Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,725 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:24 AM

As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? (13040 Views)

Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse? / 6 Tips On How To Choose A Car Mechanic / Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by kennyjam: 8:08am On May 29, 2018
Well. .......am an upcoming one...
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by kenyguy(m): 8:09am On May 29, 2018
Nice write up
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by dudebuck: 8:09am On May 29, 2018
cardoctor:

Rubbish item. It doesnt work. Waste of money.
actually it does, but not like the dealer level ones.
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by timifakay(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2018
Abudu2000:
so mechanics can actually spell? U r rite. The hunter becomes....

The difference between being illiterate and being a mechanic is as much as the difference between being stu.pid and being wise.
Only a stu.pid person will equate being a mechanic to being an illiterate.

Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, EgunMogaji, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Oluwaseunla, Princetom1, thebigkendo... Come and share your experience.
Kingreign the epistle of your Carina comes to mind.

7 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Nobody: 8:20am On May 29, 2018
My Car was not shifting well and the gear was slipping. I told a kazeem and he suggested I changed gear box which would cost 180k shocked. But After a little research online, I took the car and did a total transmission flush and replaced oil. The issue stopped magically. I hate kazeems. They need to be crucified. grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:46am On May 29, 2018
My car started stalling as if I have dead plugs. I took it to a Kazeem to check the plugs, he said the issue is not the plugs but the fuel pump. Told him to check the two then he changed fuel pump.
Lo and behold, As I was driving back to work, car started stalling again!
At the end, we changed plugs and everything is fine!

4 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Abbeyme: 8:48am On May 29, 2018
MOHE:
How can one expel rats from the engine bay permanently?

Get the recommended engine cover installed, leaving no spaces!
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by GreenArrow1(m): 8:56am On May 29, 2018
SIRKAY98:
The most embarrassing moment i had when my car got fault was when the AIR FLOW METER GOT BURNT
NISSAN SERENA BUS

1. CAR SAPS FUEL LIKE 30LITRES IN 30MINUTES

2.CAR WOUNT RACE TO SOME EXTENT AND WOUNT MOVE AS EXPECTED

3. CAR JERKS

4.SYMPTOMS IS BLACK SMOKE

5.Some evil mechanics told me it had no solution i should sell the Car at Jankara Ijaiye Ojokoro Market(at 150,000)
Car of 1.5MN

I INSIST THAT IT WILL WORK

AIRFLOW METER BROUGHT TO ME IN ALL NUKES AND CRANES OF THE MARKET WAS OVER 100 no one worked

I nearly lost hope to go and park it in the house for ever

I got there by 7am in the Morning that faithfull day and i was about living by 7pm when this guy brought the Airflow meter because i was nearly crying that i lost money

But at first i said he should not worry! because i lost hope

But i took d courage and he put it...but lo and behold the engine came up, stops black smoke,raves well, stoped fuel sapping and it became normall

I spent over 200k in fixing it!

Because i have first bought almost all component in the car thinking its the Fault due to suggestions from evil mechanics

I bought brain Box 5. ,fuel Pumps countless, Injector System

Alot of Gas-Fuel

And workmanships

Am still using d car .it a good Car

Did you run a diagnostic scan?
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by slimcious(m): 8:58am On May 29, 2018
I spent 2days in the bush when my Toyota picnic timing belt cut. Hence, I keep extra 1belt in the boot to avoid reoccurrence

4 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by AceVentura: 9:11am On May 29, 2018
wristbangle:
Rats eating distributor cables connected to spark plugs. That it looks as if Village people were at work.

Vehicle unable to start after changing injector, brain box, bla bla not until it was observed that a wire from the fuse section has been disconnected sad and person don spend close to 100k

The simplest thing that you could have done would've been to scan the vehicle instead of making the owner spend that kind of money.

Not cool @ all.

2 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Nobody: 9:11am On May 29, 2018
[quote author=wristbangle post=67977293]Rats eating distributor cables connected to spark plugs. That it looks as if Village people were at work.

Vehicle unable to start after changing injector, brain box, bla bla not until it was observed that a wire from the fuse section has been disconnected sad and person don spend close to 100k/quote]whaoo,I can only imagine!
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by wristbangle: 9:30am On May 29, 2018
AceVentura:

The simplest thing that you could have done would've been to scan the vehicle instead of making the owner spend that kind of money.

Not cool @ all.

Am speaking of my parents car. Lol I no be mechanic. It was the mechanic that made me spend such ridiculous amount of money then.
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by 3kay945(m): 10:25am On May 29, 2018
SIRKAY98:
The most embarrassing moment i had when my car got fault was when the AIR FLOW METER GOT BURNT
NISSAN SERENA BUS

3. CAR JERKS

5.Some evil mechanics told me it had no solution i should sell the Car at Jankara Ijaiye Ojokoro Market(at 150,000)
Car of 1.5MN

AIRFLOW METER BROUGHT TO ME IN ALL NUKES AND CRANES OF THE MARKET WAS OVER 100 no one worked

I got there by 7am in the Morning that faithfull day and i was about living by 7pm when this guy brought the Airflow meter because i was nearly crying that i lost money

But i took d courage and he put it...but lo and behold the engine came up, stops black smoke,raves well, stoped fuel sapping and it became normall

Because i have first bought almost all component in the car thinking its the Fault due to suggestions from evil mechanics

Alot of Gas-Fuel

And workmanships

Ehn, your eyes don see o cry

1 Like

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by 3kay945(m): 10:30am On May 29, 2018
Kelvin30286063:
My car started stalling as if I have dead plugs. I took it to a Kazeem to check the plugs, he said the issue is not the plugs but the fuel pump. Told him to check the two then he changed fuel pump. Looks and behold, As I was driving back to work, car started stalling again!
At the end, we changed plugs and everything is fine!

