Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:38 PM

FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff (28521 Views)

NDIC Calls On Depositors In 20 Liquidated Banks To Claim Their Money / Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out / Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by diamond81: 10:10pm On May 22, 2018
What do u expect from a useless bank that have no regard for staff welfare, imagine a bank that employ graduates and pay them N30K with outrageous targets. The operational staff are not left out, one person does the job of about five people, their staff are being overwhelmed by work. Most of those front tellers are paid poorly and this has increased the rate of fraud in the bank, anyone that has money in that bank is susceptible to in house fraud. In some of the fraud cases, senior officers of the bank are involved. The bank need to learn some lessons from GTB in respect of staff welfare. Fcmb is the worst paying bank as even union and wema bank pay better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by deanmizzy(m): 10:17pm On May 22, 2018
gidzbobby:
Anything ''Lion Building'' bankers no like to hear that word. If those guys get hold of the culprit, just a slap, azin a slap will make him/her have hearing impairment. Our formal staff at GTB was slapped and even taken to kirikiri just for being hypnotized, Niggar was dying... Thanks to some branch managers who came to his rescue, he was granted bail. Next monday, na so my guy resign o. Niggar now a supervisor at one of those eateries at d Island. Till date, baba no dey really hear well....
Hello Please I sent u a dm on ywittet. Kindky reply.. Twitter
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 22, 2018
xreal:
I am not surprised.

There was a morning I was in one of their branches.
A woman walked in complaining of unauthorized withdrawals from her account via ATM.

She complained bitterly in the banking hall, she said her ATM card had expired over a year ago and never got a new ATM card intentionally.
She was flinging her card for whoever cared to see the expiry date on it while complaining.

Those bankers couldn't explain, in fact they didn't show any sign of concern, it looked as if it was a normal occurrence to them.

After the woman left, few of them talked silently and all bursted into laughter.

I felt bad.

Since then, I run from FCMB.

Bros, I had to run for my dear life the day FCMB sent me a statement of account which says that am having minus (-230naira) as my account balance. I know bother to look back. I ran far far from them since then. Account wey I no dey use, come still give me a negative balance.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by xreal: 10:24pm On May 22, 2018
slimany:

Bros, I had to run for my dear life the day FCMB sent me a statement of account which says that am having minus (-230naira) as my account balance. I know bother to look back. I ran far far from them since then. Account wey I no dey use, come still give me a negative balance.

Lol
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by weedfada(m): 11:43pm On May 22, 2018
Working in a bank is very tempting. Now imagine working in one with a very awful pay package... That's a disaster waiting to happen. If u gat sticky fingers or don't trust yourself, stay away. Especially FT & C&T.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by chukxie(m): 3:00am On May 23, 2018
buchilino:

U BLAME DEM, WEN FCMB PAYS MOST OF DEM PEANUTS AS SALARY.

So the workers at FCMB have the right to steal from their customers money because they are peanuts as salaries?

1 Like

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Nobody: 4:21am On May 23, 2018
Twoclans:

I am very sure the millions of salary earners that have been defrauded by this bank all in the name of salary loans will never agree with your above submission. You are correct the bank has at least 15% of its staff force that are a little bit good

have we broken up? cry
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by AGManuel: 5:30am On May 23, 2018
Paying graduates 30k with outrageous targets is frustrating... Worst Still they don't pay for the first month, they combine the both salaries to pay in the second month , expecting you to hustle ur way through the hardship and they still complain about productivity
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by buchilino(m): 7:13am On May 23, 2018
chukxie:

So the workers at FCMB have the right to steal from their customers money because they are peanuts as salaries?

NO EVIL IS JUSTIFIED, BUT IF U DON'T PREPARE FOR A BATTLE, UR DESTINED FOR FAILURE. MY POINT IS DAT WEN U AS ORGANIZATION DON'T TAKE GOOD CARE OF UR STAFF, IT'S A RECIPE FOR DISASTERS

1 Like

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Twoclans(f): 7:21am On May 23, 2018
Hanseel1:

have we broken up? cry

I should be asking you that question . undecided You told me good bye until next month ,and the next thing you are here sharing posts.

I never told you I am saint Augustina ,its annoying me that my dp was irritating you,sometimes you just annoy me honestly.

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by chukxie(m): 8:01am On May 23, 2018
buchilino:

NO EVIL IS JUSTIFIED, BUT IF U DON'T PREPARE FOR A BATTLE, UR DESTINED FOR FAILURE. MY POINT IS DAT WEN U AS ORGANIZATION DON'T TAKE GOOD CARE OF UR STAFF, IT'S A RECIPE FOR DISASTERS

The fact that the bank pays "peanuts" doesn't justify the workers at the said bank stealing from their clients. Those thieves could've turned down the job offer when they got it. They should rot in jail.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by buchilino(m): 8:07am On May 23, 2018
chukxie:

The fact that the bank pays "peanuts" doesn't justify the workers at the said bank stealing from their clients. Those thieves could've turned down the job offer when they got it. They should rot in jail.

