Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,155 members, 7,907,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:16 AM

I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User (27394 Views)

How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt / Who Is The Head Of The Family? Husband, Wife Or Both / Any Girl That Is Getting Knacks At 15 Is Free To Get Married- Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by cocoboss(m): 6:27pm On May 25, 2018
really!!! shocked shocked visit a psychiatrist room u need help!!!
Philpham:

Your mother is more foolish
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Pataricatering(f): 6:29pm On May 25, 2018
Masama:
You said british abi? Make Naija women no listen to this trash o, The hardboiled prophetesses of feminism like chimamanda and Linda Ikeji are quietly settling down with men after confusing the naive ones that they are equal with men.
so settling down with a man means you can’t be a feminist ? Where do you people get these ridiculous ideas ? Pls go and read a book or something - ignorance is a terrible thing !

2 Likes

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by wristbangle: 6:30pm On May 25, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

You guys should stop using age to threaten yourselves.You are not threatening the lady because she is not even a Nigerian and did not announce that she needs a husband so no need to have sleepless nights over that.

Did you read where I said it's her view? Anyway it's her life not mine. Whatever rocks her boat but am just giving my advice to guys out there whether in Africa or overseas to ignore these kind of ladies likewise ladies as well. Am sure you know the likes of Chimamanda, Hillary clinton and Linda ikeji have a man in their life they are 100% submissive to.
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by rickyboss333: 6:32pm On May 25, 2018
CapitanS:
A British writer and Twitter user @moniquemonrowe has publicly rejected the notion that a man is the head of the house, an idea she said is deeply rooted in religion and specifically the Bible.

According to this lady, the idea that the man is the head of the house is rooted in biblical times when women were not considered equal to men and as such, it is incompatible with the 21st century.

According to the writer, she cannot accept a concept written at ‘a time period when women did not have equal consideration or power’. @moniquemonrowe also said that this does not reconcile with today’s reality or the modern woman or family.

https://lailasnews.com/the-idea-that-a-man-is-head-of-the-house-is-rooted-in-religion-and-i-reject-it-writer/

OK, point noted. when u eventually get married, that is if u ever do, tell that to ur husband
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by GenghisAlexa1(m): 6:39pm On May 25, 2018
CapitanS:
A British writer and Twitter user @moniquemonrowe has publicly rejected the notion that a man is the head of the house, an idea she said is deeply rooted in religion and specifically the Bible.

According to this lady, the idea that the man is the head of the house is rooted in biblical times when women were not considered equal to men and as such, it is incompatible with the 21st century.

According to the writer, she cannot accept a concept written at ‘a time period when women did not have equal consideration or power’. @moniquemonrowe also said that this does not reconcile with today’s reality or the modern woman or family.

https://lailasnews.com/the-idea-that-a-man-is-head-of-the-house-is-rooted-in-religion-and-i-reject-it-writer/

Ish
A family needs to be run by the woman. The man just needs to give her all the tools she needs to function well, plenty money and good loving. You cannot be winning the bread on the streets and still be heading the house physically, it'll leak ur energy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Kolping: 6:44pm On May 25, 2018
1 Corinthians 11:3 King James Version (KJV)
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."

1 Like

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by cocoboss(m): 6:49pm On May 25, 2018
omo you deh yan
dadark:

this is a nigerian forum....then why post something here that dont even concern nigerians....?
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Why won't you agree when his response is neither here nor there, filled with inconsistencies and contradiction to massage the emotions of feminists lol
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Instead of attacking his, arguing yours intellectually.
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Aystarz: 6:59pm On May 25, 2018
s3tt1ngz003:
I believe either of the two that has money should be considered the head. Money answereth all things.

Meanwhile
Am a young lady, searching for job within Abeokuta metropolis. Had ND in marketing
Pls nairalanders any work I can do to earn my living will be appreciated

'Had' ke? Don't you have your ND certificate anymore? And which one be 'Am a young lady'?

