Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,402 members, 7,881,464 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:19 PM

When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM (20190 Views)

Nigerian Lady "Wows" Interviewer With Her Perfect English Speaking Skills (Vid) / What Will You Say If The Interviewer Says "You Have 10 Minutes To Impress Me? / Lady Shares Experience With Her Interviewer In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Nobody: 7:50am On May 26, 2018
Ask them how they cope with competitors and how they manage to stay afloat despite the recession.

Ask them how they manage to pay their staff at the end of the month and still goes ahead to recruit new hands like you, when other companies are downsizing their workforce.

2 Likes

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by mailingdgreat: 7:50am On May 26, 2018
Simply tell dem you just wanna use dis medium to thank dem for the opportunity given you to reach dat stage of d recruitment process. You just may not know where dat singular gesture of appreciation may take you to. Itz just my one kobo thought anyway.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Firstinline(m): 7:52am On May 26, 2018
How often do you people increase salary considering the fact that things are now expensive in the market place?
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Hennynitan17(m): 7:54am On May 26, 2018
Ask about the job u re being offered

Like if the company will b offering u any training and what type of training
Like how soon will d work begin
Etc

1 Like

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Ciscogod(m): 7:55am On May 26, 2018
I was asked same question 2months ago.. The Lebanese boss asked me after my interview if I have any question..

I told him what I really want and the dept I would like to work.. I'm a network engineer.. I just simply told him .. I dont want to be in the network monitoring team . I want to be in the IP dept.

And he said surely u can't be in the monitoring team.. I just said fine.. And that was it

1 Like

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by rchilee: 8:02am On May 26, 2018
I noticed during my final interview that my interviewer enjoy talking about his achievements in the organisation. I noticed he has received some awards in the past & he answered a call while the interview was on going.

So I asked him about his experience in the company, how he has effectively used them to achieve his personal goals and also, climb the ladder of leadership. It worked like magic, like i opened a box of cankerworm.

I passed.

4 Likes

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Wasky101: 8:12am On May 26, 2018
None
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by ElsonMorali: 8:12am On May 26, 2018
google1:
At the end of a job interview, when the interviewer asks you if you have any questions for them, what are some good questions to ask?

Ask questions about the company mostly. Their commitment to excellence and how conducive their work environment is?
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by cyojunior1(m): 8:14am On May 26, 2018
swiz123:
considering the kind of meager salary you guys just offered me, if I were your brother would you advise me to work here

guy u don see work o o o
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by JiffyNaija: 8:19am On May 26, 2018
1. When am I resuming? Though, fast becoming stale and predictable, it, to some extent, shows willingness and anxiety to take on the new role. The trick at best, is to say it with the right tone.

2. Are there training and retraining programmes for the role? This has a way of telling the interviewers that productivity can only set in when you understand what is expected from time to time. It also tells, in a way, a thing or two about the company. A company with no training and retraining programmes in place is a red flag of things to come. Slave labour, no investment on man power, magic on the job, among many other things are likely to stare at you when you take on the role.

3. What is expected of me in the first 90 days? You are asking not because you don't understand the job roles but because company expectations differ. For some, they would just want you to be absorbed into the company before demanding a whole lot. For others, they expect you to hit the ground running. Asking would put you in a position that would consciously remind you why are there in the first place.

These three questions remain pertinent. However, they should not prevent you from doing a thorough research of the company. Understanding what is at stake in any given opportunity is crucial.

1 Like

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by eneyoduke(m): 8:25am On May 26, 2018
How do you see me benefiting your company?

What are the challenges you face on your day to day activities?
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by toyota3(m): 8:26am On May 26, 2018
You could ask this question ' considering the fact that you have gone through my Cv and have interviewed me, do you have any doubts in your mind that i won't be able to do this job '?

1 Like

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by KhadyM(f): 8:27am On May 26, 2018
Questions related to the job... like: what are the work hours, are there any opportunities for career advancement, how do they personally feel about their work, etc....

1 Like

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by gbagyiza: 8:40am On May 26, 2018
Exponental:
Ask an intellectual question that makes them feel challenged. This depends on your field.