DON'T ALWAYS BE QUICK TO CONDEMN OTHERS. FINE, WAT DEY DID WAS WRONG, BUT D BANK ITSELF IS AS GUILTY AS DEM. MANY OF DEM MAY NOT HAVE EMBARKED ON SUCH ACTIVITY IF D BANK HAD TREATED DEM IN A HUMANE WAY. Y DO U HEAR MUTINY IN D NIGERIAN ARMY, AFTER GIVING UR BLOOD N SWEAT, UR ORGANIZATION WILL TREAT LIKE TRASH.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by chukxie(m): 8:39am On May 23, 2018
buchilino:

DON'T ALWAYS BE QUICK TO CONDEMN OTHERS. FINE, WAT DEY DID WAS WRONG, BUT D BANK ITSELF IS AS GUILTY AS DEM. MANY OF DEM MAY NOT HAVE EMBARKED ON SUCH ACTIVITY IF D BANK HAD TREATED DEM IN A HUMANE WAY. Y DO U HEAR MUTINY IN D NIGERIAN ARMY, AFTER GIVING UR BLOOD N SWEAT, UR ORGANIZATION WILL TREAT LIKE TRASH.

Don't even compare stealing to mutiny. Don't even start. Please! Bankers stealing hundreds of millions of Naira from their clients is as bad as it gets. If we can't trust bankers with our money, then who do we trust?
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by buchilino(m): 9:11am On May 23, 2018
chukxie:

Don't even compare stealing to mutiny. Don't even start. Please! Bankers stealing hundreds of millions of Naira from their clients is as bad as it gets. If we can't trust bankers with our money, then who do we trust?

MY POINT IS, CREATE A GOOD CONDUCIVE ENVIRONMENT 4 PPLE TO WORK WITH N LETS C IF D LEVEL CRIME N FRAUD IN THE BANKING SECTOR WILL REDUCE OR INCREASE. UR PRESIDENT RECENTLY CALLED NIGERIAN YOUTHS LAZY, YET HIS GOVERNMENT DIDN'T CREATE A CONDUCIVE ENVIRONMENT 4 D YOUTHS TO SUCCEED. IT'S D SAME WITH PPLE IN BANKING SECTOR. MOTIVATE UR STAFF N LETS C IF DEY WILL STILL INVOLVE DEMSELVES IN FRAUD. ASK URSELF DIS QUESTION Y ISN'T ZENITH, FIRSTBANK OR DIAMOND BANK INVOLVED IN SO MUCH FRAUD, SIMPLE D BANK IS DOING IT'S BEST IN TAKING CARE OF IT'S STAFF. UNLIKE FCMB.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Printerscanner: 9:16am On May 23, 2018
meganews:
-

The names of the bankers as declared in the official gazette and made available to meganews.com.ng are: Linda Natufe Chekwube, Matthew Akpan Benny, Juwon Faromoh, Oluwasoji Ajetumobi, Ogunlaja Olasukanmi Ganiyu, Oshiojum Chibuzor Wilson, Akanaga Christian Chika and Nelson Omuzagha.

http://meganews.com.ng/2018/05/22/fcmb-depositors-lose-over-n600m-to-fraudulent-staff/

Share this:

Southern Solidarity (Yoruba/Igbo), Christian/Muslim alliance, with unity we can achieve anything even crime.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by chukxie(m): 9:34am On May 23, 2018
buchilino:

MY POINT IS, CREATE A GOOD CONDUCIVE ENVIRONMENT 4 PPLE TO WORK WITH N LETS C IF D LEVEL CRIME N FRAUD IN THE BANKING SECTOR WILL REDUCE OR INCREASE. UR PRESIDENT RECENTLY CALLED NIGERIAN YOUTHS LAZY, YET HIS GOVERNMENT DIDN'T CREATE A CONDUCIVE ENVIRONMENT 4 D YOUTHS TO SUCCEED. IT'S D SAME WITH PPLE IN BANKING SECTOR. MOTIVATE UR STAFF N LETS C IF DEY WILL STILL INVOLVE DEMSELVES IN FRAUD. ASK URSELF DIS QUESTION Y ISN'T ZENITH, FIRSTBANK OR DIAMOND BANK INVOLVED IN SO MUCH FRAUD, SIMPLE D BANK IS DOING IT'S BEST IN TAKING CARE OF IT'S STAFF. UNLIKE FCMB.

