Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:31 PM

Veteran Nollywood Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Speaks On His Political Ambition - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Veteran Nollywood Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Speaks On His Political Ambition (295 Views)

Seun Kuti Reacts To Otedola Philanthropic Gestures: “Political Ambition Loading” / Mercy Johnson Joins Campaign As She Supports Her Husband's Political Ambition / Kenneth Okonkwo And Son In Matching Outfit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Veteran Nollywood Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Speaks On His Political Ambition by Mcoutureankara(f): 3:47pm On May 26, 2018
BY DIAMONDZ BLOG

Kenneth Okonkwo has carved a niche for himself in the movie industry . The actor-cum-politician and lawyer, who is
currently working on a sequel of the 1992 blockbuster, Living in Bondage, speaks with ADENIYI ADEWOYIN on his political ambition and other issues.

What projects are you working on now?

I am trying to be the governor of Enugu State. That is the project I am working on now. I am trying to contest for the governorship of Enugu State under the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC). Then of course, I am a movie guy, so there must always be a movie on ground and we are also trying to remake Living In Bondage so that I will finally break free.

What inspired your political ambition?

That is because we are in democracy and democracy should be for everybody. Everybody might not be in power at the same time but everybody should be in politics because you should decide what should influence your life. The leadership of any nation influences the life of everybody and so everybody should be in politics. However, I have been politically active throughout my life. From my university days, I was the Secretary General for the Society for the Advancement of Business Management. When I was at the University of Lagos doing my masters, I was the president of the Society of International Law and Diplomacy. So I have always been in politics and like I said earlier, I do the things that I am passionate about and that’s why I come out with determination.

What came to your mind when you were contacted for the remake of Living in Bondage?

What came to my mind was that they want to repackage what started Nollywood and fit it in to the modern environment of movie world and I thought it was fantastic because a lot of people were not born 26 years ago.

Do you think movie lovers will get what they got from this movie 26 years ago?

Well, if you get what you got 26years ago, then we have done nothing. We are saying that you will get at least five times better than what you got then and I have told you that I have gotten at least five times better than I was then. So, you are going to get a better story. A lot of things we did then we were in shadows but now a lot of them are going to be in substance.

You will get something fantastic, something explosive, something beautiful, something that is going to be the 21st century Nollywood because we did the first one in the 20th century What are the things you consider before accepting a movie role? I consider first and foremost the story. There has to be a strong message. I rate my story into three; one, it is beyond redemption (the plot is bad, the dialogue is bad.) I won’t even look at it. Two, the plot is fantastic, the dialogue is not good, I can look at that; if they are going to give me the freedom to remold it, it is redeemable. When we started Living in Bondage, it was in a plot form, so we have become used to being able to remold a good plot, even if it doesn’t have good dialogue but I’m going to take that one conditionally.

Read more here
http://diamondzblog.com.ng/2018/05/26/veteran-nollywood-actor-kenneth-okonkwo-speaks-on-his-political-ambition/

cc Lalasticlala

Re: Veteran Nollywood Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Speaks On His Political Ambition by MrSensor(m): 3:56pm On May 26, 2018
shocked Big MOUTH.
Re: Veteran Nollywood Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Speaks On His Political Ambition by OgaGist: 3:57pm On May 26, 2018
LOL
Re: Veteran Nollywood Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Speaks On His Political Ambition by Himmler: 4:29pm On May 26, 2018
The big wigs in APC Enugu seem to be backing him for the ticket but Coming out on the platform of the APC in the south east is like being 50:0 down in a football game before the match even started, it will require a miracle to overturn such a scoreline within 90 minutes

(1) (Reply)

Davido-when Living Like This They Are Suppose To Hate / #how CHINA Trick The World / Iniesta Warns Spain Of Ronaldo’s Danger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.