Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,095 members, 7,946,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 04:14 AM

Be Someone Sunshine When Their Skies Are Gray! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Be Someone Sunshine When Their Skies Are Gray! (676 Views)

Sunshine Cleaning Service Canter / CNN Style - From Rainbow To Gray: The Evolution Of Hair Dye (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Someone Sunshine When Their Skies Are Gray! by richdad555: 8:43am On Jun 01, 2018
BE SOMEONE SUNSHINE WHEN THEIR SKIES ARE GRAY!

If you can help the young woman who is crying out for help, then why not? You do not have to mock her and scorn her simply because she poured her heart out and ask for help.

For it is written that you should ask and it shall be given to you and some do not receive because they did not ask. My heart did ache when I saw some responses of mockery, laughter and jest. If you cannot help someone because you were not privileged that does not permit you to scorn them or poke fun at them. If you do not have resources to give to such a person in need of help, your kind words, encouragement or sincere prayers can bring a little sunshine to their lives.

Think about it. We have money to buy flashy cars, favorite gadgets and live in exotic places and eat palatable meals and splurge on things, but when it comes to someone other than ourselves it becomes a problem.

When it comes to others selfishness starts to kick in. We are told to be imitators of Christ. Was Christ thinking only about Himself when He died on the cross? No!

God has given you the opportunity to be a blessing to someone because it's God who gave you all that you have and he can also take everything from you and you cannot do anything about it.

The Scripture makes it clear that when your heart is set on blessing others, God will bless you in the process.

If you were in need wouldn’t you want someone to help you? Instead of judging, ask yourself that question whenever you see the needy. Always remember that those in need are Jesus in disguise as the bible made me to understand in the book of Matthew 25:42-46.

Matthew 25:42-46

42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, Unclad and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or Unclad or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Great quotes from great people about giving!

Quote (1).

“The more you give, the more comes back to you, because God is the greatest giver in the universe, and He won’t let you outgive Him. Go ahead and try. See what happens.”
Randy Alcorn.

Randy was simply saying that the more we give to the needy and poor the more we shall receive and nor matter what amount or measure you give to someone in need you can't outgive God, and if you give in thousands God can give you in Millions and if you give in millions God can give you in billions because he owns all the treasures and wealth of the universe.

Quote (2).

“A lack of generosity refuses to acknowledge that your assets are not really yours, but God’s.”
-Tim Keller.

Tim Keller is also saying in a simple term that when we are not generous or do not give to those in need that means we have refused to accept the fact that our earthly possessions ( wealth, richies, money, cars, houses, etc) does not belong to us but God's.

Quote (3).

“Be someone’s sunshine when their skies are grey.”

“When you open your heart to giving, angels fly to your door.”

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”

“We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”

– Ronald Reagan.

Reagan, also made us to understand that when we open our heart and give to those in need we automatically open a chanel or link by which angels of God fly to our doors to also give unto us in the areas of our need, which may include; abundant blessing, wealth, devine health, protection, peace, joy, happiness, long life, children etc, and giving to the needy always bring long term great benefits and blessings and we can help someone in our own possible way within our capacity.

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT GIVING TO THE POOR AND NEEDY?

1. Hebrews 13:16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

2. Luke 3:10-11 And the people asked him, saying, What shall we do then? He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.

3. Matthew 5:42 Give to everyone who asks you for something. Don’t turn anyone away who wants to borrow something from you.

BE GENEROUS;

4. Proverbs 19:17 The one who is gracious to the poor lends to the LORD, and the LORD will repay him for his good deed.

5. Proverbs 11:25 The generous soul will be made rich and he who waters will also be watered himself.

6. Proverbs 3:27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in the power of your hand to do so.

7. Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A large quantity, pressed together, shaken down, and running over will be put into your lap, because you’ll be evaluated by the same standard with which you evaluate others.

