Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,879 members, 7,942,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live (17693 Views)

Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic / Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar / Dstv, Startimes, Kwese TV All Not Showing The Community Shield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by ezstino: 5:37pm On May 27, 2018
emmyid:
Nice development... I don't know why I love the owner of this Kwese sport alot.. I mean that Zimbabwe man, he is just too intelligent and smart.

I follow him on Facebook. Please do and you won't regret. His name Masiya or something.. Someone quote me with the right name.

Strive Masiyiwa
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:43pm On May 27, 2018
rapthugx:

On an average how much data (in mb and naira) do you spend watching one match?

A HD site consumes approximately 700mb an example is sky or BTsporpts via desktop or mobdro

An SD site consumes around 400mb an example is one French page I can't remember their name on desktop or NSCBC on Mobdro.

If am in the field, I use mtn I pulse 500naira for one gig weekly, and I usually sub like twice a week.

If am in town I use Etisalat night and weekend plan 2k which gives me 5gig and is usually enough for the family for a month, if we don't do heavy downloads.

Nb in the field I watch all united matches except when am busy and most other games when the top six play themselves.
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Kylekent59: 5:56pm On May 27, 2018
grin
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by iflixnaija: 5:57pm On May 27, 2018
CONGRATULATION NAIJA

KWESE & IFLIX will be showing the 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP. LIVE AND DIRECT

The Iflix mobile app offers you unlimited access to a huge collection of TV shows,movies,sports,cartoons and many more.

All your favorite stuff from Nollywood,Bollywood,Hollywood and Asian all available on iflix for you to stream or download for offline viewing.

Iflix is available on all platforms Android, iOS and PC which means you can take your entertainment with you anywhere you go.

You can also use the same Iflix account on up to 5 device and stream media to a bigger screen using HDMI or Chrome cast.

The app is void of ads which makes for better user experience. WHATSAPP @08035359602 for your free premium today.

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by vertueptime: 6:24pm On May 27, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

My Internet speed reaches 1.2mbps during certain downloads and is usually around 622kbps when viewing HD matches you need around 305kbps for SD matches.

I rarely observe skipping during those matches, so I don't know what other fast Internet you are talking about.

nb
I watched 70percent of European matches online this season in over 3 southern States and 8 different locations

Im not disputing ur access to internet or its speed, i was only remarking on the paradox of many people have more access to high speed internet than satelite stations
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:30pm On May 27, 2018
vertueptime:

Im not disputing ur access to internet or its speed, i was only remarking on the paradox of many people have more access to high speed internet than satelite stations

premium services like soccer wwe and a host of others are not on this stations but are available on the net, also we leave in a mobile world and dont need to stop to view our loved matches
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by zoedew: 7:06pm On May 27, 2018
Daniel058:
That man no dey play ooo

The man, Strive Masiyiwa has always been a serious businessman who gives due consideration to ethics in the business place. It is public knowledge founded on public court records that ex- convict Ibori and other corrupt polibrigands messed up Econet Wireless bid to deliver the best telecommunications network to Nigeria. His testimony against Ibori in court is as damning as it is enough to have had Ibori penitent and the people he purported to have served as Governor of Delta State calling him out. Strangely they celebrate Ibori and Ibori gallivants the Nigerian political space unrepentant!! What a society!!

1 Like

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by naptu2: 7:39pm On May 27, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Unfortunately in a lot of places even with the best of boosters, terrestrial signals is limited.
A lot of colleagues depend on my mifi to watch Premiership matches and they will also be depending on it for the world cup matches.
I believe I speak for a lot of field workers, students and people wlo live far from the urban center.

If there was a package like the YouTube package we can subscribe to, it will help a lot of us

There are a lot of online streaming services with which you can watch the matches. I've already given an example of the Kwese app. Kwese had been streaming their sports shows on their app, their website and their Facebook page since 2016.

https://www.kwese.com/app

However, for very many people, network services are poor and the cost of data is beyond their reach, yet they can easily get terrestrial television signals. There are also a lot of people who might be in transit during the matches and the only way they can follow the games is on radio. These are the people that this announcement is for (remember that your circumstance might be different from others. I know people who can only subscribe for night plans, I know people who can't even afford data and I also know people who don't even have smart phones. Likewise, there are also people who can't get reliable data service, but can get terrestrial TV signals).
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:47pm On May 27, 2018
naptu2:

There are a lot of online streaming services with which you can watch the matches. I've already given an example of the Kwese app.

