Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,894 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:03 AM

Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) (39245 Views)

Nine Nigerian States May Be Flooded As Cameroon Opens Lagdo Dam / Yoruba Nation Rally In Lagos Will Hold On July 3 - Olayomi Koiki / #endsars Protests: Lagos Will Need N1trn For Reconstruction — Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by medolab90(m): 11:06am On May 18, 2018
*now I know why why bae doesn't come over when it rains*.
Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by Jaideyone(m): 11:19am On May 18, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

This is disgraceful to Lagos

Lagos of all State can't build a quality drainage system but they will be happy to embezzle Billions of naira annually in the name of building mega state or city.

The total 2018 Budgets pass by Abia,Imo,Anambra,Ebonyi Governments was #690Billion but for lagos was #1.046Tri 11.4% lower than Nigeria Budget.

But still no proper allocation for drainage system in lagos.

this is very shameful to lagos Government and it citizens
I guess it is LASG that dumped refuse inside the drainage and blocked them. are you blind? can't you see refuse in the drainage?
Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by ChidiAlaigbo: 11:24am On May 18, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

This is disgraceful to Lagos

Lagos of all State can't build a quality drainage system but they will be happy to embezzle Billions of naira annually in the name of building mega state or city.

The total 2018 Budgets pass by Abia,Imo,Anambra,Ebonyi Governments was #690Billion but for lagos was #1.046Tri 11.4% lower than Nigeria Budget.

But still no proper allocation for drainage system in lagos.

Yet your rubbish Okoro refugee IDP will refuse to live in your potopoto erosion ravaged savage land....
Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by EzendiEgo1: 11:35am On May 18, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Yet your rubbish Okoro refugee IDP will refuse to live in your potopoto erosion ravaged savage land....
so you are proud of lagos state

There's no problem

1 Like

Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:39am On May 18, 2018
Ojota

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by vanhayor(m): 12:11pm On May 18, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

I no fit blame you
When una no see money build house for lag
Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by Horus(m): 12:46pm On May 18, 2018
Jaideyone:
I guess it is LASG that dumped refuse inside the drainage and blocked them. are you blind? can't you see refuse in the drainage?

You dont get it, A drainage system is supposed to be Underground

What you see here on the pictures are open gutters that should never had been build in Lagos.

Open gutters cannot be used as a drainage system even if people dont throw rubbish into them

The city need a drainage system, not open gutters

The money alocated for the building of an underground drainage system was embezzled , and instead they gave Lagosians open gutters

Open gutters should Not exist at all in a big city like Lagos.
Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by dierich: 2:10pm On May 18, 2018
Horus:
What you see on these pictures above is Not a drainage system

A real drainage system is supposed to be Underground, and not visible to the human eye

you be mumu
give me d definition of a drainage

I guess you're in ur first year studying either building tech or other related course. you better go take ur textbook..
Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by Horus(m): 2:41pm On May 18, 2018
dierich:

you be mumu
give me d definition of a drainage

I guess you're in ur first year studying either building tech or other related course. you better go take ur textbook..

This is a drainage system (Picture below)

What you see in Lagos today are open gutters

Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by shotuns: 2:53pm On May 18, 2018
I dont know why State governments cant put slabs on the drainage. It wont only Make it beautiful but also prevent refuse dumping. It is common sense. Anyway common Sense isnt common.
Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 3:07pm On May 18, 2018
What a revelation. We all are aware of this but the Government is just doing below "enough" to help Lagosians.
Check our signature in blue here below and you will be better enlightened.... You can contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link.
Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by laudate: 4:02pm On May 18, 2018
Horus:

What you see here on the pictures are open gutters that should never had been build in Lagos.

Open gutters cannot be used as a drainage system even if people dont throw rubbish into them

The money alocated for the building of an underground drainage system was embezzled , and instead they gave Lagosians open gutters

I wish I could give you 1,000 likes for this post. cheesy This was exactly what I was trying to explain in another thread, and one numbskull almost started calling me names. Lagos needs a complex network of aqueducts, canalised channels and storm drains, to channel away flood water from the streets and neighbourhoods, into the lagoon, rivers and ocean, not these 2x4 gutters, that are so ineffective. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by Jaideyone(m): 5:57pm On May 18, 2018
Horus:

lol can you give us links to when money was allocated for underground drainage systems and they were embezzled? we are willing to be enlightened. I dey wait grin
Re: Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) by dierich: 10:25am On May 19, 2018
Horus:

This is a drainage system (Picture below)
What you see in Lagos today are open gutters

please, what course are u studying in higher institution before I can talk to u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jang Tells Buhari To Resign Now. See Reactions (photos) / Declare Abba Yusuf The Winner Of Kano Governorship Election Now... - PDP / Minister, Rauf Aregbesola Visits Tinubu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.