Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,457 members, 7,897,944 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 11:36 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1772156 Views)

U.S Elections: Biden Fears The Worse With New Ruling / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4253) (4254) (4255) (4256) (4257) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 8:29pm
Kamala, raised more than 100M in 24 hours just on ActBlue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 8:32pm
Obrigardo:

Yep, they had their damn good reasons and it's clear to see. Even you, yes you, you can't even trust the life of your child in convicted felon trump's hands.

Even his Vp mike pence can't even support him. To you now, pence is an elite, abi? Rubbish.

Pence is a Republican elite, he was a Republican all his life and a former governor

Whatever reasons they had they did not override the wishes of the voters who elected him during the primaries like the Democrats did in 2016 and 2024
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:33pm
Convicted felon trump will lose so bad, people will laugh him out when he starts stop the steal part 2 lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:35pm
ijebosb:

Broooooo, are you feeling the energy? Looks like if someone came back from the dead energy
See me see ooo, zoom call way suppose carry 1000, come carry 40,000!! Zooms CEO had to intervene to create 39,000 seats! Imagine that!

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:37pm
raumdeuter:

Pence is a Republican elite, he was a Republican all his life and a former governor

Whatever reasons they had they did not override the wishes of the voters who elected him during the primaries like the Democrats did in 2016 and 2024

This fickle feckless maga cult party won't ask the convicted felon to step aside, obviously. It is not the republican party anymore.

Ah ah, what is the RNC under the felon's daughter in-law going to do now lol.

President Biden blindsided them real bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 8:45pm
raumdeuter:

Another reason was damning: that Biden's obvious memory lapses would make it hard to convict him.

Biden showed "diminished faculties and faulty memory," the report said

His memory "appeared to have significant limitations.

It also said these lapses were evident not only in interviews with investigators last year, but also in recorded 2017 interviews Biden gave to his book ghostwriter.

The report says Biden struggled to remember what years he was vice-president: "If it was 2013 — when did I stop being vice-president?" it quotes him saying during an interview last fall. He left the vice-presidency in 2017.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/diminished-faculties-faulty-memory-significant-010332271.html

This goes to the core of the evilness and rot of decency in the Republican party under Trump.

I lost a very close family member. I can remember the exact day, can remember what happened that day, but the year, if I think hard enough and base it off of other things that happened in my life. Sure, maybe. I'm not even sure why that is. But, I'm not alone in that. Other people who have lost people have said similar. I'm sure some psychologist has some explanation why it fades for some people and some people remember the day/year exactly.

But for Hur to mention it and play armchair psychologist and then to use it as a means to attack Biden's memory is disgusting. Death is traumatic and everyone handles it differently. The death of family esp. children should be off limits in politics.

Be a better person and let that shit go. There are so many other avenues to attack Biden.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 8:49pm
Obrigardo:
Oh I remember this.
Just as Nikki Haley's voter pac just endorsed Kamala.
All rank and file Dems endorsing left to right.

Convicted felon trump is a fúcking loser

---Trump and his MAGAFULS should have chosen Nikki Harley as his VP pick and now this---

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:52pm
feedthenation:

---Trump and his MAGAFULS should have chosen Nikki Harley as his VP pick and now this---

Ouch! Bro, convicted felon trump will lose the Independents and sub-urban women. White women will show up for Kamala, just watch. You know President Biden was beating convicted felon trump 50% to 32% when it came to the women vote. That number will be expected to shoot up as all eyes will turn to slurring trump and his tepid Vp choice who looks like a serial killer
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 8:54pm
Obrigardo:

Broooooo, are you feeling the energy? Looks like if someone came back from the dead energy
See me see ooo, zoom call way suppose carry 1000, come carry 40,000!! Zooms CEO had to intervene to create 39,000 seats! Imagine that!

I wasn't expecting this. Surprising. I can feel the energy. My momsie even called me talking about it.

I can see 40k women on the call. And that's just the tip. Black women are going to be on it. And she's Alpha?
If you've never dealt with a successful black woman.. you won't understand. Fear them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:55pm
ijebosb:

This goes to the core of the evilness and rot of decency in the Republican party under Trump.

I lost a very close family member. I can remember the exact day, can remember what happened that day, but the year, if I think hard enough and base it off of other things that happened in my life. Sure, maybe. I'm not even sure why that is. But, I'm not alone in that. Other people who have lost people have said similar. I'm sure some psychologist has some explanation why it fades for some people and some people remember the day/year exactly.

But for Hur to mention it and play armchair psychologist and then to use it as a means to attack Biden's memory is disgusting. Death is traumatic and everyone handles it differently. The death of family esp. children should be off limits in politics.

Be a better person and let that shit go. There are so many other avenues to attack Biden.

A dense person like him would not stop. Just like I told basilico loco, it's now insanity for them. President Biden deserves praise for putting the country first over himself, seriously. Any right thinking person will give a hand to that for President Biden

Like I've always said, these maga cultists are coming from a place of hate, maga is a hate movement.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 8:58pm
ijebosb:

I wasn't expecting this. Surprising. I can feel the energy. My momsie even called me talking about it.

