Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,790 members, 7,935,373 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:20 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (993) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1851325 Views)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections -- Trump's Presidency! - NOV. 5!! / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (4365) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:10am On Sep 20, 2020
Kachills:

You people and all these your funny polls. Joni Ernst will easily beat her opponent in Iowa, Trump will also win Iowa and Ohio. The so called polls keep saying they are both battleground states but all elections results since 2016 show both states trending red, the results haven't even been close.
You are currently out of touch with reality
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:15am On Sep 20, 2020
Nuel4:
lol. The only way any of these things will happen is if the GOP senate are morons but as we all know they're the exact opposite of that. They're mostly old white men who have been in the senate for over 20 years. Mitch sensed a sliver of opportunity in 2016, 11 months from election, a far longer and riskier shot and did everything to make sure he got his party a Conservative judge against all odd but you somehow believe they're going to screw this up when they hold all the cards? Lol

Susan hasn't stood by anything. She's not committed to anything. She didn't say she'd be voting no. You'd surprised to see Romney voting yes. He hates Trump, yes but not the Republican party. He is not up for reelection he has no reason to allow SCOTUS seat slip. He always vote yes in confirmation of judges according to Mitch.

The young voters will only be motivated as you predicted if the GOP fail to ram through a confirmation. The moment the GOP put Amy or Barbara there the whole thing will become a lost cause for those young Liberal women and they will all resort to rioting which will further hurt the democrat.

Anyone with a discerning brain, who isn't living in delusion already knows how this is going to end. This whole thing will be settled as early as second week of October.
You think Lindsey Graham will publicly make a fool of himself if he weren't already sure of enough votes to see the whole thing through?
Don't set yourself up for a massive heartbreak
Ok.By January we go dey alright
And when the democrats play dirty like these repubs don't complain or call them hypocrites also remember the elections are around the corner don't you dare say this will not motivate them the nominee will likely not be confirmed until after the elections read up.It has only motivated the liberal base and others who have fought for many issues time past.If you think that by January the democrats will not rectify this you are only delusional and deceiving yourself because right now a lot is at stake.Riots don't hurt the democrats Mr it is Trump's delusional supporters that say that.There won't be any riots let the elections come first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:17am On Sep 20, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp0_dK3mvr4
Finally the lincoln project has spoken I was wondering why they had been silent since.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:26am On Sep 20, 2020
Good one from project lincoln grin

Someone was already asking if project lincoln guys don fall in line as them hear conservative judge.Apparently NO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 20, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

And when the democrats play dirty like these repubs don't complain or call them hypocrites also remember the elections are around the corner don't you dare say this will not motivate them the nominee will likely not be confirmed until after the elections read up.It has only motivated the liberal base and others who have fought for many issues time past.If you think that by January the democrats will not rectify this you are only delusional and deceiving yourself because right now a lot is at stake.Riots don't hurt the democrats Mr it is Trump's delusional supporters that say that.There won't be any riots let the elections come first.

I'm not really saying that the GOP are doing anything good or bad I'm just pointing out the reality. It's better to be realistic.
The left always allow fools with blue checkmarks on Twitter and the media to give them false hopes

Actually the recent riots ended up hurting the democrats. At first it was helping them until Trump was able to push the Law and order narrative and fools like mayor of portland overplayed himself. That's the only reason Biden is out there campaigning. We all know that he wasn't going to campaign normally. He was crushing everything while hiding at home until fools started terrorising white people, the most important demographic in US elections
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:34am On Sep 20, 2020
Nuel4:
I'm not really saying that the GOP are doing anything good or bad I'm just pointing out the reality. It's better to be realistic.
The left always allow fools with blue checkmarks on Twitter and the media to give them false hopes
Realistic yet hypocritical No problem.
Apparently I am not seeing those hopes ending on twitter.
I see them around me and the lines of people that have already voted and those voting by mail

So it is not false hope it is very very real
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 20, 2020
AmazonTopaz:
Realistic yet hypocritical No problem.
Apparently I am not seeing those hopes ending on twitter.
I see them around me and the lines of people that have already voted and those voting by mail

So it is not false hope it is very very real
everybody is a hypocrites though.
It's just the situation that brings out the hypocrisy in all of us.
If Democrats had both the white House and the senate and a Conservative judge died 2 weeks to an election we all know the Dems will do the same thing
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kopfschmerzen12: 6:59am On Sep 20, 2020
Nuel4:
If Democrats had both the white House and the senate and a Conservative judge died 2 weeks to an election we all know the Dems will do the same thing

