Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:47 AM

"Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo (40016 Views)

Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? / Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by barojana: 9:11pm On May 16, 2018
lobell:

With this amount, Winners has no excuse for the poor way Nigeria is being run. That money could be used to change the country, one LGA at a time. Install God-fearing leaders and see the nation prosper.
You don't understand it. The money accumulated by LFC is returned to the various churches.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by barojana: 9:12pm On May 16, 2018
seunoj:
Yet no free school is offered. Even our Canadian bound friends rely on free catholic schools for their children. Nigerian churches na to acquire and boast about it. Yeye dey smell
And are you sure those Canadian schools aren't cofunded by CND govt.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by barojana: 9:16pm On May 16, 2018
shamecurls:

Remove the word "voluntary" Stop covering up what you know. You work for them? I see this lots every December for the past 5years. I hear there sermons and see how glued they are to the doctrine. Some even believe in giving there last penny based on the well packaged sermon of the pastor.

Am not a prophet, but I see people locked into a doctrine. Imagine someone travelling from Kano to Sango cos of church programme, will you say that person is psychological stable?

The conmen are brilliant and I must give it to them. Takes a lot of skill to brainwash multitudes that even when you tell them you jumped off a flying aircraft en route Abuja to come be with them, they will always believe you.

It's a programme majority can't get out off. I main someone called himself God and has multitudes as members. He is a good orator. Good at talking and programming mind's
So how does that affect your life. I think it is a severe mental problem to insist people must live according to your term. If religion makes some people happy then it is no freaking business of yours or family to interfere or disrespect. People travel to watch football, some club overnight and some travel to attend churches. They all made their choices according to their interest so just shut the hell up.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by barojana: 9:21pm On May 16, 2018
Netanyahu1:
Lol, friendlier countries indeed. You think your god oyedepo stand America audits he will sell all his plans asap and run back to Nigeria nonsense.
Lol see this one. I don't think you reckon how many living faith churches are currently existing in America.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by lloyds(m): 9:27pm On May 16, 2018
If RCCG receives trillions of N as tithe from Winners Chapel alone, how rich will it be.

No be small thing o.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Lotechi(m): 9:32pm On May 16, 2018
HigherEd:
And I can attest that in January of 2011 Winners Chapel paid 1.5 Billion naira in Tithe to RCCG for the month. Assuming the size of the January Tithe was not a surge due to Shiloh sacrifice. That puts Winners Tithe to RCCG at 1.5 billion x 12months = 18 billion. 18 billion x 10 = 180billion naira annual income. If this is a true reflection of the financial state of Winners Chapel. It means winners chapel is wealthier than Ekiti, Ebonyi and Yobe put together and even wealthier than all south western state except Lagos(only IGR).

It is not unusual though for this kind money to be in one church, the catholic church is wealthier than the top 3 corporations in the world combined with an annual expenditure of $174Billion.
the church gets so much money from tithe, offerings,different form of seed sowing but largely depend on church volunteers for any work in the church. What is the essence of paying such tithe if most of their workers live below minimum wage?? The parable of the good Samaritan comes to mind.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by ThanosEronz: 9:32pm On May 16, 2018
Its high time this churches start paying tax
Give to Ceaser what is ceasers
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Oluwaiphee: 9:35pm On May 16, 2018
HigherEd:

Well if they try that, the churches can easily centralise all their income in the US where Churches are exempted by law to pay tax. The foreign income from foreign stations would be diverted to USA and the Church reserves will also relocate to a more friendlier country. That I believe can hurt the Nigerian economy...(I tell you, if winners moves her reserves away from Nigeria at once, the bank holding the money will feel it)

They can lay hands on the offerings from Nigeria, but churches could make it harder for them by convincing members to pay online and route it to foreign accounts.

Now All that is assuming Govt can pass the legislation. But the rate at which Pentecostalism is growing and gaining representation in Govt. It would only become harder as the years goes by.

But then sef Winners pays taxes in other countries so no shaking. And Oyedepo has said the church is willing to pay taxes in Nigeria as long as the Muslims(Mosques) are included. Although he still makes a good point that canaanland provides its own water, electricity, road, schools, security etc so what is govt taxing them for exactly, especially since members already paid tax of the income they are tithing...

Personally I would forever stand against TAXATION of churches, the Anglicans, Ecwas, Baptist, Methodist are not as funded as the LFC, Christ embassy of this world. In the event of taxation it is the Orthodox they would catch, much of the Pentecostals can easily avoid because of their foreign stations.

What govt should focus on is to collaborate with the churches so as to maximally gain from them. Create Joint schools with the church, joint hospitals with the church, joint rehabs, joint orphanages etc and look for ways religious tourism could benefit businesses. If Nigeria is of religious value then exploit it rather than bickering. The likes of Isreal, Saudi are making billions of dollars from the religious value of their countries.Nigeria should focus on this rather than focus on attacking them because it won't work.
Kai!!! My brother, your head is there jare.
I thought i was the only one that would think of this. Nice One!!!

