Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,573 members, 7,929,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 01:22 AM

Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others (1845 Views)

ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) / NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 7:02pm On May 29, 2018
Yesterday Monday would forever be in my heart as I was scammed my hard earned money.I am a young graduate that just finished my Nysc, so I decided to deal on house renting and land ,pending when I will get a good job.
On Thursday 24th of May, a man called me with this number 0816 409 5564 introducing his self as engineer sunny from port Harcourt, he asked me if I have lands for sale in Abuja, I answered him that I have, he now said a man will call me that I should treat him well.
The next day which was Friday, a man called me with this number 0813 803 8357 and introduce himself as eze Sunday, he told me that engineer sunny gave him my number, he said that he is serving his boss in port Harcourt and he have saved a lot of money over serving his boss for 7 years to buy a land in Abuja, the way he talked was so convincing and he spoke my language to me.
I went for a survey and I saw good lands and I told him everything, he liked the land,so on Saturday, he called again and told me that I should help him go and select 2 of the best lands that will be good for a hotel, and that he will be in Abuja on Wednesday. He also told me that him and his Oga is to travel to Lagos on Monday for stock taking in their shops in Lagos and that from there he will come to Abuja.
So I checked for the best lands and I selected the best two and told mr eze Sunday, he told me that I have tried, I also told him that he will pay 5 percent of any property he buys, he also agreed, as we where talking, he told me that he is from nsukka in enugu state and that he has suffered alot, I had pity for him immediately because I knew what I went through when I was in school.
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 7:05pm On May 29, 2018
On Sunday after, after church, he called me and told me that he and his Oga will be traveling to Lagos the next day and theirs a little problem, I asked him what the problem is, he said that over the period of 7 years he have been saving up to 20 million and he said the money is in a fridge in their shop, I told him what's my business with that?, he started crying that if he and his Oga travelled to Lagos, another person will be in the shop and the money might be discovered, I told him that in this century, no body keeps money at home so I asked him what he wants me to do
He said, that what he intends doing is that he will write a receipt for me and package the fridge as a gift and lock it and send it to me, I was scared, so I called 2 of my friends and explain everything to them, they say I should help him, since he is going to buy land and as the agent I will get up to 5 percent of any land he buys
So I called Mr eze back and sent him my address, around 6 in the evening, he called me texted me the name of the company and driver he used,
So on Monday morning as I was going to work, I got a call from the driver that he is in makurdi and that he have been caught by the custom, the said he should open the fridge, he told me that he have tried opening the fridge, but it's not opening and the custom say he should go to their office
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 7:08pm On May 29, 2018
I told him that he should try and talk to the custom or he should call Mr eze, when I tried calling mr eze, his number was not going through, so I was a little confused, seeing that he has cried to me and he also speaks igbo with me, I told the driver to give the phone to one of the custom officers.
So I talked with the officer and he said that the driver must go to the office with them, I talked with the man he now said the driver must pay 150 thousand naira, I begged him to accept the 10k the driver was offering, he said that the only thing that he can help is that the driver must pay 40k,So then I now tried Mr eze number it was now going through, I explained everything to him, he started begging and pleading and crying that I should not allow the custom to go with the fridge, out of my human sympathy, I told the driver to collect their account number, I transferrd 30k to them and that was my last money in my account plus the 10 k the driver offered to them which was 40 thousand,After like 30 minutes, the driver called back that the ogas their did not accept the 40 and that the are even shouting at the junior officcer that help collected 40 thousand, I explained to him that that's all I have, and I have tried.
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 29, 2018
Sense will not kill you.

Or a lack of it will.
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 7:10pm On May 29, 2018
The driver now told me to talked with another of the Oga, I explained to him that I just finished Nysc and I am just trying to start up my life, that the should help, he now insisted that the only thing that he will do is that I will pay extra 35 k which will make it 75,so I had to call one of my friend and she helped transfer 35k to them, I have all the proof and account details, the driver said that the have given him cover note that he is now ready to leave,
So I heaved a sigh of relief and called the Mr eze and told him everything, he was now praying and blessing me,And thanking me,He promised that when he comes to Abuja on Wednesday that he will settle me anything I spent
All this happened around 730 in the morning, so I asked the driver how many hours does it take from makurdi to Abuja, so he told me that around 2 he should be in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 29, 2018
Akpili ogologo.

angry
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 7:12pm On May 29, 2018
TarOrfeek:
Sense will not kill you.

