Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,172 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:10 AM

Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha (1351 Views)

Buhari Praises Dangote, Elumelu, Atiku, Banks and Other For Donations / President Buhari Praises Ugwuanyi’s Achievements In Enugu / Buhari Praises Abacha: He Built Roads, Hospitals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by 3Ebisco: 9:56pm On May 23, 2018
Many Nigerians have taken to their favorite social media platforms to react to President Buhari‘s eulogy of former military dictator, General Sani Abacha.

President Buhari today said no matter how anybody feels or what they think, former military dictator, General Sani Abacha, contributed immensely to the infrastructural development of the country during his time in office.

President Buhari said this when he hosted the Buhari Support Organisation (BSO), led by Hameed Ali, Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), today May 22nd.

According to the president, Nigeria’s civilian presidents before and after Abacha spent billions of naira in infrastructure yet have had little to show for it.

“I have to repeat what I want public to know here. Some of you may not have heard it. Either there is no power in your place or even in the television, I said and I challenge anybody to check from Europe, Asia and America. Between 1999 and 2014, Nigeria was getting 2.1 million barrels per day at average cost of $100 dollars per barrel. It went up to $143. So Nigeria was earning 2.1m million times 100 times 16 years seven days a week. When we came, it collapsed to $37-38 and it was oscillating between 40 and 54 sometimes. I went to the Governor of Central Bank; thank goodness I did not sack him; he is still there! I went with my cap in my hand but there were no savings, only debt. And you know more than I do the condition of the roads and some of them were not repaired since PTF days. No matter what opinion you have about Abacha, I agreed to work with him and the PTF road we did from here to Port Harcourt, to Onitsha, to Benin and so on. On top of other things in the institution, education, medical care and so on.

You know the rail was killed and one of the former Heads of State between that time was bragging that he spent more than $15billion, not naira, on power. Where is the power? Where is the power? And now we have to pay the debts and this year and last year’s budgets I took to the National Assembly were the highest in capital projects: more than N1.3trillion.

Let anybody come and confront me publicly in the National Assembly. What have they been doing? Some of them have been there for 10 years. What have they been doing? So, really, this country, luckily for me, I said it about eight years [ago] that we have no other country than Nigeria, we should remain here and salvage it together no matter what you have outside” he said

See some reactions below;

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/nigerians-react-as-president-buhari.html

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by madridguy(m): 9:56pm On May 23, 2018
Let me stand here.
Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by 3Ebisco: 9:57pm On May 23, 2018
3Ebisco:
Many Nigerians have taken to their favorite social media platforms to react to President Buhari‘s eulogy of former military dictator, General Sani Abacha.

President Buhari today said no matter how anybody feels or what they think, former military dictator, General Sani Abacha, contributed immensely to the infrastructural development of the country during his time in office.

President Buhari said this when he hosted the Buhari Support Organisation (BSO), led by Hameed Ali, Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), today May 22nd.

According to the president, Nigeria’s civilian presidents before and after Abacha spent billions of naira in infrastructure yet have had little to show for it.

“I have to repeat what I want public to know here. Some of you may not have heard it. Either there is no power in your place or even in the television, I said and I challenge anybody to check from Europe, Asia and America. Between 1999 and 2014, Nigeria was getting 2.1 million barrels per day at average cost of $100 dollars per barrel. It went up to $143. So Nigeria was earning 2.1m million times 100 times 16 years seven days a week. When we came, it collapsed to $37-38 and it was oscillating between 40 and 54 sometimes. I went to the Governor of Central Bank; thank goodness I did not sack him; he is still there! I went with my cap in my hand but there were no savings, only debt. And you know more than I do the condition of the roads and some of them were not repaired since PTF days. No matter what opinion you have about Abacha, I agreed to work with him and the PTF road we did from here to Port Harcourt, to Onitsha, to Benin and so on. On top of other things in the institution, education, medical care and so on.

You know the rail was killed and one of the former Heads of State between that time was bragging that he spent more than $15billion, not naira, on power. Where is the power? Where is the power? And now we have to pay the debts and this year and last year’s budgets I took to the National Assembly were the highest in capital projects: more than N1.3trillion.

Let anybody come and confront me publicly in the National Assembly. What have they been doing? Some of them have been there for 10 years. What have they been doing? So, really, this country, luckily for me, I said it about eight years [ago] that we have no other country than Nigeria, we should remain here and salvage it together no matter what you have outside” he said

See some reactions below;

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/nigerians-react-as-president-buhari.html

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by sarrki(m): 9:57pm On May 23, 2018
On this am not with Baba

A criminal is a criminal

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by madridguy(m): 9:59pm On May 23, 2018
Bros, Abacha of blessed memory may not be saint but I sees him as angel compare to some block and empty heads we are having now.
The problem Abacha had back then was simply because he failed to associate with the western powers. He never allowed them to dictate to him as we are having now that our president and everyone is running to the UK/US before they can cough.

The biggest looters are walking freely and tagging many of their act to the late Abacha simply because he's dead.

Nigeria biggest looters are:

Abdul Salaam Abubakar

Ibrahim Babangida

Till today no man alive can compete with these two men in looting.

The only thing Abacha failed to achieve before his untimely death is not killing the enemies of Nigeria. I mean our greatest problems ruling us from the 70s till date.