Mitch change all that when he blocked Merrick Garland and Debo Akingbile.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:17am On Sep 20, 2020
Nuel4:
We know they will do same but why did Mitch do what he did in 2016 he set that precedent very dishonest hypocrites.
The dems would have done same but at least hold those republicans by their words but no they have no accountability at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 20, 2020
kopfschmerzen12:

no. He used his power. According to what Trump said few hours ago "that's the consequences of losing the election" Obama lost the senate so he didn't have the votes to appoint whomever he wanted. The people who had the votes used their constitutional power
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 20, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

We know they will do same but why did Mitch do what he did in 2016 he set that precedent very dishonest hypocrites.
The dems would have done same but at least hold those republicans by their words but no they have no accountability at all.
actually Mitch used his own political power. Dirty, yes but it was legit. Democrats have every reason to do the same but unfortunately for them they don't the votes so their opinion does not even count this time around again. The only thing they can bank on is GOP screwing up which will definitely not happen.
GOP will make calls and gather the votes, once they get 50 they'd let one or two senators break rank and bring in Mike Pence for the extra vote. This thing is just so easily settled. This seat issue is just a waste of time

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:42am On Sep 20, 2020
Nuel4:
actually Mitch used his own political power. Dirty, yes but it was legit. Democrats have every reason to do the same but unfortunately for them they don't the votes so their opinion does not even count this time around again. The only thing they can bank on is GOP screwing up which will definitely not happen.
GOP will make calls and gather the votes, once they get 50 they'd let one or two senators break rank and bring in Mike Pence for the extra vote. This thing is just so easily settled. This seat issue is just a waste of time
Ok let us see.
I won't say I feel sorry for the republicans when this backfires on them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Zuorom: 7:58am On Sep 20, 2020
kopfschmerzen12:

Your brain power in watts won't power a bulb.
Stupid fool, is that the best you can offer? So you couldn't get any more inspiration from smoking your prostitute mother's dirty pubic hairs?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Zuorom: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2020
kopfschmerzen12:

Damn!!! Dude try to be creative, all your post just confirms that you are genetically dumb. You are the warning sign to all mothers to stay away from overdosing on amphetamines during pregnancy.
I can only put on an effort to be creative if I want to impress intelligent humans. unfortunately you are not one of them, you are a stupid monkey and a raving lunatic, bluntness is the only thing that works with a wild animal like you. Foolish idiot, your father's foolishness has obviously been passed on to you in a double measure.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 8:22am On Sep 20, 2020
Nuel4:
no. He used his power. According to what Trump said few hours ago "that's the consequences of losing the election" Obama lost the senate so he didn't have the votes to appoint whomever he wanted. The people who had the votes used their constitutional power
You guys are so shallow minded. You fail to realise that what goes around comes around. This was exactly what I said when president jonathan was skewing cabinet positions and appointments with "his people", and when people from the south west complained, you guys told them to go Bleep themselves. What happened? Buhari came in and did 100 times worse than Jonathan. Now its you guys crying foul.

When it was Obama's turn to nominate a supreme Court judge, the Republicans dominated senate stalled and refused to even allow a confirmation hearing, claiming it was an election year, a full 11months before an election. Now, a sit is vacant just 6 weeks to elections and the Republican dominated senate insists it's the right of the president to nominate a replacement even if it's an election week.

What you guys fail to realise is that democracy survives on good faith by all parties involved. When one party decides to start playing by bad faith and dishonest means, the whole structure starts to crumble. Republicans will not control the executive and the senate forever. The minute the democrats take control of both, they would do 100 worse things than the Republicans are doing now. It might be the next elections or the next after that. The democrats can simply expands the Supreme Court and nominate judges to get the majority. They would ram through some legislations just to get an advantage. I must also mention that it's a very dangerous precedence to politicise judges and the courts.
I pray to be alive to watch you guys wail endlessly when this happens as you guys are wailing now with Buhari.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Zuorom: 8:24am On Sep 20, 2020
kopfschmerzen12:

