Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,297 members, 7,947,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:21 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1872873 Views)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections -- Trump's Presidency! - NOV. 5!! / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4402) (4403) (4404) (4405) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 4:21pm
bemeruca:

Ibime, if someone cannot get to the office because of an accident and they tell you why, it is an excuse. If Trump had an excuse and the moderators were the reason Harris seemed to perform well or they made him look bad while making her look good that is a good excuse because you are here saying she won. She was poor. this happens in football. recently rice was sent off and the game ended in a draw because the ref might have made an error giving Rice a 2nd yellow card and it affected the outcome of the game. Eze scored a goal but the ref blew and disallowed the goal. palace lost that match and saying they did because of the ref is a good excuse because it is true and the ref's action affected Palace negatively. so what you are saying does not make sense if that is the case.

This clip https://x.com/WesternLensman/status/1833869730735603919
may be the most egregious example of ABC debate moderators' direct actions/inactions to affect viewers’ perceptions of the information presented at the debate.

There are at least seven instances of this within a two-minute span.

This is not “bias."

It’s much worse.

This is direct, planned interference in the debate outcome. When moderators take on the role of “fact checkers" the inference is that the absence of a “fact check” confers validity to the non-fact-checked information.

When one side is repeatedly “fact checked,” while the other is not, that is a signal to the viewer that one side is not reliable and truthful, while the other side is.

The ABC moderators had their orders, and here you see those orders executed.

In this clip:

1) Trump says Pelosi is responsible for security at the Capitol. True. Muir intervenes on Kamala’s behalf by cutting him off with snarky retort, doesn’t acknowledging the validity of Trump’s statement, and immediately redirects to Kamala to set up her “answer" he knows is coming. This is direct action by Muir to affect the outcome of this exchange.

2) Kamala says she was at the Capitol on J6. She was there in the morning, but left to go to DNC HQ prior to the riot. Critical information is omitted. No fact-check.

3) Kamala says Trump incited a mob to attack the Capitol. False. Trump’s “peacefully and patriotically” comments are ignored. Trump is not charged with inciting violence. No fact check.

4) Kamala says that “some" police officers died on January 6. False. No fact check.

5) Kamala recites the Charlottesville “Fine People” hoax. This has been thoroughly and repeatedly debunked. No fact check.

6) Kamala recites the “stand back and stand by” hoax. This is designed to infer that Trump was ordering a “militia” to act on later orders, when he was clearly asking for a cooling of tensions. No fact check.

7) Kamala recites the “bloodbath" hoax. Trump was talking about the automobile industry, not violence. No fact check.

To quote Megyn Kelly on the ABC moderators:

"They did exactly what their bosses wanted." -western

Try keep your response concise in 2024 Sir. This is too much. How much you paying me to read all this?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 4:41pm
Ahhh It seems republicans that will vote for Kamala Harris is gonna break records never seen.

How many real republican bigwigs have endorsed VP Harris now?

President Biden never had these flurry of republican endorsements and he still wooped rapist trump's ass.

Former Attorney General and White House counsel to George W. Bush endorses Harris over the rapist lunatic.

Na wa ooo.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 4:43pm
Ibime:

Try keep your response concise in 2024 Sir. This is too much. How much you paying me to read all this?

They are in complete and total irreversible meltdown.
So, they just copy paste like they working in a chinese factory.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 4:46pm
IjeBos:

It's also seems Canada already denied your asylum case and you've been booted back to Nigeria.
If you were still in Surrey (which is equivalent to US West Coast time), it would have been 4am when you wrote this post.

Ah that was too harsh naaa grin grin grin grin
I bet he will never recover from this grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordAdam16: 4:54pm
basilico:

I've edited. That map was put up by ABC

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/state-state-breakdown-abortion-laws-2-years-after/story?id=111312220

I encountered it in my research.

It was eye-opening.

-Lord
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 5:07pm
Ibime:

That's as concise as it could be
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konkoja: 5:12pm
Obrigardo:

They are in complete and total irreversible meltdown.
So, they just copy paste like they working in a chinese factory.

