Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,083 members, 7,880,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:06 PM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (87165 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 2:47pm On Jun 17, 2010
I have switched from ITV to BBC.

BBC football analyst (Dixon [ex-Arsenal] better than Odegbami o) : Both Nigeria and Greece were very poor in their first game and both got nothing out of it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 2:51pm On Jun 17, 2010
Sagamite:

I have switched from ITV to BBC.

BBC football analyst (Dixon [ex-Arsenal] better than Odegbami o) : Both Nigeria and Greece were very poor in their first game and both got nothing out of it.

Conveniently omitting what Alan Hansen(ex-Liverpool Legend) said that he cannot see Greece winning this game cos they had only 3 shots against South Korea in their opening game. Total shots: 3
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2010
BBC football analyst's (Hansen [Ex-Liverpool], best analyst in my opinion) words used for Enyeama:

Fantastic
Sensational
Exceptional
Good hands

All under 30 seconds of description.

He is now the man to watch for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2010
Sagamite prefers this Korean scoreline vs Argentina than the Nigerian team
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

Conveniently omitting what Alan Hansen(ex-Liverpool Legend) said that he cannot see Greece winning this game cos they had only 3 shots against South Korea in their opening game. Total shots: 3

Wetin concern me, concern Greece?  undecided undecided undecided

The thing most of you are getting wrong is that my attack is not an attack on LGBK or SE.

It is an attack for those that want to claim to have seen improvement based on the Argie match. The palm wine wey una drink is contaminated.

I am not here to attack LGBK, I am in support of him.

I am here to block senseless praise of chimera improvements to disparage Amodu.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2010
shi.t
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by otokx(m): 7:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
We now know that this was a flash in the pan.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2010
OUR BOYS ARE AS GUTLESS AS ARSENAL BOYS !

I praise Lagerback and Wenger, when things go wrong and ur boys can muster unusual courage to fight the good fight there is absolutely nothing a coach can do . . .

It shows that LAGERBACK HAS BEEN SABOTAGED BY AMODU LIKE SAURON PROFERRED . . .

WTF was that kick for ?

God punish Kaita !!!

again, why did they allow Amodu any where near that team ?

why did he go to SA ? JUST TO COLLECT STIPENDS ?

isnt he supposed to be ashamed to play second fiddle ?

shameless gay ! angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2010
Abeg, make one person explain to me the reason for the Obasi-Odems substitution.

Please anyone from the crew of Lagerback can read the match and makes substitution at the right time (after watching one match under him).
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 11:27pm On Jun 17, 2010
Whilst I wait I will listen to some music to block out the silence.

[flash=420,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMbvcp480Y4[/flash]
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2010
Sagamite,

When a team is playing with a numerical disadvantage Most times(70% of the time) they lose. Osaze had to cover that part of the field where Kaita was and tired easily.

The only person who plays somehow similar to Osaze is Obasi that was why he was introduced

Or was it Lagerbacks fault that Kaita decided to lash out at an opponent in a game we were conviniently cruising.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 11:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 11:39pm On Jun 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Sagamite,

When a team is playing with a numerical disadvantage Most times(70% of the time) they lose. Osaze had to cover that part of the field where Kaita was and tired easily.

The only person who plays somehow similar to Osaze is Obasi that was why he was introduced

Or was it Lagerbacks fault that Kaita decided to lash out at an opponent in a game we were conviniently cruising.

Please tell me where you saw Odems tired after 45mins.

[flash=420,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o[/flash]

Please explain it to me like a nursery school child.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 11:43pm On Jun 17, 2010
Odems was useless abeg.
He had his opportunity to prove his mettle and he squandered it.
I dunno what is wrong with the nappy-head. . . . . . .The match went past him and i cannot remember him making any positive contribution.

The red card mucked Nigeria and Taiye Taiwo's injury put paid to any tactical susbstitution Lagerback woulda made.
Echejile(Taiye's sub) got crocked too and this is why we didn't see any striker coming on even though we needed to score.
In other words, Sani Keita should shoulder ALL the blame. Up until he lost his senses - Naija were cruising.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 11:44pm On Jun 17, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 11:46pm On Jun 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

Odems was useless abeg.
He had his opportunity to prove his mettle and he squandered it.
I dunno what is wrong with the nappy-head. . . . . . .The match went past him and i cannot remember him making any positive contribution.

The red card mucked Nigeria and Taiye Taiwo's injury put paid to any tactical susbstitution Lagerback woulda made.
Echejile(Taiye's sub) got crocked too and this is why we didn't see any striker coming on even though we needed to score.
In other words, Sani Keita should shoulder ALL the blame. Up until he lost his senses - Naija were cruising.

And Obasi was useful when he came in?

