Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,441 members, 7,961,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 11:12 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1901303 Views)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections -- Trump's Presidency! - NOV. 5!! / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3698) (3699) (3700) (3701) (3702) (3703) (3704) ... (4452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 11:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
Ibime:

You went from Nairalands foremost gay rights campaigner to blaming a gay in UK for SVB USA collapse. Confused kid

SVB UK arm was bought for £1 unlike SVB USA which had no buyers. That means SVB UK had enough assets to cover it's liabilities. It was SVB USA that gave them low liquidity coverage by over extending themselves into long-term bonds. End of story.

I note a WhatsApp conversation with a friend whose company banked with SVB. You have really gone down the rabbit hole, posting nonsense from your hate sites

No... Not end of the story, This admin messing up the economy with inflation on steroids destroys SVB with interest rates.
Everything he said about the Woman is true. hate site how?

SVB operated without a chief risk officer for nine months before its collapse, which happened shortly after the head of risk management spent considerable time spearheading multiple LGBTQ+ programs. Jay Ersapah, the head of financial risk management for SVB's UK division, introduced initiatives including a Pride campaign and a new blog that emphasizes mental health awareness for LGBTQ+ youngsters. Ersapah also served as the co-chair of the European LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Group and earned a spot on SVB's "outstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists 2022." The bank disclosed a $1.8 billion financial loss, making it the biggest bank to fail since the 2008 financial crisis. Bernie Marcus, the co-founder of Home Depot, implied that the bank's failure might have been caused by "woke" rules like those introduced by Ersapah. The effects of SVB's failure are predicted to have an impact on the future of regional and mid-sized banks nationwide.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 11:57pm On Mar 13, 2023
benalvino3:

No... Not end of the story, This admin messing up the economy with inflation on steroids destroys SVB with interest rates.
Everything he said about the Woman is true. hate site how?

SVB operated without a chief risk officer for nine months before its collapse, which happened shortly after the head of risk management spent considerable time spearheading multiple LGBTQ+ programs. Jay Ersapah, the head of financial risk management for SVB's UK division, introduced initiatives including a Pride campaign and a new blog that emphasizes mental health awareness for LGBTQ+ youngsters. Ersapah also served as the co-chair of the European LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Group and earned a spot on SVB's "outstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists 2022." The bank disclosed a $1.8 billion financial loss, making it the biggest bank to fail since the 2008 financial crisis. Bernie Marcus, the co-founder of Home Depot, implied that the bank's failure might have been caused by "woke" rules like those introduced by Ersapah. The effects of SVB's failure are predicted to have an impact on the future of regional and mid-sized banks nationwide.

Shut up. She's the head of risk in UK subsidiary. Go and ask the Americans why they didn't have a Head of risk. Who told you she is responsible for appointing one and not the US CEO?

Only you clowns will see financial and technical matters and start talking about nonsense that doesn't correspond. Who looks at a banking crisis and starts talking about "woke", instead of liquidity coverage ratio, quick ratio, current assets and current liabilities? Foolish set of human beings.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CoolUsername: 11:58pm On Mar 13, 2023
Ibime:

You went from Nairalands foremost gay rights campaigner to blaming a gay in UK for SVB USA collapse. Confused kid

SVB UK arm was bought for £1 unlike SVB USA which had no buyers. That means SVB UK had enough assets to cover it's liabilities. It was SVB USA that gave them low liquidity coverage by over extending themselves into long-term bonds. End of story.

I note a WhatsApp conversation with a friend whose company banked with SVB. You have really gone down the rabbit hole, posting nonsense from your hate sites

You guys are trying to twist it into me being homophobic or racist against Indians so you can visit your righteous indignation upon me. I think you guys are just salty that people you don't like are having a laugh over the matter. The fact that you continue to do this even when you know my stance on the matter further proves my point.

I will continue to make fun of the misplaced priorities of a woke bank that went up in flames.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 12:00am On Mar 14, 2023
CoolUsername:

You guys are trying to twist it into me being homophobic or racist against Indians so you can visit your righteous indignation upon me. I think you guys are just salty that people you don't like are having a laugh over the matter. The fact that you continue to do this even when you know my stance on the matter further proves my point.