It's interesting and sad at the same time. What would these mob do when Trump is defeated in November?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:20pm
IjeBos:

shocked shocked cry cry
Everything in this post makes me sad.
You should probably google the stages of grief.
Seems your emotions are being manipulated.

You should ask yourself why you are so emotional about Trump performing so badly, to have emotions that Kelly can manipulate to make you sound like a nutter.
I mean you're someone who doesn't even live in the US.
And when Trump was talking about immigrants eating pets, you do know he was referring to people like you and me. Black immigrants.

I've provided you evidence that ABC knew about states that have no limit on abortion ... "There is no state in this country where it is legal to kill the baby after it's born,” Davis said. “Madam Vice President, want to get your response to President Trump.”

Was she lying deliberately or she didn't know, in your opinion. Notice she shuts him down then invites Kamala to bury him.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:32pm
bemeruca:

Ibime, if someone cannot get to the office because of an accident and they tell you why, it is an excuse. If Trump had an excuse and the moderators were the reason Harris seemed to perform well or they made him look bad while making her look good that is a good excuse because you are here saying she won. She was poor. this happens in football. recently rice was sent off and the game ended in a draw because the ref might have made an error giving Rice a 2nd yellow card and it affected the outcome of the game. Eze scored a goal but the ref blew and disallowed the goal. palace lost that match and saying they did because of the ref is a good excuse because it is true and the ref's action affected Palace negatively. so what you are saying does not make sense if that is the case.

This clip https://x.com/WesternLensman/status/1833869730735603919
may be the most egregious example of ABC debate moderators' direct actions/inactions to affect viewers’ perceptions of the information presented at the debate.

There are at least seven instances of this within a two-minute span.

This is not “bias."

It’s much worse.

This is direct, planned interference in the debate outcome. When moderators take on the role of “fact checkers" the inference is that the absence of a “fact check” confers validity to the non-fact-checked information.

When one side is repeatedly “fact checked,” while the other is not, that is a signal to the viewer that one side is not reliable and truthful, while the other side is.

The ABC moderators had their orders, and here you see those orders executed.

In this clip:

1) Trump says Pelosi is responsible for security at the Capitol. True. Muir intervenes on Kamala’s behalf by cutting him off with snarky retort, doesn’t acknowledging the validity of Trump’s statement, and immediately redirects to Kamala to set up her “answer" he knows is coming. This is direct action by Muir to affect the outcome of this exchange.

2) Kamala says she was at the Capitol on J6. She was there in the morning, but left to go to DNC HQ prior to the riot. Critical information is omitted. No fact-check.

3) Kamala says Trump incited a mob to attack the Capitol. False. Trump’s “peacefully and patriotically” comments are ignored. Trump is not charged with inciting violence. No fact check.

4) Kamala says that “some" police officers died on January 6. False. No fact check.

5) Kamala recites the Charlottesville “Fine People” hoax. This has been thoroughly and repeatedly debunked. No fact check.

6) Kamala recites the “stand back and stand by” hoax. This is designed to infer that Trump was ordering a “militia” to act on later orders, when he was clearly asking for a cooling of tensions. No fact check.

7) Kamala recites the “bloodbath" hoax. Trump was talking about the automobile industry, not violence. No fact check.

To quote Megyn Kelly on the ABC moderators:

"They did exactly what their bosses wanted." -western

Kamala left Capitol to go to DNC .
Very important point.
While she was at the Capitol as VP elect the area was protected. So many J6ers have been indicted for being on protected grounds.
She was not there ,after Ray Epps and cohorts breached the barriers it was not a protected zone, in any case the signs had been removed , a mob coming in would not know where to stop. It was a perfect setup by FBI and Pelosi.
She has never commented about her movements, a lot of people who entered the grounds but not the Capitol itself should not be charged under that offence
With her silence many have been sent to jail , no media except a few have ever reported this.

