Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,583 members, 7,929,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:48 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1840967 Views)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections -- Trump's Presidency! - NOV. 5!! / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4249) (4250) (4251) (4252) (4253) (4254) (4255) ... (4344) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 12:15am On Jul 22
happney65:

All these ones are story. But why are you crying is what I want to know?

Why are you getting angry that he dropped out and Johnson calling for Biden's resignation.

Why?

It should not have bothered you naa..
grin grin
🤣🤣

Kamala will win in November

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 12:18am On Jul 22
Laurene:
As in!
Let's see how how poll goes within the coming days... I'm predicting a slight bump until it normalized back to dejavu

They can't still change Harris before the convention though

Well, if the Democrats proceed with the planned virtual roll call vote, that is scheduled to hold before the convention, that would be the forum for the delegates to formally choose the nominee. Then, the convention would be a mere coronation of the delegates’ choice.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Tightpussy2024(f): 12:36am On Jul 22
Gerrard59:

Thanks for bringing that up - it is one area of research I am interested in from a Nigerian perspective. So, here you are from Kwara state: https://ijfacs.org/index.php/ijfacs/article/view/75/56
Separation and widowed are the highest reasons for single parenting. I believe being widowed is going to be worse in the middle belt areas as a result of the persistent and consistent butchering of Christians, especially males.

Nevertheless, Nigeria has a low prevalence of single parenting compared to the US and UK. In the US, almost a quarter of children live with one parent or no other. This is a country that is not fighting a war o. https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2019/12/12/u-s-children-more-likely-than-children-in-other-countries-to-live-with-just-one-parent/
The prevalence in Nigeria is one of the lowest globally. China, unsurprisingly, has it at 3%.

A global phenomenon across all cultures, races and countries.

Interesting. So, actual native black people would likely vote for Trump? What do our Ikoyi and Lekki black voters in the US have to say about this? grin Does the average Nigerian-American know more about racism than the average African American? shocked

While no chances should be taken, do you really think a wide and diverse section of American voters are ready for a female president who is not White? shocked
If only you put half as much effort in researching the adverse effects of adultery. Well. I understand, people wish to see only what they wish to see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 12:41am On Jul 22
ijebosb:
I just hung out with my 13 y.o. niece. She was sad. She didn't think Kamala could win. I asked her why. She said they are going to attack her for being black and a woman. cry cry

For all those who say America isn't a racist and sexist country. The floodgates on the right have just opened. I'll make sure I post some of the deluge here.

If it is a racist country, it is because you are a racist

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 12:46am On Jul 22
ActBlue has now raised $30 million within the last 5 hours, from small $$ donors🙆🏾🙆🏾
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 12:47am On Jul 22
BREAKING

Governor Gavin Newsom has just endorsed Harris for president!!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 12:56am On Jul 22
I wonder if Trump is regretting that JD Vance pick about now.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 12:57am On Jul 22
bemeruca:

If it is a racist country, it is because you are a racist

When you can get a visa to the US, your opinion may matter.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 1:12am On Jul 22
ijebosb:

When you can get a visa to the US, your opinion may matter.
says the racist who thinks he is the gatekeeper of opinions that matter.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 1:20am On Jul 22
AmazonTopaz:
Democrats are idiots for forcing out Biden

Big idiots.

No big deal, the game has changed at this point, Democrats are so going on offensive from here, republicans won't know what will hit them

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:23am On Jul 22
sanpipita:

No big deal, the game has changed at this point, Democrats are so going on offensive from here, republicans won't know what will hit them
I am seeing it too.

I am feeling much better than I was when I saw the breaking news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by haybhi1(m): 1:45am On Jul 22
LordAdam16:

Why are they not responding to the Houthis sinking their ships? Is that not an act of war? If Hamas shoots rockets and they respond by leveling a building. Why are they not responding to Houthis making submarines out of their ships?

Do you have a finger on the pulse of citizens in rich Arab states? Do you recall how the Arab Spring started? The monarchies are always on edge. To date, they've been able to keep their populace sated. But if Houthis and co start targeting their infrastructure because they're carrying water for Israelis, and that starts messing with their heavily subsidized economies; it'll create an opening for opportunistic forces within their respective states to create chaos. At that point, it'll be about survival not geopolitics.

The optics of killing their own citizens to suppress a revolt kickstarted by Israelis massacring Gazans will be a death knell for their regimes. Before things devolve this badly, they'd have already dropped Israel like a hot potato in a sheer survivalist move. This is the typical dangerous game played in the Middle East.

This is why the coalition cannot act in an unrestrained or impulsive manner. Every move must be properly calibrated.