Na wa to you oooo
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:59pm On May 25, 2018
wristbangle:

Did you read where I said it's her view? Anyway it's her life not mine. Whatever rocks her boat but am just giving my advice to guys out there whether in Africa or overseas to ignore these kind of ladies likewise ladies as well. Am sure you know the likes of Chimamanda, Hillary clinton and Linda ikeji have a man in their life they are 100% submissive to.
I am sure you are in their marriages to know whether or not they are submissive to their husbands since to you it is not a mutual thing.Not every man sees that as a requirement and to some it is mutuality and egalitarianism.
Lastly,Every couple has what works for them and everyone has a right to choose whether or not to go with the status quo so leave the guys to choose for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 25, 2018
adetoroamos:
she get mentor(Linda ikejji) its gonna be funny if we get to know its one of the mods that Seun is paying impregnate her thinking he's the owner of this site. I wonder why soo many girls think with the wounds between their laps.

The same wound your papa put his stinky prick inside and came, the same wound an idiot like you came out of crying like a fragile Agama lizard. The same wound your prick dey always stand for. The same wound you dey enter and come inside like your papa. The same wound wey the owner even intelligent pass you but boys like you dey want feel threatened and dey wan struggle position with. The same wound your daughters and sons (that's if God pity you give you any children) go come out of too and you go dey smile like chimp dey answers congrats like undeserving fool. #GetOutOfHere! #YouUnfortunateBeing!

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Kolping: 7:04pm On May 25, 2018
I suppose this is one of the verses which the girl is referring to in the Bible.

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."

Unfortunately it is not an idea - it is the word of God, which no 21st (or 22nd, 23rd, ...) century man or woman can change.

CapitanS:

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Xisnin(m): 7:04pm On May 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

God and Nature made it so.
Humans no longer have to fight predators, so raw strength is mostly irrelevant for leadership these days,
that is why huge built men are saying "yes sir" to Tinubu in Lagos.

Whose name does the children bear? Their mother's or father's?
These are traditions, they prove nothing.

Who is primarily responsible for leadership?
That is the accidental legacy of the stone age, we are now in the 21st century.

Who's considered to be primary provider?
If through unexpected circumstance, your wive became the primary provider for some time,
would you abdicate your leadership position?
Would you switch roles with her and start to do the cooking, chores and all the rest?
If your answer to the two questions above is no, then being a primary provider does not make one gender
superior to the other.

Have you heard of any special recognition given to husbands of public figures worldwide like is obtained in wives of figures?
Again, this is the result of the stone age legacy, there is no intrinsic reason why an husband shouldn't
be recognised. I am sure you have heard of Tbillz?
Even the unknown fiancee of Linda Ikeji will eventually become a celebrity courtesy of his wife.

See bro, there are certain things you can't contend with nor change. No matter how much a feminist will rant the man will remain HEAD of the family
The only constant thing in life is change, anything can be changed to some extent, it just requires strong will and a smart campaign.
All families are not equal, there are very few 100% patriarchal family in reality, even husbands that get bullied at home will also
claim that he is the man of the house in public.

1 Like

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Edimogb: 7:05pm On May 25, 2018
hahahaha i can see a life time baby mama
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Thanks18(m): 7:08pm On May 25, 2018
Gullah:
It's a free world but there's no need claiming to be a Christian when you don't want to abide by the tenets of the Christian faith. Saying that a lot of biblical concepts do not reconcile with today's reality and that you have to use interpretations to work out which ones you will deem appropriate is just creating your own fantasy. You don't pick and choose which part of God's word you obey according to your own whims and caprices. No one is forcing you to be a Christian or live by the Bible tenets. But when you chose to be a Christian and abide by the Bible, then you must know that you have to be completely obedient to God's instructions in the Bible. A half obedient Christian is just wasting his or her time. Choose ye this day whom you will serve, you can't serve God and Mammon at the same time!

You said it all. Half obedience is the same as rebellion. The Bible tenets stand valid throughout all ages and times.

1 Like

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by slowice(m): 7:09pm On May 25, 2018
Xisnin:

Read your statement again, does it make any sense?
There are women who can buy you if you are for sale, does it mean you are inferior to them?

Dude re you for real... You should be able to understand that the statement was made in reference to the topic(what the lady wrote) and is money all that a man can offer? That a man is the head of a house doesn't make his wife inferior to him... It's a position of leadership, for direction just as you re not inferior to your boss at the office
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Xisnin(m): 7:14pm On May 25, 2018
slowice:

Dude re you for real... You should be able to understand that the statement was made in reference to the topic(what the lady wrote) and is money all that a man can offer?
Going by this thread, majority of the men believe that they are superior because they are the provider.
It is therefore logical that an husband who can't provide for whatever reason should become the woman of the house.
Don't you agree?

