Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,131 members, 7,880,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:38 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (968) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1732379 Views)

U.S Elections: Biden Fears The Worse With New Ruling / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (4221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kofimoses: 12:31am On Sep 15, 2020
Disstroy, let me give you my own answers so that maybe you could follow my model in order for this to be easy for both of us and the readers.

On the question of ideology. The pure definition and concept of liberalism is to be open-minded to new knowledge and deconstructing preconceived social barriers while conservatism is the puritanical preservation and maintaining of the traditional societal norms.
In simple terms, one is open minded and the other is close minded and seeks to maintain status quo.
Having pointed that out, I am a moderate liberal. It's important to point out my moderation because there is extremism on both spectrum.
I support the fundamental basic rights and equality for all people irrespective of sex, gender and sexual orientation.
I support the right of choice of a pregnant woman.
I support the repeal of the 2nd amendment and the complete dearmament of the masses.
I am irreligious and freethinking. I do not subscribe to any particular religion.
I am a pacifist and staunchly anti-military.
I am fiscally conservative.
These are a part of my personal ideology.

On the question of sources of information.
I listen to all top rated media corporations and try my best to seive out propaganda.
I watch both CNN and fox. I subscribe to Washington Post and the times. I also have the daily mail app on my phone. I subscribe to both conservative and democrats channels on YouTube.

This is so that i don't fall into social media echo chambers that only tell me what i want to hear. I listen to both sides.

To be continued.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 1:08am On Sep 15, 2020
kofimoses:

Your entire argument is mired in casuistry and sophistry. You are neither here nor there.
I asked you straight forward questions but you decided to provide complex non-answers.
Are you religious? Ans; I am spiritual but i don't go to church or admire any preacher. (how does this work?)
Religion is just a set of doctrines. If you mean religion in terms of going to Sunday services and dancing and all the antics they engage in on regular days? No. That's nonsense.

You can be religious and not be spiritual. Religions is based on doctrines adhere to in the cause of understanding God or anything you serve. Spirituality with God is your personal relationship with God.

A religious person would flood the pages of Nairaland or pray the loudest in church to impress onlookers but might be worse off privately. A spiritual person knows those quiet moments of solitude mean more, and it shows in the way he approaches life even when he knows nobody is watching 'cause there's a supreme being (God) watching. smiley

2nd question: what are your trusted sources of information? Ans; I don't listen to fox or CNN because the're biased. (you still do not answer the question)

One of the first things you'd learn in any philosophy class or from any such book is, question everything and only accept them as true until the facts can be analyzed. In this age and time, anyone who depends on one or two sources as his sole information hub is a fóól.

WikiLeaks, for example, is trusted by almost everyone outside the corridors of government power but I cross-check what I read from there. When Julian Assange was negotiating his freedom and right of passage with the Ecuadorian government while finding refuge in its London Embassy, he could have been turned. He could have done anything to gain favour with them. There are so many sources for information (which have antecedence of being relatively unbiased). I'd never depend on just one.

A truly educated and rational persons gets several versions of any issue and perspectives of it before forming his own opinion on the said issue.

3rd question; are you philosophically liberal or conservative SOCIALLY? ans; I am a mix of both, (you still do not answer the specific question). Except you didn't understand the question. My question meant, do you support equal rights for LGBTQ people? Do you support the militirazation of the police? Do you oppose the repeal of th 2nd amendment and stronger background checks for possession of firearms? Do you support the notion of equality of all humans irrespective of sexes and genders? Do you support the right to choice of a pregnant woman?

These are all part of liberal policies and ideologies. You didn't give any clear answers to any of these.

-I'm pro-life (as long as carrying the child to term woulldn't risk the life of its mother medically).
-LGBTQI is the most unnatural thing to accept ever. But I don't support brutality against them as long as they keep whatever they do within their circle and don't force it down the throats of others.
-The police has always been a paramilitary organization. It should never be anything less or more. Just what it is.
-There has to be background check for anyone wielding a gun and the weapons should be government-sanctioned, while not taking away the right of a people to defend itself.
-I support humans getting a level playing field for anything. Everyone has to earn any riight they seek and no special favours, male or female.
-There are only 2 genders: Male and female.