I said it that you are a stupid and ignorant monkey, just sit your ignorant monkey ass down and take a lesson from this intelligent human. Republicans were not in control of the Senate when Debo Adegbile was nominated, democrats were in control with a big majority and Harry Reid was the Senate majority leader. Many democrat senators voted against his nomination and I don't even know why you are bringing his name into this discussion because he wasn't nominated for supreme court justice, he was nominated to serve as an assistant attorney general and he was rejected by a democrat controlled Senate. Take your stupid ignorant ass out of your here and stop spreading ignorance on this thread. Empty headed, big for nothing fool!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Zuorom: 8:27am On Sep 20, 2020
wirinet:

You guys are so shallow minded. You fail to realise that what goes around comes around. This was exactly what I said when president jonathan was skewing cabinet positions and appointments with "his people", and when people from the south west complained, you guys told them to go Bleep themselves. What happened? Buhari came in and did 100 times worse than Jonathan. Now its you guys crying foul.

When it was Obama's turn to nominate a supreme Court judge, the Republicans dominated senate stalled and refused to even allow a confirmation hearing, claiming it was an election year, a full 11months before an election. Now, a sit is vacant just 6 weeks to elections and the Republican dominated senate insists it's the right of the president to nominate a replacement even if it's an election week.

What you guys fail to realise is that democracy survives on good faith by all parties involved. When one party decides to start playing by bad faith and dishonest means, the whole structure starts to crumble. Republicans will not control the executive and the senate forever. The minute the democrats take control of both, they would do 100 worse things than the Republicans are doing now. It might be the next elections or the next after that. The democrats can simply expands the Supreme Court and nominate judges to get the majority. They would ram through some legislations just to get an advantage. I must also mention that it's a very dangerous precedence to politicise judges and the courts.
I pray to be alive to watch you guys wail endlessly when this happens as you guys are wailing now with Buhari.
After what Democrats have done in the past four years, they have lost every right to talk about good faith. Didn't they know it was an election year when they rushed to impeach the president? Good faith was thrown out of the window the moment Democrats decided to play dirty from the moment Trump was sworn in.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 20, 2020
wirinet:

they didn't even have to give any reason for stalling. They did their job which was check and balance the power of the president. If the Democrats expand the seats what do you think would stop the Republicans from doing the same when they take back power. The GOP hasn't even broken a single law.
You don't even know anything yet you are opening that your gutter to call someone shallow.
Is it even the democrats that ram a sham impeachment along party lines which they couldn't even mention a single crime they were accusing the president of that you are trying to pretend have done any better? Abuse of power that they impeached Trump for is not a crime. It is vague and too open. That's similar to a judge jailing you because someone said you are wicked. The two parties are dirty.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PremierGuy(m): 8:48am On Sep 20, 2020
AmazonTopaz:
It would be worthy to note that after Kavanaugh's confirmation in 2018 4 democrats lost their seat.
And when the republicans not only confirmed Kavanaugh and talked about repealing ACA the democrats got 40 seats in the house because of the high turnout.

If anything is in play here and what 2018 and the primaries have shown us is that the democratic turnout will be massive this year 40 million democrats did not vote in 2016 and there is a high record of voter registration what matters right now is turnout.

The democrats win when many people vote no wonder Trumptards were trying to intimidate voters in Fairfax today it does not favour the republicans right now.

When Ruth Nader Ginsburg was confirmed in 1993, it was a 96-4, which as toxic partisan as the Senate was. Compared to what we have now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PremierGuy(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2020
Zuorom:

After what Democrats have done in the past four years, they have lost every right to talk about good faith. Didn't they know it was an election year when they rushed to impeach the president? Good faith was thrown out of the window the moment Democrats decided to play dirty from the moment Trump was sworn in.

What have the Democrats done in past four years?

When Trump was inaugurated on Jan 20 2017, the Republicans have complete control of all branches of government - Executive, Senate, HoR and even majority in the Supreme Court. But they couldn't achieve anything because of Trump, not even repeal Obamagate.

The Democrats only have majority in the mid term election of 2018. The Republicans still control the Senate stalling a number of policies put forward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PremierGuy(m): 8:58am On Sep 20, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
"If I lose to him, I don't know what I'm going to do. I will never speak to you again. You'll never see me again."

