Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,155 members, 7,981,072 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 11:00 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1945449 Views)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections -- Trump's Presidency! - NOV. 5!! / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3797) (3798) (3799) (3800) (3801) (3802) (3803) ... (4534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 3:35pm On May 18, 2023
SlyFoxx447:

Don’t post any pic with your correct location for your own security. Possibly wait till you leave the country the drop an epic photo dump to silence these fools once and for all 😂😂😂

“You will never enter America” …I don’t know why whenever they post that shit I always read it in a primary school child’s voice 😂😂😅

Their life is one big lie that's the only way they can look down on people.

Which is why anytime he drinks coke he takes pictures.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 4:33pm On May 18, 2023
SlyFoxx447:

It’s signs of megalomania bro. Read it up. When a person is so convinced in their warped and distorted mind that they are bigger than everyone else that they reject glaring evidence to the contrary when they see it with their own eyes. It’s actually a kind of mental disease. People like that can lie to themselves and actually believe their own lies.

Do tell Femi. The hilarity of this statement. shocked shocked
Holy lack of self awareness.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Weregonnalose: 4:44pm On May 18, 2023
IjeBos:

Kikikikiki ah gay junkie ye isa tuk when Isa ah get owned left to tha right ye.

Some ah say ya daddy isa ah stuck ina tha lagoos ye
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 4:46pm On May 18, 2023
This is a good piece. I wasn't aware the network news treated McCarthy this way. On that I'll revise my previous view and say that CNN shouldn't have given Trump the platform even though he was a declared candidate.

“Be truthful, but not neutral,” Amanpour urged. “Bothsidesism is not always objectivity. It does not get you to the truth. Drawing false moral or factual equivalence is neither objective or truthful. Objectivity is our golden rule and it is in weighing all the sides and hearing all the evidence, but not rushing to equate them when there is no equating.”
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/18/media/christiane-amanpour-trump-town-hall-reliable-sources/index.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxx447: 5:08pm On May 18, 2023
IjeBos:

It’s like the madness that inspires that your stupid violent father to beat up women has started affecting you too abi? Lmao. Do tell Femi what?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 5:10pm On May 18, 2023
---Seems all the GOP 'Whistleblowers' have vanished into thin air lately---

Jim Jordan isn't happy when Dan Goldman confronts him about rules during the "weaponization of the FBI" hearing.

Jordan: "We have the whistleblower testimony. He does not wish it to be made available to the Democrats at this time."

Goldman: "He doesn’t make committee rules!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SlyFoxx447: 5:11pm On May 18, 2023
Weregonnalose:

Kikikikiki ah gay junkie ye isa tuk when Isa ah get owned left to tha right ye.

Some ah say ya daddy isa ah stuck ina tha lagoos ye

I heard his useless daddy has finally been picked up by Lagos authorities for gender based violence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 6:35pm On May 18, 2023
An aside:

I fortunately got to spend some more time in Mexico this past weekend. It got me thinking of the migrant issues we are currently having and how I had viewed Mexico.

I was at a wedding in San Miguel de Allende. San Miquel is beautiful (old world meets new) and a US tourist destination. Though it's not my first time in Mexico, the g/f likes to do more of the local stuff (fortunately she is fluent in Spanish). We had time between the wedding events so we hired a tour guide and went outside the city.

The places we ended up going to were more "authentic" and not as wealthy as St. Miquel. But just getting to those places I was surprised by the level of development. There had well developed infrastructure, i.e roads, electrical grids, transportation and water delivery. Was frustrated thinking where Nigeria is in comparison. And somewhat embarrassed about what I previously thought.

But it got me thinking about why people were migrating from Mexico and maybe I fully didn't understand it. It also made me realize that my view of Mexico had been colored by the US media's coverage largely based on political machinations. As it was surprising that I met a lot of Americans who had moved to Mexico.

In terms of politics, the next election may turn on Immigration. I wish we could have a more nuanced discussion of it. And I think part of that is the media doing a better job of informing Americans about Mexico and other places, not just putting the killings and drugs on a loop.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:57pm On May 18, 2023
City’s GOP Chairman Found Asleep Behind the Wheel After Smoking Crack Laced with Fentanyl

CRANSTON, R.I. (WPRI) — The Cranston councilman who was reportedly caught smoking what appeared to be crack cocaine in his car Monday morning has resigned as the chairman of the Cranston Republican Party.
Matthew Reilly, 41, was arrested after he was found unconscious in his car with a glass pipe and lighter in his hand, according to police.
Police also found a “white, rock-like substance” in Reilly’s car, which later tested positive for cocaine and fentanyl.