She is a heartless person
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Konquest: 5:33pm
‘She ate him for lunch’: Donald Trump rattled by VP Harris as even Fox News blast his performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EjkJ6_8qu8?si=7nHndeFC0_QYIdkJ
MSNBC • Sep 11 2024
#kamalaharris #donaldtrump #election

Oh! She literally had him for "BRUNCH" then "DINNER."

Everything will have to go wrong from here on out for Kamala Harris not to be declared the NEXT President of the United States.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:51pm
basilico:
Twitter user says she was wearing audio enabled earrings .
Nothing is beyond democrats when it comes to cheating

Company that makes the audio enabled earrings has responded.

Following the presidential debate on Tuesday, social media users theorized that Vice President Kamala Harris wore audio earrings on stage. The Germany-based company that sells the earrings said on Wednesday that the resemblance between Harris' earrings and their audio earrings "is striking."

On Tuesday night, Harris wore what appeared to be gold and pearl earrings while debating former President Donald Trump. Social media users compared the earrings to NOVA H1 Audio Earrings, which are wireless earphones. Media outlets and other social media users examined the earrings, coming to the conclusion that Harris' earrings are from Tiffany & Co., not NOVA products.

Just the News requested comment from Icebach Sound, the Munich-based company that sells the earrings.

"We do not know whether Mrs. Harris wore one of our products. The resemblance is striking and while our product was not specifically developed for the use at presidential debates, it is nonetheless suited for it," Malte Iversen, managing director at Icebach Sound, told Just the News on Wednesday. "To ensure a level playing field for both candidates, we are currently developing a male version and will soon be able to offer it to the Trump campaign.

https://justthenews.com/nation/culture/company-responds-theory-harris-wore-audio-earrings-pres-debate-resemblance-striking?utm_source=mux&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=social-media-autopost

I doubt he would say Kamala wore their product, I wonder why he said they are coming up with a male version suitable for Trump . IOW big chance that the Kamunist cheated @ the debate.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 6:01pm
basilico:

Following the presidential debate on Tuesday, social media users theorized that Vice President Kamala Harris wore audio earrings on stage. The Germany-based company that sells the earrings said on Wednesday that the resemblance between Harris' earrings and their audio earrings "is striking."

On Tuesday night, Harris wore what appeared to be gold and pearl earrings while debating former President Donald Trump. Social media users compared the earrings to NOVA H1 Audio Earrings, which are wireless earphones. Media outlets and other social media users examined the earrings, coming to the conclusion that Harris' earrings are from Tiffany & Co., not NOVA products.

Just the News requested comment from Icebach Sound, the Munich-based company that sells the earrings.

"We do not know whether Mrs. Harris wore one of our products. The resemblance is striking and while our product was not specifically developed for the use at presidential debates, it is nonetheless suited for it," Malte Iversen, managing director at Icebach Sound, told Just the News on Wednesday. "To ensure a level playing field for both candidates, we are currently developing a male version and will soon be able to offer it to the Trump campaign.

https://justthenews.com/nation/culture/company-responds-theory-harris-wore-audio-earrings-pres-debate-resemblance-striking?utm_source=mux&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=social-media-autopost

I doubt he would say Kamala wore their product, I wonder why he said they are coming up with a male version suitable for Trump . IOW big chance that the Kamunist cheated @ the debate.

The two do not look the same to me.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 6:14pm
Haitian woman posts video about Haiti voodoo and about eating cats and dogs.
Elon Musk reposted this.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1834176196797722907

Video has 22 million views. The lefties worst enemy is Elon Musk.

Rebekah Faidia: My father immigrated from Haiti to the United States in the late ’60s as a teenager. And I want to talk about these recent comments about the Haitians in Springfield, Ohio. I also want to say my father and I are now estranged, but I did know him in my very, very young years. And when he immigrated, he was one person, and they weren’t sending thousands of Haitians in one area. He wasn’t eating people’s pets and he didn’t practice voodoo. But he did say that most of the island, the majority of the island, does practice voodoo.

