Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,348 members, 7,881,286 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:54 PM

2019: Femi Otedola Finally Speaks On Running For Lagos Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Femi Otedola Finally Speaks On Running For Lagos Governorship Election (407 Views)

I’m Interested In Better Nigeria – Peter Obi Clears Air On Running With El-rufai / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats / Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

2019: Femi Otedola Finally Speaks On Running For Lagos Governorship Election by DNaijab: 12:08pm On May 18, 2018
Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola, has refuted claims he is contesting in the 2019 Lagos State Governorship polls.

There have been unconfirmed reports claiming that the billionaire businessman declared his interest in the election.

A 'fake' Twitter account in his name indirectly declared the claim earlier in the week. The Parody account's post reads: "Lagos deserves better."

Usually, when election is approaching, Nigerian politicians engage in tricks intended to attract attention of the masses. Their gimmicks usually range from roasting corns by the roadside, eating with primary school pupils inside classrooms and hawking some local items.

To further make true the hearsays, Otedola was recently spotted riding in a commercial bus popularly known as 'molue' in the local parlance, in Lagos State. In the video, the bus seemed to be the regular busy Lagos commercial transportation.

See video HERE.

However, in a series of new tweets, Otedola has issued a disclaimer, saying he has no intentions to run for Governor.

While noting that he is a man of the people and will always be on the side of the masses, he countered claims in a series of tweets, saying:

"My attention has been drawn to a news piece where false information from a parody account was posted. I am a man of the people and I will always be on the side of the masses but I am stating clearly via this medium that I am not running for office.

"The Governor of Lagos State is doing a commendable job and Lagosians should be proud of him.

"Fake accounts in my name have to have the word "parody" in their bio/profile to exist. @verified has recently paused verifications so, until I get the blue tick, please always ensure to read the bio/profile section of accounts that appear to be mine," Otedola tweeted.

https://dailynaija.com/post/2019-femi-otedola-finally-speaks-on-running-for-lagos-governorship-election
Re: 2019: Femi Otedola Finally Speaks On Running For Lagos Governorship Election by Righteousness89(m): 12:10pm On May 18, 2018
Noted...
Re: 2019: Femi Otedola Finally Speaks On Running For Lagos Governorship Election by babz007(m): 12:20pm On May 18, 2018
call or whatsapp me today today i got 3 fixed matches in italy seria B this info is 98% sure its from an italian friend of 6years 08170936275 na today today
Re: 2019: Femi Otedola Finally Speaks On Running For Lagos Governorship Election by IamPatriotic(m): 12:26pm On May 18, 2018
Nothing stops him from running, if he desires to, but it will unwise of him, rather he should sponsor others to contest rather than he himself doing so except he wants to put his business in jeopardy, established politicians will fight him dirty and he won't com out clean.
Re: 2019: Femi Otedola Finally Speaks On Running For Lagos Governorship Election by Mynd44: 12:34pm On May 18, 2018

(1)

ASUU: President Buhari’s Government Irresponsible / IFAD-VCDP Offers Free Medical Care To Niger Farmers / I Am Contesting Against Governor El-rufai In 2019 – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.