Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:38 AM

Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund (35262 Views)

Nkechi Ikpeazu To Offset Medical Bill Of Abused 10-year-old Girl / Pictures From APGA Presidential Flag Off At Ekwueme Square Awka / Buhari Receives Alex Ekwueme's Family At State House(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by kurt09(m): 6:33pm On May 19, 2018
SBG04:
This Bishop is crazy!!!
The FG released money to the Hospital, the hospital refunded the money after the man died. The money is currently domiciled in the Central Bank where it belongs, so where is the fraud? Or this stupid bishop thinks this is Jonathans regime where the money would have been shared between "friends and family". Someone should wake that fool up and tell him this is 2018 Nigeria! A new sheriff is in town!
Hope all is well with you. It's his statutory entitlement.

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by SBG04: 6:36pm On May 19, 2018
kurt09:
Hope all is well with you. It's his statutory entitlement.
A dead man has statutory entitlements? Are you crazy?

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 19, 2018
SBG04:
This Bishop is crazy!!!
The FG released money to the Hospital, the hospital refunded the money after the man died. The money is currently domiciled in the Central Bank where it belongs, so where is the fraud? Or this stupid bishop thinks this is Jonathans regime where the money would have been shared between "friends and family". Someone should wake that fool up and tell him this is 2018 Nigeria! A new sheriff is in town!
which Sherriff? Ode. So because the Man died expenses incurred in the London hospitals will be wiped off. I don't understand how some intelligent people find it comfortable to line up with these buharist who are mostly dolts.

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by Cunnilingus(m): 6:37pm On May 19, 2018
doctokwus:
I am not here saying the Ekwueme family maynot be financially capable,but I doubt they could have been able to afford £200,000 (~N90m) on their own.
Despite all the public show,when it comes to paying medical expenses from their pockets,especially when it runs to millions,Nigerians,even those assumed affluent,except government functionaries,because they have access to easy money,find it difficult.
who told you they don't have. Igbos are not lazy. Assuming they don't over a million Igbos will opt to pay it for them
Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by kurt09(m): 6:37pm On May 19, 2018
SBG04:

When was the payment made?
Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 19, 2018
SBG04:

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by johnmartus(m): 6:48pm On May 19, 2018
That bishop should keep quite he said govt take forever before released money .after all govt released the money now they pocketed it thief. I don't why the bishop blame the federal gvt.

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by Akolawole(m): 7:04pm On May 19, 2018
DisGuy:
he probably had medical insurance, maybe the hospital returned the money to the FG with a note saying his medical insurance was enough to cover the bill....

All the same the bishop/cleric might just be ignorant, FG don't release money at the clinic of a finger...processes are involved

Somebody of Ekwueme 's level SHOULD have a proper medical insurance.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 19, 2018
VULCAN:
Who are you to say that the clinic did not return the money?.

What is your portfolio in this government that you made such a pronunciation?

Are you not just a BMC member on a monthly stipend with an old Acer laptop?

How silly to say clinic should have returned money to the family? Was it the family that transferred that money to them? What warped thinking. If only you have travelled out before you would have known that Hospitals in UK have protocols.

Rubbish!

Don't be so angry lol. The organism is not saying that the money was not returned by the hospital. It is saying that the hospital returned the money to the family and not the fg. These organisms we harbor.
Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by Ddy(m): 7:19pm On May 19, 2018
GavelSlam:
Can the family provide some documents to buttress the 200k pounds spent?

