Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:13 PM

How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade (11217 Views)

Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly / The Plantain City Project Ogun State ( Story So Far........... / Calabar Rice City Project Gathers Momentum As Governor Ayade Returns From Invest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by tukdi: 5:54am On May 21, 2018
Mtcheeew
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by lloyds(m): 5:59am On May 21, 2018
emmabest2000:
Calabar rice ?
Cross River rice ?

This dog dey really vex, no be small.

1 Like

Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by Abuloma80(f): 5:59am On May 21, 2018
Three years gone, "wills" yet to be "have" from all three levels of the government. We are still reading "will". I guess the next will be "give me another term to consolidate". Politics, politics all through....
Mtcheew
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by zealblinks(m): 6:07am On May 21, 2018
Zoola91:
On the Jollof rice matter!! Today I saw a nice looking Jollof rice on the internet cook by a Yoruba women, I only try to zoom it pepper enter my eye.
Lols
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by seguno2: 6:12am On May 21, 2018
Rochas2023:
I like this governor he is always thinking big. Even if it is for the paper, that big thinking will bear real fruit one day. Atleat 2 out of 10 big thinking will be achieved.

Not like other governors that talk of igr of 1billion, 500million etc

I am really sorry for you and your likes.
Thinking big and acting zero will yield only plenty gbese and half salaries while the governors are building mansions at home and abroad.
If in doubt ask Osun and Kogi workers.
Why is it so easy to fool and scam us
For how long shall we open our nyansh for rogues to fcvk us into a stupor?

1 Like

Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by seguno2: 6:14am On May 21, 2018
yanabasee:

Just like his dreams to build a seaport in cross river state have been thwarted....and now a paperwork!!

What do you mean by thwarted?
How did that happen?
Who is responsible?
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by seguno2: 6:16am On May 21, 2018
deebsman1:
After 3 years, this one is still shouting"will"....

Abeg how far his 2015 superhighway project?

So far, na only you get better sense for this matter.
Cheers bro.

1 Like

Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by Pidginwhisper: 6:21am On May 21, 2018
Zoola91:
On the Jollof rice matter!! Today I saw a nice looking Jollof rice on the internet cook by a Yoruba women, I only try to zoom it pepper enter my eye.

And then it also affected your ability to speak good english. Had those women been on NL wasting their precious tym like you, they wouldn't even know how to cook ordinary white rice.

Tym dey too precious to dey waste on irrelevance stuff. In the name of jesus i command you to get busy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by Nobody: 6:34am On May 21, 2018
This man is a huge disappointment to Cross River.
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by Nobody: 6:44am On May 21, 2018
This one that he has started with rice again , I hope calabarpharm has started. Because Na so madness d take start.
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by ifyboy60(m): 6:51am On May 21, 2018
Zoola91:

shey u know say u no well.
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by Gerrard59(m): 7:35am On May 21, 2018
gerrardomendes:
Always talking. From deep sea port to budget of kinetic crystallisation to super highway to virgin city to super rail to 100 billion

grin grin

You dey mind the criminal? Ayade has always exhibited criminal tendencies, so I'm not surprised. Is he not the same fvcktard who appointed 1,100 special aides?

If Imoke was dull, Ayade is a cretinous and baboonic slowpoke!

2 Likes

Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by Rekyz(m): 7:51am On May 21, 2018
yanabasee:

Just like his dreams to build a seaport in cross river state have been thwarted....and now a paperwork!!
Don't say what you don't know. last time I was in Calabar, I saw container loads of piles on ground. the project might begin soon.
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by eddykaka(m): 8:02am On May 21, 2018
herraph:
Fake promises as usual
Fake promise for something that will kick start in june? everything is already in place..this one no b lie. Am not a fan of ayade i just want people to knw he's saying the truth this time
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by ngozifred(f): 8:18am On May 21, 2018
Cekpo34:

Take it from me, that dwarf is a a replica of a sophisticated yahoo syndicate...honestly, he's got nothing to offer. Cross River is ruined. I hope my people will vote individuals as against party.

Thank you. Only people in calabar understand what's really going on.

1 Like

Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by grandstar(m): 8:21am On May 21, 2018
I see another Tinapa.

Why pour resources into rice, a crop the country has no comparative advantage.

The international price of 5% parboiled rice is $460/ton CIF ASWP or $23 a bag.or 8,400 per bag when it lands in Apapa.