I will continue to make fun of the misplaced priorities of a woke bank that went up in flames.

You better go back to campaigning with flameignon, instead of posting obviously homophobic content
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 12:05am On Mar 14, 2023
Ibime:

Shut up. She's the head of risk in UK subsidiary. Go and ask the Americans why they didn't have a Head of risk. Who told you she is responsible for appointing one and not the US CEO?

Only you clowns will see financial and technical matters and start talking about nonsense that doesn't correspond. Who looks at a banking crisis and starts talking about "woke", instead of liquidity coverage, quick ratio, current assets and current liabilities? Foolish set of human beings.

Dude, her woke Bullshit was going overseas to the US. we are talking about the company as a whole. I am sure she has an insight into what is going on in the US.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 12:07am On Mar 14, 2023
Ibime:

You better go back to campaigning with flameignon, instead of posting obviously homophobic content

Do us a favour and show us the homophobic content he posted concerning this issue.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CoolUsername: 12:21am On Mar 14, 2023
Ibime:

Who is flameignon?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:08am On Mar 14, 2023
benalvino3:

Bernie Marcus, the co-founder of Home Depot, implied that the bank's failure might have been caused by "woke" rules ......

And that "implied" is what you now run with because woke triggers your non-brain use?

I swear to all the living and the dead gods, just reading you kills my brain cells.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 2:13am On Mar 14, 2023
SVB operated without a chief risk officer for nine months before its collapse, which happened shortly after the head of risk management spent considerable time spearheading multiple LGBTQ+ programs. Jay Ersapah, the head of financial risk management for SVB's UK division, introduced initiatives including a Pride campaign and a new blog that emphasizes mental health awareness for LGBTQ+ youngsters.

Look at these sentences and it will tell you how much of idiot the person who wrote it thinks you (basilico, coolusername, ben) are. Lol. They are using two disparate events and tying together in the first sentence and then mentioning Jay in the second to somehow lead you to believe she was the risk officer who was out for nine months because she was doing LGBTQ stuff. Lol. Holy propaganda.

The facts: A risk officer left mid 2022, they hired a new one in Jan 2023. Neither of them were Jay Esapah as she is based in the UK working for another division.

The sad thing is not that they tried this, the sad thing is that you fell for it, kept reposting it and will probably go back to the place you got it from tomorrow to be used again like the dimwits you are.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:25am On Mar 14, 2023
IjeBos:

Look at these sentences ....

And you think they will see even if they can look which they can't?

Ije, "Bernie Marcus, the co-founder of Home Depot, implied", and that's all the dimwits will see for the next 10 pages!

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 2:44am On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:

And you think they will see even if they can look which they can't?

Ije, "Bernie Marcus, the co-founder of Home Depot, implied", and that's all the dimwits will see for the next 10 pages!

Yeah, I can't even understand how anyone reads any of it and their Bullsh*t sensors aren't flashing red.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:08am On Mar 14, 2023
IjeBos:

Yeah, I can't even understand how anyone reads any of it and their Bullsh*t sensors aren't flashing red.

I watch newsmax and Infowars and One America News Network to see how they are made to be the way they are, and what bothers me is dumbfuqs like these would elect Nigerian leaders.

I swear, we will suffer plenty before Nigeria improves if we ever do in my lifetime, which I very much doubt watching these dumbfuqs.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 7:12am On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:

And that "implied" is what you now run with because woke triggers your non-brain use?

I swear to all the living and the dead gods, just reading you kills my brain cells.

No, That is not what I am running with, but people tend to insinuate the cause of things when something has happened. What kind of company feels promoting woke agenda is more important than making sure their future will be firm? woke don't trigger me, it triggers you. you go woke you go broke. this formula almost always work. they left their priorities and chase nonsense agenda whereas people's investment are in their care. So when they are careless they should not be called?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 7:24am On Mar 14, 2023
IjeBos:

Look at these sentences and it will tell you how much of idiot the person who wrote it thinks you (basilico, coolusername, ben) are. Lol. They are using two disparate events and tying together in the first sentence and then mentioning Jay in the second to somehow lead you to believe she was the risk officer who was out for nine months because she was doing LGBTQ stuff. Lol. Holy propaganda.