I can see 40k women on the call. And that's just the tip. Black women are going to be on it. And she's Alpha?
If you've never dealt with a successful black woman.. you won't understand. Fear them.

President Biden is a wise man. He allowed Kamala tour round the country and meeting women and actually visiting black cities, she didn't sit back. It's going to tell a lot once she starts campaigning and speaking.

Now the racist trump coin "black job" will trend till year end, and voters will be reminded of the vile human he is.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 8:58pm
Obrigardo:
Oh I remember this.
Just as Nikki Haley's voter pac [/b]just [b]endorsed Kamala.
All rank and file Dems endorsing left to right.

Convicted felon trump is a fúcking loser

They did ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 9:00pm
armyofone:

They did ?

Confirmed 👍
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 9:00pm

---Four years ago, concerns were raised about Joe Biden's age (76 at the time) for the presidency---Now, Donald Trump is 78, has been convicted of a felony, divorced three times, multiple business failures, and was impeached twice---Yet some supporters argue he isn't too old for the White House---This apparent inconsistency and hypocrisy---with the relative silence from MAGA Republicans since recent events---

---Trump has now become the oldest presidential candidate in US history---

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 9:39pm
raumdeuter:

Another reason was damning: that Biden's obvious memory lapses would make it hard to convict him.

Biden showed "diminished faculties and faulty memory," the report said

His memory "appeared to have significant limitations.

It also said these lapses were evident not only in interviews with investigators last year, but also in recorded 2017 interviews Biden gave to his book ghostwriter.

The report says Biden struggled to remember what years he was vice-president: "If it was 2013 — when did I stop being vice-president?" it quotes him saying during an interview last fall. He left the vice-presidency in 2017.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/diminished-faculties-faulty-memory-significant-010332271.html

You are yet to point out the lie democrats told. Democrats said all of this was unrelated to what Hur was investigating so point out how they lied.

From the article:
Neither Hur nor his investigators are health-care professionals, nor was assessing Biden's mental acuity the purpose of the report.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 9:47pm
LordReed:

You are yet to point out the lie democrats told. Democrats said all of this was unrelated to what Hur was investigating so point out how they lied.

From the article:
Neither Hur nor his investigators are health-care professionals, nor was assessing Biden's mental acuity the purpose of the report.

So you sit there and just reject any fact that comes your way 😂 raumdeuter, you have pointed out the lie multiple times. Ignore this guy on this topic. No matter what he will not agree with you.

We are not healthcare experts but we saw this as early as 2019.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 9:54pm
LordReed:

From the article:

The Democrat that forced Biden to step down are they Healthcare professionals to know he lacked the strength to run the country for the next 4yrs
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 9:57pm
Poetic justice is racist "black job" felon trump losing to a black "DEI hire".woman President.
Loser trump.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konquest: 10:09pm
ijebosb:

Right.

As to the border, which is something I didn't know, most of the issues with immigration are because of our asylum law. [b]The US has a law that allows anyone that comes to a port of entry the ability to file asylum. And, because the system is a bit antiquated and the people have to be processed to determine whether they will get asylum and be able to stay, it takes a while. So people are let into the US, allowed to stay "temporarily" with court dates because there is no where to house them. Some of those court dates takes years. Now, because it takes a while, it's incentive for people to come to the US and try their luck and seek fake "asylums". But all this is legal as the immigrants have a right under US law to seek asylum. But, the recent bill Biden tried to get passed changed the rules of asylum, making it harder to claim asylum unless under more stringent criteria. It also gave more power to the border agents to do the initial screening. It added more personal to reduce the processing time to I think 60 days instead of years and shut down the border after a certain amount of people have tried to cross whether they are admitted or not. All that would decrease immigration as the incentive is gone.[/b] The Republicans didn't want to pass that law because Trump thought immigration would help him. So, at this point it has to be about more effective messaging.
Also, someone did a study. Immigrants generally commit lower crime than the Us citizens. Also the crime rate I believe is lower now than under Trump.

But that was my issue with Biden. His messaging. And something I hope Kamala will be better on. Republicans get away with seeding lies, and those lies become fact. Ex. Biden's son Hunter. I'm kind of upset that he didn't fight back when they went after him. A friend of mine brought up Hunter Biden recently. Someone who should be in the know. He had know idea Hunter Biden was a Yale Law Grad. Was an adjunct professor at Georgetown, was on the boards of major companies like Banks and was even appointed to be on the board of Amtrak by George Bush. My friend thought Hunter was some bum just using his family name based on all the Republican misinformation. Joe Biden didn't push back and didn't allow Hunter to and Hunter may spend time in jail because if it. Anyhow, my point is we are in a new era with the speed of the spread and depth of misinformation. Dems have to be quicker at pushing back or they cede the space to lies.