Yah Sanni Abacha, may the Rahmah of Allah SWT be upon your soul, ameen.

sarrki:
On this am not with Baba

A criminal is a criminal

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by obonujoker(m): 10:22pm On May 23, 2018
madridguy:
Bros, Abacha of blessed memory may not be saint but I sees him as angel compare to some block and empty heads we are having now.
The problem Abacha had back then was simply because he failed to associate with the western powers. He never allowed them to dictate to him as we are having now that our president and everyone is running to the UK/US before they can cough.

The biggest looters are walking freely and tagging many of their act to the late Abacha simply because he's dead.

Abdul Salaam Abubakar

Ibrahim Babangida

The only thing Abacha failed to achieve before his untimely death is not killing the enemies of Nigeria. I mean our greatest problems ruling us from the 70s till date.

Abacha has no blessed memory... na curses memory bro...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by frankdGreat125: 10:28pm On May 23, 2018
We all know how illiteracy have disturbing papa buharism, who have been suffering from Ear problems to facial surgery of Sudanese Jibrin.
God will punish his generation.
If you agreed like, against share

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by phase1: 10:40pm On May 23, 2018
Ewedu zombies will now agree with mohomodu buhary that abacha is a saint.
Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by CoolFreeday(m): 10:49pm On May 23, 2018
though Abach is not a saint, but in terns of achievement, I'm yet to see his equal. most of the projects are visible till day
Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by Paperwhite(m): 11:04pm On May 23, 2018
Abacha & Buhari are all criminals. angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 23, 2018
It's so glaring that Abacha was a renowned thief, but Buhari is here eulogising the thief and murderer.

#Spits into his face

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by crimeboss: 11:38pm On May 23, 2018
I av to wonder why u people who support buhari agree abacha did some good infrastructurally when most of the billions of dollars that would av been used for developmental projects were stacked in foreign banks allover the world, now buhari is praising a dictator, looter and a murderer as a shining example of a leader, for those that support and agree with buhari it's obviously clear that this president is corrupt, more clueless and shallow minded as all holding negative opinions against him claims that he is.
Abacha never stole?, i still ponder on this comment from buhari even now coming out to make this statement on abacha signifies the fact that buhari is a version of the despotic leader in the guise of a democrat, a pretender of flail integrity, and an enforcer of corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by progress69: 11:47pm On May 23, 2018
I dont understand, u praise someone when there is something he did right and condemn when he did wrong.
Is it a lie that we still have PTF text books in schools, or PTF bedsheets in hospitals or PTF projects or infrastructures built by Abacha?
Rather than show us PDP's infrastructure in 16 years, pr dispute the facts, they are busy saying irrelevant things.
Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by Mikeross62: 12:26am On May 24, 2018
Something is definitely wrong with our president,this democracy dispensation is the worst since democracy in Nigeria, we need to get out of this mess asap
Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by BabaRamota1980: 12:57am On May 24, 2018
madridguy:

Abdul Salaam Abubakar

Ibrahim Babangida

Roads built by Awolowo under AG in the West are still standing.

These Abacha infrastructures are only about two decades old and are death traps. The roads send travellers to morgues then hospitals send survivors to morgues.

If Abacha hospitals were that good why is president going to London for care? Why Buhari not make Abacha proud and use the hospital built by him?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by stonemasonn: 1:48am On May 24, 2018
progress69:
I dont understand, u praise someone when there is something he did right and condemn when he did wrong.
Is it a lie that we still have PTF text books in schools, or PTF bedsheets in hospitals or PTF projects or infrastructures built by Abacha?
Rather than show us PDP's infrastructure in 16 years, pr dispute the facts, they are busy saying irrelevant things.
REALLY! So there were no textbooks and bed sheets in Nigeria before PTF?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by progress69: 2:34am On May 24, 2018
stonemasonn:
REALLY! So there were no textbooks and bed sheets in Nigeria before PTF?

There was a thread about PTF bead spreads and others sometime ago on NL. U can use google to search it, if u cant, u can kindly ask your ancestors.
Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by stonemasonn: 4:03am On May 24, 2018
progress69:

There was a thread about PTF bead spreads and others sometime ago on NL. U can use google to search it, if u cant, u can kindly ask your ancestors.
If I’m to ask my ancestors they’d tell me that most of the infractures we have today were built in the 60s, 70s and early 80s. I was in secondary school during the time of PTF and most of the projects especially road construction were in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by Omeokachie: 7:34am On May 24, 2018
Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are.

Buhari has told Nigerians and the entire world that he is friend with the most corrupt ruler to ever preside over the affairs of this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by lastempero: 7:41am On May 24, 2018
There is an atom of truth in what the guy said and if u are a history student u will readily agree with me that the military gave us most of the infrastuctures we have now.
Re: Nigerians React As President Buhari Praises Late Military Dictator Sani Abacha by Nobody: 7:45am On May 24, 2018
Omeokachie:
Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are.

Buhari has told Nigerians and the entire world that he is friend with the most corrupt ruler to ever preside over the affairs of this country.
Saint Abacha never stole

cc lzaa onyeoga madridguy buhariguy pointzerom shalomc iceberg3 deji7 femi4 t9ksy bamoski4real

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Guber: APC Chieftain Calls For Nullification Of Election Results / No Going Back On My Decision To Exit APC– Gov Ortom / How Ex-pres. Jonathan Cancelled Baro Port & Divert N19 Billions To ND Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.