The facts: A risk officer left mid 2022, they hired a new one in Jan 2023. Neither of them were Jay Esapah as she is based in the UK working for another division.

The sad thing is not that they tried this, the sad thing is that you fell for it, kept reposting it and will probably go back to the place you got it from tomorrow to be used again like the dimwits you are.

Oga, a company does not fall just by the snap of a finger, you are so invested in race you don't get what coolusername was saying, instead, you complain about racism.

The fact that head of financial risk management at SVB UK spent months leading up to the shocking bank collapse launching and leading LGBTQ campaigns for the company.

you go woke you go broke. Hopefully, she will organize some queer events for you just for the sake of inclusivity and it will be golden to watch how they dress you.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:55am On Mar 14, 2023
benalvino3:

Oga, a company does not fall just by the snap of a finger, you are so invested in race you don't get what coolusername was saying, instead, you complain about racism.

The fact that head of financial risk management at SVB UK spent months leading up to the shocking bank collapse launching and leading LGBTQ campaigns for the company.

you go woke you go broke. Hopefully, she will organize some queer events for you just for the sake of inclusivity and it will be golden to watch how they dress you.

A company prides itself on DEI.
The hires are not necessarily the best they get because of being diverse , inclusive and equitable - making sure hiring reflects race, gender orientation and all that woke stuff.
They are not hiring the best.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 10:05am On Mar 14, 2023
basilico:

A company prides itself on DEI.
The hires are not necessarily the best they get because of being diverse , inclusive and equitable - making sure hiring reflects race, gender orientation and all that woke stuff.
They are not hiring the best.

imagine that. Just like Biden, they don't employ the best, they just employ someone that will be making noise about how they are the first Queer. bla bla bla.

she spend more time promoting and setting up pride event than looking into anything concerning risk for them as well as investors.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:14am On Mar 14, 2023
benalvino3:

imagine that. Just like Biden, they don't employ the best, they just employ someone that will be making noise about how they are the first Queer. bla bla bla.

she spend more time promoting and setting up pride event than looking into anything concerning risk for them as well as investors.

Once you hire It becomes hard to fire else they sue you.

See this also

https://justthenews.com/accountability/svb-knew-150-million-investment-losses-and-still-doubled-down-woke-agenda-despite

The stark contrast between the liberal investment icon and what was in reality an underperforming bank, was on full display last July. SVB was boasting about its diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) progress and a Pride Month forum, as J.P. Morgan official Steve Alexopoulos pressed for answers on an investor call about why its investments had lost 8% of value in a single quarter, according to the transcript of the meeting.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 10:34am On Mar 14, 2023
basilico:

Once you hire It becomes hard to fire else they sue you.

See this also

https://justthenews.com/accountability/svb-knew-150-million-investment-losses-and-still-doubled-down-woke-agenda-despite

The stark contrast between the liberal investment icon and what was in reality an underperforming bank, was on full display last July. SVB was boasting about its diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) progress and a Pride Month forum, as J.P. Morgan official Steve Alexopoulos pressed for answers on an investor call about why its investments had lost 8% of value in a single quarter, according to the transcript of the meeting.

by the time the bank collapsed on Friday, SVB's board included '1 black,' '1 LGBTQ+' member and '2 veterans.'

Among those members were Phil Cox, who sits on the governing board for NextGen Cyber Talent, a nonprofit that 'provides a platform to increase diversity and inclusion in [the] cybersecurity sector,' according to his online profile.

And Kate Mitchell, who cofounded the National Venture Capitalist Association initiative, Venture Forward which 'focuses on advancing opportunities for women and underrepresented minorities in [the] venture ecosystem.'

Mitchell was awarded in 2021 with the National Venture Capitalist Association American Spirit Award, for her 'service to community centered around equity and diversity.'