8 Matthew 5:42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.

9. Psalm 41:1-3 Blessed is he who considers the poor, the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. The Lord will preserve him and keep him alive, and he will not deliver him to the will of his enemies.

10. Proverbs 29:7 The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it.

11. Proverbs 11:25-27 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself. He that withholdeth corn, the people shall curse him: but blessing shall be upon the head of him that selleth it. He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him.

12. Proverbs 28:27 Whoever gives to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to poverty will be cursed.

GIVE NOT WITH A GRUDGING HEART

13. 2 Corinthians 9:7 Each of you must give what you have decided in your heart, not with regret or under compulsion, since God loves a cheerful giver. Besides, God is able to make every blessing of yours overflow for you, so that in every situation you will always have all you need for any good work.

13. Deuteronomy 15:10 Be sure to give to them without any hesitation. When you do this, the LORD your God will bless you in everything you work for and set out to do.

May God give us a heart full of love for one another.

1 Like

Re: Be Someone Sunshine When Their Skies Are Gray! by ahnie: 2:03pm On Jun 01, 2018
I'm now convinced that you re her husband
Citing all those biblical quotations
Boys scout must wear green berets parade.

Please you wouldn't do bad as a motivational
Speaker,you ve got the passion bruv.
You cant force people to give,the economy z biting,something I observed from this woman z,she has BIG eyes,she's not ready to start from the grassroots.

Peace!
Re: Be Someone Sunshine When Their Skies Are Gray! by ahnie: 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
Let her look for a teaching job
Its so easy to get.moreso this z corn season
let her join the hustle.she has this kind sense
of entitlement.

What do I even know sef.
Re: Be Someone Sunshine When Their Skies Are Gray! by richdad555: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2018
JUDGE RIGHTEOUSLY AND PLEAD THE CAUSE OF THE POOR AND NEEDY: PROVERBS 31:8

I judge righteously and plead the cause of all those who are poor and needy as the bible commanded me in the book of Proverbs:31:8 Open your mouth, judge righteously and plead the cause of the poor and needy and you may call me the husband, boyfriend or any name you seem fit just as Christ may have appeared to be the husband or boyfriend of the woman he saved from death in the bible whose kinsmen wanted her stoned to death for the reason of adultery. I say the bitter truth from the word of God which is a very strong and bitter pill that you may find very uncomfortable to swallow.

Point of correction;

Giving to the poor or needy in any way is not all about giving them money or material things, one can give someone in need hope by words of encouragement and prayer. You were right! to call me a motivational speaker because that is whom God has made me and I have been the voice of the voiceless and speak the mind of God to people like you who make fun of people's situation, you believe that you are indispensable. Go read the entire book of JOB and be humble before God. No body is compelling you to give any person in need or to the poor because giving out of compulsion or hesitation is sill unacceptable to God because is still like giving nothing at all.

You did not observe nothing from the woman in question, it will be wise to say what you have observed from yourself is that yourself has placed you in the wrong light to see and call others greedy or foolish or lazy. I read her post like two times before writing to you all who are not judging righteously. She stated that she needed help and made you to understand she does a business and was able to pay her children school fees until sickeness of her son took all she had, in other words she does her business in a very small scale and could do better if she is empowered with, between N300,000-500,000 and she went further to say that she can be assisted with any amount. When you pray to God in heaven about a husband, wife or a job, do you just pray vaguely that God should give a husband or a job without specifics of the kind of husband, kind of job and take home pay?

She does not have big eyes as you unwisely said, the problem is that your ego only alloy you to see bad things around other people and why would I compel you to give to others that may need your help when in return God will only bless the one who gives to the poor and needy and not me who ecourages the giver. Sorry, that I may have disappointed you.

Your major problem is that you lack the word of God that is why the devil has blinded so many of you to mock andlaugh at those in need orgeting that in your entire life somehow, somewhere people have helped you.

May God bless his word today in Jesus name.

ahnie:

You cant force people to give,the economy z biting,something I observed from this woman z,she has BIG eyes,she's not ready to start from the grassroots.