1 Like

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 16, 2018
"I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"

The more you and your Darkness Overseer Freezer belly ache against Zion, the more Zion prevails, prospers and break barriers.

You can't stop the Gospel of Jesus. Come to Jesus and be blessed. You are welcome to any of the Zonal centers.Our God answers prayers and changes people's stories.

It's my new dawn era!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by daveP(m): 10:07pm On May 16, 2018
This man has never been a fan of the clique of Getting people to see the light. All he talks about is cash cash cash.

God don't bless you to keep storing up cash. Go out there and win souls over in thousands per day. That's the true definition of a winner, and not just winning it materially and financially.

Gosh.

And he wants to be classed in the same class as Kenneth Hagin, Reinhard Bonnke, Billy Graham, etc.

What legacy are you building for the next generation man?

Use this cash to simply get more souls saved. simple.

arrrggghhhhh

it pains me sincerely. you won't understand.

Is Mammon now the active god?
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by ujezeez(m): 10:09pm On May 16, 2018
Na to tax these mega churches go sure pass for FG
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 16, 2018
OfficialRasheed:
I weep for all the Igbos enriching these Yoruba pastors.

You should rather weep for your life.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 16, 2018
barojana:

Lol see this one. I don't think you reckon how many living faith churches are currently existing in America.
Yes ! They exist and avid by the rules. If they 90% of their in to charity . they are only to keep 10% any day they are audited and found wanting USA internal revenue service will his ass on fire.

Its not a lawless country like Nigeria.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by topsyn03(m): 10:26pm On May 16, 2018
HigherEd:
And I can attest that in January of 2011 Winners Chapel paid 1.5 Billion naira in Tithe to RCCG for the month. Assuming the size of the January Tithe was not a surge due to Shiloh sacrifice. That puts Winners Tithe to RCCG at 1.5 billion x 12months = 18 billion. 18 billion x 10 = 180billion naira annual income. If this is a true reflection of the financial state of Winners Chapel. It means winners chapel is wealthier than Ekiti, Ebonyi and Yobe put together and even wealthier than all south western state except Lagos(only IGR).

It is not unusual though for this kind money to be in one church, the catholic church is wealthier than the top 3 corporations in the world combined with an annual expenditure of $174Billion.
If u pay tithe to ur pastors, stop cos they were jst using ur money to enrich themselves. The bible says in mathew 23v23 ''woe unto you for ye have paid tithe''.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Thugaa: 10:36pm On May 16, 2018
HigherEd:
'As a church, we started paying tithes when we were worth less than 1 million naira a year; we are now in the billions; very soon, we shall bé hitting the trillions'

Dr David Oyedepo

https://www.facebook.com/Churchgist.org/posts/1345218818955319
Scammers association
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Bamss1: 10:40pm On May 16, 2018
On hearing this daddy freeze will commit suicide no doubt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Biglittlelois(f): 10:54pm On May 16, 2018
HigherEd:

Well if they try that, the churches can easily centralise all their income in the US where Churches are exempted by law to pay tax. The foreign income from foreign stations would be diverted to USA and the Church reserves will also relocate to a more friendlier country. That I believe can hurt the Nigerian economy...(I tell you, if winners moves her reserves away from Nigeria at once, the bank holding the money will feel it)

They can lay hands on the offerings from Nigeria, but churches could make it harder for them by convincing members to pay online and route it to foreign accounts.

Now All that is assuming Govt can pass the legislation. But the rate at which Pentecostalism is growing and gaining representation in Govt. It would only become harder as the years goes by.

But then sef Winners pays taxes in other countries so no shaking. And Oyedepo has said the church is willing to pay taxes in Nigeria as long as the Muslims(Mosques) are included. Although he still makes a good point that canaanland provides its own water, electricity, road, schools, security etc so what is govt taxing them for exactly, especially since members already paid tax of the income they are tithing...

Personally I would forever stand against TAXATION of churches, the Anglicans, Ecwas, Baptist, Methodist are not as funded as the LFC, Christ embassy of this world. In the event of taxation it is the Orthodox they would catch, much of the Pentecostals can easily avoid because of their foreign stations.

What govt should focus on is to collaborate with the churches so as to maximally gain from them. Create Joint schools with the church, joint hospitals with the church, joint rehabs, joint orphanages etc and look for ways religious tourism could benefit businesses. If Nigeria is of religious value then exploit it rather than bickering. The likes of Isreal, Saudi are making billions of dollars from the religious value of their countries.Nigeria should focus on this rather than focus on attacking them because it won't work.