Reilly, who represents Ward 6, has been charged with possession of crack cocaine.
In a statement to 12 News, Cranston Mayor Ken Hopkins said Reilly has resigned as the chairman of the Cranston Republican Party “…to focus on personal and health matters.”
“My hope is that [Reilly] will get whatever care and attention he needs for his own well-being,” Hopkins said.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 7:38pm On May 18, 2023
Benalvino3, you said you're in the US. This you?

NC lawmaker asks colleague if being Black got him into Harvard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esV3K4pPdC0

Nah.. Only kidding. We know you're lying about being in the US.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 8:30pm On May 18, 2023
IjeBos:
Benalvino3, you said you're in the US. This you?

NC lawmaker asks colleague if being Black got him into Harvard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esV3K4pPdC0

Nah.. Only kidding. We know you're lying about being in the US.

That's a question everyone should be asking you each time they see you. It's a good question. Your black skin was your admission to harvard.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 9:00pm On May 18, 2023
US is a banana republic going after trump, in so doing they bend the laws

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1656344259556184067?t=xMWPE25hdllRVOiBoRarDw&s=19

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by shegzhkn: 9:49pm On May 18, 2023
IjeBos:
An aside:

I fortunately got to spend some more time in Mexico this past weekend. It got me thinking of the migrant issues we are currently having and how I had viewed Mexico.

I was at a wedding in San Miguel de Allende. San Miquel is beautiful (old world meets new) and a US tourist destination. Though it's not my first time in Mexico, the g/f likes to do more of the local stuff (fortunately she is fluent in Spanish). We had time between the wedding events so we hired a tour guide and went outside the city.

The places we ended up going to were more "authentic" and not as wealthy as St. Miquel. But just getting to those places I was surprised by the level of development. There had well developed infrastructure, i.e roads, electrical grids, transportation and water delivery. Was frustrated thinking where Nigeria is in comparison. And somewhat embarrassed about what I previously thought.

But it got me thinking about why people were migrating from Mexico and maybe I fully didn't understand it. It also made me realize that my view of Mexico had been colored by the US media's coverage largely based on political machinations. As it was surprising that I met a lot of Americans who had moved to Mexico.

In terms of politics, the next election may turn on Immigration. I wish we could have a more nuanced discussion of it. And I think part of that is the media doing a better job of informing Americans about Mexico and other places, not just putting the killings and drugs on a loop.
Why Mexicans are moving to the US - economics (people prioritize their economic interest) and just because you saw places that are 'okay' does not mean everywhere is okay.
Japan is an advanced economy and alot of japanese are migrating to the US - economics too.
Money runs Uncle Sam, the citizens are moving to Mexico for different reasons - affordable health care, running from gun violence, or even economics (geoarbitrage), what have you.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 11:18pm On May 18, 2023
SlyFoxx447:

Bro. Tell somebody to come and remove the “geotags” from these pictures too and tell us when and where they were taken 😂😂😂

A lawyer who knows zilch about the law except for teslas and Honda keys pinpointing geo tags?
Boss Get serious. That's a choice insult in very good faith

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 11:28pm On May 18, 2023
IjeBos:
An aside:

Benalvino should go to "Mehico", then cross the Rio Grande, declare he is a refugee who needs assylum from Boko Haram back home. He can bring his brood real or imagined to live next to your hovel.All at your DEi schooling job background as a tax payer..
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 12:12am On May 19, 2023
feedthenation:
---Seems all the GOP 'Whistleblowers' have vanished into thin air lately---

Jim Jordan isn't happy when Dan Goldman confronts him about rules during the "weaponization of the FBI" hearing.

Jordan: "We have the whistleblower testimony. He does not wish it to be made available to the Democrats at this time."

Goldman: "He doesn’t make committee rules!

Under questioning by Rep. Dan Goldman, all of Jim Jordan's whistleblowers admitted they received money from Kash Patel. Gym Jordan's Weaponization Committee witnesses were bought and paid for by Patel, an ally of Donald J. Trump.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 12:40am On May 19, 2023
basilico:

A lawyer who knows zilch about the law except for teslas and Honda keys pinpointing geo tags?
Boss Get serious. That's a choice insult in very good faith

The one that advice ijebos not to get a tesla from her first sentence and still advised him to get a tesla from her last sentence

Lordadam16 made her look like a toddler in EV discussion

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 5:15am On May 19, 2023
shegzhkn:

Why Mexicans are moving to the US - economics (people prioritize their economic interest) and just because you saw places that are 'okay' does not mean everywhere is okay.
Japan is an advanced economy and alot of japanese are migrating to the US - economics too.
Money runs Uncle Sam, the citizens are moving to Mexico for different reasons - affordable health care, running from gun violence, or even economics (geoarbitrage), what have you.

