Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,326 members, 7,881,211 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

8 Practical Tips To Preparing For Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 Practical Tips To Preparing For Marriage (1448 Views)

Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals / If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / Picture Of My Son Preparing For School For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Practical Tips To Preparing For Marriage by femiadams(m): 3:33am On May 25, 2010
Examine Yourself
Now that you are thinking of getting married, it is necessary and important that you examine and question yourself. You need to ask yourself the following vital and unique question –WHO AM I?

1. You are a spirit being in a mortal body –Genesis 1.27: “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him: male and female created he them.”
God’s image is that invisible part of man called spirit. “God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” John 5.24. God is the only one that can give you divine direction to your marriage partner. He will do this by talking to you –in the spirit, not in the soul realm. The soul realm is the realm of imaginations, hallucinations, infatuations, reasoning, feelings, affections and fantasies. The spirit realm is the realm of love, passion, burden, truth and reality.

2. You are not cheap to be a toy -John 15.2:
“I AM the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.”

You are a precious being –a tool in God’s hand for productivity, not a toy in any man or woman’s hand for play as Samson in the hand of Delilah –Judges 14. You are so precious that God attends to you jealously as a productive tool. You cannot afford to loose your preciousness and worth for a sex-seeker and play boy or play girl!

3. You have a destiny to fulfill through marriage. You have been destined to bring forth a child through marriage that will bring honor and praise to your family. You can’t afford to let Satan change God’s plan for you by making you marry the wrong person through haste, irrational decision, lust and demonic affection!

Joseph had a destiny to fulfill! He knew what God had promised to make out of him. He wouldn’t do anything to shut the door of greatness at himself. Genesis 39.7-12: “…his master’s wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me. But he refused…how can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?”
Avoid Marriage Pitfalls

4. Do Not Be Irrational in Your Choice
Do not choose a “anyhow” partner. Have a choice. Know whom you want, when you want him or her, how you want him or her and where you want him or her to come from. These include his or her family background, social status, educational level, skin color, height, temperament and so forth.

5. Do Not Rush into Marriage
Do not yield to pressure. Do not succumb to dictates of your negative situation and circumstance. Do not take advantage of your spouse’s predicament

6. Attend to Your Habits
Work on yourself –on your anger, on your impatience, on your dress mode, on your uncleanness, on your introverted or extroverted problem and so forth.

7. Attend to Your Health Problem
Get medical attention where necessary. Get psychological attention on your temperament and emotions. Get physiotherapist attention on your body shape. Get cosmetic attention on your face and body.

8. Be Prepared
Complete your education or vocational training.

Be emotionally and psychologically stable.

Understand the responsibilities that marriage places on you socially, morally, financially and spiritually, too.

Be determined.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Husband? / Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent / Baby Daddy's What Are U Waiting 4: Put The Ring On Her Finger. (let debate this)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.