The reason they eat cats is for two reasons. Number one is survival. This is the poorest country in the Western hemisphere. You can’t just go to a food bank like you can here or just go to McDonald’s and get some free or cheap food. Unless, of course, there’s a Christian missionary there. People in the United States have a really hard time imagining that type of thing, but it is true. Second, they do do animal sacrifices for their religion, voodoo. They make these animal sacrifices to these gods for different reasons. You can do your own research on this.
Do I think voodoo is a demonic religion? Yes, I do. That doesn’t mean… Obviously, that doesn’t mean that you hate these people. These people need prayer. But you can’t just take over all these people from another country and expect it to work. Not to mention, it doesn’t fix the problems of that country. And there’s more people left in Haiti that we can bring over.

It’s not racist to acknowledge that this is a problem. It’s not racist to talk about these things that are happening. This is not just white Americans saying this is Black Americans. You can look at the people in Springfield, Ohio, saying that this is happening.
You all just want to joke about Trump and say that he’s crazy for saying that this is happening instead of actually checking at all to see if this is happening. You want to make jokes about these things. Well, what if it were happening to you and your community? And no, it’s beyond eating their pets, even though that is bad enough

I don't know whether it's true. I don't rely on TikTok videos I know most Haitians practice voodoo and that the animal sacrifices to their God are carefully selected and groomed because they give up their life for the god. Lwa or something like that.
cc lordreed
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ObaIgwe1: 6:34pm
Xavier5:
MY THOUGHTS ON THE U.S PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES

I know it's coming late, in my defense, I was uninterested in commenting on it, but nevertheless I later felt the urge to do so.

The debate to me was nothing presidential, but everything of a Hollywood comedy sitcom where two adults that called themselves presidential candidates spent at least 90 percent of the time, one, lying, and two, rambling or blaming depending on who was speaking, all these without talking extensively on policies.

Trump was a pathological liar, and off-pointed rambler. Kamala Harris was a pathological liar and blamer of Trump for all the misfortunes that had befallen the country under the Biden-Harris adminstration. I can't count the number of times I had to scream or utter,

"Jesus!!!!! Trump that's a lie."

"Trump for fück sake, stay on track and answer the question."

"Trump enough with the millions and millions of illegal immigrants pouring into our country... and fücking answer the question."

"Mr 'the illegal immigrants are eating our dogs, cats and pets'."

"Mr 'concept of a plan'."

"Woman, Trump is not responsible for that, Biden and you should take responsibility."

"But you've been the vice president for three and half years Kamala, why didn't you ensure such was done. Why now?"

"That's a lie, Kamala!!! Trump never said that... that's not true."

"Really Kamala!?... project 2025, national abortion ban, Trump is anti IVF... really!?"

"Don't tell us your history Kamala, answer the fücking question!"

"Mrs 'Trump caused it'."

"Mrs 'Bidenomics is working, but we need to fix the economy'."

I watched the debate hoping to see two minds talk deeply about policies, but no, all I saw were two aggrieved teenagers in adults bodies settling personal "you did not take me to prom night, and this is the reasons why I didn't do it" scores. It was an eyesore. I have to admit, the Nigerian presidential election was way better than this junk we call presidential debate. So much for being the champions of democracy.

Funny enough, Trump and Harris in their White orange masculinity brain, and black Indian feminine brain respectively would think they won the debate. So ridiculous.

WHO WON THE DEBATE?

Well, I'm tempted to say none, but Trump's finishing statement was the finisher. So because of that, I would say he won the debate by hitting home with that one despite his uncoordination, lies and off-point ramblings.

Kamala talked about very few beautiful polices e.g $50K tax deductions for small and medium size business start-ups (which I personally support), but if she really had the intentions of serving Americans with these policies, why didn't for the past three and half years of being the vice president of the United States of America ensure it was done, or at least made the effort to do it? If she really cared, why didn't she do it? She was and is the VP for three and half years, why not work with Biden to execute at least some, if not all, of those "sweet policies".

* You want to help the middle class, why didn't you do it or make efforts to do it for the three and half years as the VP of the Biden-Harris adminstration?