-Lord
Always with the succinct and educative analysis. I bet you have have no idea how many people you educate on here. Your knowledge be increased.

Meanwhile, to the bolded. Are they—these rich Arab countries—not sitting on a gunfire then, knowing Isreal will take no hostages regardless of the feelings or tactics of these countries' governments. And in such cases that the houthis or similar outfits continue with their no holds barred approach towards Isreal, full fledged war awaits in the Middle East of which Isreal is proven to be unparalleled in power or capable of face-off with as many. Or, why do you think they will turn them to potato?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 2:16am On Jul 22
This election season has all the potential of being wild and dangerous.
Here are Bemeruca's people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIyCUNxVqLw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordAdam16: 2:21am On Jul 22
haybhi1:
Always with the succinct and educative analysis. I bet you have have no idea how many people you educate on here. Your knowledge be increased.

Meanwhile, to the bolded. Are they—these rich Arab countries—not sitting on a gunfire then, knowing Isreal will take no hostages regardless of the feelings or tactics of these countries' governments. And in such cases that the houthis or similar outfits continue with their no holds barred approach towards Isreal, full fledged war awaits in the Middle East of which Isreal is proven to be unparalleled in power or capable of face-off with as many. Or, why do you think they will turn them to potato?

All of this ends with a ceasefire.
That is closer than ever.
It's all about mooring this vessel now. The voyage is done.

Everyone wants this to end. Including Hezbollah and the Houthis
Hamas keeps holding out for a great deal while Netanyahu is holding out for a Trump presidency.
The rich Arab countries just have to hang in there for a little while longer.
They care more about the US-led international coalition than whatever the Israelis are doing.
For as long as the coalition has their thumb on the scales, the rich Arab countries will maintain their current posture.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 2:57am On Jul 22
LordAdam16:

All of this ends with a ceasefire.
That is closer than ever.
It's all about mooring this vessel now. The voyage is done.

Everyone wants this to end. Including Hezbollah and the Houthis
Hamas keeps holding out for a great deal while Netanyahu is holding out for a Trump presidency.
The rich Arab countries just have to hang in there for a little while longer.
They care more about the US-led international coalition than whatever the Israelis are doing.
For as long as the coalition has their thumb on the scales, the rich Arab countries will maintain their current posture.

-Lord

you know they are fighting a religious war? long before this war Iran and its proxies have been shouting about the destruction of Israel. even if it ends now, you will see a repeat shortly.

Israel may want this to end, but not Hamas, Iran, Hezbollah, etc. The only way there can be a significant reset is if Iran and its proxies are sent back a few decades. each time the West says they want to avoid war will only embolden the terrorist states.

remember that Hezbollah started shooting rockets into Israel before Israel responded to Hama. all these are coordinated attacks on Israel and it has nothing to do with Israel bombing Gaza if all of them planned to overwhelm Israel from different fronts.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 3:07am On Jul 22
Republicans being Republicans.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 3:52am On Jul 22
LordAdam16:

Semantics. He ran against Trump. Then one debate after, he was beaten so badly his own party forced his exit.
Trump defeated him before the elections.

-Lord

It was his age not the debate.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 3:54am On Jul 22
raumdeuter:

Fear of landslide loss to Trump

If that was the case then they only made it worse. I doubt it was fear of a landslide loss though. I think Dems are just too ethical for their own good sometimes.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 4:03am On Jul 22
LordReed:

If that was the case then they only made it worse. I doubt it was fear of a landslide loss though. I think Dems are just too ethical for their own good sometimes.

Ethical? The same party who leaked debate questions to Hillary

Or forced the nominee out.

Republicans even though they despised Trump even let the process go through and not put a finger on the scale
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 4:26am On Jul 22
LordReed:

that was the case.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 4:37am On Jul 22
Democrats have been known to play dirty. In 2016 using superdelegates Hillary easily took the nomination .Bernie Sanders was edged out
In 2020, Joe Biden was muscled in after his opponents were prevailed upon to step aside.
In 2024 Kennedy Jr realized everything was stacked up against him leading him to quit the democrat party altogether.
Now Joe Biden has been prevailed upon to step aside, the democrats bigwigs will decide who gets on the ballot.

But but Trump is a threat, an existential threat,, we need to stop him in order to save our democracy.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 5:01am On Jul 22
Wowzers!!!! And this all within 8 hours

The energy has surely been reinvigorated on the Democratic side

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Laurene: 5:10am On Jul 22
PDPGuy:
Wowzers!!!! And this all within 8 hours

The energy has surely been reinvigorated on the Democratic side
First of all Actblue is a leftist progressive engine for small dollars donations... Even Biden raised lots of money through it this year.

