Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,779 members, 7,969,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 03:30 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1919033 Views)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections -- Trump's Presidency! - NOV. 5!! / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4474) (4475) (4476) (4477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 11:59pm On Oct 07
raumdeuter:

People in Kansas a reliably Republican state voted for abortion. I guess those people are not conservatives since they voted for abortion

There are some conservatives who are pro abortion, and some liberals who are anti abortion

you will be shocked how they go around showing their demagoguery without even knowing it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 12:02am
Xavier5:

But the sperm, bacteria, plant cells are not living human organisms. The question is not if the fetus is living, but if it's a human life... or in this case, a living human life.

The argument is not whether it has attained sentience, but if it's a living human organism. If it is, then who gives any one the right to kill a human life? If it is, and if human life irrespective of race, gender, intelligence, viability, socio-economic status, or stage of development, have intrinsic value (thanks to the universal intrinsic knowing of the value of human life), then who gives anyone the right to kill a human life with intrinsic value?

Also, according to your definition of personhood, new born babies and people on life support, aren't persons since they aren't viable enough to live independently. So in other words, we can take the life out of them. I'm so loving this view 😂😏😌

Calling a human life an unwanted object is the equivalence of Nazis and slave owners referring to Jews and blacks as Vermin and animals. Dehumanizing a human life is always the first step to committing crime against it or them. Talk about neo Nazism 😏

As far as the child will be well taken care of by parents or government child care systems, then why not? So what does that have to do with the fact that a human life... in this context, living human life is being killed.

#Xavier

The video below is from Kano, a highly Conservative state, where abortion obviously is illegal. The streets are littered with young boys and girls begging for food

https://youtube.com/shorts/_nEG-66dJZY?si=jklOe5ivbFHgX6pT

To me this is far more dehumanising than abortion.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 12:05am
I wrote a long post on liberals who oppose abortion and conservatives who support abortion but spaaambo00t wont let me post it

wirinet, budaatum, Xavier5

Is the person below Conservative or liberal?

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 12:08am
How is Xavier5 different from the man in this above?

A liberal actually a man Long term senator on the Democratic presidential ticket who oppose abortion
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 12:13am
Now to the flip side
wirinet budaatum, xavier5
Is the woman in the picture conservative or liberal?

She is a Republican Senator and supports abortion

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 12:21am
raumdeuter:
Now to the flip side

when you leave no room for nuance, you won't make any reasonable argument for who is a liberal and who is not.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 12:36am
raumdeuter:
I wrote a long post on liberals who oppose abortion and conservatives who support abortion but spaaambo00t wont let me post it

wirinet, budaatum, Xavier5

Is the person below Conservative or liberal?

I keep saying you have 0 idea how any of this works.
1.) There are lines in between. Someone can be not liberal and not conservative.
2.) You can be personally against abortion like me yet still believe it is a person's choice to make.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 12:38am
raumdeuter:
Now to the flip side

Murkowski is a known moderate.
Again, you have 0 idea how this works.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 12:44am
IjeBos:

1.) There are lines in between. Someone can be not liberal and not conservative.
2.) You can be personally against abortion like me yet still believe it is a person's choice to make.

Is Tim Kaine personally a liberal or a conservative given his opinions on abortion
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 12:46am
IjeBos:

Murkowski is a known moderate.
Again, you have 0 idea how this works.

How is Tim Kaines position different than Xavier5

Does Tim Kaine claim to be liberal?
Is he anti abortion?
Does Xavier5 claim to be liberal?
Is he anti abortion?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 12:52am
bemeruca:
when you leave no room for nuance, you won't make any reasonable argument for who is a liberal and who is not.

There are social conservatives, fiscal conservatives, social liberals, fiscal liberals etc and different iterations Thats why Guiliani, Charlie Baker can be conservatives who support abortion and Tin Kaine, Bob Casey are liberals who oppose abortion
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 1:02am
IjeBos:

Dude shut up you are not against abortion. And this shows how all over the place you are. Confused simply put.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 1:59am
raumdeuter:

How is Tim Kaines position different than Xavier5

Does Tim Kaine claim to be liberal?
Is he anti abortion?
Does Xavier5 claim to be liberal?
Is he anti abortion?

My mind can't even comprehend the rubbish you are asking.

Kaine considers himself a left leaning centrist or a moderate. Hence his positions.
Murkowski considers herself a Conservative leaning centrist or a moderate. Hence her positions.
Xavier claims to be a liberal. His positions are contrary to that. He may be a Nigerian liberal or like Murkowski a conservative leaning Moderate.

You somehow think that people must be either Conservative or Liberal.

You should really read a book. You don't understand how much you don't know because you don't read.
I'm not joking. Read some books or editorials in the Newspaper. May make you smarter. But you have such a deficit who knows.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4474) (4475) (4476) (4477) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.