4th question? What draws you to trump?
Why Trump? A question I've answered in more ways than one? He tells it as it is.
-He's not a political jobber but a business man.
One of his campaign slogans was, "Let's run American like a business". Meaning, if it's not paying us, we'd stop investing. America was losing money to the needless wars so he started withdrawing.
-First President not a start a war in 40 years.
-Negotiated the Israel-Arab peace deals (further reducing the chances of a full-blown war in the whole of that region).
-Exposed the hypocrisy of the mainstream media for what it is. (I did mention bias from either side earlier on).
-Before Coronavirus, increase reduced the unemployment rate to 3.5 percent (lower than Obama could).
-Demystified the office of the POTUS.
-Keeps interacting with any and everyone directly via social media and refused to insulate himself from the people.
-Bold and fearless (you read of Buhari admitting Trump asked him why he was targeting adherents of a certain religion).
-Put Iran in its place. (Paying Iran billions like Obama did was a betrayal to all peace-loving people and countries as Iran sponsors terrorism).
Trump was the answer to being tired about Obama's betrayal (of peace, of blacks, of the expectations in 2008...). I could go on.

With Trump, you'd know he's the one in control and you know who you are dealing with. With the others before him, you know they are being controlled with party leaders calling the shots.

you made one point saying he doesn't bother about being politically correct and then went on a garrulous narration of past presidents, still not fully addressing qualities of trump that attracts you to him.
Careful. You're breaching the terms of engagement you stepped into the light with. You risk shredding them with your choice of words. Pick a side: Hurling insults or having completely civil and rational exchanges between us on the afore-highlighted topical issues.
We've already established brutal cusswords or the most gentlemanly lexical exchanges, I'd ride either chariot first to the finish line. It's a game of wits after all. smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 15, 2020

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 1:15am On Sep 15, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTVwXhAOpwk
God bless Lincoln Project. That's a devastating ads against Don the Con who got conned by his henchmen. The biggest surprise to him is coming on Nov 3rd when we will dispose him off like a rotten garbage that he's.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 15, 2020
SonofLincoln:
God bless Lincoln Project. That's a devastating ads against Don the Con who got conned by his henchmen. The biggest surprise to him is coming on Nov 3rd when we will dispose him off like a rotten garbage that he's.

I am just counting the days to evict the morbidly obese buffoon

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 1:25am On Sep 15, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

I am just counting the days to evict the morbidly obese buffoon
Less than 50 days from now and I hope President Biden will appoint his interim Secretaries the same week to be a Check and Balances ( Shadow Government ) on Trump's Scorched Earth Policies before he left the office on Jan 20. He will try to burn the country down in the transition period before he hands over.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 15, 2020
SonofLincoln:
Less than 50 days from now and I hope President Biden will appoint his interim Secretaries the same week to be a Check and Balances ( Shadow Government ) on Trump's Scorched Earth Policies before he left the office on Jan 20. He will try to burn the country down in the transition period before he hands over.

Much expected, but him and his cronies will regret their actions if they try to.

I cant imagine the celebration around the world when Trump is booted out of the WH.

It will be a worldwide shame on himself, and family. The name Donald and Trump will henceforth be synonymous with Evil

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 15, 2020
“I steered a man into the White House who’s absolutely morally bankrupt,"

Michael Cohen

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kofimoses: 2:29am On Sep 15, 2020
DissTroy:
Religion is just a set of doctrines. If you mean religion in terms of going to Sunday services and dancing and all the antics they engage in on regular days? No. That's nonsense.

You can be religious and not be spiritual. Religions is based on doctrines adhere to in the cause of understanding God or anything you serve. Spirituality with God is your personal relationship with God.

A religious person would flood the pages of Nairaland or pray the loudest in church to impress onlookers but might be worse off privately. A spiritual person knows those quiet moments of solitude mean more, and it shows in the way he approaches life even when he knows nobody is watching 'cause there's a supreme being (God) watching. smiley

One of the first things you'd learn in any philosophy class or from any such book is, question everything and only accept them as true until the facts can be analyzed. In this age and time, anyone who depends on one or two sources as his sole information hub is a fóól.

