Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,112 members, 7,890,695 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:28 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1754108 Views)

U.S Elections: Biden Fears The Worse With New Ruling / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3828) (3829) (3830) (3831) (3832) (3833) (3834) ... (4237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 6:20am On Jul 02, 2023
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1610394284867436547.html

Twitter was receiving requests from many govt bodies to suspend accounts or to desmplify them. Hundreds of thousands accounts removed.
Seems Twitter had a whole division to censor or moderate it.
Thus Musk could fire 80% of the stuff without significant perfmamce issues.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
The united states is a nation of lunacy.
Budaatum, come see another nonsense you support

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2023
bemeruca:

The lunacy of the left . Brazilian former President has been banned for running for at least 10 years after questioning Dominion vote counting machines.
Venezuela did one better. 15 years ban

Questioning electoral outcome is a crime.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2023
basilico:

The lunacy of the left . Brazilian former President has been banned for running for at least 10 years after questioning Dominion vote counting machines.
Venezuela did one better. 15 years ban

Questioning electoral outcome is a crime.

Everyone has the right to question, believe or not believe something. It's madness
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timesup2345: 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
bemeruca:

Haha. I love the cartoon. So accurate. You can do anything in the name of LGBTQ in that crazy country and get away with it because they are now a protected class. Joe Biden recently had the lunatics running around topless in the Whitehouse. This administrating has made a total mockery of a once serious country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Omofaye99: 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
bemeruca:

I need a mirror grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
bemeruca:

I have far too many blind and ignorant people making unjustifiable claims they lack evidence for, especially those with new monikers who just believe the little over loud magas tell them, so kindly show where you got that buda supports what you claim please so we can see it in context ourselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
budaatum:

I have far too many blind and ignorant people making unjustifiable claims they lack evidence for, especially those with new monikers who just believe the little over loud magas tell them, so kindly show where you got that buda supports what you claim please so we can see it in context ourselves.

Buda support it because he is always arguing with people who are against it. Example, explicit contents in books, parents complain schools are putting explicit books in libs. But accused the parents of planting it there and buda also took the side of the schools by making excuses for them.

Buda supports a book who insinuate that blacks and latinx people need equity in maths. That getting the right answers in maths is akin to white supremacy.

That is just a few buda supports. There are more.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2023
bemeruca:

Buda support it because he is always arguing with people who are against it. Example, explicit contents in books, parents complain schools are putting explicit books in libs. But accused the parents of planting it there and buda also took the side of the schools by making excuses for them.

Buda supports a book who insinuate that blacks and latinx people need equity in maths. That getting the right answers in maths is akin to white supremacy.

That is just a few buda supports. There are more.

I don't want equity in anything that you can go acquire for yourself. Blacks, or anyone who wants equity in maths should go pick up a maths book and study it. Though I must wonder why any one would want equity in anything, as in equal to others, when you can study harder and be superior in maths to others.

Most parents don't want equity for their child and that's why they don't send their children to free state schools but pay school fees to buy superiority.

As for pronouns, I don't care what pronoun you want to be used to describe you. I can hold conversation with you without finding the need to pronounise you very easily and you can't force me to do otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
budaatum:

I don't want equity in anything that you can go acquire for yourself. Blacks, or anyone who wants equity in maths should go pick up a maths book and study it. Though I must wonder why any one would want equity in anything, as in equal to others, when you can study harder and be superior in maths to others.

Most parents don't want equity for their child and that's why they don't send their children to free state.schools but pay school fees to buy superiority.

As for pronouns, I don't care what pronoun you want to be used to describe you. I can hold conversation with you without finding the need to pronounise you very easily and you can't force me to do otherwise.

You don't want it but you support people pushing it out there. So why support ideologies you don't want? You argued for days supporting the authors of that book.

You won't care because it is not affecting you. Others care because it is affecting others. Society is becoming a joke, more times than often you are arguing against people who complain how bad society is becoming.

This is what really baffles me about you. We know what's coming. They do it bits by bits. You see how the UK is doing their own? In Toronto Canada, adults perverts were nude in front of kids walking freely.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timesup2345: 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
budaatum:

Most parents don't want equity for their child and that's why they don't send their children to free state.schools but pay school fees to buy superiority.