Lets taje it that they could not afford it,where is the one hospital refunded?
sometimes u reason like a pig
Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by SBG04: 7:20pm On May 19, 2018
transformed:
which Sherriff? Ode. So because the Man died expenses incurred in the London hospitals will be wiped off. I don't understand how some intelligent people find it comfortable to line up with these buharist who are mostly dolts.
You are the ode!
Simple logic you still can't comprehend!
The FG released money for his hospital bills. The hospital returned the money to the CBN because the family already paid. If the family wants to be reimbursed for payments paid on behalf of the FG for the mans hospital bills, they should apply separately. Simple logic! It is fraudulent to open up an Invoice to settle hospital bills when the money will not be actually used to settle the hospital bills that have already been paid. Sit down and read slowly!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by CSTR1003: 7:35pm On May 19, 2018
SBG04:

“When the London clinic was paid by government after the family had paid, the hospital said the family had paid and returned the money to the Central Bank. Now, the money, which CBN should refund to Ekwueme’s family is now being held"

I'm sure you didn't read the article. You just jumped in to comment
Yes a new sheriff is in town. If his ways are alien to you, please go back to your home in Vietnamese, Chinese or Malaysian Prison where you and your kit and kin belong.
Thanks.
And this shitt -stain had to go tribal.

Yapping about how the money is in the CBN.
On whose authority are you getting your certainty from ?

Are you a high ranking member of the FEC, CBN, or the ministry of finance?

Or you are just an empty headed afonja skull miner who licks Fulani as$ for a living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by daudugod(m): 7:37pm On May 19, 2018
My Chest, 80million naira for treatment, Chai

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by ogunsbanjul(m): 7:37pm On May 19, 2018
Sorry why is it that money is the problem of a tribe in NIGERIA(no tribe is mentioned please) ? Meanwhile, let me enlighten the house on government disbursement of fund here a little. Before a dime will move out of government purse, it will take time because due process must be followed. So, for now don't blame government be APC or PDP

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by ofuonyebi: 7:38pm On May 19, 2018
this is why buhari hates corruption & will fight corruption in Nigeria till he go die...thief of money..ole & barawos too much for everywhere...shame!

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 19, 2018
buhariguy:
Buhari sef,

This your government is wonderful,

See the way buhari anti corruption has reduced ekweme family to be begging for 200k pounds.

On a more serious note, why will the clinic hurriedly returned the money back to fg instead of the family.

The clinic should show the family the receipt for the returned of the money, because no money was returned to fg.

Refunds in such circumstances are returned to source. If the family could afford to pay then no need to cry up and down unless government policy says an ex-vp's medical bills should be picked by the federal government

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by holyfather(m): 7:54pm On May 19, 2018
muykem:
It's clear that the Bishop and family is criminal. 200000 pounds, please you people should fear God and since family is able to pay the bill no need for refund.
Where is the money?
Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by idealogical: 8:08pm On May 19, 2018
CSTR1003:

Or you are just an empty headed afonja skull miner who licks Fulani as$ for a living.

The sad irony, was Ekwueme licking Shagari/Fulani's ass as Shagari's VP for a living? You did not think that through.

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by SBG04: 8:21pm On May 19, 2018
CSTR1003:

This dumb ass that didn't read the article is still arguing about things he still hasn't read! Oga please walk your stupid dumbass back to Thai prison. You dont belong here.
Ode!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by Metuh: 8:25pm On May 19, 2018
mu2sa2:
Is the bishop sure that the money has been "signed off"? If he is sure then he should name names. If the hospital has returned the money to govt and it enters TSA, getting it out is a long process. So the bishop should be circumspect in making allegations he can not substantiate.
But dipping hand into the TSA to pick $1b dollar for purchasing a weapon that won't be delivered until over 2 years from now is very fast abi?

Chai! Which kain people full this forum self
Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by SBG04: 8:31pm On May 19, 2018
Metuh:

But dipping hand into the TSA to pick $1b dollar for purchasing a weapon that won't be delivered until over 2 years from now is very fast abi?

Chai! Which kain people full this forum self
How on earth can you compare the accounting process for releasing money for the treatment of an ailing former VP, to the purchase of badly needed fighter aircraft's for the Military?
God! what kind of people are we sharing this country with!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by Metuh: 8:35pm On May 19, 2018
SBG04:

How on earth can you compare the accounting process for releasing money for the treatment of an ailing former VP, to the purchase of badly needed fighter aircraft's for the Military?
God! what kind of people are we sharing this country with!!!!!
How do you even reason

What long process was taken before the money was initially released

Fighter aircraft that will land in Nigeria after how many years?