WikiLeaks, for example, is trusted by almost everyone outside the corridors of government power but I cross-check what I read from there. When Julian Assange was negotiating his freedom and right of passage with the Ecuadorian government while finding refuge in its London Embassy, he could have been turned. He could have done anything to gain favour with them. There are so many sources for information (which have antecedence of being relatively unbiased). I'd never depend on just one.
A truly educated and rational persons gets several versions of any issue and perspectives of it before forming his own opinion on the said issue.

I was about getting into the trump issue before you posted your reply.

First of all, I see how you disingenuously discredited Obama's precedence and appraised Trump for something's that could only have been possible but for Obama.

You focused on two things in your effusion of praise for Trump. Military foreign policy and the economy. But you have conveniently left out that Obama left behind a relatively good, growing and stable economy and also a relatively peaceful globe.

You are giving an extremely simplistic view of the whole issue. For instance, you are praising Trump for not starting any war and criticizing Obama but this same Obama ran on a platform of anti war rhetoric. He was staunchly against the Iraq War started falsely by the bush administration and began pulling out the troops from Iraq and started campaigning for peace and justice in the Middle East. A campaign that got him the Nobel peace prize and started the Arab spring, a revolution that paradoxically led to the war in Afghanistan. If you know you're history well, you'll know that Obama did not wish to engage the US military in further wars in the Middle East but events called for it namely the chaos of the ensuing Arab spring which the terrorist further capitalized on and Russia's growing involvement in the Middle East and it's annexation of Crimea forced Obama's hand.
Finally, It's actually somehow a negative paradox when we have to be happy that a US president does not start a war.

Now unto the economy, Obama inherited a shambolic economy from the bush administration and turned it around and set it on a path of a stable upward mobility which trump inherited (again, unlike the economy bush left behind) and now, the economy has fallen flat because of trump's ineptitude in handling the crises.

Furthermore you say you like trump because he doesn't care about being politically correct but there is a reason it is named so. A political leader bears the responsibility of leading EVERYONE irrespective of differences in beliefs. To do this effectively, a political leader has to be very careful with his utterances in order not to sow discord amongst his subjects or incite violence against his fellow subjects, that births the term politically correct, they are simply some controversial words and terms a political leader should avoid in order to maintain civility, harmony and peace.

When a popular politician begins to breach this wall and throws caution to the wind, violence and social unrest ensues, which is what you are seeing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kofimoses: 2:47am On Sep 15, 2020
Disstroy, America has now become a hotbed of social unrest because you have a leader who throws all forms of civility out the window. A leader who doesn't care how his word's incite violence, a leader who lacks the capacity to act as a mediator between factions.

Trump feeds on the fear of his followers, he seeks to constantly keep his followers apprehensive and fearful of their fellow countrymen despite being a leader for all.
He has cemented the division that plagues America and the end product is the breaking point of tensions and the ensuing break down of law and order.

You say he interacts with the people via his social media, this is blatantly false, as you can see, he doesn't "interact" with anybody, all he does is spread and amplify his very controversial and divisive rhetoric. That's not interaction, that's simply having a wider platform to sow discord.

I don't know what you mean by "demystifying the presidency". Americans have always taken pride in the fact that their leaders are very accessible, the white house is very open for all citizens once you apply, as a matter of fact, it can be argued that trump has began insulating the people from their white house by being the first president to set up further walls and barricades from it.

You can't argue that the trump's administration is one of the most corrupt administrations the US has ever seen and the most nepostic in recent memories with his own family members filling senior executive positions and the obvious financial conflict of interest.

Lastly, it can be said boldly that TRUMP IS THE MOST UNPRESIDENTIAL PRESIDENT.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 2:51am On Sep 15, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Much expected, but him and his cronies will regret their actions if they try to.

I cant imagine the celebration around the world when Trump is booted out of the WH.

It will be a worldwide shame on himself, and family. The name Donald and Trump will henceforth be synonymous with Evil

You are spot on my Brother. Trump's name is equivalent of Satan in many people's mind already. The good news is that his days at the Oval office are numbered.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 2:54am On Sep 15, 2020
woodsbeatrice30:
Trump is the only one socially distancing at his rally...The one to start in Arizona tonight.. grin That Man is a nutcase and his supporters are the most stupid set of people to walk planet earth..He is socially distancing while he wants his supporters to go to hell and die..does he not know if they die he will even lose votes? grin grin
He needs them for props. He won't mind even paying them just to show up after the embarrassing turn out in Oklahoma grin

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 2:54am On Sep 15, 2020
And you wonder why the campaign is running out of funds grin

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 2:54am On Sep 15, 2020
kofimoses:
Disstroy, America has now become a hotbed of social unrest because you have a leader who throws all forms of civility out the window. A leader who doesn't care how his word's incite violence, a leader who lacks the capacity to act as a mediator between factions.

