Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,799 members, 7,886,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:29 PM

Zambian Rain-soaked Policewoman Earns Promotion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zambian Rain-soaked Policewoman Earns Promotion (1647 Views)

Tinubu Already Serving Igbo ‘bread Soaked In Water’ — Nwodo / You’ve Lost Igbo Support Over 'Soaked Sliced Bread' Comment - SERG Tells Tinubu / Corper Soaked In Lagos After A Party Member Beat Him Up. Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zambian Rain-soaked Policewoman Earns Promotion by Itzpetersv: 2:43pm On May 17, 2018
A female police officer in Zambia has won herself a promotion after she braved a heavy downpour – without a raincoat – and stood in the middle of a busy intersection to control traffic on Wednesday in the capital, Lusaka.

The police service in the country is often riddled with accusations of corruption. But pictures of constable Charity Nanyangwe standing between the intersection of Ben Bella and Lumbumba roads became a talking point on social media as she relentlessly controlled traffic whilst getting soaked.

It would appear the police command did not want to be left out in the excitement. On Thursday, they promoted her to the rank of sergeant.

Ms Nanyangwe’s dedication to duty has won her many hearts.

One user wrote: “I do not agree with the idea of rewarding anyone to do their job but Charity Nanyangwe…went above and beyond her call of duty.”

source: http://www.vondanews.com/zambian-rain-soaked-policewoman-earns-promotion/

1 Like

Re: Zambian Rain-soaked Policewoman Earns Promotion by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 17, 2018
Well done

Diligence pays
Re: Zambian Rain-soaked Policewoman Earns Promotion by olatade(m): 2:48pm On May 17, 2018
a well deserved accolade
Re: Zambian Rain-soaked Policewoman Earns Promotion by BankeSmalls(f): 2:51pm On May 17, 2018
If it was in Nigeria, they will transfer her to Borno, any road intersection near Sambisa.

6 Likes

Re: Zambian Rain-soaked Policewoman Earns Promotion by humblenature: 2:54pm On May 17, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Zambian Rain-soaked Policewoman Earns Promotion by NOC1(m): 3:24pm On May 17, 2018
Nigeria has promoted many officers, who are outstanding.

BankeSmalls:
If it was in Nigeria, they will transfer her to Borno, any road intersection near Sambisa.
Re: Zambian Rain-soaked Policewoman Earns Promotion by Viserion: 5:48pm On May 17, 2018
Is this the transmission of the transmission I mean transmission of the effort I mean eh at the transmission We have eh apprehend the Nigeria police and the men at the command. I mean transmission other transmission Sorry sir I mean transmission all kidnapping transmission.
Re: Zambian Rain-soaked Policewoman Earns Promotion by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:10pm On May 17, 2018
Wow what a selfless act, promotion well deserved. She was diligent in her duty.
Re: Zambian Rain-soaked Policewoman Earns Promotion by merrypakman: 7:13pm On May 17, 2018
Well deserved!
Re: Zambian Rain-soaked Policewoman Earns Promotion by dkronicle(m): 8:10pm On May 17, 2018
If she is not from the north in Nigeria, she will get demoted.

(1) (Reply)

24yrs After,buhari Presents House To Coach Bonfrere Jo(photos) / Check Out Buharis Motorcade In Morocco / Osun Guber: What I Will Do If I Lose The Election - Senator Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.