What did you do to the dude? grin

Well, it is good to have extra pump
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by 0ubenji(m): 10:40am On May 29, 2018
Abudu2000:
Watch these kasims come here to form expects
You actually typed like these kasims you just maligned. Your Moniker crucified you further. undecided

6 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by 3kay945(m): 10:41am On May 29, 2018
When I first got my car, I didn't know it has been kazeemised already. So on one particular day I returned from a short drive, I parked the car, off the engine and removed the key. I stepped out of the car and slammed the door. You can't imagine what happen! grin
The ignition came on that is, fans started working with dashboard lights shocked while the key was on my palm.

The vehicle wasn't using remote control so I won't say someone was playing pranks on me. I was like wow! Incredible.

8 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by nakoks(m): 11:03am On May 29, 2018
femi4:
Rat sleeping on engine bay, I had to replace the engine
Sorry about this.Place chunks of charcoal in the engine bay.Rats can stand the smell so they stay away.

2 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by nakoks(m): 11:08am On May 29, 2018
Abbeyme:

Get the recommended engine cover installed, leaving no spaces!

;DIts either you want to put the engine inside cellophine bag or you dont know what a rat is/can get into.

1 Like

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by PoisonedOne: 11:48am On May 29, 2018
3kay945:
When I first got my car, I didn't know it has been kazeemised already. So on one particular day I returned from a short drive, I parked the car, off the engine and removed the key. I stepped out of the car and slammed the door. You can't imagine what happen! grin
The ignition came on that is, fans started working with dashboard lights shocked while the key was on my palm.

The vehicle wasn't using remote control so I won't say someone was playing pranks on me. I was like wow! Incredible.
haha. Na ur village people o, dem wan drive the car comot. cheesy
So how did you sort it out?

3 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Bigmind(m): 11:50am On May 29, 2018
cardoctor:

You are one of those mechanics that rip people off. I understand the source of your anger.

I have been using for well over 3 years now. Works perfectly.
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by omohlexy: 12:21pm On May 29, 2018
jboy73:
I saw 2 cockroaches making love on the ignition bay in the engine cover.
I couldn't believe my eyes... I told the owner we would have to perform a full engine replacement procedure with immediate effect so the cockroaches would relocate.
o boy na fool you be

3 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by erico2k2(m): 12:43pm On May 29, 2018
cardoctor:

you mean his one don't work all of of them(Scanners)?
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by greggng: 12:57pm On May 29, 2018
SIRKAY98:
NISSAN SERENA BUS

3. CAR JERKS

Car of 1.5MN

Alot of Gas-Fuel

And workmanships

I had exactly this same problem . I visited so many experts who come on radio to discuss auto issue but they only speak grammar. Thank God I was able to meet a mechanic that collected only 8k to fix a problem that nearly made me go for another engine. He scanned the car. Got all the codes and brought out his other laptop and clicked on application that brought out the diagram of my car . As he was looking at it he was writing out his report as if he is a medical doctor. At the end he discovered my caterlist , temperature sensor, the two oxygen sensor are bad and also he changed the plugs. . That was how my car remained calm and all problems disappeared till date. I call him car doctor. May God bless Mr Adebayo the mechanic

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by cluewebhost(m): 1:02pm On May 29, 2018
slimcious:
I spent 2days in the bush when my Toyota picnic timing belt cut. Hence, I keep extra 1belt in the boot to avoid reoccurrence

Extra Timing Belt? I thought that caused complications when its cut
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by Bigmind(m): 1:05pm On May 29, 2018
erico2k2:

Just so you know, this gives fault code, I doesn't fix the car.
Nowhere did I state it fixes vehicle. It tells you what's wrong with your vehicle. The essence is, it prevents you from being ripped off by mechanics.
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by toyosi15(m): 1:38pm On May 29, 2018
Abudu2000:
Watch these kasims come here to form expects
Your dumbass professional self should say something now
Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by erico2k2(m): 1:48pm On May 29, 2018
Bigmind:
Nowhere did I state it fixes vehicle. It tells you what's wrong with your vehicle. The essence is, it prevents you to ripped off by mechanics.
But that was what I meant, and also, I can tell you this scan device cant tell you if you water pump fails. This was the point the other guy was trying to raise.

2 Likes

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by kelechi50: 1:50pm On May 29, 2018
cardoctor:

please kindly explain your experience with the scanning device the are advertising, because I'm interested in buying one

1 Like

Re: As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? by 3kay945(m): 1:53pm On May 29, 2018
PoisonedOne:
haha. Na ur village people o, dem wan drive the car comot. cheesy
So how did you sort it out?

The fuse box has been terribly abused. I have to change the whole thing. Though it slept at the Kazeem rewire for 2day cos after toying with the fuse box another problem started. grin the car couldn't start easily anymore and when it started, the sound wasn't normal.
After the second day, another rewire came and pressed down one particular fuse under the dashboard area. Like magic, the motor roared back to life grin. Since then I have fell in love with this particular Kazeem.
I changed the complete fusebox afterward.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Facts You Need To Know About Your Car VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) / Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X / Why Nigerians Are Afraid To Buy Some Car Brands? - Gabriel Salifu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.