Trump feeds on the fear of his followers, he seeks to constantly keep his followers apprehensive and fearful of their fellow countrymen despite being a leader for all.
He has cemented the division that plagues America and the end product is the breaking point of tensions and the ensuing break down of law and order.
You are absolutely right. The sad thing about Trump is that once he won the Presidency in 2016, all Americans no matter their political affiliation or ethnic backgrounds are your base and you will try to unify the whole country. The bigot in him can't let him do that because he sees himself as a President of Red States of America where his Klans and Nazis followers reside. Thank God we have an opportunity to show our dissent on Nov 3rd.

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 3:00am On Sep 15, 2020
Even his twitter followers seems dodgy. Majority of those active on there are just following the orange turd to make a mockery of him grin

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 3:04am On Sep 15, 2020
salford1:
Even his twitter followers seems dodgy. Majority of those active on there are just following the orange turd to make a mockery of him grin
70 to 75% of his followers on Twitter don't care about him. I used to follow him and I am surprised how much hatred Americans have for him even on his own Twitter page.

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 3:07am On Sep 15, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTVwXhAOpwk
This guys are fingering Trump's brain cheesy

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 3:10am On Sep 15, 2020
SonofLincoln:
70 to 75% of his followers on Twitter don't care about him. I used to follow him and I am surprised how much hatred Americans have for him even on his own Twitter page.
You were close grin

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gesundheit: 3:12am On Sep 15, 2020
@kofimoses, you have ample of time on your hand, the brain fart you trying to have a conversation with is the dumbest shit on the milky way. The middle east peace and starting wars just gave out his ignorance on the subject. We are droning countries at record number since Drumpf, he literally cancelled reporting drone death since 2017, after setting record of all previous government combined.

Middle east peace is between Palestine and Israel or Saudi Arabia and Iran. He's siding the oppressive side in this endeavour and produce one of the dumbest and shittiest peace framework, the Palestinians ain't even coming to the table anymore, after we clearly took side in the fight. Obama created peace pact with Cuba and made a G-7 approved peace deal with Iran, only for the toddler in chief to throw it in the trash can, our G-7 partners just send us the middle finger last month on Pompeo's additional Iran sanction BS. When you realize the dude is another romance section halfwit, you will understand his dumbassery.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ribbit: 6:31am On Sep 15, 2020
salford1:
Never thought Lindsey was this dumb.
Throwing stones in a glass house grin
that's the height of hypocrisy.

And that's exactly the biggest problem with American politics today.

The brazen hypocrisy and lies.

Just so annoying.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 7:28am On Sep 15, 2020
salford1:

He needs them for props. He won't mind even paying them just to show up after the embarrassing turn out in Oklahoma grin
Stop allowing your ignorance to deceive you, Oklahoma will always go for Trump and he will easily fill up any venue even those three times that size in Oklahoma. Some democrat losers went and used tik tok to book up most of the tickets early and when real Trump supporters tried to book they were told the event was already booked to capacity. That's how shallow democrats are, instead of looking for how they can reach out to the people to vote for them, they concentrate on sabotaging Trump's rallies just like they attempted to do again in Nevada.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 7:37am On Sep 15, 2020
kofimoses:

You say he interacts with the people via his social media, this is blatantly false, as you can see, he doesn't "interact" with anybody, all he does is spread and amplify his very controversial and divisive rhetoric. That's not interaction, that's simply having a wider platform to sow discord.

I don't know what you mean by "demystifying the presidency". Americans have always taken pride in the fact that their leaders are very accessible, the white house is very open for all citizens once you apply, as a matter of fact, it can be argued that trump has began insulating the people from their white house by being the first president to set up further walls and barricades from it.

You can't argue that the trump's administration is one of the most corrupt administrations the US has ever seen and the most nepostic in recent memories with his own family members filling senior executive positions and the obvious financial conflict of interest.

