Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,826 members, 7,966,055 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 08:13 AM

What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? (3815 Views)

Hyundai/kia Sp-iii ATF Limited Qty Available / Ns3 |Atf Dw-1| Mercon Lv| Hyundai Atf Sp-iv | Transmission Fluids Natiowide Del / Mobil 5w20,5w30 and WS ATF Available from USA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by ndidibabe(f): 3:32pm On May 30, 2018
Good Afternoon. I am unable to find the manual for my 2007 2.4 LE Camry. I want to change the ATF after two years of usage but not sure of the recommended ATF. My mechanic has recommended Dexron 2 but i do not trust his recommendation. Is there anyone that has similar car and can recommend?
Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by dpsalmist15: 3:54pm On May 30, 2018
Check the transmission dipstick recommend at is written on it. I hope this helps good luck
Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by Doyin4real(m): 4:01pm On May 30, 2018
For a camry of 2007 model, I will advice you to use TOYOTA ATF WS. Dextron 2 is too low a grade for car of 2007 model.
If you can get the manual for the car, it would have been the best. I use Toyota 4 runner 2007 model and that is what I use. ATF WS is downward compartible. But Dexron 2 will definitely fry your gear box.

I stand to be corrected by the professionals pls.
Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by ndidibabe(f): 4:15pm On May 30, 2018
Doyin4real:
For a camry of 2007 model, I will advice you to use TOYOTA ATF WS. Dextron 2 is too low a grade for car of 2007 model.
If you can get the manual for the car, it would have been the best. I use Toyota 4 runner 2007 model and that is what I use. ATF WS is downward compartible. But Dexron 2 will definitely fry your gear box.

I stand to be corrected by the professionals pls.
Please where can i get the TOYOTA ATF WS and what is the cost?
Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by Doyin4real(m): 5:21pm On May 30, 2018
ndidibabe:
Please where can i get the TOYOTA ATF WS and what is the cost?

You can contact this guy Adetayo Ajimotokin on 08035111559. You can chat with him on whatsapp.
The last one I bought was quite expensive @ N 5000 naira per liter. The quantity u will buy now depends on the size of your gear box. It maybe cheaper now or otherwise. I will strongly advice you go for the TOYOTA ATF WS.
The TOYOTA ATF WS was delivered to me right in my office without having to go to his store.
You can google it to see how the container looks like.

Wishing you all the best.
Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by ndidibabe(f): 8:49pm On May 30, 2018
Doyin4real:

You can contact this guy Adetayo Ajimotokin on 08035111559. You can chat with him on whatsapp.
The last one I bought was quite expensive @ N 5000 naira per liter. The quantity u will buy now depends on the size of your gear box. It maybe cheaper now or otherwise. I will strongly advice you go for the TOYOTA ATF WS.
The TOYOTA ATF WS was delivered to me right in my office without having to go to his store.

Thanks a lot!
Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by ndidibabe(f): 8:50pm On May 30, 2018
dpsalmist15:
Check the transmission dipstick recommend at is written on it. I hope this helps good luck
Many thanks!
Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by DonX001: 11:16pm On May 30, 2018
ndidibabe:
Good Afternoon. I am unable to find the manual for my 2007 2.4 LE Camry. I want to change the ATF after two years of usage but not sure of the recommended ATF. My mechanic has recommended Dexron 2 but i do not trust his recommendation. Is there anyone that has similar car and can recommend?
Why don't you repost this thread in Car Talk section, if you want to get more responses from the most seasoned hands.

Here in Autos section, it will get buried under an avalanche of adverts in a few hours, and the people that need to see it may not see it.
In Car Talk section, it stays up much longer, and the car enthusiasts frequent there much more than here, as that is the section actually devoted to discussing car issues, such as this your question.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by whiteboyswag: 11:54pm On May 30, 2018
Call me on 09099109710. I have WS in stock from the US
Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by icenti: 5:32pm On May 25, 2022
Doyin4real:

This is what I got. According to my mechanic

Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by Carparts888(m): 3:32am On May 26, 2022
What's the make , model and year of your vehicle?
icenti:

This is what I got. According to my mechanic
Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by icenti: 9:16am On May 26, 2022
Carparts888:
What's the make , model and year of your vehicle?

camry 08 v6 xle
Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by Carparts888(m): 4:24pm On May 26, 2022
Drain off asap and buy 5 liters of Toyota WS ATF as soon as you can for your Camry to prevent further damage to your gear box. Toyota Type T IV is for the older generation Toyotas and not for the generation of your Camry.
icenti:

camry 08 v6 xle
CHANGE YOUR MECHANIC TOO
Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by Amaaf(m): 5:10pm On May 26, 2022
This is from 2007 Toyota Camry User Manual

Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by Amaaf(m): 5:15pm On May 26, 2022
Very important

Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by icenti: 11:44pm On May 26, 2022
Amaaf:
Very important

Al these mechanic are wicked. Thanks to Nairaland na so my engine for take knock. Can I manage it this weekend on short movement & then by Monday I fix it ?
Re: What Is The Recommended Atf For Toyota Camry 2007? by Carparts888(m): 12:23am On May 27, 2022
The earlier you change your ATF to the genuine one, the better.
icenti:

Al these mechanic are wicked. Thanks to Nairaland na so my engine for take knock. Can I manage it this weekend on short movement & then by Monday I fix it ?

(1) (Reply)

»»» Distress Sale! Bullet Proof G Wagon 02 Upgraded @ N12M Negotiable ««« / 2008 Model Lexus Es350 Toks Full Option Good Deal / GLORY BE TO GOD.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.