Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,811 members, 7,912,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 02:14 AM

Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? (3290 Views)

Apostle Paul Okikijesu 2021 Prophecies: Crisis In Aso Rock, A Governor Will Die / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / "Passenger In Keke Turns Python, Swallows A Boy In Bonny" - Apostle Paul Umoru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by Yusuf54: 4:52pm On May 25, 2018
I think it was founded by Apostle Paul

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by blakid(m): 4:57pm On May 25, 2018
A question for those religion fanatics. please state and elaborate.
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by felixomor: 5:02pm On May 25, 2018
Yusuf54:

What you "think" is different from the fact

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 25, 2018
These myopic people again...i guess paul wrote the quran too since many things in the bible are also in the quran mixed with appcrypha stories.
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by Donald95(m): 5:40pm On May 25, 2018
Founded by Jesus, Simplified and Explained by Paul

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by dalaman: 9:17pm On May 25, 2018
Christianity was founded by many people over time. NOT even Paul himself because no body knows any Paul outside the alleged letters the Church father's said he wrote.

The church fathers of the early Roman empire were the founders of Christianity. What ever they said and established is what people have come to accept as the truth.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:20pm On May 25, 2018
felixomor:

What you "think" is different from the fact
TELL US THE "FACT", SIR. smiley
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by vaxx: 9:46pm On May 25, 2018
It depends on where you are coming from, if you are a christain, then Jesus is the one who founded Christianity himself. It.cannot be an apostle.apostle literary means the sent ones. Therefore apostle Paul is just a messenger of Jesus gospel. :

As a lover of history, I will say the Roman Emperor Constantine.is the one who called together the Council of Nicea by which came the Nicene Creed and the concept of the Trinity that unites much of Christianity today..a form of branding.

However, some Muslim says it is Paul.who rebrand Christianity. Joseph smith of later days church says he received direct revelation from Jesus himself.....so much controversy I guess.....

I prefer to go with history.

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by paxonel(m): 10:50pm On May 25, 2018
Yusuf54:
in that case, islam was founded by the chief imam of one mosque in sokoto

4 Likes

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by eddy1977(m): 12:07am On May 26, 2018
Jesus Christ established a group of followers called "Disciples". the people of Antioch (Syria), nicknamed the disciples "Christians" ( those who are Christ-like). Acts 11:26.
The Jews and the Romans tried their best to annihilate the Disciples, but ended up becoming disciples themselves.

Who founded Christianity?
#Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:24am On May 26, 2018
eddy1977:
Jesus Christ established a group of followers called "Disciples". the people of Antioch (Syria), nicknamed the disciples "Christians" ( those who are Christ-like). Acts 11:26.
The Jews and the Romans tried their best to annihilate the Disciples, but ended up becoming disciples themselves.

Who founded Christianity?
#Jesus Christ.

Paul founded Christianity as we know it.

If you must know, Paul's doctrine even caused a rift between him and the Apostles.

2 Likes

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by eddy1977(m): 4:31am On May 26, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

If you must know, Paul's doctrine even caused a rift between him and the Apostles.

Were there disciples of Christ before Paul?
Before he became a disciple of the Lord, did he persecute the church?

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by Edu3Again: 5:13am On May 26, 2018
Yusuf54:

Jesus said He will build HIS church, it was founded by Jesus

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church;
and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus did not marry a 6 yr old baby unlike the prophet of piss

2 Likes

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by trapQ: 6:10am On May 26, 2018
Did the "church fathers of the early Roman empire"
die for your sins?
Were their births prophesied a thousand years or thereabouts earlier?
Did they say they were the way, truth and life?
Did they come down from heaven?
Did they have power to forgive sins?
Why are Christians termed "Christ like" (Jesus Christ-like)
dalaman:
Christianity was founded by many people over time. NOT even Paul himself because no body knows any Paul outside the alleged letters the Church father's said he wrote.

The church fathers of the early Roman empire were the founders of Christianity. What ever they said and established is what people have come to accept as the truth.

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by felixomor: 6:11am On May 26, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

TELL US THE "FACT", SIR. smiley
Fact is the above is his opinion cool

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by trapQ: 6:11am On May 26, 2018
Why are Christians not called "Paultains" then?
BluntTheApostle:

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by felixomor: 6:13am On May 26, 2018
trapQ:
die for your sins?
Ah.
These questions are too intelligent for the person you are asking.

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by Edu3Again: 6:37am On May 26, 2018
trapQ:
Good one grin
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:15am On May 26, 2018
trapQ:

Your question is unnecessary. They were called Christians because they lived a Christlike life. The Church in Antioch was totally different from today's churches. The Church was not concerned about earthly riches; wealth didn't matter to them. Their lives were so simple that they reminded the observers of Jesus.

Today's churches are largely modeled after the teachings of Paul.

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:19am On May 26, 2018
eddy1977:

Were there disciples of Christ before Paul?
Before he became a disciple of the Lord, did he persecute the church?

Read my post again. Paul founded Christianity as we know it.

You think today's Christianity can be compared to the Church that Paul persecuted?

Why do you even think they were called Christians in the first instance?

Do you think today's churches are worthy of being called Christians?

Compare the teachings of Jesus with that of Paul and see which one is the bedrock of today's churches.