* You want to fix the economy, why didn't you do it for the three and half years as the VP of the Biden-Harris adminstration? And please remind me whose administration brought such inflation to the economy again? And please remind me who said Bidenomics is working?

* You want to establish a two state solution to end the Israeli-Hamas war, why haven't you and Biden made any effort towards that these past months?

* Regarding securing the border, tackling the Russia-Ukraine war, and restoring abortion to the federal level, why didn't you, in partnership with Biden, do them or made efforts to do them for the three and half years as the VP of the Biden-Harris adminstration?

If she didn't do them or made efforts to them, why and how should and can we trust her to do it?

Truth is, I was expecting Harris to address the elephant in the room... the elephant of the incompetence or underperformance of the Biden-Harris adminstration especially in matters of economy, border security, energy, global wars, cancel culture, radical woke etc, and why and how she was going to be better. If she had done this, she would have gotten my support.

As a liberal... moderate liberal, I'm not a supporter of neither, but after this debate, if I'm to pick a side, I would go with Trump because of;

* His concluding speech.
* Harris failure to address the above stated elephant in the room.
* Trump's performance when he was the president.

And that's my tiny tweeny two cent.

#Xavier

I don't know who won the debate, but I know one person achieved her set objectives while the other failed to do so, not because he didn't get the chance or because the moderators were biased, he didn't achieved his goal simply because of his inflated ego and weird obsession to irrelevant issues.

There can never be a fair or policy debate with someone like Trump. Trump hardly obey rules and or care about others. While all politicians lies, Trump lies are at another level, both necessary lies and stupid lies that can make you question your sanity.

The moderators, I don't know if they were biased but they gave Trump more time than Harris. For example, Trump kept asking for more time to rebut Harris like 5 times outside the time rule, and the moderators allowed him 4 out of the 5 times. The only time Harris wanted to rebut a false claim by Trump about taking all guns away, the moderators denied her, and she had to use another of her time slot to rebut that... But no one said the moderators were biased at that instance.

What clearly played out was Harris knowing Trump ahead of time, and knowing Trump doesn't play by the rules or stay on policies debates, and that he is all about winning the show and making his opponent look bad. She knew also from the polls that a high number of people still claim not to know her... So she decided to use the debate to achieve the following:

1. Introduce herself to the audience who don't know her. Reason why instead of answering the question on if the economy is better now, she was telling the audience about herself.

2. Get on Trump skin, derail him and make him look bad. She succeeded with this to a good extent.

3. Use the questions to simply sell out her key policies. And she succeeded with this too. I know there is need for more details, she can do that during interviews or rallies or those bus drives.

Some of you think she is not bright... But I saw a smart prosecutor sticking to her brief and goal, avoided questions that will generate bad press and wrong controversies. And IMO, she did make Trump look lesser than himself.

The question is, how many questions did Trump also successfully answered?

I don't know who won, but one thing is clear to all, Harris did not leave that debate worse than she came.

BTW, the claim that Trump won with closing argument on why Harris has not implement those ideas as VP is bullshit to me. We all know The VP doesn't have such power. Trump knows that and so do all educated people. Like how much of Pence's ideas were implemented under Trump?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 6:48pm
Joe Biden is such a good dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bilmnglwZfc
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 6:51pm
basilico:

This is so utterly nutz. What do you think this would have accomplished?
She is the Vice President, I'm sure the US government has better secret transmitters than that.
Did you look inside her ear canal? Are you sure that's her real ear? How do you know she doesn't have an embedded brain chip? How do you even know that's really Kamala? I mean she did sound less word salad-y? Right. Here's a thought, maybe they replaced Trump on the way to the stage.
You're being really lazy in your conspiracy theories.
Russia must be paying double-time post debate.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 6:54pm
Konkoja:

It's interesting and sad at the same time. What would these mob do when Trump is defeated in November?

These posts here are sad and may be the tip of the iceberg for what is to come.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 6:57pm
basilico:
Elon Musk reposted this.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1834176196797722907

Video has 22 million views. The lefties worst enemy is Elon Musk.