Although we have vastly opposing views on many issues, I respect the civility in which you make your points devoid of any insults or tantrums. Many others on your side could learn from you. That’s maturity.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:09pm On Jul 02, 2023
bemeruca:

You don't want it but you support people pushing it out there. So why support ideologies you don't want? You argued for days supporting the authors of that book.

You won't care because it is not affecting you. Others care because it is affecting others. Society is becoming a joke, more times than often you are arguing against people who complain how bad society is becoming.

This is what really baffles me about you. We know what's coming. They do it bits by bits. You see how the UK is doing their own? In Toronto Canada, adults perverts were nude in front of kids walking freely.

The book does not push "equity in maths" as you seem to imagine. The book you got it from has the word "instruction" in its title, but I guess some don't even have equity in reading not to talk of the more superior ability to understand what they read. If you did, you'd easily understand that they mean equity in teaching, as in fund schools equally regardless of race, and treat students fairly regardless of their race.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2023
Timesup2345:

Although we have vastly opposing views on many issues, I respect the civility in which you make your points devoid of any insults or tantrums. Many others on your side could learn from you. That’s maturity.

Thank you very much indeed for noticing, Timesup2345.

I consider civility to be the basics of maturity and learning, and if I can not control myself and be civil I would be an ignorant immature empty noisy clanging gong.

I'm being educated in a thread. It might interest you.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timesup2345: 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2023
budaatum:

Thank you very much indeed for noticing, Timesup2345.

I consider civility to be the basics of maturity and learning, and if I can not control myself and be civil I would be an ignorant immature empty noisy clanging gong.

I'm being educated in a thread. It might interest you.

Yes I will check it out. Civil discourse is the only way we move forward. Shouting at each other without listening achieves nothing but chaos. That’s part of the reason AMERICA is the current mess it is.

No matter how much you hate the other side don’t ever be too naive or arrogant to think you can’t learn anything from them. I for example don’t agree with Obama on almost any policy but I love watching his old speeches and interviews because I at least learn from him in terms of eloquence and the art of dialogue.

No man is an island.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
Timesup2345:

Yes I will check it out. Civil discourse is the only way we move forward. Shouting at each other without listening achieves nothing but chaos. That’s part of the reason AMERICA is the current mess it is.

No matter how much you hate the other side don’t ever be too naive or arrogant to think you can’t learn anything from them. I for example don’t agree with Obama on almost any policy but I love watching his old speeches and interviews because I at least learn from him in terms of eloquence and the art of dialogue.

No man is an island.

What I regret on Nairaland is that uncivil people tend to dominate conversations on here, and that is why we are finding it so difficult to progress. And indeed that is why America is in the state of regression that it is in and why China is biting at its heels. But I do know that there are individuals like you who see past noise, and that gladdens me immensely and gives me much hope for the future.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timesup2345: 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
budaatum:

What I regret on Nairaland is that uncivil people tend to dominate conversations on here, and that is why we are finding it so difficult to progress. And indeed that is why America is in the state of regression that it is in and why China is biting at its heels. But I do know that there are individuals like you who see past noise, and that gladdens me immensely and gives me much hope for the future.

It’s like that everywhere not just only America or on nairaland sef. Those with the loudest voice tend to dominate discourse even though they degenerate the whole dialogue in the long run. But as long as there are still a few reasonable voices like yourself, progress will be made. No matter how slowly. Well done.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Maynmann: 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
Little bud and pity party.
You are still my boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2023
budaatum:

The book does not push "equity in maths" as you seem to imagine. The book you got it from has the word "instruction" in its title, but I guess some don't even have equity in reading not to talk of the more superior ability to understand what they read. If you did, you'd easily understand that they mean equity in teaching, as in fund schools equally regardless of race, and treat students fairly regardless of their race.

The title of a book is not the content of a book.
You are the one who does not understand
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2023
Timesup2345:

It’s like that everywhere not just only America or on nairaland sef. Those with the loudest voice tend to dominate discourse even though they degenerate the whole dialogue in the long run. But as long as there are still a few reasonable voices like yourself, progress will be made. No matter how slowly. Well done.

Timesup2345! You must please state right now how much the plenty money I paid you to say this before I'm accused of alternate monikering myself, lol. Don't you tell anyone please, but reading you say so put water in my eyes.

Ever since I registered here I've practised civility knowing the evidence would matter to some whether we agree or not, so thank you very much for being amongst the very few who have fed back they notice and appreciate it.