The only reason there is chaos on the streets is because, liberal mayors and governors told their police to stand down and allowed criminals to take over the streets. Trump will wipe those miscreants off the streets in a few days if the constitution allowed him. Americans are not dumb, they know those who are allowing criminals to ruin their cities and it's the democrats. A black man was shot by a police man from a police department run by democrats, in a city run by democrats, in a state run by democrats and Democrats used that as an excuse to allow thugs take over their cities and cause chaos. Every American right now want their cities to be as peaceful as the republican run cities, not as violent as the democrat run cities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 7:45am On Sep 15, 2020
kofimoses:

You are not even making any logical argument like disstroy is doing, you are just spitting democrat talking points without any evidence to back it up. For instance, you said Disstroy's statement is blatantly false about Trump engaging his supporters through twitter and your evidence to disprove what he is saying? Trump admin is the most corrupt, your evidence? One more thing, Trump is the most presidential president, He was elected to fight for America and that's what he is doing, fighting for America.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 8:02am On Sep 15, 2020
Goodvibes007:

Salford was right all along. He is just another IPOB that learnt a few words of yoruba that he throws around on the thread.

Majority of his posts are filled with cursing Tinubu or Buhari. No wonder Salford asked him if he had prayed for Buhari and The jagaban of Nigeria smiley

Poverty is really bad especially when it's Buhari induced.

He would completely lost the last but of sanity left in him once Tinubu becomes the president after Buhari.
Man, did you even read the illogical nonsense you wrote before posting it? If criticizing Buhari and Tinubu makes someone not to be a yoruba person then people like FFK, Fayose, Obasanjo, Ayo Adebanjo, Deji Adeyanju, Omoyele Sowore e.t.c are what? Hausa people?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Hyperchi(m): 8:53am On Sep 15, 2020
itchie:

Man, did you even read the illogical nonsense you wrote before posting it? If criticizing Buhari and Tinubu makes someone not to be a yoruba person then people like FFK, Fayose, Obasanjo, Ayo Adebanjo, Deji Adeyanju, Omoyele Sowore e.t.c are what? Hausa people?

leave that fool, only what he know is to post old news from CNN as if they paid him to do that. both coronavirus and his goon's sleep and eat on this thread.
that how kofimoses said Obama left global peace. in Libya or between the Koreans , between boko haram and Nigeria govt.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Chachess6: 9:10am On Sep 15, 2020
Hyperchi:

leave that fool, only what he know is to post old news from CNN as if they paid him to do that. both coronavirus and his goon's sleep and eat on this thread.
that how kofimoses said Obama left global peace. in Libya or between the Koreans , between boko haram and Nigeria govt.
That coronavirus guys got me grin
I swear character full this thread
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Chachess6: 9:12am On Sep 15, 2020
itchie:

They always think anyone that abuse buhari is IPOB
grin
please don't correct them, let them keep fooling themselves
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AbdulSleeky: 10:36am On Sep 15, 2020
DissTroy:

Why Trump? A question I've answered in more ways than one? He tells it as it is.
-He's not a political jobber but a business man.
One of his campaign slogans was, "Let's run American like a business". Meaning, if it's not paying us, we'd stop investing. America was losing money to the needless wars so he started withdrawing.
-First President not a start a war in 40 years.
-Negotiated the Israel-Arab peace deals (further reducing the chances of a full-blown war in the whole of that region).
-Exposed the hypocrisy of the mainstream media for what it is. (I did mention bias from either side earlier on).
-Before Coronavirus, increase reduced the unemployment rate to 3.5 percent (lower than Obama could).
-Demystified the office of the POTUS.
-Keeps interacting with any and everyone directly via social media and refused to insulate himself from the people.
-Bold and fearless (you read of Buhari admitting Trump asked him why he was targeting adherents of a certain religion).
-Put Iran in its place. (Paying Iran billions like Obama did was a betrayal to all peace-loving people and countries as Iran sponsors terrorism).
Trump was the answer to being tired about Obama's betrayal (of peace, of blacks, of the expectations in 2008...). I could go on.

With Trump, you'd know he's the one in control and you know who you are dealing with. With the others before him, you know they are being controlled with party leaders calling the shots.

You and Candace Owens are very alike. Both of you have the special ability to be both well spoken and idiotic at the same time.

Every single point about Trump in your comment is a half truth. LIES!!!