Meanwhile, the chief risk officer for the bank in Europe, Africa and the Middle East, organized a host of LGBTQ initiatives, including a month-long Pride campaign and implemented 'safe space' catch-ups for staff.

In a corporate video published just nine months ago, Jay Ersapah said she 'could not be prouder' to work for SVB serving 'underrepresented entrepreneurs.'

Professional network Outstanding listed Ersapah as a top 100 LGTBQ Future Leader.

'Jay is a leading figure for the bank’s awareness activities including being a panelist at the SVB’s Global Pride townhall to share her experiences as a lesbian of color, moderating SVB’s EMEA Pride townhall and was instrumental in initiating the organization's first ever global "safe space catch-up", supporting employees in sharing their experiences of coming out,' her bio on the Outstanding website states.

It adds that she is 'allies' with gay rights charity Stonewall and had authored numerous articles to promote LGBTQ awareness.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:51am On Mar 14, 2023
CoolUsername:

This has to be joke, right?

What's the joke? That you should give the leader of the most powerful Nation on Earth some respect? He's a good, non vulgar and non-confrontational man. Why would you disrespect someone like that?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:52am On Mar 14, 2023
basilico:

Nothing excites you than posting a conservative involved in child abuse. You get so excited.
Truth of the matter, liberals who are anti religion are more likely to be paedos and satanists

Talk is cheap
Proof is life

I choose the latter while you keep wallowing in the first.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 11:29am On Mar 14, 2023
benalvino3:

by the time the bank collapsed on Friday, SVB's board included '1 black,' '1 LGBTQ+' member and '2 veterans.'

Among those members were Phil Cox, who sits on the governing board for NextGen Cyber Talent, a nonprofit that 'provides a platform to increase diversity and inclusion in [the] cybersecurity sector,' according to his online profile.

And Kate Mitchell, who cofounded the National Venture Capitalist Association initiative, Venture Forward which 'focuses on advancing opportunities for women and underrepresented minorities in [the] venture ecosystem.'

Mitchell was awarded in 2021 with the National Venture Capitalist Association American Spirit Award, for her 'service to community centered around equity and diversity.'

Meanwhile, the chief risk officer for the bank in Europe, Africa and the Middle East, organized a host of LGBTQ initiatives, including a month-long Pride campaign and implemented 'safe space' catch-ups for staff.

In a corporate video published just nine months ago, Jay Ersapah said she 'could not be prouder' to work for SVB serving 'underrepresented entrepreneurs.'

Professional network Outstanding listed Ersapah as a top 100 LGTBQ Future Leader.

'Jay is a leading figure for the bank’s awareness activities including being a panelist at the SVB’s Global Pride townhall to share her experiences as a lesbian of color, moderating SVB’s EMEA Pride townhall and was instrumental in initiating the organization's first ever global "safe space catch-up", supporting employees in sharing their experiences of coming out,' her bio on the Outstanding website states.

It adds that she is 'allies' with gay rights charity Stonewall and had authored numerous articles to promote LGBTQ awareness.

Wow What a woke company. Hiring based on social constructs . People probably with the wrong priorities.
Go woke go broke. When will that lesson ever sink in?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CoolUsername: 11:37am On Mar 14, 2023
Obrigardo:

What's the joke? That you should give the leader of the most powerful Nation on Earth some respect? He's a good, non vulgar and non-confrontational man. Why would you disrespect someone like that?

💀
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 11:41am On Mar 14, 2023
Obrigardo:

Talk is cheap
Proof is life

I choose the latter while you keep wallowing in the first.

Is it not true that you celebrate any conservative especially the clergy being caught in child abuse cases.
I think you once wrote that more Republicans than democrats are paedos.

The left controls most of the media. I bet most of what you read is ESG xompliant
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:30pm On Mar 14, 2023
benalvino3:

No, That is not what I am running with, but people tend to insinuate the cause of things when something has happened.

Indeed, stupid ignorant senseless people do "tend to insinuate the cause of things" instead of doing the hard work required to discover the cause of things.

That's why sensible people don't tend to listen to such idiots nor take serious whatever they "insinuate".
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 1:48pm On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:

Indeed, stupid ignorant senseless people do "tend to insinuate the cause of things" instead of doing the hard work required to discover the cause of things.