Peace!
Re: Be Someone Sunshine When Their Skies Are Gray! by richdad555: 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
ahnie:

Peace!

I judge righteously and plead the cause of all those who are poor and needy as the bible commanded me in the book of Proverbs:31:8 Open your mouth, judge righteously and plead the cause of the poor and needy and you may call me the husband, boyfriend or any name you seem fit just as Christ may have appeared to be the husband or boyfriend of the woman he saved from death in the bible whose kinsmen wanted her stoned to death for the reason of adultery. I say the bitter truth from the word of God which is a very strong and bitter pill that you may find very uncomfortable to swallow.

Point of correction;

Giving to the poor or needy in any way is not all about giving them money or material things, one can give someone in need hope by words of encouragement and prayer. You were right! to call me a motivational speaker because that is whom God has made me and I have been the voice of the voiceless and speak the mind of God to people like you who make fun of people's situation, you believe that you are indispensable. Go read the entire book of JOB and be humble before God. No body is compelling you to give any person in need or to the poor because giving out of compulsion or hesitation is sill unacceptable to God because is still like giving nothing at all.

You did not observe nothing from the woman in question, it will be wise to say what you have observed from yourself is that yourself has placed you in the wrong light to see and call others greedy or foolish or lazy. I read her post like two times before writing to you all who are not judging righteously. She stated that she needed help and made you to understand she does a business and was able to pay her children school fees until sickeness of her son took all she had, in other words she does her business in a very small scale and could do better if she is empowered with, between N300,000-500,000 and she went further to say that she can be assisted with any amount. When you pray to God in heaven about a husband, wife or a job, do you just pray vaguely that God should give a husband or a job without specifics of the kind of husband, kind of job and take home pay?

She does not have big eyes as you unwisely said, the problem is that your ego only alloy you to see bad things around other people and why would I compel you to give to others that may need your help when in return God will only bless the one who gives to the poor and needy and not me who ecourages the giver. Sorry, that I may have disappointed you.

Your major problem is that you lack the word of God that is why the devil has blinded so many of you to mock andlaugh at those in need orgeting that in your entire life somehow, somewhere people have helped you.

Re: Be Someone Sunshine When Their Skies Are Gray! by ahnie: 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2018
richdad555:

I judge righteously and plead the cause of all those who are poor and needy as the bible commanded me in the book of Proverbs:31:8 Open your mouth, judge righteously and plead the cause of the poor and needy and you may call me the husband, boyfriend or any name you seem fit just as Christ may have appeared to be the husband or boyfriend of the woman he saved from death in the bible whose kinsmen wanted her stoned to death for the reason of adultery. I say the bitter truth from the [s]word of God which is a very strong and bitter pill that you may find very uncomfortable to swallow[/s].

Point of correction;

She does not have big eyes as you unwisely said, the problem is that [s]your ego only alloy you to see bad things around other people [/s]and why would I compel you to give to others that may need your help when in return God will only bless the one who gives to the poor and needy and not me who ecourages the giver. Sorry, that I may have disappointed you.

you must have armed yourself with a very big bible as you easily reeks out epistles

1 Like

Re: Be Someone Sunshine When Their Skies Are Gray! by ismart: 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2018
ahnie:
Let her look for a teaching job
Its so easy to get.moreso this z corn season
let her join the hustle.she has this kind sense
of entitlement.

What do I even know sef.
lol. Don't mind them... I know their type. They believe all They need to do is just pray and speak the words and manner will fall from heaven.

Even God said man must work before he eats.
Re: Be Someone Sunshine When Their Skies Are Gray! by richdad555: 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
Be Someone Sunshine When Their Skies Are Gray!)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Jump Into River If Court Fails To Separate Us – House Wife Cries Out / What Signs Did U Ignore During Courtship? / 20 Signs That Shows A Girl Truely Loves You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.