God bless you bro, I always look forward to your comment when it comes to religion, you are full of wisdom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by brojoshua: 10:58pm On May 16, 2018
Tithe pastors or pastorTithe, that is all the false prophets who are slaves in the 'house' came to have/ money, after mi, then to you and your brothers are reserved the blackness of darkness forever and ever.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by ooshinibos: 11:02pm On May 16, 2018
MrOwonikoko:
Op and pastor Oye... This is for u!
relax bro , we own the world by his grace , the church will be getting richer and richer
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by TolaniLuv: 11:36pm On May 16, 2018
Dear lord ! I want to be part of this people who will be paying billion for tithes In JESUS Name . Amen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Observer225: 11:48pm On May 16, 2018
And soon enough winners will start paying tax in trillions
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by pressplay411(m): 11:50pm On May 16, 2018
HigherEd:

Now believe me Neither Oyedepo nor Adeboye can use all the gifts people shower on them annually. It is not even possible. Much of those gifts are also given out. But there is no need to put the camera on it. Sometime ago Winners shipped loads of relief materials to Sierraleone after the landslides. They could put the camera on it and gain popularity but they did it under the radar. When next the pope wants to give out a lambo he should please not let us know. wink

I know baba, infact Catholics have major investments in Gold and all that. But I sense a competitive spirit in you. No need for all that

I only laid how some churches could avoid(not evade) the tax. And I am not necessarily advocating for Tax avoidance. Plus Oyedepo has said Winners is willing to pay taxes soooo. Though i suspect CAN would have none of it... People like me in govt would also have none of it... When govt calls for tax we would also go and look for money in the belly of the Fish because that is the kind of tax Jesus paid(Belly of Fish Tax) not church income tax grin

This is another strategic deception by the adversary (Satan).
We spend too much of our time competing in opulence and vain prosperity and finding faults with the church when our focus should be on the things that matter most. The things that edify and glorify the spirit, Charity, Love, Righteousness.

If only we can all see, the solution is all around us. Peace and Grace be with us all.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by bezimo(m): 1:42am On May 17, 2018
Amen..me too..will soon hit billions in tithe.
The haters can jump into the lagoon.

God Bless Bishop David Oyedepo
God Bless Winners Chapel
God Bless Nigeria

My new dawn indeed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Exciton(m): 2:43am On May 17, 2018
Assuming we weren't retârds and we could self-organize into a proper society with a well structured and accountable govt, most of the money in African churches should be in govt's coffers in the form of taxes paid by the people --- for amenities accessible to all citizens, as in other developed societies.

But since we have a broken society and critical thought is absent, we'd rather pay tithes than higher taxes in exchange for "miracles" -- funding Yahoo Yahoo men. It's easy to see why African churches are among the richest globally, despite the ravaging poverty and low wealth of African countries.

Also, it's quite fücking annoying that intellectually dishonest educated Nigerians give examples of the few schools, roads etc built by churches as argument for their wealth. This is meant to be one of the primary duties of your govt, not some fücking church! In reality, almost all Nigerian churches are very shady profit making rent-seekers disguising as non-profit NGOs. They're of little to zero value to any society.

We are so fücking stupid, it's painful to read Nigerian news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Ken4Christ: 3:47am On May 17, 2018
HigherEd:

The success of people is revealed in their story. The best thing io gain in this article is that there are accruable blessings in tithing. This story reveals why Bishop Oyedepo and his ministry are very wealthy. He is a tither. All other argument are unnecessary. Pay your tithe consistently and see yourself at the top.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by chudi55: 3:48am On May 17, 2018
And RCCG pay to who..?
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by DonMekino(m): 6:39am On May 17, 2018
We should rather revel in the trillions and billions of soul converted and won....that is the essence of Christianity..... The way me see am ooi

1 Like

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Pataricatering(f): 9:18am On May 17, 2018
HigherEd:

why would they exclude mosques if they decide to tax religious institutions? You people and your persecution complex !
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Dozi05(m): 9:29am On May 17, 2018
Abeg who is the tithe paid to
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:51am On May 17, 2018
quirus:

Who tells you that IBO people visit Pentecostal Churches? They only troop to Catholic Church on Sunday where the practice is 'sadura nsami' i.e. short prayer, short response method. Shikena.

Is that what you think? This days catholic masses are longer than Pentecostal services.BTW the length of a church service does not really have an impact on the spiritual efficacy
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:53am On May 17, 2018
The practise of church paying tithes to another church has no scriptural basis.A church cab decide to support another church but it shouldn't be called tithe

1 Like

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Ubenedictus(m): 11:06am On May 17, 2018
Malakh:
That's simply because she makes dirty money, money from Italian Mafia'a, Jesuits, she makes money from confessions from the mafia when they make a hit and the Pope requires a ransom from them for the forgiveness of their sins, tithes are also included, she makes dirty and blood money, I'm talking about the Catholic Church and her daughter Xtianty.
Revelation 17:4 KJVS
And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
John the Revelator already prophesied that this Harlot of a Christian and a Catholic would be very rich, it doesn't surprise or amaze us the Elect of Yah, the True Church
sorry you have been misinformed.

the Catholic church doesn't collect money for the forgiveness of sins, not from the Mafia or any other group, forgiveness of sin is by repentance, confession, satisfaction. and according to the Pope, the Italian Mafia is under excommunication.

the Jesuit are a group of evangelists with ministry in teaching, advancing science and the humanities, charities.... they aren't making dirty money.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Amount A Ghanaian Church And Pastor Charges For Miracles (Photos) / If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Shoprite's Looting In Nigeria Over Xenophobia In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.