:13pm On May 15, 2018
Nigeria...O DI Egwu
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by skales67(m): 8:15pm On May 15, 2018
obembet:
So People from Lybia, Pakistan, Iran, and other terrorist countries can can enter Nigeria with just #700 and drop bomb... Yowaaaaaa

As long as the bombs are dropped in the north, no problem.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by jwals: 8:23pm On May 15, 2018
How will you be living your country without national ID, or international passport of course is not safe, if getting the free national ID IS TAKING NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT YEARS , my friend go and get the international passport it not more than #30000, are you even suppose to leave Nigeria without an ID? Of course NO
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by Viking007(m): 8:26pm On May 15, 2018
majorbravo:
I hope they dont collect 500 naira from illegal immigrants too and allow them into our country. Please the country is full.
LOCK UP OUR BORDERS AND BUILD A WALL!
Our borders are so porous! A mere N1000 bribe can grant anyone access. This country is in God's hands.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 15, 2018
The problem with most Nigerians is nonchalant attitude.

Even if there is an enrollment center at the front of their gates, some will still not enroll.

Enrollment centers for national ID are all over the country, it's in almost every local government in this shit hole country.

Am not in anyway supporting NIS, but those people shouldn't complain of enrollment centers for national ID card. The only problem is after enrolling, you won't get the permanent card til death comes knocking. I did mine Sept 2013, up till now no show.

Haven said that, what is the N500 for? That's extortion on the part of NIS.

Anyways, at least they have class, unlike police that can kill cos of a meagre N50
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by jrusky(m): 8:44pm On May 15, 2018
No need telling appropriate authority Nigeria has nothing called appropriate authority we are already running banana republic bro, all I will say is let boko haram visit them for just a second that their useless brains will transmit correct signal.

Mr immigration continue collecting money ok all I owes you is eeyah by the time your legs fling to South, your heads to the North and your remnant to the west.

Nonsense.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by ikorodureporta: 8:54pm On May 15, 2018
majorbravo:
I hope they dont collect 500 naira from illegal immigrants too and allow them into our country....

thats why dem dey collect money na. Most people around there cross into naija anyhow
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by ikorodureporta: 8:59pm On May 15, 2018
Most of dem are illegal immigrants. Naija ppl there wey no get national i.d card no still get voters' card?
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by Adewabdul: 9:07pm On May 15, 2018
Confirmed! The Check Point has been there since, some KM away to Maiduguri.
Though, the checkpoint is meant to checkmate the influx of illegal migrants. But the collection of money is what I berate.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by Ttipsy(f): 9:29pm On May 15, 2018
our Nothern borders are not safe. it's a save heaven for terrorists.... rubbish
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by DaudaAbu(m): 9:34pm On May 15, 2018
hisgrace090:
It may be boarder checkpoint, who knows.

border check point you say?

The report says between damaturu and maiduguri. That is in the hinter land. Neither Damaturu the yobe state capital nor maiduguri the borno state capital had border with other countries. Rather there are other town in the two state that share border with other countries

Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by authority2006(m): 9:37pm On May 15, 2018
elnath:
This is very true. It has been happening for over six years now. Before, they accepted permanent voter's card. But to widen their 'catchment area', they now limited it to National ID card. Tell me, how many Nigerians have the National ID card? When we say that corruption is endemic in Nigeria, some will start defending this government. But the level of impunity now is unprecedented. We have to rise up against this menace of men in uniform robbing the people. Over we, the civilians, can stand up to them and stop this nonsense.

Me just calling attention to those two contradictory statements but not your attention, other nairalanders' attention.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by authority2006(m): 9:42pm On May 15, 2018
skales67:

As long as the bombs are dropped in the north, no problem.

Hmmmm! IPOBians no get joy at all. Fellow Nigerians! But I'm not surprised because Nigeria Christian pilgrims to Jerusalem were malhandled and you guys said that they deserved it.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by mathinips(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2018
So it has come to that extent. It will be very good if they can be doing that for people without PVC.

Add this recommendation for the

"They should start collecting N1000 from people without PVC"
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by akaahs(m): 9:57pm On May 15, 2018
hisgrace090:
It may be boarder checkpoint, who knows.
Is not a boarder check point, its connect between Maiduguri nd damaturu in yobe state. D last few days I passed through that road was in 2015, nothing like collection of money without national ID , u may likely be delay if u don't have any ID with u.

Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by dahnimoh(m): 10:41pm On May 15, 2018
It's no news along badagry--seme border. They collect up to #2000 from both foreigners and Nigerians provided you don't have an international pass port. Even when you tell them that you are not crossing the border. They have about five check points along that route.Namely #1_Agbara.
#2_Churchgate
#3_Gbaji
#4_Suntan beach
#5_Achikpa.
If you are in doubt, go to Mile2__seme park and confirm what I tell you
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 15, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
The attention of the appropriate authorities has been called to the alleged corrupt practices being carried out by officers at the Nigeria immigration Service checkpoint along Maiduguri - Damaturu road in Borno state. According to reports, the officers are collect various amounts from citizens that do not have a National ID Card without giving them receipt for the payment.

Many online users who have witnessed the issue - confirmed the report as they revealed that the ''fee'' collection has been going on for years now without doing anything about it.

A Facebook user, Sharafuddeen Adam shared the news online. Below is what he wrote;

This shows a Nigeria lmmigration Service checkpoint along Maiduguri - Damaturu road specifically around Jimtilo. The officers are collecting N500 from those that do not have a National ID Card without giving them receipt for the payment. The vulnerable are the poor who use commercial vehicles. Those in private vehicles are not considered by these officers.

RECOMMENDATIONS:
1. Government should make more centers for issuing National ID Card so that every one will have access to it without hardship.

2. EFCC, ICPC, The National Assembly and Borno State Government should take proper measures to stop this corrupt practice.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/immigration-checkpoint-where-people-pay-money-for-not-having-national-i-d-card.html

I pray that Boko haram would brutally catch up with them later.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by 18wheeler: 10:59pm On May 15, 2018
It's been on for over five years, I'm sure of that. Been here that long so I know and I've seen it.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by Bengaza: 11:25pm On May 15, 2018
I encountered same thing when I was traveling from Jalingo to Bauchi. if u don't have National ID u will pay 200. I gave them my voters Card n school ID but they declined. I asked n was told it's directive from above. Luckily I had the national ID paper printout in my document folder. That was how I saved my #200 but others paid. I have to get an International passport o, before they will start asking for it in other to get money from travelers on our highways.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by olmoRoc: 7:24am On May 16, 2018
They probably learned that from their counterparts in Ivory Coast, and other West African countries, especially the Francophone countries.
Re: Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card by iyawojoe(f): 7:36am On May 16, 2018
This happens everywhere in the north where there is a border town,I have travelled from Kebbi to Kwara via public transport and I have seen it happen several times.

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Azman Air Makes Emergency Landing After Passenger Started A Fire In Toilet / Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67