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by SBG04: 8:43pm On May 19, 2018
Metuh:

How do you even reason

What long process was taken before the money was initially released

Fighter aircraft that will land in Nigeria after how many years?
And the idiot is still arguing!!!
The US government gave Nigeria a deadline of Febuary to pay up in order to meet 2020 delivery. This idiot here is comparing that to releasing money for the treatment of an ailing former VP!!!
His family already paid his bills!
What on this bloody fuçking earth is the problem with you scavengers that want FG money released to you? The most disgusting part of this is that it's not even the family complaining. It's scavengers like that idiot Bishop, and this fool here that I'm quoting, that are complaining! If I had my way I would have all of you lined up for a firing squad and shot for stupidity!

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by Metuh: 8:58pm On May 19, 2018
SBG04:

And the idiot is still arguing!!!
The US government gave Nigeria a deadline of Febuary to pay up in order to meet 2020 delivery. This idiot here is comparing that to releasing money for the treatment of an ailing former VP!!!
His family already paid his bills!
What on this bloody fuçking earth is the problem with you scavengers that want FG money released to you? The most disgusting part of this is that it's not even the family complaining. It's scavengers like that idiot Bishop, and this fool here that I'm quoting, that are complaining! If I had my way I would have all of you lined up for a firing squad and shot for stupidity!
Calm down... why the insults

Can't you state your points without throwing insults upadan

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by SBG04: 8:59pm On May 19, 2018
Metuh:
Calm down... why the insults
Can't you state your points without throwing insults upadan
Bros I'm allergic to *******

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by seedsower(m): 9:02pm On May 19, 2018
SBG04:
This Bishop is crazy!!!

What if the money was refunded into a different account?

Even if the money is domiciled in the Central Bank, how sure are we that it will be accounted for at the end of the day?

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by Metuh: 9:12pm On May 19, 2018
SBG04:

Bros I'm allergic to *******
I'm just coming from ban so I won't bother to insult you.

Hope you know that past head of states, presidents and other leaders are entitled to certain dividents be it in cash or gift?

It's the duty of the federal government of Nigeria, "not Buhari" to pay his hospital bills and sponsor his burial ceremony too.

The 200k pounds they used might have been borrowed. So
Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by nezer83: 9:16pm On May 19, 2018
erico2k2:

I don't even know why the govt paid, When he was in power he could have used his good office to build such hospital but NOP, now he was flown abroad. This should be a lesson to those in power, you might need help one day!

Wow!! So what about the dullard that runs to UK for just headache and fever in the name of check up.
You are just plain foolish!!!
Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by 36pripa(m): 9:31pm On May 19, 2018
Like seriously? . Ekjwueme family cant afford #90 million?. That is denigratory of the person of Pa Alex and all he represents. Someone who rejected being OBJ's stooge, owner of Nigeria's first Architectural company, who has sponsored many persons abroad to study . Even if the family couldn't find where to borrow #90 million, Anambara State Government would have waded in.
doctokwus:
I am not here saying the Ekwueme family maynot be financially capable,but I doubt they could have been able to afford £200,000 (~N90m) on their own.
Despite all the public show,when it comes to paying medical expenses from their pockets,especially when it runs to millions,Nigerians,even those assumed affluent,except government functionaries,because they have access to easy money,find it difficult.

1 Like

Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by erico2k2(m): 9:42pm On May 19, 2018
nezer83:

Wow!! So what about the dullard that runs to UK for just headache and fever in the name of check up.
You are just plain foolish!!!
This is what hapen when ur village people are after U.U are a sorry xcuse of a human.!
Re: Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund by Adesolomon2014(m): 9:46pm On May 19, 2018
NXTDANGOTE:
I'm Speechless undecided

Ur own better.
Am Dumbful!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akpabio Decries Conduct Of PDP Officials / "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out / Dunamis Church's 25th Anniversary: Gov. Ortom Lies Face Down In Worship (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.