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:36am On May 26, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

You think today's Christianity can be compared to the Church that Paul persecuted?

Compare the teachings of Jesus with that of Paul and see which one is the bedrock of today's churches.

Jesus never "preached" grace but "demonstrated" grace. How can he ? When the lamb has not yet be slain.
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:44am On May 26, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Jesus never "preached" grace but "demonstrated" grace. How can he ? When the lamb has not yet be slain.

Jesus did not say His teachings should be added to. He told His disciples to teach what He had taught them.

I am not against Paul modifying Christianity. After all, Paul claimed that Christ Himself appeared to him. My point is that the Christianity we have today is modelled more after the teachings of Paul.
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by dalaman: 12:09pm On May 26, 2018
trapQ:
die for your sins?

What is this nonsense you are talking about?

What ever it is that Jesus was written to have said were written by books the church father's produced and presented. The Gospels were named and selected by the church fathers, the Christian theology and all the various creeds were formulated by them. If not for the church fathers there wouldn't have been a new testament. They voted and selected the books that make up the new testament. They ascribed authorship to all the books. They edited them to fit what ever narrative it wad that they wanted.

Example, if they had chosen Peter and said he wrote the letters assign to Paul, you would have believed that it was Peter. The formed the theology and doctrines that various sects adhere to.

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by eddy1977(m): 3:12am On May 29, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

I am having a hard time understanding you Sir.
Are you saying that there are 2 groups of disciples. The ones who followed Christ and the ones who follow Paul?
Paul being the founder of what you call "Today's christian" (whatever that means).

Please break it down for me.
Did the original apostles of Christ like Peter, endorse the writings of Paul?
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:39am On May 29, 2018
eddy1977:

I am having a hard time understanding you Sir.
Are you saying that there are 2 groups of disciples. The ones who followed Christ and the ones who follow Paul?
Paul being the founder of what you call "Today's christian" (whatever that means).

Please break it down for me.
Did the original apostles of Christ like Peter, endorse the writings of Paul?

Yes, there were groups that followed the Apostles and the ones that followed Paul (the Pauline Christians).

The ones that followed the Apostles, especially, the Ebonites, were the earliest Christians. "Ebonites" means "the poor" and one could think of them as the Jerusalem Church.

For your second question, the Apostles merely tolerated Paul. They never endorsed his writings. At least, no evidence in the Bible. Or in church history.

1 Like

Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by Evidenx(m): 10:43am On May 29, 2018
"you err not knowing the scriptures".
Op. U asked this question because u dont know the scriptures,christianity started after the death,burial and resurrection of Jesus christ. Apostle only recieved grace to elaborate and clarify the scriptures which many didnt understand.
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by Outofsync(m): 10:54am On May 29, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Yes, there were groups that followed the Apostles and the ones that followed Paul (the Pauline Christians).

The ones that followed the Apostles, especially, the Ebonites, were the earliest Christians. "Ebonites" means "the poor" and one could think of them as the Jerusalem Church.

For your second question, the Apostles merely tolerated Paul. They never endorsed his writings. At least, no evidence in the Bible. Or in church history.
do you have any evidence to support this?
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:58pm On May 29, 2018
Outofsync:

do you have any evidence to support this ?

Your question is ambiguous.

I have two answers in my post. For which of these answers do you want evidences?

Is it for the Ebonites (paragraph 1) or concerning the endorsement of Paul's writings (Paragraph 2).
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by dalaman: 4:50pm On May 29, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

I have two answers in my post. For which of these answers do you want evidences?

Is it for the Ebonites (paragraph 1) or concerning the endorsement of Paul's writings (Paragraph 2).

I'll like to see your evidence for the second part which is the endorsement of Paul's writings.
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by orisa37: 5:24pm On May 29, 2018
Yusuf54:

Jesus Christ, The Righteous calls His Believers, The Faithfuls. In their Evangelism, their Audiences nickname them Christians. Paul wrote most of The Books of The New Testament adopting the common word "Christianity to mean The Righteous in figure and in content.
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by Outofsync(m): 6:07pm On May 29, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Both actually. Especially the second
Re: Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:51pm On May 29, 2018
dalaman:

I'll like to see your evidence for the second part which is the endorsement of Paul's writings.

Like I wrote earlier, there are no evidence of any such endorsement. There is no evidence that Paul was accepted as an Apostle by the Twelve. Paul failed the criteria needed to be an Apostle. However, he claimed to have been personally called to be an Apostle to the Gentiles.

Paul talked about the pillars of the Church giving him full reins to preach to the Gentiles but there are no evidences outside his own letters.

Christ came for the Jews (and not the world) and He sent His disciples (the Twelve) specifically to the Jews. The Apostles were on about keeping the Laws and regarded anyone preaching against keeping the laws as lawless. They tolerated Paul and there are evidence for that in the Bible but there are no evidences that they endorsed his gospel.

Paul led his Christian life Independent of the Twelve. He refused to be mentored by them and never conferred with the Twelve at once. Even in the suspicious 1 Peter 3:15, the supposed writer seemed to endorse Paul but not with all totality. It is like saying, "You are also good, but you are not one of us". There is tolerance in that statement but nothing else. No endorsement.

CC Outofsync

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know About Fasting (by Aoc Network) / Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? / Confessing Your Righteousness Pleases God - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.