Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,912 members, 7,883,164 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 04:22 AM

APC Hails Jonathan's Administration - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / APC Hails Jonathan's Administration (361 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Biography-profile & Net Worth / Nta To Clampdown On Staff Who Criticise Buhari's Administration / Matchplug.com ; Foreign Media Hails Nigeria's Best Prediction Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Hails Jonathan's Administration by Kdon2: 6:09pm On May 20, 2018
Timi Frank, the embattled Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has apologised to former president, Goodluck Jonathan, saying that Jonathan was a better leader than President Muhammadu Buhari.
The apology is contained in an open letter to the ex-president.
He wrote; “I would first of all like to use this opportunity to formally apologise to the immediate past President of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, for all the tantrums and mistreatment orchestrated by me against his person while he held sway at the helm of affairs of our great country.”
“Indeed, I and many others may have misunderstood Jonathan’s silence for weakness and thus pushed harder to malign his person and portray him as a weak leader.
“Having achieved the change agenda, it is now crystal clear, that the change we had clamoured for is not the change we got. Under your (Buhari) tenure the rule of law has been replaced with the rule of force. You have injected fear into the society. People who voted for you to save them from corruption and ineptitude have been barred from speaking up against the myriads of evil and wicked acts being perpetrated by officials in your government.”
“Unfortunately, corruption is in the upward swing under your watch. This is why I had to apologize to Jonathan since events of the last three years have shown the former president was a better leader.” “People freely expressed themselves under Jonathan’s administration without fear of being branded cultists’ sponsors, gunrunners or aiding murderers. But not so under this administration.”
“Under Jonathan, Nigerians enjoyed freedom of speech, association and right to hold dissenting views including organizing and partaking in protests against unwelcome government policies. All these are no-go areas today.
Does it mean Jonathan was a better Democrat? It is a fact that no member of the APC which was then in the opposition before 2015 was jailed or harassed for expressing dissent.” “El-Zakzaky and Dasuki will not be in jail today but for the present rule of force under this government. It is a pity that today democracy and freedom have become scarce. Insecurity continues unabated.
“Killings take place on a daily basis across the country either by kidnappers, Boko Haram insurgents, herdsmen, and other criminal elements having a free reign around the country. Life has become worthless and uncertain and people cannot speak out for fear of being labelled anti- government by your regime.
“Besides, instead of heeding the wise counsel of leaders like Obasanjo, IBB, TY. Danjuma, General Gowon, and religious leaders like Bakare and Oyedepo, you have again declared to seek re-election as President. You even boasted in Bauchi that you will be reelected which was akin to saying you will rig yourself back into office.”
Re: APC Hails Jonathan's Administration by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 20, 2018
Source?
Re: APC Hails Jonathan's Administration by Ikemefuna44: 6:12pm On May 20, 2018
Surely they will gather. Surely they will fall.
Re: APC Hails Jonathan's Administration by Amirullaha(m): 6:13pm On May 20, 2018
Owk...
Re: APC Hails Jonathan's Administration by viceddy95(m): 7:14pm On May 20, 2018
Even without a source to the news,,we all know that buhari is a tyrant ,,,,Jonathan should not be compared to this transmitted failure of a president .....

(1) (Reply)

Being There (1) / FREE Seminar:importation Business Plus Hot Selling Products In 2018 / See Why I Will Never Rest Until My Best...start Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.