Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,489 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:04 PM

Pmb Will Not Leave Power Unless - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pmb Will Not Leave Power Unless (361 Views)

PMB Will Be Remembered As Father Of Democracy- Obaseki / BREAKING: PMB Will Lose In FCT, Kano, Sokoto, Kaduna – Shi’ites Declares / Pmb Will Not Leave Power Unless (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Pmb Will Not Leave Power Unless by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 29, 2018
NOBODY SHOULD TELL ME HAPPY DEMOCRACY DAY!

What is happy about nigerian's level of democracy? Is our right to vote (assuming it isn't rigged) more important than our right to life, respect as a nation, good health care, and social justice?
All I have seen in recent politics is lack of interest in anything other than personal gain. I am in a semi peaceful state of Nigeria and so are many nigerians so they can't really grasps how Leiah Shaibu is celebrating democracy day today maybe cooking food over a big fire for 50 men after being raped last night by 5 men? Or maybe it is the orphan or widow who is under the rain after cattle herdsmen murdered their benefactor, or the mother whose only son trained to be a priest only to be killed on the pulpit?

Nobody should happy democracy day me, I was in senior secondary school when we had our last military president. I was little but I do know my parents weren't living in fear. The only people in fear then we're activists of democracy, those who tried to over throw the rulers, criminals and a few people who will have been victimised due to those in powers being human which isn't changed even in so called democracy.
I don't need to also remind anyone that our money had better value then and citizens were better behaved.

So what am I in essence saying, nobody should happy democracy me until democracy develops to be better that military rule it took over from.
Until every citizen who says things are terrible is willing to do his best to make a positive difference as though Leiah was his daughter, instead of saying, "my vote won't count" "I am not interested in politics" and whatever excuse you maybe giving we won't have a better nation.

A wise man I respect says " insanity is doing the same thing continously and expecting a different outcome.
Re: Pmb Will Not Leave Power Unless by Mynd44: 12:53pm On May 29, 2018

(1)

Pmb Makes History: Signs Not Too Young To Run Bill / #nottooyoungtorun: Why the Nigerian Youth May Not Yet Be Ready for Leadership / Real Story Of National Assembly Joint Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.