I agree with u..My present employer asked me do u have question for us during d interview n I said yes.. Before d interview I did a research on d organization n discovered a conflicting statement on their website, that d organization is a government own college and also it is an NGO..I asked them that I need clarification on d two conflicting statement. Immediately d rector's face expression changed, they were not expecting that question. They could not give a convincing answer..I am currently d HOD of one of d department in d college.

4 Likes

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Barrysleek(m): 8:43am On May 26, 2018
Ask Questions like
1. How has this company manage to stay afloat all this years despite the economic turmoil and recent recession.

2. What's your system of employee evaluation and reward system.

3. Is there any retirement benefits

1 Like

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Diso60090(m): 8:45am On May 26, 2018
Ask them if is allowed to marry in their company
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Razak5(m): 8:47am On May 26, 2018
ominilongest:
Yes...'do you have any question " grin

FYI, I got this joke clearly grin grin
Spot on.
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Jsucre(m): 8:49am On May 26, 2018
when it come to "Do you have any question to ask the panel"
This is usually the last question that the interview panel asks interviewees; if you fail to ask them questions, you will lose some marks, always have a question to ask no matter what. Ask them whether they have plans to expand their business, whether they support employees to further their studies and how they motivate employees. You can pull a surprise by asking when you would start, it shows confidence.
you may pm me for more

3 Likes

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by doshe39(m): 8:51am On May 26, 2018
Ask intelligent question relating to their field that will make the interviewer talk to you even more that the time he has interviewed you...
Like what innovative steps is the company taking to beat their competitor in the market..then after saying his ,u can now give them a dope answer to that ,then believe me they will want to hire you..
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by bellville: 8:53am On May 26, 2018
Ask them this:
I believe the relationship between an employer and employee is a symbiotic one. They both need each other. That brings me to the question: What are you bringing to the table? What do you have to offer that will not only bring me here but KEEP me here for the long haul?

Ask this question only if you know your skills are top-notch and you are highly sought after.

2 Likes

Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Nehyooh(m): 8:54am On May 26, 2018
QUESTIONS LIKE
~When will I hear from you ?
~How will I be informed ?
~Do you need any more information from me ?
Then if the issue of money wasn't raised, you can ask politely about salary stuffs.
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by sammyscholar(m): 8:58am On May 26, 2018
JARUSHUB:
Conduct a thorough research on the company; her services; products; key moments in her history; relevant and recent events about her. Be very different and out of the crowd. If she declared quarterly profits, look for key details in the report and throw your questions. It shows someone who has done thorough research about the firm.

Additionally, it must not necessarily be a question but a thoughtful observation. In an Oando interview, a candidate drew the attention of the interviewers to the fact that her stations in certain locations in Lagos were looking old and this appearance demarketed the firm. And suggested ways to solve the problem. As you might have guessed, he got the job and the firm implemented his and additional solutions to solve the problem.

Try as much as possible to avoid generic questions as:

- What is a typical day like in ABC?
- When can I start?
- What is the training like (most of the time, this has been stated in the advert)?
Oga himself has spoken. Thanks for the insight sir.
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Nobody: 9:07am On May 26, 2018
swiz123:
considering the kind of meager salary you guys just offered me, if I were your brother would you advise me to work here
after this question,lol.... Just quietly go home and don't forget your CV. cheesy
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by jeremiah123: 9:28am On May 26, 2018
Ask them how they measure success and how do the deliver negative feedback and what are some of the challenges in the job
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by thunderbabs: 9:29am On May 26, 2018
Can I blow catarhh here ? sad
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by omartins(m): 9:33am On May 26, 2018
As a staff of this organization, what do you enjoy most in your organization apart from salary.
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Dzeimzb: 9:33am On May 26, 2018
Ask two major questions.

1. Why should I work for you.

2. What do you enjoy most about working here .( Thier ans will let you know if the company is a place worth working for or not. Focus on their expression ).
Re: When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM by Orpe7(m): 9:43am On May 26, 2018
Ask what challenges might u face when working in the company so u can know how well to prepare yourself.

You have to see yourself working there already and ask questions like someone working with them already

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Result Is Out! / SABmiller PLC Massive Recruitment (36 Positions) / After Npower Test What Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.