And Obasi proved his mettle in the first game? grin grin grin grin grin

That was an intelligent substitution? shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 11:49pm On Jun 17, 2010
Sagamite:

And Obasi was useful when he came in?

And Obasi proved his mettle in the first game? grin grin grin grin grin

That was an intelligent substitution? shocked

Obasi was more involved in the grand scheme of things.
He supplied Yakubu with a tasty pass but FATKUBU(with acres of space ahead of him) fluffed his lines when he coulda chipped the goalie.
The rebound fell to Obasi who lacked the composure to bury the ball into the net.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

Obasi was more involved in the grand scheme of things.
He supplied Yakubu with a tasty pass but FATKUBU(with acres of space ahead of him) fluffed his lines when he coulda chipped the goalie.
The rebound fell to Obasi who lacked the composure to bury the ball into the net.

ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That one pass is all you saw and decided he was involved.

And you try to blame yakubu that made a great run and stayed on side, then placed it to a corner still on target but keeper made a good save.

But want to let Obasi of the hook (because he is a LGBK sub grin) for missing an EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPTY NET?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2010
You clamoured for Odems to start, he started and was horrible all through.

I am cutting him some slack because when a player bags a red all game plan gets disrupted.

@ Sagamite, Did you watch Man Utd vs Bayern at Old Trafford? Man Utd was coating just like Nigeria today until Rafael got a yellow and the dynamics of the game changed.

Then Ferguson must be blamed for losing the game in your own book?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 12:00am On Jun 18, 2010
dayokanu:

You clamoured for Odems to start, he started and was horrible all through.

ROFLMAO

I am even clapping whilst laughing.

These people would give any excuse under the sun to excuse this white man.

Please explain to me the things you saw that made Odems horrible.

Chei! For a white coach this people would even go as far as insulting our best player that has done a lot for SE.  cry

dayokanu:

I am cutting him some slack because when a player bags a red all game plan gets disrupted.

@ Sagamite, Did you watch Man Utd vs Bayern at Old Trafford? Man Utd was coating just like Nigeria today until Rafael got a yellow and the dynamics of the game changed.

Then Ferguson must be blamed for losing the game in your own book?

My question to you for now is explain how Odems was tired that you claimed.

We can come back to 10 men.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 12:01am On Jun 18, 2010
Sagamite:

ROFLMAO  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That one pass is all you saw and decided he was involved.

And you try to blame yakubu that made a great run and stayed on side, then placed it to a corner still on target but keeper made a good save.

But want to let Obasi of the hook (because he is a LGBK sub  grin) for missing an EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPTY NET?

Osaze had 60+ world cup minutes to make such a pass and he never had one.
Remember the game against Argentina. . . . . .Odems and Martins against an Argie defender and a goalie?
All Odems had to do was roll the ball to Martins and Naija woulda equalised but what did Odems do? He tried to do it all by himself.
Siasia did the same in 93(against CIV) and lost his place in the starting XI under Westerhof.

Odems has been USELESS in this tourney.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 12:05am On Jun 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

Osaze had 60+ world cup minutes to make such a pass and he never had one.
Remember the game against Argentina. . . . . .Odems and Martins against an Argie defender and a goalie?
All Odems had to do was roll the ball to Martins and Naija woulda equalised but what did Odems do? He tried to do it all by himself.
Siasia did the same in 93(against CIV) and lost his place in the starting XI under Westerhof.

Odems has been USELESS in this tourney.

Chei! See as they wan finish Odems rep for white coach!

Odems has been useless?

And Obasi has been useful?  grin grin grin

EMPTY NET for god sake!

Please explain how Obasi could not even have controlled the ball EVEN IF he could not tap it in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/matches/match_19

This is unbelieveable. YOU WILL TRY AND DEFEND THE INTRODUCTION OF OBASI OVER ODEMS.

And claim Obasi has been useful?  shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by jalether(m): 12:32am On Jun 18, 2010
Let's all be fair and constructive here. Odems has been Nigeria's best and most dedicated player up until the world cup, that he's having a bad torny doesn't

render him a useless player
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 12:42am On Jun 18, 2010
jalether:

Let's all be fair and constructive here. Odems has been Nigeria's best and most dedicated player up until the world cup, that he's having a bad torny doesn't

render him a useless player

That is even IF he is having a bad tourney.  grin grin grin grin

If he is having a bad tourney, Obasi can not be having any better tourney.

IF (a capital if) Odems is having a bad tourney, Obasi is having a catastrophe.  undecided

But we have reached a level Odems is going to be dragged in the mud and sacrificed to protect oyinbo's weakness.

