Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,838 members, 7,898,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. (19323 Views)

Ogun: Unauthorised Flyover Bridge In Omo Forest / Wike Inspects Rebisi Flyover Bridge In Port Harcourt (Photos) / As Gov. Emmanuel Okays Construction Of Road In Ikono-uyo, Works Comm. Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by Amuluonyenaego: 9:47pm On May 22, 2018
I still dey ask, is ojo Alaba side close to TradeFair via satellite part of lagos state at all?
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by silazy(m): 10:07pm On May 22, 2018
God Bless Ambode, God bless Lagos!
Abeg una fit demolish Savoury and Pedro's bar but make una no touch that Amala joint for Fagba's junction o. That joint has saved more lives than the Federal Government and we the good people of Fagba and it environs will chose the joint over a good road

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by 3Ceagle(m): 10:18pm On May 22, 2018
BigBelleControl:
Eyah! So Pedro's would be affected. Where will those oloshos display thier wares. Social club should welcome more merchants.

That shouldn't be your major problem, they will always find their way else where for greener pasture.
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by hardbody: 10:24pm On May 22, 2018
BigBelleControl:
Eyah! So Pedro's would be affected. Where will those oloshos display thier wares. Social club should welcome more merchants.

Bros you be area....pedro, my stop over...
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by ogunsj: 10:28pm On May 22, 2018
Amuluonyenaego.k:
I still dey ask, is ojo Alabk.a side close to TradeFair via satellite part of lagos state at all?
No. let finish with agege, alimosho first before remembering you people.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 22, 2018
Ambode for Presido

1 Like

Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by 49cents(m): 10:29pm On May 22, 2018
silazy:
God Bless Ambode, God bless Lagos!
Abeg una fit demolish Savoury and Pedro's bar but make una no touch that Amala joint for Fagba's junction o. That joint has saved more lives than the Federal Government and we the good people of Fagba and it environs will chose the joint over a good road

Lol. Pedro and savoury with their pos policy
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by abimic(m): 10:32pm On May 22, 2018
hush15:

While i appreciate the governors gesture with all sense of gratitude, if it is the fagba i know, flyover ke? Lets see how it goes.

Moreso, another round of house demolishing is about to go round. Pele o, i hope it wont affect my nusery and primary school sha.
Of course it should, like the great Providence heights nursery and primary school but at least, it's for a general interest which supersedes vested interest.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by abimic(m): 10:36pm On May 22, 2018
Liberator007:
As long as this is commendable, the timing is what I have issues with. He said the construction will run concurrently with the Pen Cinema bridge. How will people cope? People have been making detours, going through Ogba to Fagba to avoid Pen Cinema but what happens when he starts the Fagba bridge? All is well
We go pass obawole

1 Like

Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by Eponbubu: 10:57pm On May 22, 2018
BigBelleControl:

They will all relocate to social club which is their base at night, places like stalad, glass house and miyaki should welcome more Oloshos too Lol.
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by proff010: 11:09pm On May 22, 2018
Effect of tramadol......quote author=Clean2016 post=67790432]When will Lagos start construction of underground. ? Imagine having an underground route from Ajah to Abulē Egba[/quote]
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by wristbangle: 11:21pm On May 22, 2018
Bolustical:
Good one. God bless the governor.

BTW, it is almost a year since Anambra signed the MOU for the airport and we have not seen any thread on the progress of work.

NdiAnambra, please update us na. One Nigeria. grin grin grin

would update soon na tongue tongue
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by Jojoki16: 11:23pm On May 22, 2018
Abode for Nigeria of Preseant 2023
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by MrRitchie: 11:27pm On May 22, 2018
grandstar:
Click like if you think a bridge is badly needed on Agidingbi road.

ah my hood, we badly need a bridge there, but the problem is the road is too narrow, if something like would take place, then tonic, peace motors etc will be affected because that very spots are more narrow compared to others down to omole
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by dudubymen: 11:37pm On May 22, 2018
Its all about the election, build more bridges, make more money. No more million worth projects all they do is billions worth projects is all for the money, they don't mind running 1000 bridges so they can tell you where the money was spent.
groovie:
Good idea with so many disadvantages. So you are working on ikeja express, we use agege as detour, u are working at pen cinema, we decide to use ogba as detour, you now decide to work on fagba and block all options. Does this make sense at all? Why can't this be done one after the other?
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by grandstar(m): 12:21am On May 23, 2018
MrRitchie:
ah my hood, we badly need a bridge there, but the problem is the road is too narrow, if something like would take place, then tonic, peace motors etc will be affected because that very spots are more narrow compared to others down to omole

The narrowness of that area has always been a problem.

The 2nd biggest cost should be that of properly compensating those affected.