Or a lack of it will.

Thank you, now I know why people don't have human sympathy again, even if someone is dying in my front, I will look the other way and move on
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 7:18pm On May 29, 2018
So around 12 30 I received another phone call from the driver that people with white hilux where trying to overtake him, and that he mistakenly hit the bumper of their car and he found out that they were ndlea, I got surprised and shouted at him that is he the only driver on the high way, why will all this things happen to him alone, So I told him that if he hit the bumper, that his company is supposed to pay, what's my business with that, He started crying that his motor boy wanted to fight the people and they hit him with gun and that the people are acting based on intelligence report, that he is carrying drugs, then I told him that,since he is not carrying drugs, he should allow them search his truck, he said they are threatening to break the lock of the fridge
Initially I did not suspect anything, I was just angry that the driver is not a good driver, but he now say the ndlea people say he should settle them, so I told him to settle them nah, I asked him how much the want to collect, So I asked that I want to talk to one of the officcer, so I talked with one of the officer and he started telling me how the are acting on intelligence report, so I said officer, we should settle, so the officer say I should pay 250k and I offered him 20,the officer insulted me on the phone and said they are going to okene with the driver, So I immediately called the Mr eze and told him everything, he said I should please help him that I am the only hope he have and that he have suffered alot,So after like 10 minutes the driver called me and said he have talked to the officer and that he have agreed to collect 20 thousand that's where my brain started telling me that it's scam,because how will a Nigerian officer stoop so low from 250k to 20k, when they will want to show my face on crime fighter or get promotion, so I told them to send me their account number,the sent an Eco bank account number, Then I immediately went to Eco bank and explained everything to my friend working their, so he said normally the don't divulge customer account details to outsider but he is doing this as a trust for me, so the lady at the customer care unit checked the account, and told me that a withdrawal was made from that account in ogun state and that a notice has been put on that account that any one that goes to withdraw should be arrested.
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 7:22pm On May 29, 2018
That was when I knew I have been scammed, So I also ran to union bank where I paid the 65k I paid in the morning,The lady their refused to tell me anything about the account, but she said that alot of money have been withdrawn from the account that day, both with pos, ATM and bank withdraws,I begged her to allow me see the customer pictures she refused,I started calling the engineer Sunday, the driver and the Mr eze, they refused picking my calls
I started sending them text. I am doing this so that other person's won't fall for the scam, because Mr eze sounded so genuine,atteched are screen shots
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 7:25pm On May 29, 2018
Pics

Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 7:26pm On May 29, 2018
More

Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 7:29pm On May 29, 2018
CC
Tabbaz
Seun
Singapore1
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by StackHouse1(m): 7:30pm On May 29, 2018
grin

Just one word GREED
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by andyanders: 7:40pm On May 29, 2018
At your age and educational background, you still fall for this nonsense? The person responsible for this act is someone that knows you and very close to you. Since you have the details of the account, you contact the bank through the police.

3 Likes

Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 7:51pm On May 29, 2018
andyanders:
At your age and educational background, you still fall for this nonsense? The person responsible for this act is someone that knows you and very close to you. Since you have the details of the account, you contact the bank through the police.
Thanks,
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 7:54pm On May 29, 2018
StackHouse1:
grin

Just one word GREED

Thanks, I was not greedy, I don't desire other people stuffs, I try to work hard to get mine, thanks anyway, you have your own opinion, I just learnt a big lesson, and I hope others learn from my experience
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Otedollaryen: 8:14pm On May 29, 2018
They don remix lotto format use am run you local. sad

I hate local scammers sha. angry
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by YOUNGELDER1(m): 8:16pm On May 29, 2018
Just contact the police and their banks.
So people still fall for this old scam?