3 Likes

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Masama: 7:22pm On May 25, 2018
Xisnin:

Are you this dumb?
So anybody who settles down is inferior?
SMH
You're the one who is dumb, not me
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Masama: 7:22pm On May 25, 2018
Pataricatering:
so settling down with a man means you can’t be a feminist ? Where do you people get these ridiculous ideas ? Pls go and read a book or something - ignorance is a terrible thing !
You're the one who is ignorant, not me
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by slowice(m): 7:23pm On May 25, 2018
Xisnin:

Going by this thread, majority of the men believe that they are superior because they are the provider.
It is therefore logical that an husband who can't provide for whatever reason should become the woman of the house.
Don't you agree?

The Idea of a person being inferior is something I ve not been able to process, being head is for leadership n direction not for power n that's probably where you get me wrong
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by psylliumhusk1: 7:28pm On May 25, 2018
Mans head
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Dinani: 7:29pm On May 25, 2018
CapitanS:

Issokay....then be in competition with your father in the same house because no man will wife or wish to have kids from a woman like u not to talk of u giving them a stupid and bad upbringing and morals!!!!
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 25, 2018
Why do people have this need to lead and be lead grin

You can’t stand alone? There will be zero leaders in our home! Everyone will have equal say and their opinions and wishes will be respected by all. To death with the old ways and embrace the new way of life. All things and people matter tongue
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by djon78(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2018
Kolping:

You can say that again. That's Gods standard, the maker, owner and possessor of heaven and earth and all in it. You cannot argue with Him, you a mere mortal with just breath in your nostrils.
Only what He declares stands.
I just laugh at human beings.
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 25, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

Because she does not go with the status quo?She is obviously enlightened to question some things and she is not looking for your type.I asked one that has been shouting headship up and down no response,It seems he doesn't know what to type.

I try to avoid feminist like you....cos u are not usually objective with ur views....
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by djon78(m): 7:36pm On May 25, 2018
LivingFree:
Why do people have this need to lead and be lead grin

You can’t stand alone? There will be zero leaders in our home! Everyone will have equal say and their opinions and wishes will be respected by all. To death with the old ways and embrace the new way of life. All things and people matter tongue

Story story story. Man is and will always be leader. That's how God, nature made it.
And none of you can change it. Even 1000 years from now.

Despite whatever happening women have no other option than to submit to the headship of a man. And we men have no option than to love our women!! That's how it's to be

1 Like

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Kolping: 7:40pm On May 25, 2018
Ephesians 5 (King James Version)
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

1 Like

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Kolping: 7:44pm On May 25, 2018
There are a lot of 'Christians' in the world. They practice Churchianity and not Christianity.

djon78:

You can say that again. That's Gods standard, the maker, owner and possessor of heaven and earth and all in it. You cannot argue with Him, you a mere mortal with just breath in your nostrils.
Only what He declares stands.
I just laugh at human beings.
Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 25, 2018
djon78:

Story story story. Man is and will always be leader. That's how God, nature made it.
And none of you can change it. Even 1000 years from now.

Despite whatever happening women have no other option than to submit to the headship of a man. And we men have no option than to love our women!! That's how it's to be

Okay captain simpleton, thank you for sharing grin

1 Like

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by ladyF(f): 7:49pm On May 25, 2018
These so called feminists are taking this thing too far. Hope she doesn't end up raising daughters with "bitchy" attitudes.

2 Likes

Re: I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User by Mryacks: 7:52pm On May 25, 2018
Gullah:
It's a free world but there's no need claiming to be a Christian when you don't want to abide by the tenets of the Christian faith. Saying that a lot of biblical concepts do not reconcile with today's reality and that you have to use interpretations to work out which ones you will deem appropriate is just creating your own fantasy. You don't pick and choose which part of God's word you obey according to your own whims and caprices. No one is forcing you to be a Christian or live by the Bible tenets. But when you chose to be a Christian and abide by the Bible, then you must know that you have to be completely obedient to God's instructions in the Bible. A half obedient Christian is just wasting his or her time. Choose ye this day whom you will serve, you can't serve God and Mammon at the same time!

Spot on....God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s / 49-Year-old Man Finally Becomes A Father After Suffering So Much Tragedies.Photo / Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.