Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,524 members, 7,888,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:33 PM

Royal Wedding : Nigerian Ladies Copycat Mentality - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Royal Wedding : Nigerian Ladies Copycat Mentality (585 Views)

'I Had The Simplest Wedding': Nigerian Lady Who Planned Her Wedding In 1 Month / Class And Decency: The Royal Wedding. / A Month After His Wedding Nigerian Man Discovers Wife Is Pregnant For Her Boyfri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Royal Wedding : Nigerian Ladies Copycat Mentality by ariesbull: 8:24am On May 20, 2018
Nigerians and copy copy... Its no longer marriage is not an achievement its now older woman wife material goals. Yea, what's the trouble? Bag the degrees, get to the peak of career, even at 40, a cute 32 year old prince would be asking for hand in marriage.. And what more? As the independent lady you've become, you'll be handing out yourself... Perfect marriage goals!
https://etimes.com.ng/royal-wedding-nigerian-ladies-copycat-mentality/

Everyone is buying it. Guys and ladies alike. Yesso, we must be like Oyibo people! Who did you people this thing? How about living your lives intentionally and deliberately? How about having your own plans? Must you always copy?

Last year, I was speaking with a classmate on phone and I was like 'hey dear, see you naa in some months' time, you'll be a PhD holder...' She answered 'Umsky you are building your family now, you can always get the degrees later...' And truly while in school, marriage was not this my friend's priority. She even once said that she may not marry. Lol.

Whereas, me already tipped myself to marry first amongst us. It's my plan that at 35, I don't want to dressing up any kid. I would've married earlier if I graduated earlier. I plan to become more active in politics and I don't want carry belle to Senate plenaries...

Everyone should get a plan. Be it to marry at 21 or at 40, let it be an original plan. Its ridiculous that about 1000 Nigerian ladies are now waiting for Dangote's one and only adopted son. What waawuu!

Everyone has their time, if you miss it, you've missed. Not everyone is destined to marry at 40. Remember Oke soro ngwere maa mmiri, okoo ngwere, there's no guarantee that oga ako oke.Young ladies, if you're mature enough at 21 and a good man is there, why waste time, you can always build that career.

And you men, you know you can't handle an older woman, and you go and carry because you want be like Prince, Ife icho, ka I ga afu. And you older woman, are you ready to toss that career for that younger, richer more prestigious man?
Man know thyself.....

Ucheoma Chisorom Nwogu

Re: Royal Wedding : Nigerian Ladies Copycat Mentality by Cutehector(m): 8:57am On May 20, 2018
I just loved the last phrase

Man, know thyself!
Re: Royal Wedding : Nigerian Ladies Copycat Mentality by Nobody: 8:59am On May 20, 2018
Who else does not understand this trash

1 Like

Re: Royal Wedding : Nigerian Ladies Copycat Mentality by oshe11: 9:41am On May 20, 2018
You mean itshocked
Re: Royal Wedding : Nigerian Ladies Copycat Mentality by Kobicove(m): 12:07pm On May 20, 2018
It's actually the pressure from the Nigerian society that encourages the copycatism undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What A Romantic Way To Share Your ATM Pin!!!! Photo / ‘I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are Still The Best Couple On Earth / Please Help Me Jzhane: He Wants His Wife Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.