However, for very many people, network services are poor and the cost of data is beyond their reach, yet they can easily get terrestrial television signals. There are also a lot of people who might be in transit during the matches and the only way they can follow the games is on radio. These are the people that this announcement is for.
You don't seem to understand me, a lot of people listened to this matches via BON but not at this magnitude.
There are people who intend watching the match in good network zones but data price is expensive.
that is why I said if the network operators can team up with broadcasters for special data packages for the matches, it will be first of its kind.

We have radio apps that can transmit commentary, it can be worked out that maybe a match commentary can cast like 20 naira, most people don't go out with radios and outside a lot of urban areas signal is almost no exit but you can get apps which transmit over 3g
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by naptu2: 7:51pm On May 27, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

You don't seem to understand me, a lot of people listened to this matches via BON but not at this magnitude.
There are people who intend watching the match in good network zones but data price is expensive.
that is why I said if the network operators can team up with broadcasters for special data packages for the matches, it will be first of its kind.

We have radio apps that can transmit commentary, it can be worked out that maybe a match commentary can cast like 20 naira, most people don't go out with radios and outside a lot of urban areas signal is almost no exit but you can get apps which transmit over 3g

But you just made a case that the cost of data is not too high.

Anyway, I repeat, this announcement is for people whose only opportunity to watch the matches is via terrestrial TV and radio. The idea of a promo for people who want to stream the matches online is a totally different topic. You can create a thread with that suggestion. Who knows, someone from one of the telecomms companies might be reading.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:19pm On May 27, 2018
naptu2:

But you just made a case that the cost of data is not too high.

Anyway, I repeat, this announcement is for people whose only opportunity to watch the matches is via terrestrial TV and radio. The idea of a promo for people who want to stream the matches online is a totally different topic. You can create a thread with that suggestion. Who knows, someone from one of the telecomms companies might be reading.

Me made a case that data is not too high(faints)
where so i can modify

as for making a thread, you have a wider reach.

and honestly most places i work, its easier to get network than radio signal, most of us rely on live score BBC and nairaland to get updates if we cant stream.
maybe the telecoms guys might help us out , see this thread and come to uue rescue to make it an eventful world cup for all of us
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by henrygold100: 8:29pm On May 27, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
cool
I don't see anything new in this.
I would have been more interested if major telecom providers had signed an agreement for world cup streaming packages.
I watched the champions league online at a price of almost 500 naira.

Not everyone will have access to the terrestrial signals, but most people have access to fast Internet.
which app did u use bro, modpro is not in play store again. and which network and sub
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:47pm On May 27, 2018
henrygold100:
which app did u use bro, modpro is not in play store again. and which network and sub

http://livesport24.net/#source-1

etisalat night and weekend plan its 5gig for 2k
I also use mtn pulse 500 naira for 1gig weekly plan

mobdro can be downloaded from here https://mobdro.en.uptodown.com/android

use this for match listings

http://www.wheresthematch.com/live-football-on-tv-android-app/
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by naptu2: 8:53pm On May 27, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Me made a case that data is not too high(faints)
where so i can modify

as for making a thread, you have a wider reach.

and honestly most places i work, its easier to get network than radio signal, most of us rely on live score BBC and nairaland to get updates if we cant stream.
maybe the telecoms guys might help us out , see this thread and come to uue rescue to make it an eventful world cup for all of us

Sigh. You still don't get it.

I totally understand what you are talking about, but you are yet to get my point.

This is your point

1) I grew up in an era when everybody listened to shortwave radio. I listened to the BBC World Service, Voice of America, All India Radio, Radio Exterior De Espana, CBC, Radio France International, etc. It really didn't cost anything to listen to them and you could take them anywhere you went with a world band radio (remember that you can cover several countries with a single short wave transmitter).