I never knew the placebo tablets had such severe side effects.  grin grin grin grin grin

Next, they would rubbish Enyeama to save LGBK's face.  undecided

Odems is having a bad tourney? I can't stop laughing.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 1:24am On Jun 18, 2010
sagamite be truthful for once and stop the anti whiteman thingy

I am a big fan of Odems. The Osaze I knew before the world cup played with the kind of confidence Uche played with today. With his cameo against Argentina, I was happy to see him in the starting line up but only he can tell us what happened. Defensively and offensively, he offered very little.
If he had played the same game he played when he came on in the first game, it won't have been this bad.

To make matters worse, he did nothing to offer any help to Odiah after Kaita got sent off.

Obasi on his part was also poor. The same Obasi we saw in the first half, however, defensively, he did well. Go watch the match again. He covered very well especially when Odiah started playing like he was a CB rather than a RB.
again like most commentators have said, we were doing well until the red card.

The only thing we can do is look forward to the next match and start preparing for the next ANC.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:42am On Jun 18, 2010
proudly9ja:

sagamite be truthful for once and stop the anti whiteman thingy

I am a big fan of Odems. The Osaze I knew before the world cup played with the kind of confidence Uche played with today. With his cameo against Argentina, I was happy to see him in the starting line up but only he can tell us what happened. Defensively and offensively, he offered very little.
If he had played the same game he played when he came on in the first game, it won't have been this bad.

To make matters worse, he did nothing to offer any help to Odiah after Kaita got sent off.

Obasi on his part was also poor. The same Obasi we saw in the first half, however, defensively, he did well. Go watch the match again. He covered very well especially when Odiah started playing like he was a CB rather than a RB.
again like most commentators have said, we were doing well until the red card.

The only thing we can do is look forward to the next match and start preparing for the next ANC.

Mo Gbe!!!

More attack on Odems.  grin grin grin grin

Moonraker, abeg, provide me with torrent link o. Abeg you in the name of Jesus. grin

I will give you a bit of credit that at least you admit the impact Odems had in the Arg game and have not claimed he is having a horrible tournament.

Let me indulge you, just for indulgence. Lets imagine that Odems was not helping Odiah out as YOU claim, so it is Obasi that was useless in the first game that needs to come on? Why not Nsofor? grin grin grin grin

We need to defend or need someone to help Odiah and Obasi was the selection? To replace Odems who has more energy and commitment levels than Obasi? Even if Odems is not playing well (YOU CLAIM), the coach can not encourage him to do more? Obasi is known for hardwork and/or defending?

Please YOU be TRUTHFUL for once and come and admit that LGBK got his subs wrong, even if you are not going to admit he got his team selection wrong in the first game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:44am On Jun 18, 2010
Where is that slowpoke, Dr Kissarse?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by honeric01(m): 2:26am On Jun 18, 2010
I am still laughing oo. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 3:19am On Jun 18, 2010
Sugomu

I dey kampe !

I have always told u guys that Osaze is a liverless mumu that never turns up when it matters

check it out: we needed the ingenuity of OSAZE in d crucial Beijing matches, on d final day una guy with all d atrocious display of GATORADE + RED BULL just faded into oblivion , same with THE EVER INCONSISTENT OBASI !

Obasi scored against Egypt and some were already hyping him I predicted it was just a fluke and we all saw what happened at d last ANC!

Osaze and Martins fluffed chances upon chances against Ghana, nawao !

Dayokanu was very right about Osaze tiring out too easily, the qualms I have is with the boys - WHEN THE F.CK WOULD U WANT TO DIE ON THE FIELD FOR UR FATHERLAND ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by moonraker(m): 5:18am On Jun 18, 2010
@ SAGAMITE

The Torrent file is been uploaded as we speak, will post the link in 5 to 6hrs time,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dylansmith: 8:11am On Jun 18, 2010
In fact Argentina wins embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 10:25am On Jun 18, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Sugomu

I dey kampe !

I have always told u guys that Osaze is a liverless mumu that never turns up when it matters

check it out: we needed the ingenuity of OSAZE in d crucial Beijing matches, on d final day una guy with all d atrocious display of GATORADE + RED BULL just faded into oblivion , same with THE EVER INCONSISTENT OBASI !

Obasi scored against Egypt and some were already hyping him I predicted it was just a fluke and we all saw what happened at d last ANC!

Osaze and Martins fluffed chances upon chances against Ghana, nawao !

Dayokanu was very right about Osaze tiring out too easily, the qualms I have is with the boys - WHEN THE F.CK WOULD U WANT TO DIE ON THE FIELD FOR your FATHERLAND ?

slowpoke, explain to me how Odems got tired.

Then immediately after that explanation, explain to me why Obasi was the choice as sub to come in when Greece brought on an extra striker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (87) (Reply)

David Beckham Signs Autograph On Girl’s Buttock, Incurs Wife’s Wrath / Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) / Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.