Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,697 members, 7,972,586 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:27 PM

Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court (6048 Views)

EFCC Drags Gov Yahaya Bello To Appeal Court, Over Ruling On N400m, 14 Properties / 2023: Efcc Drags Oba Back To Court, May 5 / EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by abokibuhari: 6:40am On May 24, 2018
seunmsg:

There is no big deal in inviting someone to come and answer some few questions about an interview. She and the lawyer were invited and not indicted or charged to court as some of you are trying to insinuate. The lawyer made some remarks that can impugn the integrity of the court and it is legal for him to be invited to explain himself. There is nothing baffling in the invitation and Maupe is not being singled out for anything.
Don't know why I hate you
Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by seunmsg(m): 6:42am On May 24, 2018
abokibuhari:

Don't know why I hate you

I am not really surprised. Hypocrites always hate fair minded and objective folks.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by abokibuhari: 6:43am On May 24, 2018
seunmsg:

I am not really surprised. Hypocrites always hate fair minded and objective folks.
You always bias... Change bro and speak for the truth.
Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by alexhl(m): 7:02am On May 24, 2018
"Court Grants EFCC’s Application to Continue Metuh’s Trial in Absential, Summons Channels TV GM over Allegation of Prejudicial Statements" there is no misleading headline please, who now initiated the application?
amaechi1:

It obvious you are just reacting based on this misleading post. It was judge that ordered the presenter to come based on submission made by the prosecuting lawyer. Beside this not the first a court of competent jurisdiction will request for such.
Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by alexhl(m): 7:09am On May 24, 2018
Seun you are not being fair minded, at least you can read, but still you just chose to react contradictory to what you read...

seunmsg:

Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by Omeokachie: 7:09am On May 24, 2018
Intimidate the press to stop coverage.
Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by Talknochip(m): 7:51am On May 24, 2018
And there was a PROPHESY in January dis year warning Channels tv to b careful and pray against court cases in 2018!
Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:02am On May 24, 2018
chyy5:

More tolerant I hear. Do you know what those journalist go through in this current dispensation?

This is not Jonathan's era when there was freedom of speech.

Why not tell us what they are going through rather than shroud it in secrecy.

What is clear is that despite being constantly misquoted or misinterpreted to his detriment; Buhari had never had cause to clamp down on the media, he has so far allowed unhindered freedom of speech Nigerians have never enjoyed before; unlike GEJ was known to occasionally muzzle the press - if in doubt, asked Vanguard Newspaper whose office was raided under his tenure.
Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by seunmsg(m): 9:31am On May 24, 2018
alexhl:
Seun you are not being fair minded, at least you can read, but still you just chose to react contradictory to what you read...

My brother, i did not react contrary to what i read. I only tried to correct the erroneous impression that some people are trying to create. EFCC didn't charge channels TV, Maupe Ogun or the lawyer that appeared on the program to court. They simply complained to the court about the utterances of the lawyer and the court in its wisdom summoned them to come and clarify their comments. If you ask me, i think there is absolutely nothing wrong in what the court did. Anybody can be summoned by the court if the court feels the person needs to make some important clarification or when the person's testimony is essential to the case. A court summon is not an indictment.

When a case is subjudiced, it is always advisable not to publicly talk about its nitty gritty. When it is however important to talk about it, one should be properly guided in his/her choice of words. You cant talk carelessly about a case in a manner that impugns the integrity of the court and not expect this kind of summon.
Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by PFRB: 11:14am On May 24, 2018
They duo risk being remanded in prison from the moment they appear before the judge. Check what happened to Olu Onaguruwa in Zik Vs fed govt on tax charges. 1978/79.
Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by Akeem1759(m): 12:39pm On May 24, 2018
Ibegtodiffer:
MAUPE WASN'T ON THE SHOW THAT DAY. IT WAS GIMBA AND OTHERS. SO WHY IS MAUPE BEING INVITED? THEM NEVER TALK TRUE..
I'm also surprise oo, I recollect vividly that man was the only one in the Abuja studio, while Nelta, Gimba and Chamberlain de hammer am from Lag..

1 Like

Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by Mikkyjay17(m): 4:04pm On May 24, 2018
This could only exist in Nigeria where Security Agencies obey Court initial instruction to nab suspects and enjoy disobedience on Court Order to free the suspects.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: EFCC Drags Channels TV To Court by Ibegtodiffer: 8:09am On May 25, 2018
seunmsg:

There is no big deal in inviting someone to come and answer some few questions about an interview. She and the lawyer were invited and not indicted or charged to court as some of you are trying to insinuate. The lawyer made some remarks that can impugn the integrity of the court and it is legal for him to be invited to explain himself. There is nothing baffling in the invitation and Maupe is not being singled out for anything.

MY BROTHER, SHE WASN'T EVEN ON THAT SHOW! Why invite someone who wasn't on the program? Or is Magu's low IQ interview hunting her??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eid-el-kabir: Gov. Ugwuanyi Salutes Muslims, Calls For Prayers, Sustained Peace / Abba Yusuf: I Had No ‘Defection’ Agreement With Presidency Over Court Verdict / Nigeria $360 Billion A Year Economy 32nd Position In World Top 50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.