Add N1,000 importers profit, add N1,000 wholesalers profit, add N1,000 retailers profit, add N1,000 transport which is an extra N4,000 and you have 8,400 + 4,000= 12,400 selling price a 50kg bag to the consumer.

However, the other day 25kg Nigerian produced rice was marketed at N9,999 a bag which will make a 50kg cost 20,000.

20,000 is a long way from 12,400.

Even if you add 20% import duty, you'll have 15,000 a bag.

The only reason why the country is producing rice is because of sky high.import duties of 70%.

Were a rational government to reduce the tariffs today, rice production will collapse.

1 Like

Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by Reference(m): 9:40am On May 21, 2018
grandstar:
I see another Tinapa.

Why pour resources into rice, a crop the country has no comparative advantage.

The international price of 5% parboiled rice is $460/ton CIF ASWP or $23 a bag.or 8,400 per bag when it lands in Apapa.

Add N1,000 importers profit, add N1,000 wholesalers profit, add N1,000 retailers profit, add N1,000 transport which is an extra N4,000 and you have 8,400 + 4,000= 12,400 selling price a 50kg bag to the consumer.

However, the other day 25kg Nigerian produced rice was marketed at N9,999 a bag which will make a 50kg cost 20,000.

20,000 is a long way from 12,400.

Even if you add 20% import duty, you'll have 15,000 a bag.

The only reason why the country is producing rice is because of sky high.import duties of 70%.

Were a rational government to reduce the tariffs today, rice production will collapse.

And why would any sane government reduce tariffs just to cause a wasteful run on scarce foreign exchange for a consumer item. The high tariff is to cushion the effects of the foreign exchange loss. Also the fact that Nigerian rice is not presently competitive means we need more investment not less. Thailand and others did not get there today. We can be producers as well if we can make the sacrifices now. Let the present high prices be the attraction for the necessary investment and production.

By the way, the rice plant in Cross-River Ayade is talking about has been under construction for a coupke of years now and may be at the completion stage. I cannot understand how a Nigerian can wish for thd collapse of local production in favour of imports. Are you a foreigner or what. That is very unpatriotic.
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by grandstar(m): 9:50am On May 21, 2018
Reference:

And why would any sane government reduce tariffs just to cause a wasteful run on scarce foreign exchange for a consumer item. The high tariff is to cushion the effects of the foreign exchange loss. Also the fact that Nigerian rice is not presently competitive means we need more investment not less. Thailand and others did not get there today. We can be producers as well if we can make the sacrifices now. Let the present high prices be the attraction for the necessary investment and production.

By the way, the rice plant in Cross-River Ayade is talking about has been under construction for a coupke of years now and may be at the completion stage.

Only 3 countries in the world have comparative advantage in rice production and are Thailand, India and Vietnam as they have large amounts of the best land for growing paddy rice. All others should import some quantity of rice consumed.

Increasing investment in rice production will not make us get there. If you have comparative advantage in a widget, you have it!

High tariff walls have proven to be an unproductive way to conserve Forex.

The best way as always been to allow your currency to float.

If there's strong demand for imports your currency will depreciate making imports dearer and less affordable. At the same time, it makes your local goods cheaper than the foreign imports increasing domestic demand.

Also, your producra become more competitive in the global market place encouraging exports.

There's been an cocoa boom in Ondo state due to the devalued naira

1 Like

Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by 400billionman: 9:51am On May 21, 2018
Is this another Tinapa? These men are not hiring professionals.
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by Nobody: 9:58am On May 21, 2018
scam artist
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by donqx: 10:02am On May 21, 2018
hmm
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by Killurself: 10:17am On May 21, 2018
how the governor will do something, they gather all state money and spend it on December carnival.
Re: How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade by gabbasin(m): 10:45am On May 21, 2018
propaganda everywhere, the much publicized Lagos lake rice can't be purchased in the open market except during festive periods when few bags are sold to lucky and connected civil servants, that of anambra that the governor boasted that they are now exporting can not be found in the popular Onitsha markets talkless of being expoorted and now a phantom rice revolution in cross river state. all our governors boast of achievements are just figments of their imaginations

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Ready To Attend YABDI Lagos Special Agribusiness Innovation Program / Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy / Palm Kernel Oil Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.