1. Lie number one- Trump is the first president to avoid starting a war. FALSE!! Obama did not start any war.

2. Lie number two- Trump is a business man or he runs america like a business. FALSE!! Trump is a daddy's boy that inherited money and has declared bankctrupcy more than once. He is currently running america like his inheritance and has overspent, embezzled and left America in bigger debt.

3. Lie number three- Negotiated Isreal-Arab peace deals. FALSE!! Those business deals between Isreal and other Arab countries were already in place years before Trump's presidency. Furthermore, the only peace deal that matters in thst region is between Isreal and Palestine- which Trump fails at

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Chachess6: 11:01am On Sep 15, 2020
https://twitter.com/i/status/1305746123554869249

Can any democrat here fact check this.....

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

You and Candace Owens are very alike. Both of you have the special ability to be both well spoken and idiotic at the same time.

1. Lie number one- Trump is the first president to avoid starting a war. FALSE!! Obama did not start any war.

2. Lie number two- Trump is a business man or he runs america like a business. FALSE!! Trump is a daddy's boy that inherited money and has declared bankctrupcy more than once. He is currently running america like his inheritance and has overspent, embezzled and left America in bigger debt.

3. Lie number three- Negotiated Isreal-Arab peace deals. FALSE!! Those business deals between Isreal and other Arab countries were already in place years before Trump's presidency. Furthermore, the only peace deal that matters in thst region is between Isreal and Palestine- which Trump fails at

Obama started the Syrian war. He supported Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt which was an outlawed org. Ill come to that.
He started the Arab uprising. How. He went around in his first trip to Egypt. In Cairo the leaders of the MB were seated at the front to the chagrin of Mubarak who had yes inhumanely persecuted them. Obama knew what was best for Egypt than they themselves so he prevailed upon Mubarak to step down when thw Arab uprising picked steam. He even pushed for Morsi release after Gen Sisi took over.
I wonder how you keep supporting Obama. A wolf in sheepskin.

[b]

A sign that the Obama
administration is willing to publicly
challenge Egypt's commitment to
parliamentary democracy: various
Middle Eastern news sources report
that the administration insisted that
at least 10 members of the Muslim
Brotherhood, the country's chief
opposition party, be allowed to
attend his speech in Cairo on
Thursday.The brotherhood is a
Salafist party with
branches in many countries, and it
does not have a reputation for
liberalism and has supported violent
campaigns against Israel (and
Egypt's own government). It has
deep roots in the region and traces
its intellectual lineage to Sayyid
Qutb, a top American-educated
Islamic intellectual who was
executed -- or martyred -- by the
Egyptian government in 1966. The
Brotherhood has direct links with
Sunni groups like Hamas in the
Palestinian territories. Its standing
in Egypt has suffered as of late
because of a crackdown by the
Egyptian government and a growing
frustration that it is too conservative
(anti-women's rights, the whole
gamut) for a modern Middle East.
Still, it's the largest Sunni opposition
party in the world.

[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
White House blocks Navarro from testifying to House panel about ventilator deal

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/14/peter-navarro-ventilator-deal-testimony-blocked-414799

The White House has blocked trade adviser Peter Navarro from testifying at a House oversight hearing Wednesday about a partially canceled Defense Production Act contract to manufacture ventilators.

Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-Ill.), who heads the Oversight Economic and Consumer Policy Subcommittee, issued a staff report in late July that argued the administration vastly overpaid Philips Respironics, agreeing to a $646.7 million deal without even trying to negotiate a lower price.

“Despite the astonishing scale of this waste, the loss of more than 190,000 lives and his willingness to appear on the cable news shows of his choice—Mr. Navarro refuses to appear before Congress to answer for his actions,” Krishnamoorthi said in a statement.

Michael Purpura, deputy counsel to President Donald Trump, wrote to Krishnamoorthi on Sept. 9 that the White House would not make Navarro available.

“In accordance with long-standing Executive Branch precedent that presidential advisers generally do not testify in Congress, we respectfully decline the invitation,” Purpura wrote.

...coming from the most transparent administration in US history...

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Chachess6: 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

You tag Candace Owen as an idiot grin
Kai !
Nairaland can boost people's ego oooo
grin
Welcome to nairaland where fools give advice
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (4221) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.