That's why sensible people don't tend to listen to such idiots nor take serious whatever they "insinuate".

well, you will be ignorant if you don't think promoting senseless woke agenda instead of making sure your company is ran adequately is a factor why they collapse. this is a no brainer.

they have all the wrong priorities set and it became a domino effect.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
benalvino3:

well, you will be ignorant if you don't think promoting senseless woke agenda instead of making sure your company is ran adequately is a factor why they collapse. this is a no brainer.

I think it is stupid to think woke agenda was promoted "instead of making sure your company is ran adequately". But then I do my research while you run with what "Bernie Marcus, the co-founder of Home Depot, implied".

Smarter people than you are would at least start by typing "why svb collapsed" in a search engine before jumping to your "implied" conclusion.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2023
First Republic experienced an intense run on the bank by the same folks it so energetically catered to: the wealthy. They were yanking their cash out of their bank accounts at First Republic by the millions of dollars at a time – same thing that accelerated the fall of Silicon Valley Bank when cash-rich companies, often pushed by their venture-capital investors, yanked their millions...
https://wolfstreet.com/2023/03/13/free-money-toxic-money-first-republic-bank-and-western-alliance-bank-make-it-into-my-pantheon-of-imploded-stocks/

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2023
benalvino3:

Ben, what is sad is you can't see that the only priority these banks had was to scam the poor of their money while the rich pocket the riches.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 2:29pm On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:

I think it is stupid to think woke agenda was promoted "instead of making sure your company is ran adequately". But then I do my research while you run with what "Bernie Marcus, the co-founder of Home Depot, implied".

Smarter people than you are would at least start by typing "why svb collapsed" in a search engine before jumping to your "implied" conclusion.

budaatum:

Ben, what is sad is you can't see that the only priority these banks had was to scam the poor of their money while the rich pocket the riches.

This bank helped the poor, as well as helping themselves. There was a reason startup companies go to them.

People can imply what they see. We know their priorities was not to make sure the company run without issues. The same time they are pushing too much woke nonsense, they could have hired a CRO? No? Not their priority right?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 2:35pm On Mar 14, 2023
The lack of moderation in this thread has left it looking like a 4chan channel.
We now have Nigerian posters arguing that the push for diversity in companies is a bad thing because it means they are hiring underqualified people. Which is a roundabout way of arguing that minorities aren't as smart or capable as white men.

I have a good friend (keeping them nebulous) who is a Big Boi at one of the top Global Banks. They've used their position to argue for Diversity Hiring. Now how does that affect Nigerians? One of their pushes was to even diversify their Global hiring and to get more hires from West African countries. One of those countries was Nigeria. So they have been in Nigeria recruiting talent to invest in and join their company/team. Now, this person was telling me about the intense selection process and was raving about some of these candidates, how impressive they were even compared to some on their current team. So, by this argument some on this board are making, these Nigerians/West African hires wouldn't be qualified/capable or even be the best, because they were Diversity Hirings.

It's a stupid argument born of Racists and now projected by Nigerians who hate themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2023

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
budaatum:

Neither matters. The truth is the company probably wanted to align with the values of the people who lent them money to get more of their money so focused more on diversity. It was probably just a cost of doing business in the very specific San Fran VC culture. So, they hired a head of diversity who was so close to real power she was in another country (being sarcastic). A write off like the cost of company vacations or Taco Tuesdays. Put a token DEI coordinator in place, base them in another country and get the feels that you are doing something. All the while the SVB executive team is majority white. (pic below).

This is a red herring the right does so well to distract and obfuscate from some of these root causes; Deregulation and the FED leaving interest rates low for so long. And who championed both.. yup Trump and Republicans. The 2008 bank collapse was worse.. how many of those companies were "woke"? This is why America is fundamentally going to struggle. Half the country is too stupid to know better and their leaders play on their stupidity. Look at this thread. Stupid abounds.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3698) (3699) (3700) (3701) (3702) (3703) (3704) ... (4452) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: ObaIgwe1 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.