Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,095 members, 7,890,610 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:54 PM

Urgent!!! Strange Disease In My Maize Farm, Please Help - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Urgent!!! Strange Disease In My Maize Farm, Please Help (1100 Views)

My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm / My Maize Farm In Pictures / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent!!! Strange Disease In My Maize Farm, Please Help by modestypii(m): 3:31pm On May 19, 2018
Good afternoon farmers.
I went to my maize farm on Friday, I discovered that almost the leaves of one row dried up,with the center of the maize becoming rigid instead of spreading out to form new leaves. No fire on the farm, but the leaves look as if they got burnt.
Please help a brother to save his farm.

Re: Urgent!!! Strange Disease In My Maize Farm, Please Help by stagger: 6:46pm On May 19, 2018
Guy, weed your farm. The plants are struggling with the weeds for nutrients. Also ensure that wind is not blowing herbicides from a nearby farm to yours.
Re: Urgent!!! Strange Disease In My Maize Farm, Please Help by braine(m): 8:08pm On May 19, 2018
Just look at the amount of weed here. Abi you're into mixed farming?

2 Likes

Re: Urgent!!! Strange Disease In My Maize Farm, Please Help by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:42pm On May 19, 2018
modestypii:
Good afternoon farmers.
I went to my maize farm on Friday, I discovered that almost the leaves of one row dried up,with the center of the maize becoming rigid instead of spreading out to form new leaves. No fire on the farm, but the leaves look as if they got burnt.
Please help a brother to save his farm.
from the picture,it seems someone mistakenly spray herbicide on the farm.
does not look like a disease and moreover weed the farm as soon as possible
Re: Urgent!!! Strange Disease In My Maize Farm, Please Help by pheonixdld2(m): 9:19am On May 20, 2018
grin cheesy
braine:
Just look at the amount of weed here. Abi you're into mixed farming?
Re: Urgent!!! Strange Disease In My Maize Farm, Please Help by potosky: 11:16am On May 20, 2018
U should have weed your farm before it get to this level. Sorry but I suggest you weed the corn and those weed together and plant another thing there.
Re: Urgent!!! Strange Disease In My Maize Farm, Please Help by modestypii(m): 3:09pm On May 20, 2018
potosky:
U should have weed your farm before it get to this level. Sorry but I suggest you weed the corn and those weed together and plant another thing there.
The inside of the corn is weeded already. The affected corn are those near the border of the farm. I uprooted them immediately I noticed it. Thanks I appreciate
Re: Urgent!!! Strange Disease In My Maize Farm, Please Help by modestypii(m): 3:13pm On May 20, 2018
Lesgupnigeria:

from the picture,it seems someone mistakenly spray herbicide on the farm.
does not look like a disease and moreover weed the farm as soon as possible
I thought as much too, but the weeds around it should be affected too if someone mistakenly sprayed chemical. Thanks for your comment
Re: Urgent!!! Strange Disease In My Maize Farm, Please Help by modestypii(m): 3:16pm On May 20, 2018
pheonixdld2:
grin cheesy
Actually, that portion in d picture is maize only while other portion are Intercropped with cassava
Re: Urgent!!! Strange Disease In My Maize Farm, Please Help by modestypii(m): 3:20pm On May 20, 2018
stagger:
Guy, weed your farm. The plants are struggling with the weeds for nutrients. Also ensure that wind is not blowing herbicides from a nearby farm to yours.
I just did that sir

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Tarpaulin Fish Pond; Important Note On Starting A Profitable Fish Farm / Smart 3 Weeks Old German Shepherd Dogs For Sale. / 96 Birds Capacity Battery Cage For Sale @N26,500 Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.