It’s the same scam going on Facebook.
Whereby guys would create a Facebook account chat you pretend to be a white gig and promise to send you an iPhone and a laptop .
Then the next thing you’re asked to pay for the delivery or sort a custom officer bla bla .
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Chiemenaprince: 8:21pm On May 29, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:
Just contact the police and their banks.
So people still fall for this old scam?

It’s the same scam going on Facebook.
Whereby guys would create a Facebook account chat you pretend to be a white gig and promise to send you an iPhone and a laptop .
Then the next thing you’re asked to pay for the delivery or sort a custom officer bla bla .

If he had told me that I won something, I know that I didn't win anything, here I was trying to help and doing my business too, anyways let God judge if I was greedy or I thought bad about them
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by YOUNGELDER1(m): 8:24pm On May 29, 2018
Chiemenaprince:

If he had told me that I won something, I know that I didn't win anything, here I was trying to help and doing my business too, anyways let God judge if I was greedy or I thought bad about them

Same scam different format
Just report to the police.
Go to the bank with the police report and the culprit would be brought to book.
Between how did the said Eze get to know you’re an agent?
Are you sure this is not planned work?
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by menix(m): 8:40pm On May 29, 2018
Dude u fall hand jare..

How can someone tell u he hid money inside a fridge nd wants to send same to you he does not know from adam, if not GREED..

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by IVORY2009(m): 8:44pm On May 29, 2018
Op sorry about ur loses, u should have been very careful and as same time smell the whole saga ahead of time as scam.
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by hisgrace090: 9:01pm On May 29, 2018
Young man mind you all those stories of serving an OGA for seven years, saving huge cash etc are cooked up stories of fraudsters.

BEWARE!
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by HoodBillionaire: 9:22pm On May 29, 2018
naso one bastard text me dis morn
send recharge card pins
aft few mins he called bavk
and started explaining
begging
saying i shud send d txt back with the fake pin
i say men see old scam.
nawa o.
dem really dagbo u sha

Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:08pm On May 29, 2018
my dear please stop all these threat to these scammers. .you played the fool and were not smart enough. . .just let them be and brace up. . .scammers are everywhere just be sure to see who you are dealing with incase of next time. . .
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Tabbaz(m): 12:47pm On May 30, 2018
Hmmmmmm.. If only scammers can utilize their brain positively
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Professorcplus(m): 4:00pm On May 30, 2018
Bro sorry for your loss. I hope you get over it soon. It part of the experience that leads to success in your career. Never give because better offers coming ahead
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by nonny1212: 4:43pm On May 30, 2018
how can someone hide 20mill in the fridge, now agreed to send u the 20mill in the fridge. .

How come you never thought the same person could arrange to have the fridge taken else where if he was able to arrange for its waybill rather, the thought of the 20mill never allowed u to think so. you wanted to make profit so bad that u allowed ur emotions rule u.

Guy to some extent I blame u for being scammed but also scam can happen to some other person in some other way.
it was the 20mill that was involved that made u go soooo blind u never realised it was all SCAM.
be wise next time.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by aragonchuks(m): 10:26pm On May 30, 2018
D
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by ifyalways(f): 4:40am On May 31, 2018
Sorry OP. Lessons learned, I believe.

Never let your greed, emotions or religious sentiments overtake your head.
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by adecz: 5:46am On May 31, 2018
grin grin grin

When it comes to using wayo to
extract money from ppl, naija scammers
no dey carry last in this our planet.

Na ppl wey sabi you, set you
up for this scam.

But as usual, only greed opened you
up for the scam to be successful.

Your mind was constantly on the
5% "commission" ( wink ) you had already
spent in your mind & beclouded your
judgement.

And, why all this withdrawal activities
in Afonja land? Did you serve in that axis?

A big lesson to you.

Welcome to the real world;
Now your suffering continues ( NYSC) cool cool cool cool
Re: Scam Alert: How I Was Scammed By Eze Sunday And 2 Others by Victorrhymez(m): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2022
Military box format grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Criminal Who Breaks Through Wall Caught By Vigilante Groups In Bayelsa (photos) / Where Are Al-mustapha, Gen. Ishaya Bamayi & Co.? / Why I Killed My Husband - Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.