Seems like you've thought some about this. I like the term geo-arbitrage.
You are right, I can't be sure everywhere is ok. I'm usually in the more resort-y areas. But given what I saw in terms of the infrastructure even in the no so good areas I visited, I assume the level of infrastructure is more less the same for the rest of the country. And that in itself changes my view. Why should Mexico who has clearly better infrastructure and maybe more opportunities than Nigeria have easier access to the US immigration system unless the argument is being a regional/neighbor support. If it largely due to geo-arbitrage I definitely think our immigration policies aren't equitable and new policies should be.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:59am On May 19, 2023
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 11:31am On May 19, 2023
I see a lot of it in this thread as well. Which is still surprising given most of the posters have black skin.
Pro-Trump pastors rebuked for ‘overt embrace of white Christian nationalism’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/01/far-right-pastors-embracing-trump-white-christian-nationalism

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 4:58pm On May 19, 2023
Judge McBurney denies Trump’s request for 21 additional days to file a reply brief regarding his efforts to disqualify Fulton County DA Fani Willis and scrap the investigation into attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in Georgia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:29pm On May 19, 2023
Ijebos What's your thought on this.

As part of last week’s budget deal, Gov. Kathy Hochul and the Legislature ordered the New York Power Authority to shut down all its fossil-fuel plants in just seven years — even though gas-fired plants supply nearly half the state’s electricity.

At the same time, they banned gas (for stoves and heating) in all new buildings by 2029, forcing them to be all-electric.

And by 2035, the only new cars sold here must also be purely electric
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 7:33pm On May 19, 2023
Been thinking about these debt limit negotiations. The Republicans are holding the US if not global economy hostage, while the Democrats are too weak willed to just say no and evoke the 14th amendment. The 14th amendment seems clear enough.

14th Amendment
Section 4.
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.

Republicans are out there making up laws and the ones that are actually in the constitution the Dems are too scared to fight for. Anyhow, heading to Napa so going to be in a wine stupor for the weekend.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 1:38am On May 20, 2023
@ijebos

The people moving are not Mexicans themselves. Maybe some small Mexican. Most are other ftom south Americans such as Guatemala El Salvadoran, Nicaraguan, etc using Mexico as passage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 2:24am On May 20, 2023
armyofone:
@ijebos

The people moving are not Mexicans themselves. Maybe some small Mexican. Most are other ftom south Americans such as Guatemala El Salvadoran, Nicaraguan, etc using Mexico as passage.

oh, including me smiley some ghanians and chinese
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 3:56am On May 20, 2023
benalvino3:

oh, including me smiley some ghanians and chinese

Nicaraguan Nigerians grin

Thought I saw you standing by the fence around El Paso and El Nino.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 3:59am On May 20, 2023
armyofone:

Nicaraguan Nigerians grin

Thought I saw you standing by the fence around El Paso and El Nino.

na that wasn't me. Joe Bizzle is my homie, so i am a VIP Asylum seeker
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bossly: 2:46pm On May 20, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
City’s GOP Chairman Found Asleep Behind the Wheel After Smoking Crack Laced with Fentanyl

CRANSTON, R.I. (WPRI) — The Cranston councilman who was reportedly caught smoking what appeared to be crack cocaine in his car Monday morning has resigned as the chairman of the Cranston Republican Party.
Matthew Reilly, 41, was arrested after he was found unconscious in his car with a glass pipe and lighter in his hand, according to police.
Police also found a “white, rock-like substance” in Reilly’s car, which later tested positive for cocaine and fentanyl.

Reilly, who represents Ward 6, has been charged with possession of crack cocaine.
In a statement to 12 News, Cranston Mayor Ken Hopkins said Reilly has resigned as the chairman of the Cranston Republican Party “…to focus on personal and health matters.”
“My hope is that [Reilly] will get whatever care and attention he needs for his own well-being,” Hopkins said.

🤣🤣🤣
https://twitter.com/_Tweets_Truth/status/1659915761467400193?t=uqCG9WnAQjxKQ2yJeDutrw&s=19
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:17pm On May 20, 2023
This is a thing?

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bossly: 8:42pm On May 20, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Another USELESS republican busted. That's how they all are...

DEGENERATE losers! 🤮

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 11:36pm On May 20, 2023
I came across black Hebrew Israelites today and they gave me their literature.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 1:41am On May 21, 2023
benalvino3:
I came across black Hebrew Israelites today and they gave me their literature.

Watch your back in New York and don't say no coonery shyt. Once they sight a coon, they light a coon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3797) (3798) (3799) (3800) (3801) (3802) (3803) ... (4534) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: kingbee90 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.