Love one another! They that sayeth they are in the light and hateth another remaineth in darkness.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
bemeruca:

The title of a book is not the content of a book.

No, it is not. So go inside the book and show me where it mentions anything that means this your, "equity in maths". I have posted a link to the book somewhere and if you've really been reading buda you'd find it and post it here showing where you get "equity in maths" from.

In fact, bemeruca, forgive me. This is the first I'm engaging with you, so, if you don't mind, can we perhaps start with what equity is?

Define equity, please.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2023
Maynmann:
Little bud and pity party.
You are still my boy.

My teacher Mayn, welcome to the thread.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Maynmann: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2023
budaatum:

My teacher Mayn, welcome to the thread.
My little bud 😍
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
budaatum:

They really don't seem to understand the influence of this site and also not its value.

We should plan hostile takeover to shake seun awake.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timesup2345: 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
budaatum:

Timesup2345! You must please state right now how much the plenty money I paid you to say this before I'm accused of alternate monikering myself, lol. Don't you tell anyone please, but reading you say so put water in my eyes.

Ever since I registered here I've practised civility knowing the evidence would matter to some whether we agree or not, so thank you very much for being amongst the very few who have fed back they notice and appreciate it.

Love one another! They that sayeth they are in the light and hateth another remaineth in darkness.

Haha. No you didn’t pay me nothing. I’m just stating facts. This thread has been a dumpster fire for ages. Every time I visit all I see is people hurling insults at each other, bragging about material possessions, who has the biggest dick and some other irrelevant shit that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. So it’s nice to see a person who just makes his honest contribution as civilly as possible no matter how much I may disagree with it.

We are still political opponents but that shouldn’t make us ENEMIES! It is wise to occasionally listen, filter out all the noise and identify areas where our interests align so we can at least work towards that.

You would be amazed how much you actually agree with people once you actually listen! Most times the problem is just a matter of approach and not the actual end goal.

I tend to attribute the words and actions of people I disagree with to ignorance before I ever attribute it to malice. Think about that! We could all do with a little more education.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2023
Timesup2345:

Haha. No you didn’t pay me nothing. I’m just stating facts. This thread has been a dumpster fire for ages. Every time I visit all I see is people hurling insults at each other, bragging about material possessions, who has the biggest dick and some other irrelevant shit that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. So it’s nice to see a person who just makes his honest contribution as civilly as possible no matter how much I may disagree with it.

We are still political opponents but that shouldn’t make us ENEMIES! It is wise to occasionally listen, filter out all the noise and identify areas where our interests align so we can at least work towards that.

You would be amazed how much you actually agree with people once you actually listen! Most times the problem is just a matter of approach and not the actual end goal.

I tend to attribute the words and actions of people I disagree with to ignorance before I ever attribute it to malice. Think about that! We could all do with a little more education.

I tend to attribute the words and actions of people I disagree with to that's their own choice and how they understand things and I don't expect others to see things as I do and nor can I force them to.

What concerns me more than the "words and actions of people" is the words and actions of myself buda. Thankfully, rather than accepting equity in knowledge and understanding and moreso it's use, I can strive harder to educate myself so I am at least not mediocre in any.

It's not malice, Timesup2345. If I knock on the door of anyone here and say, "I am buda, give me water, let me sit please", none of them would refuse me and only the donkey would I not trust to not poison it, just that facelessness allows many to not have to account for their conduct. In real life they'd have had to adjust or reasonable people would ignore them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
Timesup2345:

Says the moniker that was created a few days ago because the other one was probably banned for doing some of the things preached about in this post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
Timesup2345:

Which kind dirty compound be this? They couldn’t even afford proper interlocking or at least sweep the damn floor. The wall needs a bad paint job. The plants look like they are dying from dehydration. Picture looks like one Ogbomosho yahoo boy went to do charity at motherless babies home in his village. ***spits on thread and walks out***

This was your first post on your new moniker. This is civil discourse right?

Edit: You want to know why the US is where it is? Because of shameless people like you who want to gaslight people and live in alternate realities. If you want civility.. be civil. Don't gaslight people into believing you are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timesup2345: 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
IjeBos:

This was your first post on your new moniker. This is civil discourse right?