Donald Trump

https://twitter.com/i/status/1307491919384260609

Let his pronouncement come true and be a reality.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 10:22am On Sep 20, 2020
When the president of the USA is as dumb as a door knob grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:20am On Sep 20, 2020
PDPGuy:
Looks like a handful of Republican senators would stone-wall any attempts to ram thru a confirmation hearing.. Mitch McConnell should stick to his words from 4 years ago.
I think he'd be forced to and doubt scotus would be confirmed till after the elections and only if Reps get a Senate majority. If they are a minority after election they'll need to give up or hell would loosen.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:32am On Sep 20, 2020
salford1:

I feel your pain. It's a no brainer. Trump getting re-elected would be the end of democracy in America.
America will be like Iran if trump gets reelected.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 11:36am On Sep 20, 2020
PremierGuy:

What have the Democrats done in past four years?

When Trump was inaugurated on Jan 20 2017, the Republicans have complete control of all branches of government - Executive, Senate, HoR and even majority in the Supreme Court. But they couldn't achieve anything because of Trump, not even repeal Obamagate.

The Democrats only have majority in the mid term election of 2018. The Republicans still control the Senate stalling a number of policies put forward.

The republicans in 2016 had the house and senate. Paul Ryan the big RINO did not allocate funds for the Trump wall.
When it came to repeal healthcare act remember McCain coming off from his ailment to vote against a repeal in a big eff you Trump move.
In the midterms Paul Ryan led a bunch of RINOs to not run for re-election. He ended up on the board of Fox News which is now turning increasing against Trump.
Some of those Trump appointments were influenced by RINOs and pretend to work for Trump goals. Like Chris Wray was recommended by Christie who was passed over for Secretary of State

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:40am On Sep 20, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Funny enough, I think Trump's nominee for scotus would riot by declining the offer. Any worthy person would decline until after the election instead of face the opprobrium of their peers.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kopfschmerzen12: 11:45am On Sep 20, 2020
Zuorom:

I said it that you are a stupid and ignorant monkey, just sit your ignorant monkey ass down and take a lesson from this intelligent human. Republicans were not in control of the Senate when Debo Adegbile was nominated, democrats were in control with a big majority and Harry Reid was the Senate majority leader. Many democrat senators voted against his nomination and I don't even know why you are bringing his name into this discussion because he wasn't nominated for supreme court justice, he was nominated to serve as an assistant attorney general and he was rejected by a democrat controlled Senate. Take your stupid ignorant ass out of your here and stop spreading ignorance on this thread. Empty headed, big for nothing fool!

You are a waste of seemen, how did you beat your rivals to the ovum? They must have been very stupid to let you win the race which says a lot about the toxic testes they you came from.

Reading and comprehension are not tools you possess in your skill set. I was discussing about GOP bad faith politics on Obama's nominations. Debo Adegbile was nominated on a civil right role in the DOJ, GOP hardliners and police unions across the country started a bad faith move to stall his nomination for defending Muthuma Abu Jamal in a law suit. Halftard, unlike you i don't need to google this stuff, it's come to me natural like my daily breakfast.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:46am On Sep 20, 2020
Nuel4:
Licensed Immorality

A thief says everybody is a thief to justify their own thieving. If they stopped thiefing, their statement is false.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kopfschmerzen12: 11:51am On Sep 20, 2020
Zuorom:

I can only put on an effort to be creative if I want to impress intelligent humans. unfortunately you are not one of them, you are a stupid monkey and a raving lunatic, bluntness is the only thing that works with a wild animal like you. Foolish idiot, your father's foolishness has obviously been passed on to you in a double measure.

If creativity slap anyone that crawls out of your lineage of peasant on the face, it will bounce like y'all are coated with Telfon.

It's clear as day, your forebears are born with their testicles in their cranium. If i get every dollar for when your father sire a slowpoke, i will have all the staffs in the feds cleaning out my closet as their daily routine. May your life be sad, uneventful and fill with sorrow, you patsy cuntbucket.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kopfschmerzen12: 11:52am On Sep 20, 2020
Zuorom:

Stupid fool, is that the best you can offer? So you couldn't get any more inspiration from smoking your prostitute mother's dirty pubic hairs?

This slowpoke keep biting on my writtens again. How does it feel to be belched out of the leprous cuńt of the village witch.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Zuorom: 11:55am On Sep 20, 2020
kopfschmerzen12:

This slowpoke keep biting on my writtens again. How does it feel to be belched out of the leprous cuńt of the village witch.
I don't bite on anything from a disgusting fool who can't even spell "writing". Only mad dogs like you bite on stupid things that stink like the rotten fish odour of your mother's stinking cunt

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (4365) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: basilico and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.