The world has largely moved on from short wave broadcasting and the internet is the new short wave radio. So what if you can listen to these stations on your phone at near zero cost, just like we listened to shortwave broadcasts back in the day?

2) There was a football match last year and Kwese Sports showed it, but DSTV didn't. I called my brother to discuss the game with him, but he couldn't watch it because he was out of town and he could only get DSTV where he was. He told me to whatsapp him if there was a goal. I sent him a message when a goal was scored and he told me that he was watching the game via Kwese's Facebook page.

3) Some networks (eg, Etisalat) have a package with which you can use some social media platforms, eg Facebook, for free. What you are advocating is that one of the telecoms networks should partner with Kwese so that subscribers can watch the World Cup matches (only) at reduced cost.

I understand what you are saying.

Here's what I am saying

Although you and the people you know can easily access the internet, it's not the case for everybody. I know many people who do not have smart phones, I know many people who cannot afford data and I also know many people who do not have reliable data service at their location. Yet these people can easily watch or listen to the matches on terestrial TV and radio. Those are the people that this announcement is for.

Here's my main point. It is not a competition. The fact that people will watch and listen to the games via terestrial stations does not in any way affect people who want to stream the matches online. They are two totally separate issues. This thread is not about streaming the matches.

The fact that you want to stream the matches should not in any way hinder those who want to watch them on terestrial TV. They are two different things. You can create a thread about streaming World Cup matches if you are interested in that.
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by vertueptime: 9:06pm On May 27, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

premium services like soccer wwe and a host of others are not on this stations but are available on the net, also we leave in a mobile world and dont need to stop to view our loved matches

U mean not available live but are available abit later . Consider urself lucky to b in places with constant light to stream lengthy videos, nd also having good internet , ur not amongst the many/masses
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:13pm On May 27, 2018
vertueptime:

U mean not available live but are available abit later . Consider urself lucky to b in places with constant light to stream lengthy videos, nd also having good internet , ur not amongst the many/masses
as for light i consider myself lucky, thanks to where i work , its 247 for me for two weeks.

i meant most stations dont have license to transmit most matches
but you can always get it online
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Appswheel(m): 11:38pm On May 27, 2018
naptu2:

Free to air terrestrial TV is the most accessible TV platform in Nigeria. You don't need to pay a kobo to view it and you can view it without buying any special equipment.

In many places, you can view free to air terrestrial TV by simply attaching a clothes hanger and any electrical wire to your TV set. You can also view free to air terrestrial TV if you already have a satellite dish (you don't need any special equipment. All you need to do is search on your TV).

And remember, almost all the terrestrial radio and TV stations in Nigeria are members of BON (they've got more than 100 members and this includes the biggest networks in Nigeria).

If you own a Kwese TV decoder, you can assess all their content on your mobile at no extra charge

Internet streaming is good, but this announcement is for people who prefer to watch the matches free of charge, without paying for data or pay TV subscription. It's also for those who might want to listen to commentaries on their car radios.
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by vertueptime: 6:46am On May 29, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

as for light i consider myself lucky, thanks to where i work , its 247 for me for two weeks.

i meant most stations dont have license to transmit most matches
but you can always get it online

Lol u see, ur nt living in tge real nigerian enviroment, may be some day ul understand
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by henrygold100: 3:38pm On May 31, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

http://livesport24.net/#source-1

etisalat night and weekend plan its 5gig for 2k
I also use mtn pulse 500 naira for 1gig weekly plan

mobdro can be downloaded from here https://mobdro.en.uptodown.com/android

use this for match listings

http://www.wheresthematch.com/live-football-on-tv-android-app/
this where's the match .com. is it another app for footballs alone. if yes which one is beta between Mondro and where's the match.com
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:28pm On May 31, 2018
henrygold100:
this where's the match .com. is it another app for footballs alone. if yes which one is beta between Mondro and where's the match.com

Mobdro is for streaming

Where is the match shows you what stations will be showing the match.

They are two separate matches

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Golden Boy 2019 Nominees: De Ligt, Vinicius, Hudson-odoi, Kean & Felix Included / Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele / Mohamed Salah Covers For GQ Magazine [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.