Edit: You want to know why the US is where it is? Because of shameless people like you who want to gaslight people and live in alternate realities. If you want civility.. be civil. Don't gaslight people into believing you are.

Why are you attacking me bro? Did I mention you or did that picture I commented on have anything to do with you?

All I know is I came here and saw someone posting pictures of car and house, probably to pump his ego, since that seems to be all y’all do here, and I feel that kind of behavior needs to be discouraged on this thread.

Learn from Buda and make your contributions without personal attacks and malice. I don’t see what warrants you calling a person who knows nothing about you shameless. Resorting to insults is the behavior of a man who does not have confidence in his own opinions. Let’s be guided. Love and light. Hope you went to church today?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 9:25pm On Jul 02, 2023
budaatum:

No, it is not. So go inside the book and show me where it mentions anything that means this your, "equity in maths". I have posted a link to the book somewhere and if you've really been reading buda you'd find it and post it here showing where you get "equity in maths" from.

In fact, bemeruca, forgive me. This is the first I'm engaging with you, so, if you don't mind, can we perhaps start with what equity is?

Define equity, please.

White supremacy culture infiltrates math classrooms in everyday teacher actions. Coupled with the beliefs that underlie
these actions, they perpetuate educational harm on Black, Latinx, and multilingual students, denying them full access to
the world of mathematics.The table below identifies the ways in which white supremacy shows up in math classrooms.

• The focus is on getting the “right” answer.
• Independent practice is valued over teamwork or collaboration.
Students are required to “show their work.”
• Grading practices are focused on lack of knowledge.
• “Real-world math” is valued over math in the real world.
• Students are tracked (into courses/pathways and within the classroom).
• Participation structures reinforce dominant ways of being.

White supremacy shows up in classrooms when Black and Latinx students are required to get the right answer in maths or to show their work

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2023
budaatum:

Disagree. The argument of civility is always made by those in power or privilege to protect the status quo, where incivility will rock their power structure. (Look up "good trouble" ). And the problem with America in this moment is the propaganda and fiction disseminated on the right by people more concerned with making a buck than the tearing away America's fabric.

And Liberals are part of that problem. They hew to things like unwritten norms and policies when people like Trump run over them. Look at his most recent rally, the man who got elected by yelling "lock her Up" is complaining about persecution because he was indicted for stealing classified documents. And after the rally, his supporters when asked about Biden, shouted "Lock him up". You can't make it up. While Biden came in and left in place a Trump appointed prosecutor who gave his son a harsher punishment than most anyone else.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
bemeruca:

White supremacy shows up in classrooms when Black and Latinx students are required to get the right answer in maths or to show their work

And you don't understand how white supremacy can show up in classrooms or why how one gets even to the wrong answer in maths matters as a learning tool but would rather believe that buda would rather the standard for maths be reduced because you are black?

bemeruca, please, if that is what you understand and choose to believe buda believes, then so be it. I myself know the book talks about a lot more than what you understand. We have had the same white supremacy issues where I live whereby black kids were encouraged to become bus drivers and secretarys and nurses while their white classmates were driven to be doctors and lawyers and accountants. Lowering standards for black kids, which is what you understand this book is about, is very different and the opposite of even your "equity in maths" you'd find it you thought about it. Equity means to equally teach the same things the same way to the same standards, while reducing standards for black is its opposite! Are you suggesting buda supports both or might there be something wrong with your understanding?

Let me add that I am honoured that what you think buda believes matters and is so important to you, but rather than you using your mind reading skills to read buda's mind I'd suggest you actually ask buda.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2023
bemeruca:

Regarding your image, you left out superiority, whereby you pays your monies and get what you buy. After all, America is not a communist country that practices the equity or justice in the image you added.

Justice of removing barriers for all would be great but as ideal as a complete capitalist system would be, which is why those who require support in their education should get it, be it extra tutoring or reduced fees and be they black or white, and thankfully America seems enlightened enough to provide both along with healthcare for those who can't afford it.

Anyone, however, reducing the pass mark in maths or any other subject for blacks or any one else is trying to enslave those people into mediocrity. And this book is not asking for any such reduction in standards, but for a recognition of why the student got to the wrong answer, which any good teacher would do any way because knowing how and why a student arrived at their wrong answer helps you lead them better to get the right answer themselves.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3828) (3829) (3830) (3831) (3832) (3833) (3834) ... (4237) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: PDPGuy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.