Rebekah Faidia: My father immigrated from Haiti to the United States in the late ’60s as a teenager. And I want to talk about these recent comments about the Haitians in Springfield, Ohio. I also want to say my father and I are now estranged, but I did know him in my very, very young years. And when he immigrated, he was one person, and they weren’t sending thousands of Haitians in one area. He wasn’t eating people’s pets and he didn’t practice voodoo. But he did say that most of the island, the majority of the island, does practice voodoo.

The reason they eat cats is for two reasons. Number one is survival. This is the poorest country in the Western hemisphere. You can’t just go to a food bank like you can here or just go to McDonald’s and get some free or cheap food. Unless, of course, there’s a Christian missionary there. People in the United States have a really hard time imagining that type of thing, but it is true. Second, they do do animal sacrifices for their religion, voodoo. They make these animal sacrifices to these gods for different reasons. You can do your own research on this.
Do I think voodoo is a demonic religion? Yes, I do. That doesn’t mean… Obviously, that doesn’t mean that you hate these people. These people need prayer. But you can’t just take over all these people from another country and expect it to work. Not to mention, it doesn’t fix the problems of that country. And there’s more people left in Haiti that we can bring over.

It’s not racist to acknowledge that this is a problem. It’s not racist to talk about these things that are happening. This is not just white Americans saying this is Black Americans. You can look at the people in Springfield, Ohio, saying that this is happening.
You all just want to joke about Trump and say that he’s crazy for saying that this is happening instead of actually checking at all to see if this is happening. You want to make jokes about these things. Well, what if it were happening to you and your community? And no, it’s beyond eating their pets, even though that is bad enough

I don't know whether it's true. I don't rely on TikTok videos I know most Haitians practice voodoo and that the animal sacrifices to their God are carefully selected and groomed because they give up their life for the god. Lwa or something like that.
cc lordreed

Its their culture. I believe they are eating animals illegally in Ohio
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 6:59pm
IjeBos:
Joe Biden is such a good dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bilmnglwZfc

Yeah, he is a trump fan. The thing to watch is how republicans or conservatives are very accepting to other opinions. Dems/liberals on the other hand 😭😭 driven by hatred

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 7:04pm
bemeruca:

Its their culture. I believe they are eating animals illegally in Ohio

basilico:
Elon Musk reposted this.

Blah Blah Blah

And you two, who live in Nigeria know better than the Republican Governor of Ohio who basically says that it is all Bullshit.
You can commence the, "he's a RINO" now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPPM4Q2955A
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 7:06pm
So many vexation on the last 2 pages.

What is really going on ?

grin

Give Kamala a chance cheesy
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 7:20pm
IjeBos:

And you two, who live in Nigeria know better than the Republican Governor of Ohio who basically says that it is all Bullshit.
You can commence the, "he's a RINO" now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPPM4Q2955A

I believe the people who live in Ohio saying they have seen geese pepper soup being made.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Xavier5(m): 7:20pm
IjeBos:

You're both siding this.
Imagine sitting in front of a fire hydrant/hose and trying to drink from it. That is tantamount to what any debate with Trump is like. It's a torrent of lies, BS and teenage insults. In that environment it is impossible to have a thorough debate on substance. It doesn't work when one party can lie every time he opens up his mouth. Go back and look at the past debates with say Obama and Romney. What has changed recently that's made the debates less policy driven.. Trump. The tell is that half the country supports a man that still doesn't have a health care policy 9 years later and thinks tariffs could take over tax revenue, that hospitals kill babies post birth and that immigrants eat dogs and cats.

And, honestly, you are making this argument with the belief that only if people did things perfectly will things be perfect. Biden could have made all the right economic decisions, that doesn't mean everything would be perfect esp. after Covid. There is inflation in Canada, they are blaming Trudeau. What you should do instead is look at the alternative policies and see if they would have made things better. What policies have Trump or the GOP proposed that would reduce inflation? None. Tax Cuts, inflationary. Tariffs, inflationary. Lower interest rates, inflationary. It's voodoo economics. That is the reason the Economy tends to fair better under Dems. They are comfortable letting the science(Economics) work. That is the reason an evil company like Goldman would endorse a Dem like Kamala.