Secondly, It's just reactionary... As new candidate.
Everything would normalize within a week once she fails to establish a lead in polls.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 5:39am On Jul 22
Laurene:
First of all Actblue is a leftist progressive engine for small dollars donations... Even Biden raised lots of money through it this year.

Secondly, It's just reactionary... As new candidate.
Everything would normalize within a week once she fails to establish a lead in polls.

On the bolded, I already knew that. But even Biden couldn’t pull such a rash of donations within a single day
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 5:44am On Jul 22
PDPGuy:

On the bolded, I already knew that. But even Biden couldn’t pull such a rash of donations within a single day

Should be over 60 million by the end of the day West Coast time.
If so, may triple the best day they've had in 2 years.

Edit: 70 million now. Close to the record for single day donations. Wonder if it'll crack 100 million by tomm morning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:57am On Jul 22
PDPGuy:

Are you sure they are real donors.
Actblue is known to use other people details to make donations.

a Raleigh resident (designated A.D.), whose identity has been kept confidential by Horn, said.
Reports show A.D. gave $26,204.07 to Democratic-aligned causes during the 2021-22 election cycle through 1,905 transactions.
“There is no way I could give anywhere near

I Don't trust democrats on anything.
A dark money group drops a large amount, Actblue reports the money is from thousands of small donors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKDbmKjVg-Y

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konquest: 6:01am On Jul 22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9O6uAI3mRU
The race is very close based on Kornacki's analyses. I see Kamala Devi Harris (if she's finally nominated by the Dems) getting into a position of advantage during subsequent Presidential debates with Donald Trump with her legal background as an attorney and her gift of the garb. She's gonna "roast" Trump.

She'll hammer on the many inconsistencies and several blatant LIES (Time magazine recently fact-checked up to 34 of those clearcut LIES of the 78-year-old Donald Trump (before, during, and after the CNN 2024 U.S. Presidential debate) thereby further portraying Donald Trump in the eyes of the Americans people as a man who lacks character. A man who overtly lacks the ability to consistently say the truth is indeed a danger to the American society and the rest of the world.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 6:11am On Jul 22
Konquest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9O6uAI3mRU

I don't think the polling is too useful right now. Trump is a known entity. He has a ceiling for his support. But Kamala isn't as yet. She may have a chance to change those numbers. Will get a better picture as she campaigns more.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konquest: 6:42am On Jul 22
ijebosb:

I don't think the polling is too useful right now. Trump is a known entity. He has a ceiling for his support. But Kamala isn't as yet. She may have a change to change those numbers. Will get a better picture as she campaigns more.
Indeed, I agree with your submissions. I just updated my post and saw your mention. I thinks Kamala can do more by having a water- tight plan for dealing with global issues while ensuring that the economy on the home front (i.e., the U.S. remains strong) in a post-Biden administration. Illegal immigration is what is making some American folks in the U.S. states near the Mexican border to be really upset with the Biden administration and that has to be checkedmated. Folks want assurances that these influxes of illegal immigrants would be curtailed to keep the crime rates down.

I must commend the 81-year-old President Joe Biden for standing down from the Presidential race. He has written his name into the sands of time for that and saved everyone from further embarrassments. I hope that advanced medical techniques in the field of gene therapy that are still in the research stages can be finally approved to treat elderly folks who have Parkinson's, dementia and other neurological disorders since it's obvious that Biden has that kind of disorder which makes him to mumble words, repeatedly falling, walking with slow gaits, and momentarily forgetting things.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 6:59am On Jul 22
raumdeuter:

Ethical? The same party who leaked debate questions to Hillary

Or forced the nominee out.

Republicans even though they despised Trump even let the process go through and not put a finger on the scale

While did use the word sometimes, I think it's very clear which party does try to be ethical versus the party steeped in lies and deception.

Now that Donald Trump is the oldest in the race will people still be talking about age? I doubt it.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:16am On Jul 22
LordReed:

While did use the word sometimes, I think it's very clear which party does try to be ethical versus the party steeped in lies and deception.

Now that Donald Trump is the oldest in the race will people still be talking about age? I doubt it.

Which party thrives on lies and deception?
Biden had no problem with age. It is the soft pass he was given , covering up his state of mind. Until he faced Trump in the debate. He also could not be prosecuted because his mental faculties were not intact.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 7:23am On Jul 22
basilico:

Which party thrives on lies and deception?
Biden had no problem with age. It is the soft pass he was given , covering up his state of mind. Until he faced Trump in the debate. He also could not be prosecuted because his mental faculties were not intact.

The Republicans, if it wasn't clear enough.

Biden would have been piled on even without the debate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4249) (4250) (4251) (4252) (4253) (4254) (4255) ... (4344) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: basilico and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.