What stopped the bankers at FCMB from resigning en masse since they weren't been properly taken care of like other banks do their staff? Why steal from somebody's account since their salaries don't commensurate with their workloads ? Why not just quit the job?

1 Like

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by chisure: 9:37am On May 23, 2018
Banks now steal from people and look for a name to give it. Deduction for what ever, charges fee. This one is breeding thieves
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by newslifeop: 9:50am On May 23, 2018
ohh
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Ayobami7(m): 10:36am On May 23, 2018
okay
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by joedejoe: 10:51am On May 23, 2018
FCMB is on the receptive path of retributive justice. If you can imagine the number of innocent, hardworking, dedicated and experienced staff, terminated, dismissrd and advised to resign and viciously lost their lives or that of their loved ones out of shock to their early grave, you will not pity them.

They have not seen anything as this is the beginning and a tip of the iceberg, unless they ask these innocent hardworking ex staff for mercy and forgiveness.

What do you expect of a bank where a diligent staff put in over 13 years of professional service without queries, disciplinary issues at all for these 13 years but was maliciously and unjustly axed out of the system. His sin is that he was scammed and he was very truthful and honest about the whole incident. He sold all his personal effects as well as borrowed and replaced the scamed sum within few hours, yet they wickedly and inhumanly as well as maliciously metted out life threstening treatment to this staff. The situations of ex staff like this constitute prayers to God and the answer from God will not be anything short of what is happenong to them now. Honesty and truthfulness have been rejected so they must have dishonesty and fraudsters whithin in abundance.

The only solution is not even streghtening the internal control or salary increase but making peace with God by reconciling with these staff whose pains, hues and cries ascend
to God every day without stop.

We pity and are praying for the innocent customers who are victims of internal injustice, treachery, wickedness and inhumanity in the system and above all Godlessness.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by buchilino(m): 10:54am On May 23, 2018
chukxie:

What stopped the bankers at FCMB from resigning en masse since they weren't been properly taken care of like other banks do their staff? Why steal from somebody's account since their salaries don't commensurate with their workloads ? Why not just quit the job?

U C IT FROM A PARTICULAR ANGLE BUT I C D SITUATION FROM A DIFFERENT ANGLE. HUMAN BEINGS HAVE DIFFERENT WAYS OF CONFRONTING CHALLENGES. D WAY U HANDLE CHALLENGES MAYBE DIFFERENT FROM THE WAY ANOTHER PERSON HANDLE CHALLENGES.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by joedejoe: 10:58am On May 23, 2018
May God have mercy and forgive the sins of treschery and wickedness committed by some mgt staff against innocent ex staff maliciously dismissed, terminated and advised to resign unjustly.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by chukxie(m): 11:22am On May 23, 2018
buchilino:

U C IT FROM A PARTICULAR ANGLE BUT I C D SITUATION FROM A DIFFERENT ANGLE. HUMAN BEINGS HAVE DIFFERENT WAYS OF CONFRONTING CHALLENGES. D WAY U HANDLE CHALLENGES MAYBE DIFFERENT FROM THE WAY ANOTHER PERSON HANDLE CHALLENGES.

You have a point, though. It appears to you the saying " The end justifies the means" is all that matters. If someone stole your phone because he didn't have a phone as good as yours, would the action of that person be justified?
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by lokonzo78: 11:28am On May 23, 2018
omoolorire:

In as much you can't pray for your father's investment to pack off over night. Pls learn to address issues on social media. Otunba Subomi has really sacrifice a lot to make the bank become what it is today. Go and read my post today on this you will find answer to your problem there. To be honest there is nothing wrong with the bank but the system is faulty.
I know board of director very well, they must have been thinking on what to do ASAP.
Can you please come to the branch and see the BM. He will resolve issues ASAP. No need to feel bitter for issues that can be resolved.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 23, 2018
Alanzazani:
Very terrible bank. Full of frauds. I can't wait to close down my account with them

Just now an FCMB staff sent me a message oh. I don't even have an account with them. But am playing along to see what he wants.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Naturalista(f): 7:55pm On May 23, 2018
I know one of their ex staff who committed sucide because of a loan gone bad.He was a guarantor for a customer and the person absconded.He took his life before EFCC could get to him.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by brodalokie: 8:06pm On May 23, 2018
$5,000 just disappeared untop western union counter after agreeing to pickup the money based on padi padi level. After taking the banker man to police station, the guy just invite army guy and they closed the case. Chain fcmb there is God o.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by diamond81: 12:32am On May 24, 2018
After that staff commited murder, a mail was sent to all staff warning them not to discuss staff welfare with the media, most of their staff now involve themselves in lending business to make up for the poor salary

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price / How To Save Money On Jumia And Konga Black Friday Deals / Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.