Biden's failure was not explaining to the country what would happen. The same thing happened with Obama. The Republicans didn't want to bail out the auto companies, were talking about austerity, all the BS Vodoo economics they are known for. What happened. Obama stuck to his guns and the US faired better than other countries.

I'm a liberal, and my liberalism demands I call out bullshit as it is, irrespective of who the subject is, and that's what I did. I don't ass lick anybody. None of them pay my bills.

Note, this is not about Dems vs GOP, this is about Trump and Kamala, and their performance at the debate. Let's not shift ground here.

The debate was an embarrassment, it is what you would expect in a third country's presidential debate. Neither Trump and Harris were answering questions asked them about policies (although Kamala tried very little here compared to Trump. I say it as it is), rather all they did was spend vast majority of the time, beating about the bush, throw lies, rant off-point (Trump), and blame the other for their failures (Kamala).

You attempt to justify the above with the concept of Trump behaviors making policy discuss impossible, but need I remind you that Kamala was asked questions multiple times... questions which she dodged answering. Need I remind you that she had opportunities to address the elephant in the room, which was the incompetence and underperformance of the Biden-Harris adminstration, and tell how and why she can and will be better, but she didn't. Was it Trump that was in charge of her brain and mouth controller?

Look, I don't engage in unobjective task of defending any candidate or party simply because I'm a liberal. I call it as it is. The debate was trash... nothing short of comedy. I'm a fan of Obama, Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosy (who are Democrats), same way I'm a fan of Ronald Reagan, Ron DeSantes, and Vivek Ramaswamy (who are Republicans). I don't do parties, I do individuals.

Defending or trying to justify the underperformance of the Biden-Harris adminstration is unobjective. Defending the unpleasant performance of any of the candidates is unobjective. And that's something I, Xavier, will never be a party to. My liberalism says no. Gone were the day where you would listen to a presidential debate and be thrilled, but today you either get angry or you get wildly amused.

But I gave Trump the win because of his concluding speech despite his lies (which Kamala was equally guilty of), off-point ramblings, and uncoordination. The question he asked is one every American needs to reflect on.

I'm neither a supporter of Trump nor Harris. As a matter of fact, I wanted this election to be between Newsom and Vivek. Vivek was my preferred candidate because he's quality despite the fact that he's conservative and GOP. Do I agree with all of Vivek views? No, same way, I didn't agree with all of Hillary Clinton's view when I supported her in 2016, same goes with Obama. There's no law that says you must agree with your preferred candidates' view to support him or her. I support Vivek because he's very smart, vibrant, bold, engaging, charismatic and appears competent.

As a liberal, my liberalism demands me to be rational and objective, and rationality and objectivity demands I don't support party, but rather, candidates. It demands I focus on candidacy quality. This is what Dr. Phil was tasking his audience to do. If Americans do this, politicians and politcal parties will sit up. They will realize propaganda and shenanigans won't work, but rather quality in terms of candidacy and policies, and will be forced to give Americans those.

If this election were to be between Newsom and Vivek, it would have been a win win for America irrespective of who won due to candidacy quality.

I'm neither a supporter of Trump or Kamala, but IF, and that's a big if, I'm to support anyone, currently it will be Trump despite his unpleasant personality, because of;

* His concluding speech.
* The failure of Kamala to address the above stated elephant in the room.
* Trump's performance as President.
* Trump's talk-and-do personality (this personality isn't absolute though, but it's a highly attestable one)

If an unpleasant personality is the one that appears to be able to get the job done over the so called pleasant personality, then objectivity demands I go for the unpleasant personality. I don't need to like him, I just need to like what he would do as president.

#Xavier

(1) (2) (3) ... (4402) (4403) (4404) (4405) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: Xavier5(m), bemeruca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.