Something desperately needs to be done.

Were that traffic jam to disappear along that route, property values will soar

1 Like

Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by groovie(m): 12:40am On May 23, 2018
dudubymen:
Its all about the election, build more bridges, make more money. No more million worth projects all they do is billions worth projects is all for the money, they don't mind running 1000 bridges so they can tell you where the money was spent.
I know, but alot of ignorant people here are already praising him. Nigerians can never understand.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by globatop: 1:58am On May 23, 2018
Bolowolowo:
If every state had a governor had an Ambode like mind...we can only imagine

Lagos has been blessed with successive good governors not only revenue, as for imagination, Lagos would have been decongested, as so many immigrants would go back to their States.
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by skayT: 2:23am On May 23, 2018
hush15:

While i appreciate the governors gesture with all sense of gratitude, if it is the fagba i know, flyover ke? Lets see how it goes.

Moreso, another round of house demolishing is about to go round. Pele o, i hope it wont affect my nusery and primary school sha.
Sincerely, this news gladdens my heart. But, I still can't fathom how the construction of a flyover bridge at Fagba will be achieved without the demolishion of houses. The issue with that Agege-Iju road is that, over time, the number of vehicles plying that route have increased astronomically. More so, most vehicles use it as a link to Abule-Egba, Oke-Aro and Akute. Since that route seemingly looks like the most motorable and shorter route. Truth be told, the expansion of the link road and construction of a bridge on that route have been long over due!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by Mikeross62: 4:16am On May 23, 2018
Ambo oo ambo
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by mukthar2000(m): 7:13am On May 23, 2018
Landlord in fagba should get ready for house demolish any moment from now, oga ooo
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by Liberator007(m): 7:19am On May 23, 2018
abimic:

We go pass obawole
You can just picture it yourself.
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by hush15: 7:30am On May 23, 2018
abimic:

Of course it should, like the great Providence heights nursery and primary school but at least, it's for a general interest which supersedes vested interest.

Providence heights is along Daddy Savage which i believe shouldnt be affected. As for the nursery and Primary School, i believe its shouldnt either because that school is still a bit upward and any demolition will have to take the baales house, pedro's bar, fowobi'station and a few others before it gets to providence and unlike other buildings that encroach on main road, the school rather kept a safe gap whic ia also used as parking lot. So most likely ita the parkibg lot that would probably be affected but should it affect at all, it will be sad one because that school is almost 40years.

Neway i know that route like the back of my palm and for some reason, i still feel like that flyover bridge isnt the answer. For many years, that route has been the only way in and out of that axis. All cars are facing the same direction when goin out and when coming in. What the need is options. More motorable route options other than alagbole. Then the need to move bustops far away from that junction because all these yellow buses stop indiscriminately also. The other option is road expansion which would lead to alot of heartaches also because of house demolition....

They should sha think it properly because the panacea for headache ia not cutting off the head o

1 Like

Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by eyomade(m): 7:47am On May 23, 2018
BigBelleControl:
Bro na day area ur crib Dey oooo
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by UfuomaUN(m): 7:56am On May 23, 2018
welcome Dev. I just road is narrow and the volume of cars using that road daily is in thousands. Lagos is so so overwhelmed Infrastructurally the only feasible solution is for the Federal govt should work towards spreading economy activities to hinterland or other coastal states to avoid an epidemic
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by kofomii: 8:29am On May 23, 2018
JAKANDE GATE,(AFTER OKE-AFA) TOO NEED FLYOVER
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by Printerscanner: 9:11am On May 23, 2018
BigBelleControl:

Omo iya mi, my brother from another mother. So, you sef dey reach Pedro. One Love bros, One Love.
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by newslifeop: 9:58am On May 23, 2018
hmmm
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by Ayofaks(f): 10:10am On May 23, 2018
BigBelleControl:
I was about to type this cheesy cheesy
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by Ayobami7(m): 1:02pm On May 23, 2018
Okay
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by MrRitchie: 7:33pm On May 23, 2018
grandstar:

The narrowness of that area has always been a problem.

The 2nd biggest cost should be that of properly compensating those affected.

Something desperately needs to be done.

Were that traffic jam to disappear along that route, property values will soar
you're right.

That joint end at zenith bank and the other one at third gate are the major problems, because that's the only route to take direct to Ikeja/berger once you find yours at main road (lateef jakande)

But I doubt if any bridge would pass through their
Re: Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. by iamsmile(m): 8:28am On May 24, 2018
BigBelleControl:
Sabi boy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Reacts To Her Appointment As DG-WTO / Economic Hardship: Borno State Governor Declares One-Day Fasting And Prayer / Xenophobia: Timi Frank Writes South African President Cyril Ramaphosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.