Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,945 members, 7,886,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 12:24 PM

Dr. Bukola Saraki - Thisday Emerging Tiger Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Bukola Saraki - Thisday Emerging Tiger Award (810 Views)

I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... / Dasuki: Are We Back To The Dark Ages? THISDAY. / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Bukola Saraki - Thisday Emerging Tiger Award by Oluwadamir: 2:19pm On May 24, 2010
Earlier this year, Dr. Bukola Saraki garnered the ThisDay Emerging Tiger award. Bukola Saraki. So much political debate is beclouded by sentiment, and it often makes honest assessment of political actors difficult if not impossible. Away from the context of local and national politics no one can really question Dr. Bukola Saraki's leadership ability, ability to govern, intelligence, long-range vision, zeal, and dedication to service.is i

When I look at his impact in Kwara State, not only in terms of physical infrastructure, but also in terms of institutional and cultural change in the populace, civil service placed within the context of a conservative and civil service dominated state such as Kwara it becomes obvious that he actually belongs in the cadre of emerging tigers.

If one however puts sentiment aside and one objectively evaluates Dr. Bukola Saraki, taking into consideration his zeal, passion, dedication, intelligence, administrative ability, vision, and ingenuity it will be clear that he is truly deserving of the ThisDay Emerging Tiger Award.

A fair evaluation of Dr. Bukola Saraki has to be divorced from sentiment. I don't think anyone can seriously question his ability to lead, manage, innovate, plan, and execute. Also taking into context that he is the governor of a state, which has been largely a civil service town for ages.

Specifically, Saraki's approach to agriculture is today a reference point in the country. With the introduction of Zimbabwean farmers who have since changed the face of farming in the country, agriculture has remained a major area of concentration for every government and a yard-stick through which the functionality of any state is now measured, put differently, critical infrastructure. He has made Ilorin, the Kwara State capital, one of the cleanest and most modern state capitals in Nigeria.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki - Thisday Emerging Tiger Award by asha80(m): 2:37pm On May 24, 2010
Na only tiger award?What about lion award grin
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki - Thisday Emerging Tiger Award by olaolabiy: 1:59am On May 25, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^ASHA.
very funny. the sarakis don't even know whether they are yorubas or hausas. their ethnicity depends on the prevalent political swing.

yeye
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki - Thisday Emerging Tiger Award by Oluwadamir: 8:37am On May 25, 2010
ola olabiy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ASHA.
very funny. the sarakis don't even know whether they are yorubas or hausas. their ethnicity depends on the prevalent political swing.

yeye

Ola, you completely avoid the issue. The core issue is if Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has leadership qualities, substantive achievements, dedication. I don't think anyone can fault him on those. When we talk leadership, ethnicity is not one of the parameters, which is used to judge ability. There is no way of judging the performance ability of a man by virtue of his ethnicity, so why bring it up? Let's begin evaluating our leaders solely based on performance and ability.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki - Thisday Emerging Tiger Award by olaolabiy: 12:08pm On May 25, 2010
you can only be a man of principle if you are consistent and straightforward. they are not, i'm afraid.

i don't have anything against them, though. i wish them well.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki - Thisday Emerging Tiger Award by wiseson1: 12:38pm On May 25, 2010
It is actually news to me that Dr. Bukola Saraki is undecided about his ethnicity. I like going with facts. In 2009, Kwara State had a budget of 72 billion, while Lagos state had a budget of 405 billion naira. In 2009 apart from ongoing projects in Kwara, Shonga Dairy Factory, Kwara State University, Ganmo Power Substation, CHIS to name some were completed or expanded. Many of these projects have been consistent with his strategy of private-public partnership and sustainable economic development.

Whatever one's feelings about the man, he has demonstrated leadership ability, and focus. I think if you have to disagree with the man, it will have to be on his economic strategy, but not on his commitment, or leadership ability.
Re: Dr. Bukola Saraki - Thisday Emerging Tiger Award by arabela1: 11:59am On Oct 20, 2010
Wed, October 6, 2010 10:30:13 PMBe sure of me
From: His-Excellency Kwara State <gov.bukola2010@gmail.com> View Contact
To: Kaptol Street <kaptolstreet@yahoo.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ella,

I felt great for you in particular to have direct contact with me. I
read more about you and peoples you met during your studying. Life is
all about meeting peoples with different cultures.

Africa generally in a home of Cultures and we do associates with
peoples coming from another part of the world.

I wish you are single and i am also single i could have proposed a
marriage to you. This might sounds funny But, you have principle and
discipline. I wish you keep it up. Well the reason of buying your
property is for my family to ability as they are willing to relocate
which they have impressed and interested, Just wish i make them happy
and to be proud of me being an honest father.

Electronically voices are seems to be extremely changed in a
particular occasions either been on the phone nor internet. Such as in
person we get to know the right voice of the person you are
interacting with.

My proposed payment plan for meeting in London is based on the fact
that my position is not allowed me as a Governor to transfer money out
of the country to another simply because of MISAPPROPRIATION OF MONEY
and i might be alleged which is prohibited in the ACT 2003
Constitutions.

All your expenses to London would be recover as i am willing to help
you in order to get the house of your interest to buy.

In the mean times i wish we could finalized the transaction soon and
let be a good friends to one and other.

I will be expecting your response soon.

Yours Faithfully,

Dr. Bukola Saraki.
Kwara State Governor
cool cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

419 Scammers Kidnap Us Woman / Aondoakaa Banned From Occupying Public Office - Nice Move! / 1oo Percent Arrests So Far Made On Kidnapping Are Igbos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.