I respect what Biden did. It takes strength to give up power. Look at Trump. Biden has always stuttered. There are techniques to correct it which get harder to do when you are tired or stressed. Impressive that he kept it in line for the most part. Age is catching up to him and as it's clear he's slowed down significantly from last year. But the Presidency is an exhausting job as well, and wears most people down quickly. Look at Obama before and after his presidency. I say most, because it only does if you actually do work unlike Trump who looked the same. I just thought he couldn't do another 4 years at that pace of a president at his age.
Succinctly stated.

When I think about it, the way Hunter Biden's life went south from having a legal background as a Yale University grad to taking drugs and more is most unfortunately. I hope Hunter can get his life back together tho because his story is what Trump and his political party constantly used to jab his father (Joe Biden) below the belt.

I appreciate your adding more meat to this convo. I wish the Dems the best here as well. The Rethuglicans have members who tend to be aggressive and thank goodness Donald wasn't shot dead by Crooks at that rally otherwise some of these "Rethugs" would have started a major insurrection by now leading to a potential Civil War or something close to that.

That's a Recent Kamala Harris Speech Below Talking About Some of Trump's Overt LIES Shortly Before Biden Endorsed Her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-9-0pC2L2Q
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:10pm
I have a feeling. Wow, would be awesome if it happens.
Captain Kelly becoming Kamala's VP. That will be fire. I pray that's what will happen.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:12pm
Oh sorry about this post
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konquest: 10:14pm
ijebosb:

Whoa! 100 million USD... That is massive. It's full steam ahead for the Dems.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:15pm
Konquest:

Succinctly stated.

When I think about it, the way Hunter Biden's life went south from having a legal background as a Yale University grad to taking drugs and more is most unfortunately. I hope Hunter can get his life back together tho because his story is what Trump and his political party constantly used to jab his father (Joe Biden) below the belt.

I appreciate your adding more meat to this convo. I wish the Dems the best here as well. The Rethuglicans have members who tend to be aggressive and thank goodness Donald wasn't shot dead by Crooks at that rally otherwise some of these "Rethugs" would have started a major insurrection by now leading to a potential Civil War or something close to that.

That's a Recent Kamala Harris Speech Below Talking About Some of Trump's Overt LIES Shortly Before Biden Endorsed Her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-9-0pC2L2Q

Sorry I misquoted you on a post I just deleted.
President Biden at times would want to go hard at felon trump, but he didn't go all the way and the debate spoiled things his ay. But Kamala is no game, she will go for felon trump's jugular in very clear sentences and emotions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:17pm
Konquest:

Whoa! 100 million USD... That is massive. It's full steam ahead for the Dems.

Sources are saying Convicted felon trump has dropped out of the debate in September. I think they will also limit his rallies and events now because republicans won't have President Biden to cover for the felon's slurs and failures.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konquest: 10:26pm
Obrigardo:

Sorry I misquoted you on a post I just deleted.
President Biden at times would want to go hard at felon trump, but he didn't go all the way and the debate spoiled things his ay. But Kamala is no game, she will go for felon trump's jugular in very clear sentences and emotions.
Indeed Obrigardo. Just watching Kamala Harris in that video, you'll instantly know that she's gonna verbally "roast" Trump in any future Presidential debate. I'm glad Biden chose to stand down and this has instantly changed the dynamics of the game.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konquest: 10:34pm
Obrigardo:

Sources are saying Convicted felon trump has dropped out of the debate in September. I think they will also limit his rallies and events now because republicans won't have President Biden to cover for the felon's slurs and failures.
I heard something to that effect too. You're absolutely right... The Republicans would definitely try to limit a head-to-head debate between Trump and Kamala. I must commend President Joe Biden for heeding the words of advice of millions of folks who saw an impending disaster in November 2024 due to Biden's age-related challenges for the Dems. Biden has indeed written his name in the sands of time as a true American patriot. I wish him a quick recovery from the COVID infection which has led to his hospitalization since Wednesday last week.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:37pm
Konquest:

I heard something to that effect too. You're absolutely right... The Republicans would definitely try to limit a head-to-head debate between Trump and Kamala. I must commend President Joe Biden for heeding the words of advice of millions of folks who saw an impending disaster in November 2024 due to Biden's age-related challenges for the Dems. Biden has indeed written his name in the sands of time as a true American patriot. I wish him a quick recovery from the COVID infection which has led to his hospitalization since Wednesday last week.

So well-said. 👍
Thank you. I can feel immense hope again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 10:42pm
No debate? Oh well! Free fall from the coconut tree.

Obrigardo:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 10:45pm
2024 the year we witnessed a coup without even realizing it. Poor Biden
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:47pm
armyofone:
No debate? Oh well! Free fall from the coconut tree.

He's all too well afraid of this reality

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 10:48pm
bemeruca:

Shsshhhh, leave us alone, go back into your maga hate cocoon.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 10:50pm
bemeruca:

At 80 years, you wanted him to stay in the race?
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4253) (4254) (4255) (4256) (4257) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: kkins25(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.